GGT 252 Is Going to Evo and will make Top 16 Masters of Teräs Käsi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, should I get SMTIV? I've never played a SMT game before so there is that.
I'm a fairly huge fan of the series. Don't be deceived by my undying love for a persona character, my first SMT game was actually SMT: Nocturne (i.e. SMTIII) and a really do adore that game, it's great and I expect great things from SMTIV. That and Tales of Xillia are two games that I'm super excited for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Enslaved didn't steal the story from DBZ. It's a retelling of Journey to the West (and several other stories) that DBZ also did.

I honestly have nothing against Ninja Theory. I enjoyed Enslaved. It was worth the 15 bucks I paid for it and I'm still a huge fan of DmC, and I'd like to see another one. Who the shit cares about balance and brokenness in a hack and slash. This ain't a fighting game.

Also, should I get SMTIV? I've never played a SMT game before so there is that.
I have no interest in the SMT games but if you buy fire emblem and SMT you get $30 back in nintendo points.

I'm building skeleton armor for my xcom guys.

I'm a fairly huge fan of the series. Don't be deceived by my undying love for a persona character, my first SMT game was actually SMT: Nocturne (i.e. SMTIII) and a really do adore that game, it's great and I expect great things from SMTIV. That and Tales of Xillia are two games that I'm super excited for.
Besides the Persona series, I haven't played any of the main SMT games. I'm hoping for re-releases in the future. Going to get a 3DS XL as soon as there is a decent sale or price drop.

I finally put my Air Conditioner in my room, it got so hot before that I started feeling bad due to it :/, in gaming related news the Kingdom Hearts HD keeps appearing in my Gold Box and I think I might finally bite the bullet on it, not like you can beat a $2 savings :D

New Lone Ranger looks like dung. Why would you fucking watch that pile of shit, Josh? :nottalking:
Saw it at the drive-in theater along with Monsters University (which was the one we actually wanted to see). Iron Man 3 was also playing afterwards, but it was like 2am by the time Lone Ranger finished, so neither me nor my girlfriend could have stayed awake through it.

Anime Expo was a blast, had a bunch of fun hanging out with League of Legends and Persona cosplayers, checking out other people's cosplays, and hanging and dancing with friends. I also ended up getting some nifty stuff too (maybe I'll post some pictures, I know my friends got some of us cosplaying so I can post those too once they put them up).

Those shivers... :cold:
You should come back to the east coast for a convention again.

Prediction. The next Batman game will be called Batman: Arkham Revelations.

You know it's true.
Either that or Arkham Retribution/Resurrection. The latter could involve bringing back The Joker somehow (Lazarus pit?).

I'm not. I've actually been leveling up my Psycho. He's probably my new favorite class.
Somehow Psycho seems like an appropriate class for you.

Gaiz, gimme your FCs!
0001-3325-9179

Anyone with a 3DS that isn't on my friends list can add me! Especially if you have Animal Crossing since I play it all the time.

pacific rim getting good reviews

yay
Yeah! Looks awesome, can't wait to see it.

Saw it at the drive-in theater along with Monsters University (which was the one we actually wanted to see). Iron Man 3 was also playing afterwards, but it was like 2am by the time Lone Ranger finished, so neither me nor my girlfriend could have stayed awake through it.
I'm going to a drive in myself tomorrow to see Monsters University and Man of Steel finally, might go again this weekend for Grown Ups 2/White House Down, can't go wrong with paying for less than one movie to see two, especially if they are ones you want to see.

I'm at January 18th on Persona 3 right now, and kind of stoked with the timing of SMTIV's release around the corner. Persona was my first foray into the franchise (Arena, of all games. Then 4, then 3. Ass backwards) but I'm really looking forward to it.

Nice marvel is early at 4:30 sunday don't have to wait all day. Injustice and marvel then I'm out! Maybe smash

http://www.eventhubs.com/images/2013/jul/08/evo-2013-official-stream-schedule/
Man, I can play Smash for days straight, but I just can not get into watching it.

Man, I can play Smash for days straight, but I just can not get into watching it.
Same, I can't really get into watching games in general though, every time I watch something it just makes me want to go play it instead. I love me my Smash though, hoping the online in the new one is great!

gta v gameplay trailer is out today. shooting mechanic looks like max payne  3 style, very disappointed.

I... actually like the GTA V trailer.

Nostalgia.
yeah, from the gameplay trailer, it looks far more enjoyable than that mess of a game gta iv. The shooting style is my only dislike. You can also gamble/invest in real estate/ stocks. That should be interesting. plus the diving in water, and biking. I had gta v special editions preordered already. So far it did not disappoint

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyU-sMZADiQ

I just couldn't get into GTA4, that trailer for 5 doesn't really excite me that much either, I just like the more over the top style of the older games/Saints Row a lot more in a game and am looking forward to the new Saints a lot more than that, I might try GTA5 sometime but I'm really not in a rush to do it. With GTA4 it was a lot of the gameplay mechanics that I really couldn't get that into, like the shooting and the driving, along with the kinda boring missions IMO. 

I thought GTA was way over hyped. Perhaps this game is too, but at least it seems to be adding that "fun" factor. Planes alone made that video for me. So much time spent flying a plane and skydiving in SA.

We shall see. 

I finally put my Air Conditioner in my room, it got so hot before that I started feeling bad due to it :/, in gaming related news the Kingdom Hearts HD keeps appearing in my Gold Box and I think I might finally bite the bullet on it, not like you can beat a $2 savings :D
wow, you are tough to able to withstand the heat in the summer. I can barely sleep this whole week at night, so i had to leave the ac on during the night, and it is only around 90 degrees

I'll agree with you that 5 definitely has that "fun" look to it more so than 4, but it's just not something I want to get right away, I want to save my money up for some of the next gen stuff (and a retron 5) and if would have released earlier there would probably have been a bigger chance of me getting it, but I'm sure I'll hear all about it when it launches anyways due to the immense popularity of that series.

wow, you are tough to able to withstand the heat in the summer. I can barely sleep this whole week at night, so i had to leave the ac on during the night, and it is only around 90 degrees

Man, the heat + having a small room crammed full of electronics + a lizard cage makes my room just way too hot. Yeah, I've had some troubles sleeping due to heat as well, just been having a fan pointed at me these past few days while I slept but I went up to the AC now, usually just set it to turn off if it hits a certain point but it's on always on mode right now due to the heat as well :/

I just couldn't get into GTA4, that trailer for 5 doesn't really excite me that much either, I just like the more over the top style of the older games/Saints Row a lot more in a game and am looking forward to the new Saints a lot more than that, I might try GTA5 sometime but I'm really not in a rush to do it. With GTA4 it was a lot of the gameplay mechanics that I really couldn't get that into, like the shooting and the driving, along with the kinda boring missions IMO.
what system you will be getting it on tho? it seems like people on this thread prefer gaming on their 360 compare to ps3

what system you will be getting it on tho? it seems like people on this thread prefer gaming on their 360 compare to ps3
If I do pick it up it will be on 360, just because that's where I have more friends and I prefer the controller

GTA V looks good, but I'm in no hurry to play it.

Hmmm, depends.  

MoCiWe is definitely an xbox guy.  So is gunnm.

Indignate tends to be xbox too, I think.

Joel depends, he's about 50/50 these days, I think.

Hank and Rai Rai are PC followed by PS3.

I'm generally PS3.

Not sure on the rest.

By the time I'm interested in playing it, I'll be looking for a sale on the Steam version, I'd wager.

Otherwise, I might grab it on PS3.  

All about dat xbox dawg. Except next gen, well maybe if I can afford one then its PS4+xbox one with black tape covering the video cam like I do with my desktop dawg.

All about dat xbox dawg. Except next gen, well maybe if I can afford one then its PS4+xbox one with black tape covering the video cam like I do with my desktop dawg.
didn't you get a ps3 ? or did you just returned it? LOL, you don't like the xbox one being like big brother wataching your every move?

GTA V looks good, but I'm in no hurry to play it.

Hmmm, depends.

MoCiWe is definitely an xbox guy. So is gunnm.

I'm generally PS3.

Not sure on the rest.

By the time I'm interested in playing it, I'll be looking for a sale on the Steam version, I'd wager.

Otherwise, I might grab it on PS3.
you will probably get a sale on current gen console version, before you get a port to pc.

I'll agree with you that 5 definitely has that "fun" look to it more so than 4, but it's just not something I want to get right away, I want to save my money up for some of the next gen stuff (and a retron 5) and if would have released earlier there would probably have been a bigger chance of me getting it, but I'm sure I'll hear all about it when it launches anyways due to the immense popularity of that series.

Man, the heat + having a small room crammed full of electronics + a lizard cage makes my room just way too hot. Yeah, I've had some troubles sleeping due to heat as well, just been having a fan pointed at me these past few days while I slept but I went up to the AC now, usually just set it to turn off if it hits a certain point but it's on always on mode right now due to the heat as well :/
lol, i set it to the economic option, which it turns off after it reaches certain point. you have a lizard as a pet? i really don't like animals/pets. the only pet i ever had in my life was those cheap small goldfishes, my parents bought me.

Lorene Drive was a good band. Why the singer have to go and do something stupid like join Hollywood Undead?

Whatever, I'm over it.

I can't wait for this thread to devolve into GTAIV nonsense. Where's Zeki to get the party started?

All bout dat Xbox indeed! Probably even next gen for me, and if I can afford it a PS4 as well, as for the Kinect thing, the one I have now is basically always on anyways and I have cameras everywhere, so yeah, I guess I don't see that as a huge reason for me not to get one, granted I understand why people don't want it.

lol, i set it to the economic option, which it turns off after it reaches certain point. you have a lizard as a pet? i really don't like animals/pets. the only pet i ever had in my life was those cheap small goldfishes, my parents bought me.
Yeah, I've had him for about 10 years now, a leopard gecko to be more exact, there's also cats, tortioses, a fish, and some degus in my house as well, the lizards the only one that's mainly mine though. I've had a lot of pets before like fish and hamsters as well, I like having a pet.

Lorene Drive was a good band. Why the singer have to go and do something stupid like join Hollywood Undead?

Whatever, I'm over it.

I can't wait for this thread to devolve into GTAIV nonsense. Where's Zeki to get the party started?
I only know of one of these bands and I've seen them live, I like finding out about all this music I don't know about from this thread though as I generally enjoy anything that's not rap or country (with some exceptions), and more music is always good.

Yeah, I've had him for about 10 years now, a leopard gecko to be more exact, there's also cats, tortioses, a fish, and some degus in my house as well, the lizards the only one that's mainly mine though. I've had a lot of pets before like fish and hamsters as well, I like having a pet.
do you need any special license, or special certification to have a lizard? if you have all those pets, you must do a lot of cleaning after them.

Why would you see Hollywood Undead live?

Sicko.
I didn't really want to, they were part of a big set list of bands and if I go to a show I am going to sit through all of the bands that play, I'm not a huge fan of theirs but they have a couple of alright songs. They were at this 2 years ago: http://www.rockusaoshkosh.com/

I might go again this year, it's pretty soon here.

do you need any special license, or special certification to have a lizard? if you have all those pets, you must do a lot of cleaning after them.
Nope, no license. It's actually not that much work for a lot of them, for a lizard for example you only clean the cage once a week, and make sure the water is clean. I feed him crickets which you only have get weekly as well (and you have food for them in there as well)

That's a great deal, especially considering I got Fire Emblem for like $28 (and I got my SMTIV preorder for a discounted price as well).

Oh and I didn't realize at first, but the $30 credit can also be used on the WiiU eShop, which is also good considering New Super Luigi U is out.

Gosh, Borderlands 2 is so much more fun with the Psycho. Running up and beating bosses to death with my melee weapon is great.

Also, sorry I missed your message last night, Frosty! I was away from my comp. I did get your number though, so yay! :D

Mario and Luigi is coming out next month, too. Not a bad promotion at all.
Wow, didn't realize that was so soon. I probably won't have time to play it right away considering Pikmin 3 is coming out next month too and I have a bunch of other stuff I still need to finish. But I do love the Mario & Luigi series, especially Bowser's Inside Story.

Gosh, Borderlands 2 is so much more fun with the Psycho. Running up and beating bosses to death with my melee weapon is great.

Also, sorry I missed your message last night, Frosty! I was away from my comp. I did get your number though, so yay! :D
I wish me and indidawg were there you relish in your joy but you ignored his invites. Whatever, he's over it.

Every new trailer I see of wolverine the movie is looking worse and worse.

MoCiWe is definitely an xbox guy. So is gunnm.

I'm generally PS3.

Not sure on the rest.
I'm pc+ ps3. :)

Also, steam sale is pretty much confirmed for Thursday since the Midweek Madness ends at 10am. I told ya'll i was right.

Yo butt rarely gets on steam. You're just ps3.

This isn't a foot thing Indiggle. Shaddup.

You should come back to the east coast for a convention again.
I might, probably not till next year though. I'm not so sure I'd do Otakon since it really is kind of too close to Fanime and Anime Expo and I'd like to spread my vacations out, plus I'd enjoy going to a convention for another hobby I enjoy. I'm considering doing PAX East and/or NYCC next year if you wanted to go to one of those and hang out (if we make plans early enough maybe we could even figure out a rooming situation together). I think PAX East would be really awesome to hang out with you at, since we both are into videogames and their is a really strong board game presence at the convention as well (plus lots of my cosplays are gaming related anyways, haha).

Looks like that Fire Emblem: Awakening + SMT4 = $30 Nintendo credit thing was true and is up. Looks like it may also count retroactive purchases for people that got FE:A at launch, which would be fucking great.

http://club2.nintendo.com/30/
Just got an e-mail about that. Fairly good deal for me since I already own Fire Emblem and I'm getting SMT4. Not sure what I'll actually use the credit on though since I don't know how many digital 3DS games I want to own, but maybe some more good virtual console stuff will come out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back