GGT 322 wins E3 2014

Someone in the Steam thread was kind enough to give me this.

rosalina_and___rosalina_kiss_1_by_dynasticjeff-d6kw4av.jpg

I'm sad momoa turned down being drax but I understand why he did it. He said he was tired of being casted as a brooding mute shirtless guy. So props to him

Momoa could be dope.

Rosalina is the best there is.

A female Link would be interesting.

Having non-white versions of super-heroes is fine.

Come at me, Mo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Momoa could be dope.

Rosalina is the best there is.

A female Link would be interesting.

Having non-white versions of super-heroes is fine.

Come at me, Mo.
Mo is preparing his argument. I was telling mo that it would interesting for them to change stuff up, but link the character is male if they changed genders he would technically not be link since that chracter, they could name her somethi gg different I think if they gave you a choice it would be cool since link is supposed to be you in a sense

I don't buy the "character is supposed to be you" argument for many reasons but the most relevant one to this is that girls play games too, so you know.

I was saying to Mo last night that Link is a different character each time. It's not the same Link so it wouldn't be some randomly breaking thing to just have a female Link. He then said something about Link being the timeless warrior or something so I stopped paying attention. Hell, none of the Link's were even connected until they decided to piece together some faulty ass timeline to do so.

We did get a female Marth, in a sense.

I don't buy the "character is supposed to be you" argument for many reasons but the most relevant one to this is that girls play games too, so you know.

I was saying to Mo last night that Link is a different character each time. It's not the same Link so it wouldn't be some randomly breaking thing to just have a female Link. He then said something about Link being the timeless warrior or something so I stopped paying attention. Hell, none of the Link's were even connected until they decided to piece together some faulty ass timeline to do so.

We did get a female Marth, in a sense.
True they could definitely do it I would still play, I'm not against it at all I like when they mix things up. He also has been called more than the timeless warrior, hero of wind for example, but I guess he travels through time a lot. I always name link after me but he is link in the story. He doesn't talk and he never gets with zelda (since we know how Nintendo handles gay relationships I.e tomodachi life) so link could be any gender.

Also I thought about the super hero thing and they never said they were the same characters you see in the comics,

Comic book characters have been written by so many different people over the years that it's hard to say that one character is ever the exact same. It doesn't matter if they say that these characters aren't the same as the comic book versions, it's still those characters just being written with different interpretations as they've always been.

Batman has obviously been written differently across his arcs in the comic books and as different versions of himself in different worlds dozens of times but he's still Batman in each of them and I wouldn't care if that Batman was White or Filipino or a girl as long as he was portrayed well.

The same goes for Link, a character with essentially zero personalty.

Comic book characters have been written by so many different people over the years that it's hard to say that one character is ever the exact same. It doesn't matter if they say that these characters aren't the same as the comic book versions, it's still those characters just being written with different interpretations as they've always been.

Batman has obviously been written differently across his arcs in the comic books and as different versions of himself in different worlds dozens of times but he's still Batman in each of them and I wouldn't care if that Batman was White or Filipino or a girl as long as he was portrayed well.

The same goes for Link, a character with essentially zero personalty.
I agree completly with you, if they came out and said "this is the comic book version or this is the same chracter you saw in this specific comic" it would be different. mo just doesnt like change?

Mo said that he doesn't like it when they mess with the classics.

I argue that anyone who writes anything about a character other than the original writer/writers is messing with that work as they will almost always have slightly different interpretations of that character or that character's ideals and beliefs. Which is what they do with Zelda and these comic book characters all the time so...

Sure, you can argue that they don't do that with Link because he doesn't talk or have a personality really besides the one displayed by his actions, but he doesn't talk or have a personality so why care.

Mo said that he doesn't like it when they mess with the classics.

I argue that anyone who writes anything about a character other than the original writer/writers is messing with that work as they will almost always have slightly different interpretations of that character or that character's ideals and beliefs. Which is what they do with Zelda and these comic book characters all the time so...

Sure, you can argue that they don't do that with Link because he doesn't talk or have a personality really besides the one displayed by his actions, but he doesn't talk or have a personality so why care.
The legend of zelda series has always been altered and changed, look at link from ocarina compared to wind waker. They change design and gameplay mechanics all the time. Look from when it started tell the recent e3 trailer for example. Mo loves ganondorf and look how he has changed since the original till now. We cant be stuck in the past there will always be an original one, but if they didn't change people would complain more.

Gender doesn't make a hero/villain the characters traits do. The game is called "the legend of zelda" as well so the hero could be anyone?

Is Indig having a breakdown or somethin?  You know how u said there's no female characters to play as? Well, u got Laura Bailey

2156-.jpg

Dat nose doe

And I didn't think the conversation could get any dumber then the godzilla jokes.

bread's done
Back