GGT 244 Thinks That Sonic Game Looks Fun

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm actually kind of excited to see what MS has though because I almost want them to show something that makes me throw up my hands and say well I have to get one now. Admittedly the wife will want one for the almost inevitable Fable IV and especially if they manage to snag exclusivity for Dragon Age/Mass Effect (though I seriously doubt that's happening).
Just replace your Xbox 360 with a decent PC and you can buy Fable IV for that. Problem solved and no need to support the disaster shaping up to be XBone.

I did.

I started Abyss, but I'm only like 2 minutes into the game lol.

Ah well, I'm going to go play Dragon' Dogma now....

PC upgrade complete.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tYPzSGVHOc[/youtube]

Have my cpu overclocked to 4.3 ghz now, and the new graphics cards are working great, along with everything else still functioning.  Reactivating windows was a bit of a pain but I already knew it would be.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never beaten a single Tales game.

I was at the final area in Abyss but the disc messed up and i was never able to beat it. Like ever. Never ever. They should totally release a HD version of Abyss and Legendia since they're already bringing every Tales game to the ps3, lol.

I reached the epilogue in Graces but then my brother sent it back to gamefly (without even telling me). :( So i guess i technically beat the main story?

Downloading the trial for State of Decay.  Seems interesting, but impressions say it's kind of janky.

One thing I don't think I appreciate enough about the Xbox 360 is how it brought a standardized controller for PC games to support.  It's so good not having to deal with button mappings for games, everything "just works" with a wired 360 controller (or a DS3 which emulates a 360 controller).

Success: planted a box of trees stark-ass naked. There were many bugs and I am slightly itchy but on my way to a place with fewer bugs. Waiting in a hotel room while the camp is prepared. All the locals stare at us.

Sooo i hear you guys are fighting game fans?

Tekken Revolution was announced, free to play, PS3 exclusive. Available in 3 days.

What's up with all these fighters having free versions all of a sudden?

Catching up with this thread and the end of the last one:

Frosty, I'm sure there will be someway for Gamestop and other "participating retailers" to deactivate Xbone game licenses and make it new and able to be resold.  I mean they're not just going to give customers store credit for trading in a game if they can't resell it for a profit.

Still sucks balls for us as we'll only have shitty, low value trade ins as a way to ditch games since we can no longer sell them ourselves on ebay, Amazon, Craigslist.  Guess we could still trade on a site like CAG--but only to members who've been on our friends list 30+ days, and it could only be traded once (so the recipient is stuck with it, and we're stuck with ones we get in trades).

Big pile of meh.  I just really can't see talking myself into being ok with that since I don't replay or collect games.  I really hope Sony doesn't do/allow something similar.

Only thing that can make it ok for me is if the digital game prices eventually get to something like the Steam model--and I don't see that happening due to publisher greed.  If I'm never paying more than $40 for a game, and it's digital so I'm not stuck with a disc, I don't mind not being able to resell games.  So I guess if Sony has something similar I'll just wait 2-3+ years and buy once prices have dropped.  If Sony doesn't allow any of these types of restrictions on the PS4, I'll buy one at launch to support them for telling the publishers to fuck off and use their own online passes if they want to block used sales.  That doesn't bother me as I haven't had any problems selling games that have online passes on Amazon.

As for Animal Crossing, I've never played a game in the series but I added funds to my eshop account to buy the new one tonight or tomorrow.  Seems like a fun, relaxing diversion.  Opted for digital as I figure after the first week I'll probably just check in a few minutes here and there and it's easier to just have it installed than be constantly switching game cards from whatever I'm playing more seriously at the time.

I don't wanna quote stuff so I'm just going to post :D

The new Wii U Sonic looks good and I look forward to running around at the speed of sound with mah Sonic Boom

I enjoy the Tales games, I have Xillia preordered but I still need to beat Graces :/

That free Tekken thing is probably not going to be worth it if I already play TTT2 normally since they're just gonna charge for everything like with the DOA5 free thing that's happening

I'm also looking forward to Animal Crossing but I ordered it through NewEgg so I'm not going to have it for a few days

Lastly, I'm trying to figure out my schedule so I can just spend all of Monday and Tuesday watching the E3 stuff :D

Does Hayter voice Sonic? No? Fail.

Beat Dead Space 1 last nite. Not as good as I wanted it to be, but not bad. Gonna start up DS 2 tonite.

Finally did some reading up on some of the latest Xbone news. I do agree and also have a feeling hackers are gonna have it cracked open in a few months. People like that love these sort of challenges, and are already pissed at M$ anyway. We will probably be seeing jailbroke Xbones on Craigslist by next holiday, if not sooner.

I enjoy the Tales games, I have Xillia preordered but I still need to beat Graces :/

I'm also looking forward to Animal Crossing but I ordered it through NewEgg so I'm not going to have it for a few days
did you preordered tales of xillia collectors edition, or the regular? Did also ordered the animal crossing 3ds xl?

I'm gettin' dat Xillia Collector's box yo.

I have Abyss on 3DS.

Gonna get Animal Crossing on Monday or Tuesday I think.

I also need to grab Persona Golden sometime.  My Vita needs lovin'.

Really hoping for a Wii U price cut or at minimum some higher value bundle.

I am also really hoping there's some way to add additional tablet controllers as my kids would tear each other apart over who would get to use that versus the regular vanilla controllers.  What a stupid freakin' idea to make a single tablet controller for a console directed at families....

did you preordered tales of xillia collectors edition, or the regular? Did also ordered the animal crossing 3ds xl?
Only the regular version of Xillia, I didn't really care much for the figure and while the artbook would have been nice both of the editions come with some form of CD now so I figured the standard was good enough.

I also only bought the game for Animal Crossing, wasn't a huge fan of how the AC system looked and am happy with the 3DS I have now already.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UW8F02xM6h0[/youtube]
Yes. We have immediately become best friends again.

Success: planted a box of trees stark-ass naked. There were many bugs and I am slightly itchy but on my way to a place with fewer bugs. Waiting in a hotel room while the camp is prepared. All the locals stare at us.
OMG.

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

Only thing that can make it ok for me is if the digital game prices eventually get to something like the Steam model--and I don't see that happening due to publisher greed. If I'm never paying more than $40 for a game, and it's digital so I'm not stuck with a disc, I don't mind not being able to resell games. So I guess if Sony has something similar I'll just wait 2-3+ years and buy once prices have dropped. If Sony doesn't allow any of these types of restrictions on the PS4, I'll buy one at launch to support them for telling the publishers to fuck off and use their own online passes if they want to block used sales. That doesn't bother me as I haven't had any problems selling games that have online passes on Amazon.
Think the Steam model is good and you're okay with owning something digitally forever because the price is low?

Put your $400 toward a gaming PC. It's upgradeable, everything is free in terms of online service, the deals make up for what you'll spend upfront. You can play with console controllers in most games. The more you think about it the more you know it makes a lot of sense. :cool:

Think the Steam model is good and you're okay with owning something digitally forever because the price is low?

Put your $400 toward a gaming PC. It's upgradeable, everything is free in terms of online service, the deals make up for what you'll spend upfront. You can play with console controllers in most games. The more you think about it the more you know it makes a lot of sense. :cool:
My main hesitations are:

1. Still tricky to buy a PC that fits and blends into my TV stand. Not a lot of shelf space, and I don't want one on the floor next to it. I'm very OCD about how things look in my house. I'm also not clear on how/whether they work in terms of needing/not needing a wireless keyboard and mouse ever as I don't really want to have to find a place to stash those.

2. Most of my favorite games are console exclusives still. I'd miss out on stuff like Gears (only the first went to PC), Uncharted, Last of Us etc. etc. if I didn't have a console. Where as I can play those and the stuff that goes PC like Skyrim, Bioshock etc. on consoles and don't really miss much as most PC exclusives are MMOs or RTS games or Sim games that I don't play anyway.

The Steam pricing system is awesome though. If they made a Steambox console that was reasonably priced I may got that route and just deal with missing the exclusives.

Really though, I just hope you end up being right about the PS4 not having restrictive DRM and I can just pick that up.

I got past the prologue in Marvel Heroes now as well, the other free character I got right away was The Thing, he could be fun to play as I suppose :p

Lastly, I'm trying to figure out my schedule so I can just spend all of Monday and Tuesday watching the E3 stuff :D
Break something. Worked for me.
Hehe, I suppose that's an option....not sure if it's one I'll use but if I need a last minute solution I will keep that in mind :p How have you been doing stuck in the house more often lately? Getting some good gaming time in?

My main hesitations are:

1. Still tricky to buy a PC that fits and blends into my TV stand. Not a lot of shelf space, and I don't want one on the floor next to it. I'm very OCD about how things look in my house. I'm also not clear on how/whether they work in terms of needing/not needing a wireless keyboard and mouse ever as I don't really want to have to find a place to stash those.

2. Most of my favorite games are console exclusives still. I'd miss out on stuff like Gears (only the first went to PC), Uncharted, Last of Us etc. etc. if I didn't have a console. Where as I can play those and the stuff that goes PC like Skyrim, Bioshock etc. on consoles and don't really miss much as most PC exclusives are MMOs or RTS games or Sim games that I don't play anyway.

The Steam pricing system is awesome though. If they made a Steambox console that was reasonably priced I may got that route and just deal with missing the exclusives.

Really though, I just hope you end up being right about the PS4 not having restrictive DRM and I can just pick that up.
Yeah, I'd pick one up eventually, especially if the starting price is $400 or less.

Probably I'd wait to finish out my backlog on PS3 and then move after a price drop/revision, for sure. I mean how else am I going to play fighting games with the GGT? ;)

As for Gears? Unless MS changes their policy or you concede to be abused by their DRM, you won't be playing any more Gears games already. Yes, you'll miss out on Uncharted, or whatever Sony exclusives you might want to play, but you missed out on most of those without knowing what you were missing until your 360 mishap and adoption of a PS3. I'm not saying never get a PS4, just maybe consider PC as another option.

Yes, you'd need to have a keyboard or mouse of some sort -- but if you did it right, you could just use your iPad to launch most games once your PC is built. I fully plan on controlling my gaming PC by the netbook that sits here with me most of the time and getting a wireless/keyboard mouse for games that are better off being controlled by those. :)

I got past the prologue in Marvel Heroes now as well, the other free character I got right away was The Thing, he could be fun to play as I suppose :p

Hehe, I suppose that's an option....not sure if it's one I'll use but if I need a last minute solution I will keep that in mind :p How have you been doing stuck in the house more often lately? Getting some good gaming time in?

Yeah but I'm not completely housebound just my work won't let me work with a boot on. But yeah I've beaten more games in the last two weeks than I have all year.

It is kind of funny how both Sony's and Microsoft's next gen consoles are using standard PC architecture too, so I would hope that would mean it should be a lot easier to port games to the PC.

My main hesitations are:

Yeah, I'd pick one up eventually, especially if the starting price is $400 or less.

Probably I'd wait to finish out my backlog on PS3 and then move after a price drop/revision, for sure. I mean how else am I going to play fighting games with the GGT? ;)

As for Gears? Unless MS changes their policy or you concede to be abused by their DRM, you won't be playing any more Gears games already. Yes, you'll miss out on Uncharted, or whatever Sony exclusives you might want to play, but you missed out on most of those without knowing what you were missing until your 360 mishap and adoption of a PS3. I'm not saying never get a PS4, just maybe consider PC as another option.

Yes, you'd need to have a keyboard or mouse of some sort -- but if you did it right, you could just use your iPad to launch most games once your PC is built. I fully plan on controlling my gaming PC by the netbook that sits here with me most of the time and getting a wireless/keyboard mouse for games that are better off being controlled by those. :)
Japanese games barely exist on PC. Sure Japanese developers may have faltered a bit this generation but they still make most of my favorites.

Japanese games barely exist on PC. Sure Japanese developers may have faltered a bit this generation but they still make most of my favorites.
Square Enix has seen the light and been porting a lot. Capcom has been doing day and date with the PC version it seems starting this year (Revelations/DmC/Remember Me). Konami is now porting games (Revengeance, Lords of Shadow)... so we're getting there. Will you see Namco Bandai or Tecmo Koei stuff on PC? Hard to say, but with the new generation's architecture (see below) they'd be kind of stupid not to start if they haven't already.

With that said, there's probably some things that will never make it. So yeah, if you import a lot or whatever, you might need to kneel to the console overlords and maybe even the DRM whims that accompany them.

For me? I have a PS3 and a 360. I have a Vita and a 3DS. So far, I'll only be missing on the console exclusive games of the next generation when I go PC and by the time I pick up a PS4, I'm sure I could amass an instant backlog for pennies on the dollar... again, like I said above -- it's not about not getting a PS4 (or an XBone if that's really you're thing). The idea is about playing the waiting game and playing most of your games for lower prices on a more powerful platform. Having the ability to do all sorts of mods and stuff too, if that floats your boat -- I know when I install AE on my gaming PC, I'll be finding the mod that swaps Yun and Yang. There's just so many reasons that validate the PC side of things now that having it as your main and supplementing it with a console for the things you can't get elsewhere makes too much sense (to me at least) to not do it. :p

It is kind of funny how both Sony's and Microsoft's next gen consoles are using standard PC architecture too, so I would hope that would mean it should be a lot easier to port games to the PC.
Exactly. This has me hopefully that pretty much every non-exclusive will be on PC at some point -- and since MS has GFWL and we're seeing XBL games being ported to PC, hopefully this is a positive trend. I'll only need a PS4, hopefully, for things like God of War or Uncharted, etc.

whats up guys, its snakemaster :)  so my snakemaster2389 acct. got unbanned today but i get a message sayin  i don't have access to the community, wtf? i missed u guys :3

Email the moderation team, snake.  Multiple accounts will get you put in the permban list.  You don't want to go there.

--

Seems Dark Arisen is $32 on Amazon right now.  That's mighty tempting... I should clean out another game from my backlog though.  Maybe start on Darksiders II or Twisted Metal or Child of Eden or Sengoku Basara.  Either that or maybe I should try to play Peacewalker some more?  Urrgh.

Stranger's Wrath HD was cool, btw.  I'd probably give it a 7.5/10.  Solid game, glad I finally played it.  Worked well on Vita for the most part.

I remember playing SW back when it came out and was disappointed how short it was.

What do you play more peace walker? Grinding those trophies?

I remember playing SW back when it came out and was disappointed how short it was.

What do you play more peace walker? Grinding those trophies?
I only played the first chapter I think -- I was going slow, going back and getting better rankings on missions and then my PS3's BD drive died... when it came back, I had no desire to play it. But I now have the PSP version and can transfar to my Vita if I want -- thinking about doing that... just need to see what trophies I'd miss naturally (and would have to redo on PS3) before I commit to doing it all on my Vita first (for a story playthrough, at least).

Email the moderation team, snake. Multiple accounts will get you put in the permban list. You don't want to go there.

--

Seems Dark Arisen is $32 on Amazon right now. That's mighty tempting... I should clean out another game from my backlog though. Maybe start on Darksiders II or Twisted Metal or Child of Eden or Sengoku Basara. Either that or maybe I should try to play Peacewalker some more? Urrgh.

Stranger's Wrath HD was cool, btw. I'd probably give it a 7.5/10. Solid game, glad I finally played it. Worked well on Vita for the most part.

You should probably buy like two copies and then you can talk about the perfectly acceptable framerate you PC elitist.

Yeah but I'm not completely housebound just my work won't let me work with a boot on. But yeah I've beaten more games in the last two weeks than I have all year.
Ah, gotcha. Well I guess that's good that you're still able to do stuff and not just stuck at your house, a little break from work you could say. Probably isn't that bad if you can just sit back and relax for a while :p

dat red font doe
You know you like it :D

Played some more Marvel Heroes.

Didn't realize that there are open environments with random events in them. That's pretty neat. Most seem to be the standard "Kill x amount of y" but there was one that just had Electro appear as an enemy. It was cool to see 4 Hawkeyes and 6 Daredevils take him on.

Played some more Marvel Heroes.

Didn't realize that there are open environments with random events in them. That's pretty neat. Most seem to be the standard "Kill x amount of y" but there was one that just had Electro appear as an enemy. It was cool to see 4 Hawkeyes and 6 Daredevils take him on.
You playing through Steam or standalone? If it's Steam what's your account so I can add you, if it's standalone I can still add you to the in game friends list as well

Oh, and there were lots of bears. I got to yell and throw a stick at one.

My big regret is that I was not around to see the Shadow of the Eternals Kickstarter flame out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back