GGT 309 Has a Decision to Make. Toki or Towa? TOKI?! TOWA?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow  how does keiji-sama have the time to keep making amazing games?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Wm8-DsVqHE

Played lumines for the first time last night.  For some reason I though it wasn't an endless puzzler like tetris.  Still seems like a fun puzzle game.

Is Stick of Truth worth 60 bucks? I'm nearly done with LoS2 and I'd like something to play before I lose my life to FFX/X-2 HD. 

I have a hard time dropping 60 on anything anymore, but if I did for this one, I wouldn't even be mad. Thought I saw it for 45 earlier this week, but that might have been for PC--which, if it's an option, I do recommend. It sounds like it's the most stable build. I had a literally bug-free playthrough.

Being a fan of the show helps a ton.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not a super big fan of the show, but I hear you can beat it in like 10-12 hours seems kinda short for an RPG, but that's average length for other genres so it's not terrible if you are a fan (if it's true)

It is pretty short by RPG standards. I clocked in around 15 or 16. The game ended with me wanting more, but I'll take that over the recent trend of driving things into the ground.

Yeah, nothing majorly wrong with a short game, especially if that means they use the whole time for just like story and stuff and don't stuff in a bunch of grinding/long walking areas just to make the game longer, just figured I would put that out there as something to think about when purchasing it for full price or not (+ if you are somebody to replay/max games that might make it longer as well).

For sure. I know I'll be going back in for another playthruogh. I rolled Thief the first time. Have to try the Jew now.

I also used Butters almost exclusively just out of sheer character loyalty. Wouldn't mind switching it up a bit as everyone actually seems pretty good.

7rCSXg4.gif

Finished Guacamelee last night.  I liked it a lot as a whole, though the last couple bosses (and some of the stuff in between them) was a pain in the ass and much harder than the rest of the game.  I played most of it on Vita, but did the last area on PS3.  Cross saves are awesome.

Also finished the new Walking Dead game episode. It was pretty solid.  I'm still not liking season 2 as much as the first thus far though.

Blah, the stupid headset adapter is sold out at my local Best Buy. Anywhere else stocking them that you guys know of?

Edit: For Xbox One, to use your 360 headsets

Jimbo got dat XBone?

I don't know what to play until DS2 comes out.  Maybe I'll actually play Bravely Default instead of just leveling up my town and Street Passing in Sleep Mode.

Anyone else getting Titanfall?  I have PC on PO.

Jimbo got dat XBone?
Yeah man. I actually bought both (PS4 and XB1) and returned the PS4 since there isn't anything to play yet. Really digging the XB1 though, mainly because of Killer Instinct (huge fighting game dork) and Dead Rising 3 (love the series).

I have probably about 1200-1300 matches played in it and let me tell you - it's freakin great. Definitely pick it up whenever you pick up an XB1. Best launch title I ever played (IMO as a fighting game fan, of course)

No seriously, what's your opinion on this?

I ask because you HATE tattoos but if you were to ever get a tattoo I think it would probably be this.

https://twitter.com/MelonieMac/status/441839861360644096/photo/1

no I'm not an asshole with a look at me personality

damn debating if I should pick up dark souls next week I'm gonna be studying my dick off but dat steelcase doe

I'm not a super big fan of the show, but I hear you can beat it in like 10-12 hours seems kinda short for an RPG, but that's average length for other genres so it's not terrible if you are a fan (if it's true)
See for me that's actually a positive thing. I don't have 40 hours to burn on an RPG padded with filler. It's the one thing stopping me from getting Persona 4.

Yeah man. I actually bought both (PS4 and XB1) and returned the PS4 since there isn't anything to play yet. Really digging the XB1 though, mainly because of Killer Instinct (huge fighting game dork) and Dead Rising 3 (love the series).
I have heard literally zero things about DR3. Maybe it got lost in the launch hype. Still weird that I've heard more about fucking RYSE than Dead Rising.

I guess Jimbo likes it, but what I played of DR3 off my co-worker's console was not that great.  The character models are bad and 360-level of quality and the load times are kind of annoying.  There are some good RAHR! scares at first, but then it gets old pretty fast.

Blah, the stupid headset adapter is sold out at my local Best Buy. Anywhere else stocking them that you guys know of?

Edit: For Xbox One, to use your 360 headsets
I saw that this thing was selling like crazy, unfortunately I use a wireless headset for my 360 and an adapter won't help me, really hope there's a 1 ear wireless one for the One eventually :/. No idea where else to look though sorry, just sad I can't use my mic lol

Wait, tittanfall is gonna be on 360? I really thought it would be pc/bone exclusive. boarding hype express
From what it looks like the 360 version isn't going to sell as much though, or be as good (obviously)

I kinda suck at Killer Instinct but it is fun haha, I love Dead Rising 3 though, played some more of it yesterday in co-op and it's just a blast to hop on and run around with all the zombies, definitely a game for me. But I'm also very happy with my Xbox One purchase, and with PvZ and Titanfall I know I'll be set for a while (since I am bigger on the shooters).

I have probably about 1200-1300 matches played in it and let me tell you - it's freakin great. Definitely pick it up whenever you pick up an XB1. Best launch title I ever played (IMO as a fighting game fan, of course)
Haha dang, I saw you have almost like all the achievements and thought that was pretty crazy! I actually like quite a bit of the launch games on the One, which is great.

See for me that's actually a positive thing. I don't have 40 hours to burn on an RPG padded with filler. It's the one thing stopping me from getting Persona 4.

I have heard literally zero things about DR3. Maybe it got lost in the launch hype. Still weird that I've heard more about fucking RYSE than Dead Rising.
That's good then, a shorter RPG would probably be great for you then!

Dead Rising 3 in coop is a blast, so many fun weapons and the outfit combos are pretty funny as well.....there are a HUGE amount of zombies on the screen at a time as well which makes it intense. I beat Ryse as well, so there's that haha, it was worth a playthrough of the single player at least (it was pretty short), but I love the Roman setting.

Beat The Stick of Truth. Enjoyed the hell out of it.
I know I'm late and I should have thought of this sooner, but...

Did you beat it to completion?

No seriously, what's your opinion on this?

I ask because you HATE tattoos but if you were to ever get a tattoo I think it would probably be this.
Oh, I thought the thing he hated in your previous post was Leda.

EDIT: Nevermind. Didn't dig deep enough.

Guys, I've have this friend named Jay. He lives in the midwest and he's white and he won't stop recording himself eating snacks in large empty rooms in complete silence and putting them up on youtube.

I'm hella concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back