GGT 312 Is Only 100 Posts Long, But Has 400 Posts Worth of Reread Value

Status
Not open for further replies.
No ways, Netflix has Breaking Bad, House of Cards, Orange is the New Black, and Star Wars Clone Wars Lost Missions.  It's good stuff.

I rec'd another copy of Animal Crossing New Leaf (for me to play since I gave my copy to my daughter to play on her 2DS).

Also rec'd FFX HD Remaster and have Second Son and Reaper of Souls on the way.  I love being up to my ears in games.

Plus RefleX is out on Steam today.  Looks cool, so I might get that as well.

ibxbuhJjvpjUVQ.gif

the  trailer for TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES  is out, the turtles looks like aliens with cgi graphics they are using .LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQR7D4sW1Lc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qw5aLSLAosU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1KlmryyyRk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKqG2EVzUrg

Wow....7 new posts and Snakeys was my favorite....kinda scary.....

Also, my contribution...I'm sick, it sucks.....threw up like 5 times rapid fire....the worst :'(

the trailer for TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES is out, the turtles looks like aliens with cgi graphics they are using .LOL

Yeah it's pretty bad

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys,

I like Call of Duty but I don't want to play it because I want to hate it like everyone else.

#firstworldgafproblems

Wow....7 new posts and Snakeys was my favorite....kinda scary.....

Also, my contribution...I'm sick, it sucks.....threw up like 5 times rapid fire....the worst :'(

Yeah it's pretty bad
well, it isn't all bad. atleast megan fox is in the movie, so there is something to look forward to, or at.

But I've played a fair amount of different CoD games, and while Titanfall does have similarities, it's also pretty different. Like....it has good spawns and none of the stupid killstreak (the thing I hate the most) stuff!
*Insert Xbone joke here*

it has its own twists on the formula, but any preference is basically over whether you prefer CoD with killstreaks or CoD with a clusterfuck of mechs and missile spam.

it has the CoD rank system copy-pasted, an almost identical graphics engine, half its weapons are worthless, there's 1-2 passable game types out of all the ones offered, zero competitive matchmaking, single player is an audio log, Titans are basically glorified gun turrets, scatterbrained grunts give more exp reward than player kills, the pilot cloak ability makes you more visible than not, "high level" play is a shotty fest with dead man's trigger satchel charge spamming, and there's already $25 of upcoming DLC lined up before the next annual release.

"believe the hype!" - IGN

it has its own twists on the formula, but any preference is basically over whether you prefer CoD with killstreaks or CoD with a clusterfuck of mechs and missile spam.

it has the CoD rank system copy-pasted, an almost identical graphics engine, half its weapons are worthless, there's 1-2 passable game types out of all the ones offered, zero competitive matchmaking, single player is an audio log, Titans are basically glorified gun turrets, scatterbrained grunts give more exp reward than player kills, the pilot cloak ability makes you more visible than not, "high level" play is a shotty fest with dead man's trigger satchel charge spamming, and there's already $25 of upcoming DLC lined up before the next annual release.
Alright, lets see how I respond to this haha.

The generation (prestige) system in Titanfall is neat since it has challenges that you have to do in order to be able to do it, not sure if new CoD games have this but the old ones didn't. I like all of the modes, I like all of the weapons (I had to use them all to get the achievement and once you use them for a while you can get used to them), not big on the snipers though but i don't like sniping in any game. Zero competitive matchmaking? I feel it's pretty competitive....I can agree about the single player but I don't care about that haha. Titans serve their purpose well and play similarly to the pilots enough that I'm okay with how they did it.

I can come in first by killing just pilots in Attrition even when somebody killed like 30 grunts, but Pilot Hunter is there for people who don't like the AI stuff, it remind me of Star Wars Battlefront so I am fine with it as well. Pilot cloak is similar to the cloak in Halo, which makes it not cheap but serve it's purpose (I mainly use Stim). I don't look into high level play so don't know much about that, but I mainly use the SMGs/LMG and the Arc grenades. Season passes are basically any FPS game nowadays, and I know I'm going to buy the DLC so if there's a way I can save a few bucks right away I am all for it.

I've already put a lot of time into this game and easily got my moneys worth, and I'll still be playing it for quite some time as well. I'm someone who can put hundreds of hours into a multiplayer shooter so for me this game is great. I never get nearly as frustrated as when I play CoD online so I just feel that they made a lot of the fundamental stuff a lot better then it is in CoD, which really makes a big difference to me. (For CoD, I like World at War and Gun Game in Black Ops....I hit max level once In MW2 since my friends always played it but didn't really enjoy it).

game needs a competitive mode, dude, otherwise it's just a titan dropping circus. i can see it being cool if there was an incentive for some sort of communication (instead of 6 titans on the map doing absolutely nothing), but right now it's a just a Challenge hunter. which is decent fun until you max rank like in every CoD game. 

game needs a competitive mode, dude, otherwise it's just a titan dropping circus. i can see it being cool if there was an incentive for some sort of communication (instead of 6 titans on the map doing absolutely nothing), but right now it's a just a Challenge hunter. which is decent fun until you max rank like in every CoD game.
but it fun doe

I just don't get what you mean by competitive, like the Hardcore/MLG stuff in CoD/Halo? Those modes always have less players in them anyways. I mean, if you have those modes that have no Titans that I've seen people talk about, that just kinda ruins the point of the game, if you want to play Titanfall without Titans, why would you want to play the game then if there are other games already like that, don't make every shooter the same without these little differences (not saying that's you, but it's just something that I've seen people say to make the game competitive). Not every game needs to have the same type of modes like that, there will be different games that appeal to different people.

I mean, I don't even go for the challenges (outside of the ones you need to regen), and I'm at like Gen 3 Level 21 now I think? Already put close to 40 hours into it, so I still got a while to go in that sense.

I'm not trying to derail what your saying, obviously we have different opinions and I respect that, just putting it out there how I see the game.

I agree mostly with Mociwe about Titanfall. It's good fun. You mention not much to do after getting past max rank, but that will surely take 100+ hours, yeah? How much more could you ask for?

The game is not perfect, there are a lot of little things that I think could be improved (slightly nerf the carbine and shotgun, change CTF so the flag carrier can't pilot his Titan etc...) but it is extremely fun. I am Gen 3 around level 30 or so and have fun each and every time I boot the game up. This is the most hooked I've been in a game since probably Marvel vs Capcom 3 (I did play about 1700 matches of Killer Instinct so far, not sure how many hours though).

Game's good.

---------

Unrelated, I finally caved and bought the Smartwatch SW2 after eyeing it up for awhile. Anyone else in here have one by any chance? Any cool apps or anything I should keep my eye out for?

I agree mostly with Mociwe about Titanfall. It's good fun. You mention not much to do after getting past max rank, but that will surely take 100+ hours, yeah? How much more could you ask for?

The game is not perfect, there are a lot of little things that I think could be improved (slightly nerf the carbine and shotgun, change CTF so the flag carrier can't pilot his Titan etc...) but it is extremely fun. I am Gen 3 around level 30 or so and have fun each and every time I boot the game up. This is the most hooked I've been in a game since probably Marvel vs Capcom 3 (I did play about 1700 matches of Killer Instinct so far, not sure how many hours though).

Game's good.
Yep, game is fun to me and that's really all that matters to me I suppose. I wouldn't argue against a carbine and shotgun nerf though, you see a real lot of carbine users currently.

Yeah, Fulgore looks pretty good!

Fulgore is cool.  Will wait until XBO is $200 doe.

Titanfall without Titans???  What the-?  So Panzer just wants to play Fall?

From my brief time with the demo, the titans themselves were far-and-away the worst part of the game. I mostly just used them as orbital strikes to try and one-shot dudes with my giant falling robot.

From my brief time with the demo, the titans themselves were far-and-away the worst part of the game. I mostly just used them as orbital strikes to try and one-shot dudes with my giant falling robot.
They didn't have the Railgun in the demo! Love the Railgun haha, most of the Titan guns are pretty fun to use though

My first match, my Titan was in critical mode and I was able eject and land on the opposing player's Titan and I tore his shit up lol.  Unfortunately for me, he knew what he was doing and jumped out too before his Titan exploded.

I didn't just play Dota for 3 hours, stop judging me.

Windranger is not already my favorite character.

So Diablo 3 is actually pretty fun. I hated the game at release. I got to level 53 and quit. However, the changes Blizzard has made actually make the game feel really solid. 

I still hate dishing out $60 for the game at release. At least Reaper of Souls, although one Act, is pretty enoyable. Still have to try the new class out, though. 

I'll play it just for all doze cool character skins.  Does every character have unique VA or is it all recycled audio?

Although, I do wonder how much HDD space all that shit requires.

holy shit at 1:02 that's gunnm aka battle angel alita.

That's pretty fucking cool

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back