GGT 252 Is Going to Evo and will make Top 16 Masters of Teräs Käsi

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wasn't in the greatest of shape, but he wasn't like grossly overweight either. Hell up until my ankle injury I walked about 4 miles every workday since I walk to work (minimum of 4 times a week, sometimes more because I usually pick up shifts whenever possible) and I've still had trouble keeping in shape.
I don't know the heart is weird you could be the healthiest of people and still get heart attacks. I'm just saying 34 and died by natural causes while over weight usually means one thing.

So I'm watching lone ranger and this guy annoys me. He's all like nah I don't kill people I'm a lawyer they're gonna get a trail meanwhile they're shooting at him. I feel ripped off and I downloaded this movie illegally. Thanks for making me watch this whoknows. I'm never listening to you again.

Btw joel dawg died in his 2nd mission mainly it was my fault because I made him take cover on top of a truck next to 4 aliens but I turned off my xbox so it doens't count

Last edited by a moderator:
Btw joel dawg died in his 2nd mission mainly it was my fault because I made him take cover on top of a truck next to 4 aliens but I turned off my xbox so it doens't count
Pussy.

tumblr_lmcm8jHcnE1qjj9spo1_500.gif

So I'm watching lone ranger and this guy annoys me. He's all like nah I don't kill people I'm a lawyer they're gonna get a trail meanwhile they're shooting at him. I feel ripped off and I downloaded this movie illegally. Thanks for making me watch this whoknows. I'm never listening to you again.
Brisco County Jr.> Lone Ranger

I need a bud to play some mk on steam, wwe 13 on xbox and maybe some mavhul heroes or somethin. who wants to be my bff? :3

What level are your characters Jo-el?

lol @ Frosty bro.  I have to admit, it's not quite right to wish all those guys to go out of business...it's not like every person on staff is some egotistical douchebag who made a game character look like him in the reboot he was in charge of making.

What are you?
An adult.

Shit sucks.

A full time job and a girlfriend will do wonders for taking up gaming time.
Bingo. But I don't mind. I have time during the week to game. :bouncy:

Sex with GF is better than games. Enjoy hankybro.
Agreed. And I do. ^__^

Brisco County Jr.> Lone Ranger
Loved Brisco County Jr.

New Lone Ranger looks like dung. Why would you fucking watch that pile of shit, Josh? :nottalking:

lets fucking do it
Gross.

My wife wants to see it because Johnny Depp. Been able to avoid being dragged to it so far...

What level are your characters Jo-el?

lol @ Frosty bro. I have to admit, it's not quite right to wish all those guys to go out of business...it's not like every person on staff is some egotistical douchebag who made a game character look like him in the reboot he was in charge of making.
Hey, I didn't wish the competent ones never worked in the industry again -- I plan to pick up DmC cause it looked like fun with how broken it was, but it didn't look like an actual *good* game. Just good by NT standards.

Mainly the comment was pulled from the desire to (1) never see another NT game, since I've not been a fan of anything they've done so far and more importantly (2) never seen NT destroy another franchise I hold dear. fuck, there have been studios that made better games than NT could ever dream of shut down this year (Liverpool [WipEout2048, etc.], Zipper [Unit 13] just to name a few). There's no way that NT deserves to stay in business with the schlock they've put out over the course of the studio's career. [Just to clarify -- mostly schlock referring to gameplay/technical deliverables, but also applicable to design in some cases (see DmC).]

---

Side note: I have BL2 on 360 with the season pass and the mechromancer (can't remember if I bought the Psycho). I do not have Tiny Tina's DLC. But if you want another player and need someone to hop in, let me know.. I'll play with you blokes if I'm around and free.

this has been NT's creative director for their past 3 games:

a_med_BRJ_9485.JPG.jpg

but he's also the co-founder of the company so i guess that's why he still has a job

Ugh I wish I hadn't bitten on BL2 for $10, I'd pay $2 more for a physical copy I can trade in...

So my best bud made it a point to tell me that he enjoyed Tomb Raider 2013 more than Uncharted.  I predicted and knew this would happen, but I still roll my eyes.  IMO, to me the two games are really not far from each other in either gameplay design or gameplay mechanics.  There are differences to be sure: the upgradable weapons and easier item chasing give some edge to Tomb Raider for example, but I enjoyed both games about the same.  I have little desire to replay either and both have issues with melee combat, camera, and certain elements of aiming/shooting.  Uncharted has a more light-hearted story with a better sense of high adventure.  Tomb Raider's story was completely fucking stupid with throwaway characters that seemed to be created just as plot devices and for "diversity".  The dialog was not terribly well done, either.

It did make me question though "what is a gamer"?  For me, I enjoy a wide variety of different games and game types, and I'm perfectly fine not chasing trophies/achievements or even completing games.  My best bud likes only very specific kinds of games and game themes, but he is relentless in chasing the achievements and is a completionist.  Who would be considered more of a "gamer"/lyfer?  I can play any game and have fun and balance between trophy hunting/completionism while enjoying multiple genres, he can play certain games only but he plays them at a ridiculously high level.

The need to compare Uncharted with Tomb Raider is getting tiresome. They have completely different tones to them, so the fact that you can draw comparisons to gameplay mechanics isn't necessarily relevant to whether or not someone will enjoy both games.  Uncharted is very lighthearted (from its pincushion enemies, massive shootouts, and to the platforming) while Tomb Raider is more dramatic in every aspect. As for writing/characters, is there really something worth arguing about here? Neither is as highbrow as anyone makes them out to be. They're just well animated and fun to play versions of B movie scripts, that let their production values do the talking. Each adventure just contains completely different kinds of thrills, so I really wouldn't be as shocked to hear that someone preferred one over the other.

Anime Expo was a blast, had a bunch of fun hanging out with League of Legends and Persona cosplayers, checking out other people's cosplays, and hanging and dancing with friends. I also ended up getting some nifty stuff too (maybe I'll post some pictures, I know my friends got some of us cosplaying so I can post those too once they put them up).

Tomb Raider is more dramatic in every aspect.
Those shivers... :cold:

Anime Expo was a blast, had a bunch of fun hanging out with League of Legends and Persona cosplayers, checking out other people's cosplays, and hanging and dancing with friends. I also ended up getting some nifty stuff too (maybe I'll post some pictures, I know my friends got some of us cosplaying so I can post those too once they put them up).

Those shivers... :cold:
The shivering was so fake. I hope they release a patch to fix it.

It could be that Laura's muscles were warm after the activity of murdering a few dozen men, and so the developer smartly chose to cease the depiction of shivering.

The need to compare Uncharted with Tomb Raider is getting tiresome. blah blah blah

You mad?

You no likey, then just ignore those posts panzerbro. I find that kind of negativity tiresome. :p

I was more leading in to a discussion about different kinds of gamers, if you cared to read that far.

lolol trainwreck

did you get it bluescrote? I hope pacific rim doesn't flop this won't bode well for us mexican weaboo's if this movie flops
Pacific Rim looks pretty awesome, there are so many movies that I haven't seen yet though since I'm cheap, I'm finally going to see Man of Steel at the outdoors in a couple days since it's a fair amount cheaper, usually gonna be that or 5 dollar weds/thurs unless I'm going with a big group or can get a good deal dX

So it seems if you buy FE:A and SMT IV and register the codes, you get $30 credit for the eShop.

Nice.

Edit: Fixed.

I'm over it.
Wait what? I already have one of those games, $30 seems like a lot for only 2 games o_O

Enslaved was alright.
They totally stole the story from DBZ......I thought it was decent enough as well in reality, it was at least worth the playthrough I did

I have a week to start and complete Soul Hackers.

Challenge Accepted.
I have that game sitting here unopened as well, I'm not sure when I'll ever get to it :/, I just thought the price would go up more than down so I picked one up so I could play it later

All of these games that are doing season/dlc passes and are just like hey, we're still making more! I'm okay with it but now this is like what the 3rd time? It's just kinda funny.

It did make me question though "what is a gamer"? For me, I enjoy a wide variety of different games and game types, and I'm perfectly fine not chasing trophies/achievements or even completing games. My best bud likes only very specific kinds of games and game themes, but he is relentless in chasing the achievements and is a completionist. Who would be considered more of a "gamer"/lyfer? I can play any game and have fun and balance between trophy hunting/completionism while enjoying multiple genres, he can play certain games only but he plays them at a ridiculously high level.
I'm the same way as you in that I will play a large majority of games and can usually have fun with them, I used to go for a lot of achievements but now I only will if I really enjoy the game, I still like to do all the little things in games but if I don't get everything it's still worth playing.

Enslaved didn't steal the story from DBZ. It's a retelling of Journey to the West (and several other stories) that DBZ also did. 

I honestly have nothing against Ninja Theory. I enjoyed Enslaved. It was worth the 15 bucks I paid for it and I'm still a huge fan of DmC, and I'd like to see another one. Who the shit cares about balance and brokenness in a hack and slash. This ain't a fighting game. 

Also, should I get SMTIV? I've never played a SMT game before so there is that. 

It's interesting (to me anyways), that some gamers can be so focused on particular genres or games, to the extent they don't care to play anything else.  I can play anything from a puzzle game to an adventure game, to Madden and most everything in-between.  I'll play Mario and Animal Crossing and have fun, yet my buddies won't even give other games an outside thought.  There's no right or wrong, of course, but it does make things a bit more difficult when I feel like getting hype on something that my friends aren't into.

Enslaved didn't steal the story from DBZ. It's a retelling of Journey to the West (and several other stories) that DBZ also did.

I honestly have nothing against Ninja Theory. I enjoyed Enslaved. It was worth the 15 bucks I paid for it and I'm still a huge fan of DmC, and I'd like to see another one. Who the shit cares about balance and brokenness in a hack and slash. This ain't a fighting game.

Also, should I get SMTIV? I've never played a SMT game before so there is that.
I know, I was joking since people were saying NT should shut down. I agree that Enslaved is worth around 15 bucks, I also had a lot of fun with Kung Fu Chaos back on the Xbox, they should make more games like that.

It's interesting (to me anyways), that some gamers can be so focused on particular genres or games, to the extent they don't care to play anything else. I can play anything from a puzzle game to an adventure game, to Madden and most everything in-between. I'll play Mario and Animal Crossing and have fun, yet my buddies won't even give other games an outside thought. There's no right or wrong, of course, but it does make things a bit more difficult when I feel like getting hype on something that my friends aren't into.
Yeah, I have some friends who are the same way, they get so into certain games/genres that it's like they don't even know other stuff exists, while I'm over try games from almost every genre, I'm the same in that when I'll usually just sit down, pop in a game, and have fun just playing whatever (As long as it's not a really terrible game or something I don't like).

So if DmC gets a pass on its complete lack of fundamentals, what hack and slash would you consider bad?
I guess I'm not seeing the definition of broken and unbalanced as you guys are viewing it. Sure, yeah, get rid of the bugs, glitches and all that shit; that shouldn't be in any game and patch it out if they are there. But the whole point of hack and slashes-- good ones, at least -- is to fuck as much shit up as possible and deal mass amounts of wanton destruction. Of course, elements from other genres like RPGs and platformers are going to be tossed in there to spice the genre up. I had no problem with the core gameplay with DmC, because it felt fluid and free-flowing to me.

I can't say I've really considered a Hack and Slash game bad since the days of Lament of Innocent and DMC2. I may not have liked the stories and characters in DMC4 and MGR:R, but I still found them fun to play. I just enjoy them for what they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back