GGT 258 Continues to Celebrate Leda's Birthday with Shots Shots Shots!

I picked up a PS3 on Friday thanks to BB's deal.  250 GB Super Slim with Uncharted 3 GOTY and a year of PS+ for $215.  Also added Battle Royale.  What are some other PS3 games I should plan to pick up?  So far I'm looking at:

-Uncharted 1 and 2

-Infamous series

-MLB 13 the Show

-Last of Us (after a sale or two of course)

-Little Big Planet games?

I picked up a PS3 on Friday thanks to BB's deal. 250 GB Super Slim with Uncharted 3 GOTY and a year of PS+ for $215. Also added Battle Royale. What are some other PS3 games I should plan to pick up? So far I'm looking at:

-Uncharted 1 and 2

-Infamous series

-MLB 13 the Show

I'd definitely recommend the Little Big Planet games, such great fun, especially if you can get some multiplayer games. Besides what you listed I would also recommend the Ratchet and Clank series and the God of War series (can get the collection for this now), KillZone/Resistance are both good shooters if you like them (not as good as something like Halo imo but still fun).

Some games that might not be for everything but I really enjoyed were 3D Dot Game Heroes (similar to the old Zelda titles) and the Yakuza games, but bear in mind those do not have any english voice overs so you have to read the subtitles. Then if you are into RPGs at all there are a bunch of those but I'll leave those out for now since you didn't list any :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up a PS3 on Friday thanks to BB's deal. 250 GB Super Slim with Uncharted 3 GOTY and a year of PS+ for $215. Also added Battle Royale. What are some other PS3 games I should plan to pick up? So far I'm looking at:

-Uncharted 1 and 2

-Infamous series

-MLB 13 the Show

Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction & A Crack in Time are both excellent.

I just did a survey that was over an hour but I got $20 for doing it :O, I was gonna play a game but that was worth it, and it's nice to get a little extra money :D

Stop being such a casual Mo and pre-order the CE of hatsune miku already
Was talking about Tales of Xillia, not Hatsune Miku man, get with the program

GONNA SEE WOLVERINE TODAY OMG SO EXCITE

how exactly does wolverine get stripped of his adamamnrntieunm is beyond me BUT OK WHATEVER

I know but have you pre-ordered the CE of hatsuna miku yet? casual
Nah, that ain't me. If I play a music game it's gonna be some good ol rock and roll (NOTE: I play other music games as well, but I have enough of them already that I don't need another right now)

how exactly does wolverine get stripped of his adamamnrntieunm is beyond me BUT OK WHATEVER
I saw that the movie had the worst of any opening weekend in North America but had the best international opening, people probably were a little indecisive after that Origins movie.

Nah, that ain't me. If I play a music game it's gonna be some good ol rock and roll (NOTE: I play other music games as well, but I have enough of them already that I don't need another right now)

I saw that the movie had the worst of any opening weekend in North America but had the best international opening, people probably were a little indecisive after that Origins movie.
It had an opening the same as first class but fox was expecting it to get 80 mil, it still got 55 mil. At least it didn't flop like fucking lone ranger.

WOLVERINE 3 PLOX

It had an opening the same as first class but fox was expecting it to get 80 mil, it still got 55 mil. At least it didn't flop like fucking lone ranger.

WOLVERINE 3 PLOX
Oh I'm happy it didn't flop either, just pointed out that I saw an article. I definitely don't mind getting more Xmen/Wolverine/other character movies so I'm happy it's doing well overall.

Starting a new game of Skyrim on PC with mad mods was a terrible idea. Where the fuck did my weekend go?

Too much to recap. I saw something about e-readers. I got the pre-wife a Nook HD and she adores it. Been tearing up some early Uncanny X-Men.

Yay PC upgrade.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3Pv4c4Qz9w

Bye now.

Starting a new game of Skyrim on PC with mad mods was a terrible idea. Where the fuck did my weekend go?
Told you that would happen :D Mods, mods everywhere! They don't stop showing up! OMG THERE's TOO MANY :O

Would it be gay to have sex with morph if he were transformed as jean grey?
Uhhhhhh....I'm going to go with yes, you'd probably end up very, very confused if that happened as well, I don't even know

Played a bunch more of the Dragonborn DLC for Skyrim last night.  

A little Zelda: Oracle of Seasons before that, finished up the 4th dungeon and got to the 5th and saved and quit.

Stop being such a casual Mo and pre-order the CE of hatsune miku already
I kind of wish Hatsune Miku did have a CE. It could have brought a small figure or a system decal or something. I dunno. Anything Miku is <3.

I wanted to get the CE for Xilia as the Milla figure looks awesome. However, the LE brings the costumes and I rather have that.

Whatever.

I don't know what's up with me lately but I just keep getting this overwhelming urge to get rid of my 3DS XL. I just feel like I have more fun playing the Vita. It's like I can't let go though because I think well..... I have all these ambassador games, dsiware games, free club nintendo gameboy games, etc. etc. etc.

It's also odd to me that in the Gamecube gen I was a huge Nintendo fan and now I don't even want their consoles. What to do, what to do real world problems. Lol.

Seriously, what are you playing on the Vita lately? I've spent more time on my 3DS than any other system this year between Fire Emblem, Luigi's Mansion, Animal Crossing, Project X Zone, etc I like the tech of the Vita but the games list is pretty underwhelming (and the ridiculously over-priced memory cards aren't helping) . The only game that even tempts me on there is Persona 4.

Seriously, what are you playing on the Vita lately? I've spent more time on my 3DS than any other system this year between Fire Emblem, Luigi's Mansion, Animal Crossing, Project X Zone, etc I like the tech of the Vita but the games list is pretty underwhelming (and the ridiculously over-priced memory cards aren't helping) . The only game that even tempts me on there is Persona 4.
Lol, Oddly enough I just played Chronovolt which was pretty bad but I seemed to have fun with it. Gave me some Marble Madness nostalgia. It was free on plus. I recently finished Metal Gear Solid 2 on it. First time I finished it. I also have waiting for me Jet Set Radio (never played), Metal Gear Solid 3, Sly Thieves In Time (might wait until I finish 2 and 3 though), Assassin's Creed III Liberation. I have my mainstays like Hot Shots, Mortal Kombat, and Lumines.

I've finished these games on there:

Chronovolt
Escape Plan
Gravity Rush
Guacamelee
Mutant Blobs Attack
Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
Plants vs. Zombies
Rayman Origins
Resistance Burning Skies
Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Unit 13

I will also probably try out Virtue's Last Reward at some point and now Dokuro is coming to Plus as well. There always seems to be a bunch of new indie games coming out. So even without the stuff I have I'm sure there would be more I could find to play.

Not to be a downer but of these 4 games: Fire Emblem, Luigi's Mansion, Animal Crossing, Project X Zone I would only maybe want to play Luigi's Mansion and I'm not even gung ho on it. I don't get the Animal Crossing love...never had along with Pikmin. Fire Emblem isn't my type of game.

That's the thing though with the 3DS...even though I have some stuff waiting and heck I'm even playing Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D right now I'm just not feeling it. A lot of the games feel so familiar and it's like all of a sudden I'm worn out on it all.

I don't know what's up with me lately but I just keep getting this overwhelming urge to get rid of my 3DS XL. I just feel like I have more fun playing the Vita. It's like I can't let go though because I think well..... I have all these ambassador games, dsiware games, free club nintendo gameboy games, etc. etc. etc.

It's also odd to me that in the Gamecube gen I was a huge Nintendo fan and now I don't even want their consoles. What to do, what to do real world problems. Lol.
I felt that was about the PSP way back when so I sold mine, a while later I ended up getting another one so from that experience I'd recommend just holding on to it now even if you aren't playing it much, you might end up wanting to play something on it really badly in a couple months/a year and if you don't have one that sucks lol, plus as you said you have a bunch of games on there already, maybe someday you'll just find one that really pulls you in.

I'm with Erad in that I have a Vita as well but I basically don't play it compared to my 3DS, it has some good games but the 3DS is just getting so much more right now.

I felt that was about the PSP way back when so I sold mine, a while later I ended up getting another one so from that experience I'd recommend just holding on to it now even if you aren't playing it much, you might end up wanting to play something on it really badly in a couple months/a year and if you don't have one that sucks lol, plus as you said you have a bunch of games on there already, maybe someday you'll just find one that really pulls you in.
Yeah I think that is why I don't want to let it go, as I'm sure something will be released I'll want to play. I'll probably pick up the new Zelda as well. I'm actually kind of hoping they bring over Majora's eventually too. The funny thing is if I had to rank a favorite 3DS game it would be Resident Evil Revelations which isn't even Nintendo
(which is suprising). Also Shinobi is kind of old school (tough as nails) but it's pretty fun so far. Only up to Level 2.

Swagneto.

Would it be gay to have sex with morph if he were transformed as jean grey?
Only if you liked it.

I wanted to get the CE for Xilia as the Milla figure looks awesome. However, the LE brings the costumes and I rather have that.

Whatever.
Wow...

I'm with Erad in that I have a Vita as well but I basically don't play it compared to my 3DS, it has some good games but the 3DS is just getting so much more right now.
I'm with jkam. I have a 3DS XL. I have a ton of games that should interest me. Yet I don't want to play them and I keep finding something else on Vita I think is phenomenal. (Just started P4G, still playing Silent Hill:Book of Memories, and got Stealth Inc. too!). I started Luigi's Mansion at one point and made it to the second area... but I have had nothing that makes me want to play that instead of one of the games I'm currently playing on Vita.

I play my 3ds a good bit. Mostly Animal Crossing though. Mainly play it at the girlfriend's place, so not sure how much play it will get after we move in together.

No interest in a Vita. I just have no desire to basically play console games on a small screen.

The 3DS works for me as I don't have a Nintendo console (and probably never will again) and their cartoony games don't benefit from the big screen and surround sound nearly as much as something like Uncharted does.

I will always choose a 3DS over a Vita. There is only one game on the Vita that interests and that is P4G. Not nearly enough to get me to buy a system. I've got Theatrhythm, Project X Zone and now SMTIV on the 3DS that keeps more than busy, and not to mention Pokemon X and Y in October and a few other games to come out this year. 

I loved my Vita when I got it. I honestly only got it for P4G. Since then, the machine has turned into a PSP device. There aren't exactly that many retail Vita games being released for it, and I couldn't care less for all those indie games they keep releasing on it. 

Having just gotten a 3DS, I'm enjoying it a lot more than I am my Vita. It has more games to play at the moment and the Streetpass is fun on its own. That and as Ghost said, Pokemon is coming out in October. 

No interest in a Vita. I just have no desire to basically play console games on a small screen.
I don't know the 3DS feels like it has more and more "console" games than the DS ever did. Zelda Ocarina, Donkey Kong Returns, Luigi's Mansion, Paper Mario etc. I get what you are saying though it fills that need to not own a Nintendo console. I'm not buying a Wii U either.

The Vita does have a lot of smaller games though as well. I still want to pick up Velocity Ultra, maybe Stealth Inc., Hotline Miami etc. It just keeps getting more and more and no one is paying attention. It's not all Uncharteds (which is awesome by the way).

I went into Vita ownership knowing that I was making it into a pocket PSOne/PSP. Good Vita games were just a bonus for me. I'm fully aware that it's not the intended use from most buyers, but the thing's treated me very well. I've probably played my 3DS and Vita more than anything this year, even with the crazy amount of good games flying around.

Seriously, this year is kind of crazy for games.

I'd like to get a Vita eventually once the price is lower and the memory cards are more affordable. I'm not in any hurry to buy one right now though since pretty much all the games on it that I have any interest in can be found on other platforms (Gravity Rush and Soul Sacrifice being the exceptions) There's plenty of indie games on the platform that I'd gladly rebuy if I had a Vita, but I'm not gonna buy a system just to replay the games I already own on PC/PS3.

The Vita does have a lot of smaller games though as well. I still want to pick up Velocity Ultra, maybe Stealth Inc., Hotline Miami etc. It just keeps getting more and more and no one is paying attention. It's not all Uncharteds (which is awesome by the way).
I think the problem with most of the smaller indie games for a lot of people isn't that they're not worth playing. The problem is that those games have been out on PC for a while and/or they can be bought on PS3. So while the Vita has plenty of great indie games, exclusivity is what they need in order to sell systems to people for whom the portability factor isn't enough.

I think the problem with most of the smaller indie games for a lot of people isn't that they're not worth playing. The problem is that those games have been out on PC for a while and/or they can be bought on PS3. So while the Vita has plenty of great indie games, exclusivity is what they need in order to sell systems to people for whom the portability factor isn't enough.
It's definitely a good point, I'm hoping with Sony's indie push though that we'll start to see newer indie games day and date with PC. It's also helping me get to stuff that I missed out on in the first place. If anything though I feel as if there are too many games to play on every platform at this point. It's like a sea of games, and were all drowning. Backlog.

I'm still hoping Sega makes a portable HD version of Sonic 2006 for the Vita.

I kind of wish Hatsune Miku did have a CE. It could have brought a small figure or a system decal or something. I dunno. Anything Miku is <3.

Whatever.
but you still get the costume with collectors edition. i ordered the ce, for xilla

Two cons and I have yet to see a single person with a Vita out. I didn't find anyone on Near, either.

Was the costume thing a recent change? When they first announced it they had said it wasn't included. 

Two cons and I have yet to see a single person with a Vita out. I didn't find anyone on Near, either.

Was the costume thing a recent change? When they first announced it they had said it wasn't included.
after the backlash from "fans" on the namico forum, they rescind it. so now all versions/ editions gets costumes

Oh, wow. I can post again. What the shit is with CAG getting broken in Chrome? I also hope Sega ports Sonic 06 to Vita. I'd get it.

I don't think banging Morph would count as gay since he can have a vag. It's like Mystique.

Wolverine was such a good movie. Everyone go see it and then watch the final credit. OGOGOGOGOG

Oh, wow. I can post again. What the shit is with CAG getting broken in Chrome? I also hope Sega ports Sonic 06 to Vita. I'd get it.

I don't think banging Morph would count as gay since he can have a vag. It's like Mystique.
But Mystique is a female.

THIS ONES FOR YOU MORPH right before you stick it in.

I wanna talk with joel about the movie but he's a casual and will probably wait for bluray. So in 5 months we're going to discuss a lot of shit.

Alright

Wolverine is going through the airport on the tv screen you see a trask industry logo pop up, change and keys start to shake magento pops up behind wolverine, he tries to stab him he stops him with his magnetism power he obviously got his power back he tells logan something bad is coming, logan says he doesn't trust him magneto says I know so I brought a friend all of the airport freezes and professor xavier rolls into the scene talks a little bit /end

I don't know the 3DS feels like it has more and more "console" games than the DS ever did. Zelda Ocarina, Donkey Kong Returns, Luigi's Mansion, Paper Mario etc. I get what you are saying though it fills that need to not own a Nintendo console. I'm not buying a Wii U either.

Oh yeah, to the first I should have said more that I don't want to basically play 360/PS3 games on a tiny screen. Games like Uncharted need the big HD screen and surround sound IMO. Colorful/cartoony stuff like Mario, Animal Crossing etc. doesn't for me. So I'm fine playing those on a small screen.

I don't really play smaller/indie games. I can't even keep up with all the AAA blockbuster releases that interest me (still haven't played Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinite, Killzone 2 or 3 etc. etc.) so I just don't have the time/motivation to delve much into indie games, or even XBLA/PSN stuff that's not indie/self published. So that's not a Vita selling point for me, especially since there's plenty of indie stuff on PSN for PS3 if I wanted to delve into it. Seems like the 3DS has some decent support on that front too.

bread's done
Back