GGT 352 Is an Ultra Despair Girl named Mad Max - 'A Hideo Kojima Thread'

I'm actually in a place where I like all of the buddies. I thought for a while that D-Dog might be the only one worth using, but Quiet is right there with him. Some of her later skills are amazing.

D-Walker is easy to overlook, especially without any enemy tagging utility like the others provide. I'm excited about eventually building his surveillance head, but I feel like he keeps me honest. Quiet and DD started making me a bit lazy when it came to spotting dudes. Also, you get to fucking skate around on him and he gets a god damned machete. That sells itself.

I heard about the machete thing in this week's Giantbombcast and now I'm definitely using D-Walker next time I play. Super stoked to give that shit a try!

Just got back from Amiibo day. Got Ganondorf and Olimar. They also had a Mario Maker contest where people played a couple of set levels and whoever had the best time won a copy of the game and the Mario Construction hat. I got 2nd place by a couple of seconds, so I just got $5 off my purchase. Not great, but at least I got something! :D

I called into TRU after realizing that I wanted Bowser Jr. and asked about him. They said they got 10 in and were sold out immediately. Pretty shitty since that's the only TRU around.

Oh well my amiibo story isnt very eventful, ordered them all this morning when they went live at a couple stores. Overslept and got to toys r us like 10 minutes after they opened. They had all of them available and I just grabbed a bowser JR. Hope my others will be shipped fine.

Thats cool about the mario contest, my toys r us had a bunch of bowser JR. Its odd your toys r us got such few, early reports were saying that stores would be getting near 100 Bowser JR .But it was only one of each. Also just saw your post. Hopefully they put him online so you can get one.

This was like the easiest amiibo wave so far. Nintendo learning or retail stores demanding more?

Does anyone else think about Emilio Estevez when they say amiibo?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh well my amiibo story isnt very eventful, ordered them all this morning when they went live at a couple stores. Overslept and got to toys r us like 10 minutes after they opened. They had all of them available and I just grabbed a bowser JR. Hope my others will be shipped fine.

Thats cool about the mario contest, my toys r us had a bunch of bowser JR. Its odd your toys r us got such few, early reports were saying that stores would be getting near 100 Bowser JR .But it was only one of each. Also just saw your post. Hopefully they put him online so you can get one.

This was like the easiest amiibo wave so far. Nintendo learning or retail stores demanding more?

Does anyone else think about Emilio Estevez when they say amiibo?
That's good that you got everyone that you wanted, mang! Still think you should've given that hottie your numbah.

This actually was kind of a bad wave here. Everyone in town was sold out within a half hour of release. I don't really mind because I got mine (except Bowser Jr.), but that's still crazy. The reseller market here is nuts.

You guys have any thoughts on the possibility of that huge MGSV update that people have been talking about happening today? I was not believing it this morning, but I went back and read over the evidence just now and I want it to be real so bad.

That's good that you got everyone that you wanted, mang! Still think you should've given that hottie your numbah.

This actually was kind of a bad wave here. Everyone in town was sold out within a half hour of release. I don't really mind because I got mine (except Bowser Jr.), but that's still crazy. The reseller market here is nuts.
Amiibo arent as crazy around me. My mom was at best buy and said that they had all of them still avaliable. Cant cancel my orders now though and buy there with Games club, oh well. I just thought she was being nice, i should have taken the shot the worst she could have done was say no.

I have zero game compared to you guys.

What's that all about? First I'm hearing of it.
Basically a website popped up a while ago and there's a ton of vague tweets from Kojima, Konami, and a few other services alluding to the site being related to MGSV and being what turns MGSV into MGS5 (Kojima said there was a difference). Apparently the end of MGSV is somehow connected to 9/11, too. Here's the link to the reddit thread about it https://www.reddit.com/r/metalgearsolid/comments/3kbjuq/spoilerish_somethings_coming_on_911/

Amiibo arent as crazy around me. My mom was at best buy and said that they had all of them still avaliable. Cant cancel my orders now though and buy there with Games club, oh well. I just thought she was being nice, i should have taken the shot the worst she could have done was say no.

I have zero game compared to you guys.
Man, it sounds like you live in the best place. And I'm sure you got game! Just probably not as much as Josh. He apparently swept his lady off her feet with his penis.

Speaking of Crotches, now that Crotch is back, when can we play BSG?

Basically a website popped up a while ago and there's a ton of vague tweets from Kojima, Konami, and a few other services alluding to the site being related to MGSV and being what turns MGSV into MGS5 (Kojima said there was a difference). Apparently the end of MGSV is somehow connected to 9/11, too. Here's the link to the reddit thread about it https://www.reddit.com/r/metalgearsolid/comments/3kbjuq/spoilerish_somethings_coming_on_911/
Interesting. I'm gonna avoid reading too much just in case.

It would make me so happy if MGSV isn't MGS5.

I called in my copter, ran up to truck, skulls popped out, I fultoned the truck, jumped on copter blaring Hello Kitty You're So Pretty Kawaii.

Ez game.

Quiet is literally setting the game on easy mode. Even more so than DDog. who was already kind of ridiculous. The other buddies might as well not exist by the time you get either one.

What would the V stand for than?
Venom Snake.

I called in my copter, ran up to truck, skulls popped out, I fultoned the truck, jumped on copter blaring Hello Kitty You're So Pretty Kawaii.

Ez game.

Quiet is literally setting the game on easy mode. Even more so than DDog. who was already kind of ridiculous. The other buddies might as well not exist by the time you get either one.
You're so pro level, Indig-dawg.

i dont collect amiibo because I already have Wii Fit Trainer and she's the best Nintendo character ever.

Y'know, I just wished Josh a happy birthday on Facebook (as you all should) and I found his Mom's facebook and realized something I hadn't realized before which is that his Mom basically looks like my girlfriend.

Now I remember why I talked about Josh's hot mom so much.

Amiibo are dumb.

lsof38V.jpg

I bought a digital copy of MGSV for the Xbone (forgetting that I entered a contest for it) and then I woke up to find out I won the contest. Now I have two copies!

Somebody called and asked if I wanted to volunteer for the Hillary Clinton campaign, should have told them yes if I get to hang with Bill.

I'd just trade it in somewhere. I don't see any real need for it personally. I'm sure Mo would have a counter argument.
Yeah, I use mine daily, I've easily gotten my moneys worth out of it. Mainly voice commands and navigation with snapping and starting/going to apps and turning the system on/off, but I have a few Kinect games as well that are pretty enjoyable, overall I'm happy I have one and wouldn't want to not have it at this point.

I plan on grabbing Mario Maker in a month or two after the amount of user maps is nice and huge. I suuuuck at level creation, so I'll just be playing everyone's shit like I did in LBP.
This is pretty much my plan as well, wait for a bunch of good content and jump in :p

In line for Amiibo now. I'm 6th in line so I get Ganondorf and either ZSS or Olimar.
Ganondorf looks so nice :D

I called into TRU after realizing that I wanted Bowser Jr. and asked about him. They said they got 10 in and were sold out immediately. Pretty shitty since that's the only TRU around.
Mine had like 150, pretty crazy you could get him all day.

Danganronpa is the best game to come out on Sept 1st confirmed.

MGSV is the most disappointing game to come out on Sept 1st also confirmed.

bread's done
Back