GGT 265 Declares 2DS the winner of Next-Gen!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rayman is the best platformer from the last 10 years.

Just sayin.
played rayman origins, couldn't finish it. it reminds me too much of donkey kong, mario from nintendo. Only difference was the skins, and some additions mechanics added into the gameplay.

i also got a chance to read multiple reviews from gaming review sites on lost planet 3. They were praised for the story in the campaign, yet reviews bashed it for the blandness/repetiveness of the gameplay mechanics. Yet the last of us, has the same type of gameplay mechanics, if not worst. yet it  gets 10/ perfect score. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
played rayman origins, couldn't finish it. it reminds me too much of donkey kong, mario from nintendo. Only difference was the skins, and some additions mechanics added into the gameplay.
The only difference is it's actually fresh/new/fun/charming in addition to be well designed? :p

Which are you going to do?
I'll end up waiting for the PS+ discount on it, buy it for $20, only so I can be salty that it's in the IGC two months later.

Speaking of, did you see that SCEE is now giving away a full month's worth of PS+ IGC updates on the store update in the last week of the previous month? This explains why SCEE PS+ got 6 games free yesterday for their "September IGC update".

Superior as fuck. As always.

Finally, a post from you that doesn't make me wish that I didn't know you.

What does that even mean?
As a bonus (or something? maybe a "sorry for the delays"?), Ubisoft has recreated 40 levels from Rayman Origins in the Rayman Legends graphic style and included them with the game.

--

Great sale on Steam Greenlight titles:
http://store.steampowered.com/sale/greenlightsale

I guess if those were good and not just rehashes of the games that came before them then Rayman would be like them.

Have any of you guys played Rayman Jungle Run on iOS/Android?  It's actually a really fun game with a lot of the charm of Origins/Legends, except with the controls/gameplay designed in a way that actually works very well on a touch-only device.

Have any of you guys played Rayman Jungle Run on iOS/Android? It's actually a really fun game with a lot of the charm of Origins/Legends, except with the controls/gameplay designed in a way that actually works very well on a touch-only device.
Yeah love that game. I'm currently trying to 100% it...which I never do...but I play phone games very very rarely.

damn insomanic mus really needed money, after the failure with fuse. rachent and clank into the nexus is only $30

Have any of you guys played Rayman Jungle Run on iOS/Android? It's actually a really fun game with a lot of the charm of Origins/Legends, except with the controls/gameplay designed in a way that actually works very well on a touch-only device.
I've played a bit on my brothers tablet thing.

I liked it.

I bought Rayman Jungle Run for $1 at one point. It seemed competent, but I don't game on my phone, really.

--

Clarification on the 40 levels for you, indiggydawg:

Ubisoft is on the cusp of titular video game perfection, having announced the inclusion of 40 levels from Rayman Origins to this year's exuberant platforming sequel, Rayman Legends. That's right, the game will have some Legends and a few Origins. Dare they throw in a smattering of ... Revelations?

According to Ubisoft designer and Rayman rein-holder Michel Ancel, the bonus Rayman Origins levels are immediately accessible and optional to the completion of Rayman Legends. The selection of stages, including a few devious Tricky Treasure runs, has been graphically updated to suit the style of Legends.

I forced myself through it. I liked it overall, but the last few levels and a couple of the bosses were way too difficult for my liking.

I just don't have the reflexes/reaction time for platforming that requires a lot of precision and near instant reactions. Too old, and too much beer consumed over the last couple decades. :D

Pretty much only things I play on my phone are Words with Friends, Hanging with Friends and Bejeweled. I have one or two of the Angry Birds games, but seldom play them on my iPhone as I have them (and more) on my iPad and they're easier to play on there. Haven't finished any of them--think I have the original, seasons, Star Wars and Space. SW is the only one I'm very far in. Just keep grabbing them when they go on sale for .99 sents. Other than SW, think I bought that at the full $2.99 or whatever.

I forced myself through it. I liked it overall, but the last few levels and a couple of the bosses were way too difficult for my liking.

I just don't have the reflexes/reaction time for platforming that requires a lot of precision and near instant reactions. Too old, and too much beer consumed over the last couple decades. :D
then you should avoid hatsune miku project diva F. that game requires alot of that.

then you should avoid hatsune miku project diva F. that game requires alot of that.
I pretty much avoid any twitch action games or platformers now. Pretty much just first/third person shooters and WRPGs, and occasionally mix in some simple action games (Batman Arkham games for example), Nintendo franchises and random stuff like Journey, Star Wars Pinball etc. here and there.

Too bad Darksiders didn't have something like that.

Or Dragon's Crown.

Or Defiance.

You have a lot of trouble with games that begin with the letter D.
dragons crown is probably the only gem on that list. Defiance has already tanked, f2p in a year or less. Darksiders IP had to be auctioned off, because of thqs financial problem. Even then, no1 wanted to purchase the IP. It ended up being sold to crytek, best known for crysis series at the last minute closing of the auction.

Too bad Darksiders didn't have something like that.

Or Dragon's Crown.

Or Defiance.

You have a lot of trouble with games that begin with the letter D.
So are you listing games that start with the letter D? If so:

Good games

Dragon's Crown

Darksiders

Bad Games

Defiance

Dragon's Dogma

I played some of it on my computer, works pretty well with a keyboard

So are you listing games that start with the letter D? If so:

Good games

Dragon's Crown

Darksiders

Bad Games

Defiance

Dragon's Dogma
This list is confusing cuz you didn't even like Dragon's Crown and you put Dragon's Dogma as a bad game.

Maybe you got confused cuz they both start with Dragon.

I understand. Living in Florida is hard.

y5ase2e8.jpg

i saw this on the xbox forum, had to share, lol

September's PS+ Games:

PS3

Resident Evil HD Chronicles Collection

Ico

Galaga Legions DX

Vita

GTA: Liberty City Stories

Rayman Origins

I think this is pretty good. I have only two of these, but the rest are games I'd play (never bought or played on any system previously).

Wow. While SCEE redefines value with PS+, SCEA continues to redefine dumpster fire:

Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles HD (great for everyone without a Move! plus it was just on sale!)

ICO (great game, but most people who care have probably already purchased it in one of the many sales or even grabbed the collection on disc when it hit rock bottom prices).

Galaga Legions DX (okay game... been out for ages on 360; nobody cared when it was ported to PSN in the first place.)

GTA:LCS (hooray, another fucking PSP game!)

Rayman Origins Vita (fantastic game, however, it's been on sale for <$7 for about 3 months... plus what the fuck is the point of giving it away in the same month [probably around the same week even] as Rayman Legends release? To increase interest in the franchise and sequel, they should have given it away back in Spring, like SCEE did... fucking idiots).

Gawd you are so grouchy! I was playing Rayman Origins last night (after Spelunky...yes I got off the fence and picked it up--cross-buy!).

Rayman is the best platformer from the last 10 years.

Just sayin.

It's fun fo' sho'.

Yes. If they give it out now, people will immediately rush through Origins so they can buy Legends in all it's glory including the 40 levels imported from Origins!

Or...

They'll wait for it to be free on PS+ in a year and a half.

SEE! I TOLD YOU.

Yes. It's fun. My son is really good at that game.

I pretty much avoid any twitch action games or platformers now. Pretty much just first/third person shooters and WRPGs, and occasionally mix in some simple action games (Batman Arkham games for example), Nintendo franchises and random stuff like Journey, Star Wars Pinball etc. here and there.

I wish I could revel in my casualness as much as you.

This list is confusing cuz you didn't even like Dragon's Crown and you put Dragon's Dogma as a bad game.

Maybe you got confused cuz they both start with Dragon.

I understand. Living in Florida is hard.
I liked the game but Tales > DC.

You wouldn't understand. You don't have to deal with "Dale" all the time. All you get are "tacos" this and "burrito" that.

Gosh.

I want to play a game but I don't know what I should play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back