GGT 352 Is an Ultra Despair Girl named Mad Max - 'A Hideo Kojima Thread'

Ocelot is now some lame cowboy. Even more lame than people who dress like cowboys and drive oversized trucks just because they live in Texas.

Ocelot is now some lame cowboy. Even more lame than people who dress like cowboys and drive oversized trucks just because they live in Texas.
There is someone who lives some what near me with a huge truck with the license plate "Cowboyz". Walk past it often actually. I think they own like 3 trucks. Maybe I should interview the people living there.

This isn't AWD.

Nobody here cares when you put somebody on ignore.

Go make your announcements there if anybody there can still see your post that is.

Untitled.png

I actually disagree with this a lot. I like Ocelot in this just as much as I do in the other games. He's so fun.

I feel weird about this because he was the former CEO of NOA and I worry that his decisions won't be the best. As it is, I worry that they're currently developing Super Mario Galaxy 3 and Pikmin 4 already for the NX.

No, I mean like, actually beat it. There's nothing left. Doesn't feel good.
I know what you mean. I'm sure something else will be released for it, man. <3

You should play MGS3 again.

I played the Forza 6 demo last night and didn't expect it, but oh, how I want that game so much now. It's been a while (NFS Hot Pursuit) since I enjoyed playing a racing game this much.

So, while I haven't actually finished Phantom Pain, I do know a lot of stuff about the ending so I think this is what Kojima intended originally for the game. Heavy Spoilers:
Okay, so MGSV was going to originally be MGS5 (maybe MGSV5), but Kojima's ideas for it were too big (5 separate areas and chapters were cited to be in the game quite a few times by Kojima and Konami at events) with too much story (setting up why Liquid resents Big Boss, Psycho Mantis, and the rest of the MGS1 Foxhound group) and even given the extra time he got to work on the game he still was not even able to complete around half of his original vision (the final chapter/ 6 or so almost completed story missions were cut around 4 months ago along with what he intended to be the ending after he was fired). Once Kojima separated from Konami they locked down budget that was way, way over expectations and that is probably what stopped them from adding what he intended to be the revised ending involving the showdown with Eli, the return to Camp Omega, and the answers.

And by answers I mean the revelation that the Medic/Venom Snake is actually Frank Jaeger/Grey Fox. There are so many weird little nods to Grey Fox throughout Phantom Pain that I kept expecting him to pop up somewhere and after being spoiled by some friends of mine, I'm absolutely sure that this was going to be the original ending. It's not a perfect theory, but the fact that there are datamined audio files out there that have Kiefer Sutherland saying Cyborg Ninja's lines makes it seem pretty damn likely. Sure, it goes against the original MG story, but I'm pretty sure that this was all build up to a remake of the original Metal Gear games which would explain (retcon) how this would have been possible. The fact that the Medic's memories were so easily overwritten with Big Boss' while also being super skilled really makes it seem like Frank too, since he would totally forget who he was while he was Null and he already had the skills to back shit up. Also, it really sticks with what Kojima has already shown in every other game with Grey Fox just being a victim of everyone else's crazy plans. I think as an ending, this would probably be the highest note for the series (under Kojima) to end on as it would have set up everything if it had a boss battle against Big Boss at the end where you ultimately cannot win because in the end Venom/Null is a puppet and everyone else is holding the strings.

That being said, I think that Kojima and crew did a good job with the story I have experienced so far. I think the twist with Venom not being Big Boss still works as a statement on how the player was transformed into Big Boss, but I do think it could have been better. Phantom Pain is good and does still elicit a lot of emotions from me, but it could, of course, always be better. It's not my favorite MGS, but I do like it more than I did MGS4 (or what I remember of it). It has ensured that I'll be going back to replay MGS4 as soon as I'm finished with it. Also, sorry if I'm actually straight up wrong about anything in my theory about the game's intended ending. I still haven't actually finished the game or watched the ending, I just know the twist and that a lot of people were upset about it and this is what I expect was the original intention after piecing things together from tapes and other references in the games (which could totally be red herrings).

So I just realized something about Ground Zeroes.

Ground Zeroes is actually the hypnosis dreams changing your memories to be more like Big Boss. That's why there are so many semi-historic recreations (training you to be more like the sneaky legend) that use the same basis as Camp Omega. I'm betting that after the Venom Snake reveal that Kojima wanted the player to return to find out that it's actually pretty different than what his memories made it out to be. Also, it might be that Hank was right and that Hayter was going to be Big Boss/Solid Snake at the end after the reveal and it was just the Medic's confused memories or hallucinations that made it so that Big Boss' voice was the same as his own. I still think that New Coke tweet of Hayter's in specific is really strange.

Last edited by a moderator:
We arent going to talk about this "pokemon Z" thing. When I read the title I was like Dragonball? Then people are comparing the Zygrade transformations to Dragonball?

It was interesting how some people wrote about the new images reminding them of loki in Norse mythology.

Its not officially announced this is all info with the anime (pokemon xy & z) debuting on Oct. 29th in Japan that was shown in CoroCoro which i think in the past has leaked early info. Still interesting to think about if true. Black and white were the first games to not get a third game combining elements of both something like Pokemon Grey, it instead got sequels. So it would completely make sense.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/9/14/9322697/pokemon-x-y-legendary-zygardes-new-forms-anime

We arent going to talk about this "pokemon Z" thing. When I read the title I was like Dragonball? Then people are comparing the Zygrade transformations to Dragonball?

It was interesting how some people wrote about the new images reminding them of loki in Norse mythology.

Its not officially announced this is all info with the anime (pokemon xy & z) debuting on Oct. 29th in Japan that was shown in CoroCoro which i think in the past has leaked early info. Still interesting to think about if true. Black and white were the first games to not get a third game combining elements of both something like Pokemon Grey, it instead got sequels. So it would completely make sense.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/9/14/9322697/pokemon-x-y-legendary-zygardes-new-forms-anime
I would probably buy a Z if it were true. Otherwise, Pokemon's got to work to win me back after the disappointment of Omega Ruby.

I don't know how you connected that when said characters in gif have light colored skin and I mentioned that they might be at a place that isn't of high social class and thus can't afford screens on their window as an explanation for why they might not have screens on their windows.

Like, I didn't even mention minorities at all. Does a screen-less window make you think of minorities? Does someone mentioning the word "poverty" make you think of minorities?

That's very strange, Beatles93.

lol kingdomhearts2.8

There are now too many Yakuza games. We don't need a 7th mainline entry and we don't need an remake of the first. We have Shenmue.

I don't know how you connected that when said characters in gif have light colored skin and I mentioned that they might be at a place that isn't of high social class and thus can't afford screens on their window as an explanation for why they might not have screens on their windows.

Like, I didn't even mention minorities at all. Does a screen-less window make you think of minorities? Does someone mentioning the word "poverty" make you think of minorities?

That's very strange, Beatles93.
You mention poverty which I wouldnt have that about minorities until you brought on white privilege meaning you are excluding a group. You then use your way of saying someone who is white wouldnt know what that is. So whats left beside the one group be exiled would be the minorities (a way of saying the remaining group). Thats why there is two questions, first questioning the white privilege and second questioning that there is a group you consider in "poverty" that can not jave screens. Also screen less windows remind me of schools, which you think schools would have screen so a kid wouldnt escape or anyone get in.

Kingdom Hearts 2.8 is very interesting, whats more interesting is if it only for ps4 then I will be very sad. Its seems mostly just a dream drop distance uprade. With these other stories attached to makr it a bigger package.

That Resident Evil game looks interesting.

My base got invaded in Phantom Pain last night and as soon as Kaz made the call into me I called in my chopper and before it even got to me the invasion shit was over and I lost guys and Kaz got all bitchy. I have no fucking clue how I was even supposed to get back in time to stop it from happening since I was literally sitting at the LZ the whole time.

I am fucking beyond hyped for Gravity Rush 2.

My base got invaded in Phantom Pain last night and as soon as Kaz made the call into me I called in my chopper and before it even got to me the invasion shit was over and I lost guys and Kaz got all bitchy. I have no fucking clue how I was even supposed to get back in time to stop it from happening since I was literally sitting at the LZ the whole time.
I've just started returning to ACC from the pause menu. As long as you've gotten a recent auto-save, it works fine and saves you GMP from calling Pequod.

I am fucking beyond hyped for Gravity Rush 2.

I've just started returning to ACC from the pause menu. As long as you've gotten a recent auto-save, it works fine and saves you GMP from calling Pequod.
Thanks! I didn't even realize I could do that! Also, did you ever have a Pequod die?

Can't wait for two Miku games next year!

Best year ever!
YES! I can finally play a Miku game!

bread's done
Back