GGT 304 Can't mention its a mutant until 2035

4497ea3e8de711e3ac8712ae8506c2d1_8.jpg

Finally got school money, so now I'mma buy some new games. Already picked up Lego Star Wars Complete Saga (PS3), Scribblenauts Unmasked (3DS), and Project X Zone (3DS) with this Best Buy sale. I am excited.

Played a bunch of Mario Kart 7 yesterday after finishing Pokemon Y. Finished all 8 circuits in 50cc and the first on 100cc.

Solid game. New tracks are great as good mix of old tracks from past games.

The new trailer for Mario Kart 8 looks great as well.

Finally completed Far Cry 3. The game was about as good as I thought it would be, which isn't a bad thing. The last few story missions were pretty damn fun. I don't see myself going and collecting everything. 100+ collectibles seems annoying. I'm fine with having done all the radio towers and that's it. 

Hey, I actually played and beat a game? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!

I didn't expect anything from FarCry 3 and walked away pretty damned satisfied. I instantly got lost in hunting and skinning shit. Game also handled stealth better than some titles that were made for it.

The hunting was pretty fun! I spent a good hour or two just hunting for upgrades all around the island. I liked the ability to stealth through a lot of the parts. The only time I seriously disliked it was in the
"Doppelganger"
mission. It was fun at first but at times it felt like a lot of trial and error. It was cool having to go back to the whole rock-throwing thing for the mission though.

Also, Vaas was totally freaking awesome. His character was pretty well done IMO.

I liked him too. I actually reference that game a lot when it comes to first person cinematics. They did a ton of shit really, really well.

Errr...did gunnm just get banned?
Yeah. AWD thread. Danced with the devil; didn't go well. Kiiiinda asked for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have both preordered.  I still haven't finished the demo of Bravely Default because fucking Nintendo's 30 times limit.

It's a fucking DEMO.  Why do you limit how many times I can play it?  Do you not know how to make demos NIntendo?  Fuuuuuuuu~

Yeah. AWD thread. Danced with the devil; didn't go well. Kiiiinda asked for it.
That...kinda sucks? I don't remember any bans coming out of the PSN thread and that thread has it's fair share of "PSN+ free games aren't really free" trolls.

Lightning Returns tomorrow. Glad I didn't start bravely default.
Not unless you ordered the CE like me. I powered through Dragon's Dogma and Bioshock Infinite anticipating getting it tomorrow, but it looks like I'll get it on Weds or Thurs. :rofl:

I guess I can power through Borderlands 2 now?

I have both preordered. I still haven't finished the demo of Bravely Default because fucking Nintendo's 30 times limit.

It's a fucking DEMO. Why do you limit how many times I can play it? Do you not know how to make demos NIntendo? Fuuuuuuuu~
I agree, it's silly, but is it really that much of an issue? The demo's not that long and the console has sleep mode.

I like how the actual game rewards you for having the game on in sleeping mode. It's kinda cool. Haven't had much time to get into it but I'll see about doing so this weekend. Tomorrow and Thursday are all about Lightning.

But yeah, the limit does seem a little dumb. Then again, I don't think I've ever gone through half of a demo's limits.

Lightning Returns tomorrow. Glad I didn't start bravely default.
Oh. I was worried you got eaten by a Chocobo yesterday since you never messaged me.

Glad to see you're okay.

I agree, it's silly, but is it really that much of an issue? The demo's not that long and the console has sleep mode.
It kind of is because I jump from game to game a lot and I also do Street Pass. It's a fucking PITA and it's completely unnecessary. It's just another case of Nintendo keeping their assholes too tightly clenched for no good reason and otherwise not knowing what they are doing.

It kind of is because I jump from game to game a lot and I also do Street Pass. It's a fucking PITA and it's completely unnecessary. It's just another case of Nintendo keeping their assholes too tightly clenched for no good reason and otherwise not knowing what they are doing.
Fair enough, I was just curious what your reasoning was.

I like how the actual game rewards you for having the game on in sleeping mode. It's kinda cool. Haven't had much time to get into it but I'll see about doing so this weekend. Tomorrow and Thursday are all about Lightning.

But yeah, the limit does seem a little dumb. Then again, I don't think I've ever gone through half of a demo's limits.
Never been an issue for me either, but I can certainly see how it could be a pain in the ass for people who game differently.

Haven't played much Bravely Default myself either but from what I played it's a really fun game, probably one of the few recent RPGs that is actually keeping me more interested though at least :D

The hunting was pretty fun! I spent a good hour or two just hunting for upgrades all around the island. I liked the ability to stealth through a lot of the parts. The only time I seriously disliked it was in the
"Doppelganger"
mission. It was fun at first but at times it felt like a lot of trial and error. It was cool having to go back to the whole rock-throwing thing for the mission though.
Was that the mission with the bridge? My game glitched and I flew under the water and was underneath the world and I just walked forward until I was at the endpoint and came up and we basically at the end, so yeah, don't know how bad the stealth part actually was haha

Glad I didn't wait for the Vita slim since it's apparently just coming in a $200 bundle with borderlands 2 and an 8GB men card. No interest in playing BL2 again and an 8GB card is too small.

Thought maybe it would launch alone and with a price drop due to the cheaper screen.

Finally completed Far Cry 3. The game was about as good as I thought it would be, which isn't a bad thing. The last few story missions were pretty damn fun. I don't see myself going and collecting everything. 100+ collectibles seems annoying. I'm fine with having done all the radio towers and that's it.

Hey, I actually played and beat a game? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!
I haven't played FC3 at all, but I feel like Ubisoft is the king of collectible bullshit. All the shit in the Assassin's Creed games are such a turn off.

That Vita bundle is great!  I would've held out for it, if I didn't already have OG Vita.

I will probably get BL2 on Vita, although most games seem to just go free on PS+.

Vita is a such a great system, too bad it was made by Sony and thus destined to fail.  Only Apple and Nintendo get to make successful handheld devices that people use to game on the go.

Glad I didn't wait for the Vita slim since it's apparently just coming in a $200 bundle with borderlands 2 and an 8GB men card. No interest in playing BL2 again and an 8GB card is too small.

Thought maybe it would launch alone and with a price drop due to the cheaper screen.
Yeah, I definitely wouldn't have jumped on that new one either with that bundle, I'm happy with the AC one I got with the better screen

Yeah, I definitely wouldn't have jumped on that new one either with that bundle, I'm happy with the AC one I got with the better screen
Yeah, new one just isn't worth it for essentially the same price with a lesser screen and only an hour more battery life.

I'm hoping my Cowboom original model is in ok condition, I'm hopeful as impressions and a couple unboxing videos from them were all good to go. It should be here Friday. Got P4G today, and think my memory card is at the Post Office.

My OG Vita can stay in standby mode for weeks with minimal battery drain.  My 3DS doesn't last too long in standby thanks to the Street Pass stuff.  

I fucking LOVE the Vita's standby mode. It is so damn good. 

I'm not sure how I'm going to balance Danganronpa, Bravely Default, and Lightning Returns. x____________x

lol okay, kid.
Do you want to play?

Let's play right now.

We should do a podcast or something
We already do.

I'm not sure how I'm going to balance Danganronpa, Bravely Default, and Lightning Returns. x____________x
By playing P4A instead.

Just secretly record skype
Whoa man, I don't tell people about your secret folder. Why are you telling people about my secret recordings?

bread's done
Back