GGT 311 Was Downgraded Without Explanation

The disc goes in the console, don't be silly.
Probably should have just shoved it in my asshole. What in the ever loving fuck was that intro? It's like they took the most common criticism of their games and made it their story. Unbelievable. I played Demon's and DkS1 for somewhere around 500 hours, I'm not bothering with this shit when there's no incentive to explore the world. Off to eBay it goes. Thank fuck I didn't spend $60 on this. I'd be pissed.

Probably should have just shoved it in my asshole. What in the ever loving fuck was that intro? It's like they took the most common criticism of their games and made it their story. Unbelievable. I played Demon's and DkS1 for somewhere around 500 hours, I'm not bothering with this shit when there's no incentive to explore the world. Off to eBay it goes. Thank fuck I didn't spend $60 on this. I'd be pissed.
Huh, I played like 2 hours of it and didn't think it was that bad haha, I had fun with it.

There's like 4-5 guys on my friends list who already beat it and are still playing it as well, what do you mean by making the criticism into the story? I guess it helps that I really don't care at all about the story in this series.

Huh, I played like 2 hours of it and didn't think it was that bad haha, I had fun with it.

There's like 4-5 guys on my friends list who already beat it and are still playing it as well, what do you mean by making the criticism into the story? I guess it helps that I really don't care at all about the story in this series.
The most common criticism of the Souls games has been that it's too hard, that you die too often. That's literally all the intro story said. 'You die and go insane huehuehue'.

I'm too old for this shit. Not going to play the same game for the third time without some sort of incentive to explore the world.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait...Warner Brothers is bringing Gaunlet back?!?!?!?! Why wasn't this brought up, oh man I can't wait for that. I love the Gaunlet games.

The most common criticism of the Souls games has been that it's too hard, that you die too often. That's literally all the intro story said. 'You die and go insane huehuehue'.

I'm too old for this shit. Not going to play the same game for the third time without some sort of incentive to explore the world.
Gotcha, yeah they mention that again right after you make your character as well, they say like "You will lose your souls a lot, a REAL lot"

I have no interest in trying to learn the story about the other 2 since they don't make it super clear so that might be why it doesn't bother me, I don't play these for the story, I usually just do it to explore the areas and get better loot.

He meant trash.

The disc goes in the trash.
You mean it came OUT of the trash.

I swear they must've melted down all those landfill copies of ET to make the plastic for the pressing of the discs for the first run...

Wait...Warner Brothers is bringing Gaunlet back?!?!?!?! Why wasn't this brought up, oh man I can't wait for that. I love the Gaunlet games.

Gotcha, yeah they mention that again right after you make your character as well, they say like "You will lose your souls a lot, a REAL lot"

I have no interest in trying to learn the story about the other 2 since they don't make it super clear so that might be why it doesn't bother me, I don't play these for the story, I usually just do it to explore the areas and get better loot.
The trailer looked good to me. I'm going to be upset if there's no "Yellow wizard needs food badly." in it. :lol:
Pick it up for Steam and we can play together, as I'll probably grab it when it comes out if the price isn't ridiculous and the media/previews look solid.

because it look like ios/android rip off version of diablo 3

koolstory

Anyways, I beat Saint's Row and am about halfway through the Dominatrix dlc. The whole commentary aspect of that is pretty entertaining. As for the game itself; it was good. While I think SR3 is better structured, the powers and stuff really make you feel like a badass at times and it's much more fun overall.

Gauntlet is being made by the Magicka guys, so that's pretty cool. Their other game, Helldivers, seems neat too.

The trailer looked good to me. I'm going to be upset if there's no "Yellow wizard needs food badly." in it. :lol:

Pick it up for Steam and we can play together, as I'll probably grab it when it comes out if the price isn't ridiculous and the media/previews look solid.
Yeah, they even had that little thing with the need food badly at the end so I hope it's in the game as well. I enjoy playing the classic ones on the collection discs I had and used to play a lot of Legends at the arcade and on my Dreamcast and my 64, and then Dark Legacy as well. Then there was Seven Sorrows but that was....yeah :/

I definitely wouldn't mind picking it up for some co-op depending on price and such as well!

because it look like ios/android rip off version of diablo 3
Uhhhhhh, Gauntlet was way before Diablo though

I finished Ground Zeroes at 94 mins with a B rank. Doin the side ops now, shit is soo good, so hype for Phantom Pain

I finished up Beyond Two Souls yesterday. I really enjoyed it and did the last chapter twice to do both the life and beyond choices to at least see the two major variations on the ending. I'm not sure why it got such worse reviews than Heavy Rain as I thought it was better in every regard. Though I certainly get the people that hated both as these interactive movie type games aren't for everyone.

I started up Infamous 2 this morning. Glad I decided to skip the first as reading the plot on Wikipedia and the intro to this game were plenty to get caught up on story and not be too burnt out in the series to play Second Son on the near future. I'm very early in the game, but liking it a lot so far.

I can't find my Curry God copy. :( I looked everywhere. I think I might have dropped it at a con in January. That is the last time I remember having it, at least. 

Well, FFX today at least....

Got my groceries! Time to order a pizza!
Hahaha, that's basically true yeah. I just love this pizza so much that I can't help myself!

I did decide to regenerate/prestige in Titanfall after a awhile once I got all the unlocks and the cheevo for it, but I think I was at around 22-24 hours before I even did that, I'm rank 31 (I think) now on Gen 2, but I see a fair amount of people already on Gen 3-5 and such. I probably would be up there if I didn't go for the unlocks but I don't really care about that rank I just do it since it's there and I know I'm going to keep playing and I like seeing stuff unlock (even if it's stuff I unlocked before already!).

Did you end up getting Yoshi btw? (Or Lux) Curious as to what you think about it if you did.

Nah, I ended up getting pretty sick on Friday. Been working from home since. Depending on how much I get done/how I'm feeling, I might go grab that and MGS. Gonna play it by ear.

Lemme know what you think of it if you get to it.

WOW. Okay, so I just spent an hour and a half picking up and cleaning shit in hopes that I can find the game.

The game was in my wallet.

Okay, the end. Happy endings for everyone.

I wish I could order pizza but I don't really like eating out anymore (though I won't be able to avoid it this entire weekend). 

@Mo: Naw, I didn't. After seeing the reviews, I stopped thinking about the game. I wasn't /that/ excited for the game, but if the game had gotten great reviews I would have picked it up Day 1.

Nah, I ended up getting pretty sick on Friday. Been working from home since. Depending on how much I get done/how I'm feeling, I might go grab that and MGS. Gonna play it by ear.

Lemme know what you think of it if you get to it.
Gotcha, I don't think I'll put as much time into it as the other games but I can leave some impressions if I do. Planning on knocking MGS out first probably just due to the length of it.

WOW. Okay, so I just spent an hour and a half picking up and cleaning shit in hopes that I can find the game.

@Mo: Naw, I didn't. After seeing the reviews, I stopped thinking about the game. I wasn't /that/ excited for the game, but if the game had gotten great reviews I would have picked it up Day 1.
Yay! Not losing game!

Ah, yeah I was one of those kids who played more Yoshis Island then the other Mario games on the SNES so I absolutely loved that game, whether that means this one potentially being bad will make it that much worse for me or passable has yet to be seen though haha

Yay! Not losing game!

Ah, yeah I was one of those kids who played more Yoshis Island then the other Mario games on the SNES so I absolutely loved that game, whether that means this one potentially being bad will make it that much worse for me or passable has yet to be seen though haha

I'd be lying if I said Yoshi's sounds alone aren't usually enough to get me to buy a game. I'm a sucker for cute little dragon things, apparently. I even got all kiddie and shit all over again when Charmander popped up on Pokemon.

walmart is accepting trade ins for video games now too. so if you love shopping at walmart, and are down on luck without money. that is an alternative to survive

I liked the original games, don't get me wrong. Heck, I thought the DS one was pretty fun and the GBA one as well! But the art style was kinda off with this one and combine that with pretty much everyone hating the soundtrack for it and BAM! A game that doesn't bother to be good. 

I'd be lying if I said Yoshi's sounds alone aren't usually enough to get me to buy a game. I'm a sucker for cute little dragon things, apparently. I even got all kiddie and shit all over again when Charmander popped up on Pokemon.
Haha nice, I did that when I saw Bulbasaur, I'm having a way better time watching Pokemon then I probably should. YOOOOSSHHHIIIII!

so if you love shopping at walmart
lol

I kinda want to pick up the PS3 version of FFX but I know I won't ever get to it.

Turning on a console is such a hassle nowadays. 3DS/Vita/PC FTW. 

Edit: Oh, Crunchyroll is out on the Vita today. As much as I love watching anime on my phone, it should be amazing on the Vita. 

Haha nice, I did that when I saw Bulbasaur, I'm having a way better time watching Pokemon then I probably should. YOOOOSSHHHIIIII!

lol
Yeah man, I'm enjoying the show a lot. Aged way better than I expected it to.

I kinda want to pick up the PS3 version of FFX but I know I won't ever get to it.

I feel you, man. Shit's weak.

YES! Today was also the day where I got some of these!

EiffelBonBons_F.jpg

Yeah man, I'm enjoying the show a lot. Aged way better than I expected it to.

I feel you, man. Shit's weak.
I got the PS3 version, that nice packaging gonna go sit next to my KH set, I'm the opposite where I rarely get to my handhelds and I know I'll play it more if I can have it up on the big screen. So many 3DS/Vita games I have barely touched because of that :(

I haven't really had the time or energy this week to play anything.  I played some Mii Plaza stuff, but we've been trying to finish up Breaking Bad season 5 on Netflix.

bread's done
Back