GGT 258 Continues to Celebrate Leda's Birthday with Shots Shots Shots!

How did the movie flop? It made the same as X-Men First Class (not seen as a flop) and it only cost 120 million to make and has made over 140 million worldwide, far from a flop. Sure, it didn't make as much as Origins (at least in America), but you gotta factor in international revenue.

And First Class was awesome.

55 Million is not the $70 Million the studio was predicting and is less than Origins opening.

First Class could've been awesome, but it had Fairy girl, a mis-cast January Jones, and other stupid BS holding it back.

Even movies that eventually make their money back can be flops because the studios share the profit with the theaters. For the studio to make money, they really really really need to make much more than what the film cost.

Last edited by a moderator:
They're twenty million (and counting) over their initial budget. That is not a flop, haha. And estimated openings are sketchy at best and are very rarely met unless it is a huge opening (TDK, Avengers, Iron Man, Harry Potter, etc).

They're twenty million (and counting) over their initial budget. That is not a flop, haha. And estimated openings are sketchy at best and are very rarely met unless it is a huge opening (TDK, Avengers, Iron Man, Harry Potter, etc).

Again, it is a flop because the studio is not getting $20 million dollars back. That is not their profit.

haha.

Also, Lost Planet 3 is coming out this month apparently.

I did not even know they were making an LP3.

whoknows will buy it and support it like he did with Remember Me, I hope, or it will be another Fuse.

Or Remember Me.

Again, it is a flop because the studio is not getting $20 million dollars back. That is not their profit.

haha.
And what makes you say that? If that was the case, then all films would have to pass the 600+ million dollar mark to make a profit. And that just makes little sense. Movie theaters don't get as much as you seem to think they do. They make about 20% of ticket sales, and sometimes even less. Some theaters are on the brink of bankruptcy because of how little they get from studios. Especially on release weekends for big name movies. And projections on The Wolverine were at 65 million and it made 55 million. How is that a flop?

Also, Lost Planet 3 is coming out this month apparently.

I did not even know they were making an LP3.

whoknows will buy it and support it like he did with Remember Me, I hope, or it will be another Fuse.

Or Remember Me.
Not that interested in LP3 since Miku is out the same month!

What is gunm talking about? how is the wolverine a flop? How can you judge a movie being good from a trailer?

I thought whoknows was the only troll in here

Whatever I loved the wolverine I was hoping deadpool made a cameo for no reason just for shits and giggles. When is the deadpool movie? Hope its soon ryan reynolds stock is at an all time low.

If you want to throw the word  flop at a movie throw that shit as lone ranger or MIB 4. The wolverine has made its money back in the first weekend.

What is gunm talking about? how is the wolverine a flop? How can you judge a movie being good from a trailer?

Unfortunately trailers are good at lying now.

Look at Iron Man 3. Great trailer, awful movie.

A Dedpul movie with dat Baraka Dedpul from Xmen Origins? NO THANKKKSSSS JEFF!

Im hype for Manhunter, are u?

Let's not forget about "The Village." The trailer wasn't bad and the movie sucked. 

Then again, we were just getting Shyamalan'd.

How did the movie flop? It made the same as X-Men First Class (not seen as a flop) and it only cost 120 million to make and has made over 140 million worldwide, far from a flop. Sure, it didn't make as much as Origins (at least in America), but you gotta factor in international revenue.

And First Class was awesome.
I agree with this 100%. Wolverine didn't flop. It's a moderate success right now and it's only a little while after release. It'll do much, much better as time goes on. First class was fucking awesome. Either weevles doesn't know anything about the X-Men or he's one of those folks that are so ridiculously die-hard that they'll never, ever like the movies.

I was kind of fine with First Class but I couldn't take Kevin Bacon as Sebastian Shaw seriously. It was still the most enjoyable X-Men movie though, and I liked young Mystique.
Kevin Bacon was my biggest problem with it because I like Sebastian Shaw and he didn't really jive with any of my thoughts of him.

Right? All very confusing. It's good that he's trying to branch out, though.

The only movie I'm excited for this year and its also a comic book movie is kick ass 2. Everything else is red box material

47 Ronin is going to be the best movie this year.

Keanu doesn't star in bad movies.
I rolled my eyes when I saw the trailer for that today it was just last samurai 2. Another japanese movie where the american is the strong one who can defeat everything with his huge cock.

I rolled my eyes when I saw the trailer for that today it was just last samurai 2. Another japanese movie where the american is the strong one who can defeat everything with his huge cock.
Last Samurai didn't have dragons and stuff.

So...you know. You're wrong.

Let's not forget about "The Village." The trailer wasn't bad and the movie sucked.

Then again, we were just getting Shyamalan'd.
That's actually the last of his movies I've seen.

I did't like Signs, and hated The Village and said to myself it would take an 80%+ rotten tomatoes score for me to see any of his films again, and he's never came close to that since.

I love The Sixth Sense though, and Unbreakable was solid too.

Deadpool is $29.99 on Amazon. Come on, $19.99 or less!

My PSN card didn't come in yet. :( In fact, WorstBuy shipped it this morning. :(

I may have to wait for P4 physical card to go on sale instead of digital version...

Wolverine movie trailer looked like ass. Apparently the audience thought that too because the film is flopping big time at the box office.
Why the fuck can't they make a good X-Men movie? All the good stuff is RIGHT THERE IN THE fuckING COMICS. Don't re-write a goddamn thing! Don't add new stupid ass characters or change up the existing ones! First Class was almost aight, because McAvoy and Fassbender, but it was still kind of not good. X-Men would be sooooo easy to be success, but Hollywood can't help fucking it all up.
The x-men comics are all soap opera-y, not necessarily the easiest thing to transform into a movie. Also they have to make a bunch of people look not ridiculous in spandex compared to most most super hero movies 1 or 2 people.

I was kind of fine with First Class but I couldn't take Kevin Bacon as Sebastian Shaw seriously. It was still the most enjoyable X-Men movie though, and I liked young Mystique.
X2 would like a word. Though I could watch a full movie of magneto hunting down nazis.

bread's done
Back