GGT 362 is the Official Kpop Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finished the 8th Love Live episode. The beginning wasn't that good but the ending was amazing. I still don't know if it's just the bluray quality or not, but the animation and graphics are really nice, especially the facial expressions and the little teary eyes are very well done. There's some reflections, light rays, even the water looks good.

I guess the Blonde girl wasn't really that much of a bitch after all, she's starting to grow on me.

I've been noticing that EdJericho visits my profile almost everyday.
7UwJpiu.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Finished episodes 9 and 10 of Love Live. Those were really fun episodes. 

I don't know if it's just that I don't watch a lot of anime, but it seems this one is easy to get into. There's no looming end of the world approaching (sort of). And for a comedy anime, there's no overly annoying humor where jokes are obviously set up and it's not filled to the brim with 4th wall breakage either. And for a slice of life anime, there's actually a main goal to this one, and the characters aren't overly conscious of their purposes, or exist solely for a joke, which is nice for a change.

So it's a simple anime and I like it. It could also be me recovering from an anime drought so this was the first thing I latched on to.

There are a million animes like this one.

I can't wait for you to watch Ep. 11 and have your whole perspective on one character change completely.

I finished episodes 11, 12, and 13 of Love Live, essentially finishing the 1st season. 

I thought the ending was a bit too simple, even though I like how simple the anime is, I thought the ending could've used a twist or two, or maybe not the most perfect ending. It's better than a bad ending, but it would've been better if it wasn't a storybook ending.

Overall I really like Love Live, probably rate it an 8 or 9. It's not that it's an amazing anime, but rather it's just an easy watch and is heartwarming. The humor isn't too extreme and exaggerated, the story isn't so one-sided and predictable that the heroes always triumphs over the villains, and it isn't overly conscious that it's an anime that it'll twist everything just to make it seem new. It's a nice story that shows only a chapter of these girl's lives. I don't like the ones where the entire story exists in the anime, rather than just a chapter. Like how some will start with crazy odds where it's the end of the world, and there's a million obstacles the hero must fight to overcome it, and narrowly manages to beat them all. Love Live just seems like a normal story that can actually happen.

Also, the ending theme is possibly the best anime ending song I have ever heard.

There's a couple of questions I have though, things I didn't notice or understand.

So is the red head girl that Eli's little sister hangs out with the same girl as Honoka's little sister? The one who yawned during Eli's speech?

Is Nozomi a lesbian? I mean I know animes like this don't go to far into these themes, but it seems like they hinted it when she seemed to confess to Maki during the beach scene. It might be up to the viewer's interpretation though.

In the club room, Nico has an autograph of a famous maid, that she said she has never seen a picture of. Is that maid Kotori? I know she is the famous Akiba maid, but how is she so famous that even just her signature is rare? And Hanayo knows this person too?

What did you think of Honoka's heel turn? Where she purposely sabotaged her groups concert cuz she couldn't not not stand being in the lime light for two seconds and then she made her supposed best friend give up all her dreams to be a fashion person just so that Honoka could continue pretending to be an important high school figure for a couple more years.

It was really fucked up, right?

What a terrible thing she did to Kotori.

Why are you making me relive this? I didn't think I could dislike Honoka more but thanks for showing me that I could.

Out of context
That's another thing too, does Love Live even have a clear cut villain?

At first I thought it was Eli, then maybe the A-Rise girls. Or maybe Kotori's mom as a twist. I don't really think there's anyone truly set out to do harm, which is another thing I really like about the anime. No one sided villain whose character exists solely for doing evil and wants to take over the world. Well maybe Nico.

On a more serious note, I like the decisions made in the ending though. If the characters were too perfect, Honoka would've just let Kotori go and that was it. But the characters show some flaws which make them special. Maybe Honoka is a bit selfish, but she seems better as a character that way. I also thought it was more like a love story, that Honoka kept Kotori from leaving just so she could keep her to herself. In the end, I like how the events unfolded and the story felt more real and sincere that way.

I also liked how the concert didn't work out not due to anyone's fault specifically but an unfortunate series of events unforeseen. Kotori was worried about leaving, Umi had to bear that burden, Honoka wanted to train more, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KW4tj998RBs
Why would you listen to Spanish music?? You don't even speak Spanish so it's not like you'd understand what they're saying.

*continues to listen to K-Pop*

I honestly thought for a second that was an uncooked meat wearing a green sweater.

I just realized I should've named my song "Nicognito."
I read it as Indignito.

Also, now that I've finished watching the 1st season of Love Live, these are my rankings:

3HjMDK1.png
You misplaced Umi she should be in the top 3 if not for anything related to her than for the fact she's voiced by Suzuko Mimori.

Another interesting seiyuu Love Live thing is Sora Tokui (Nico) and Pile (Maki) actually approve of the fan pair up for Nico x Maki.

Also, Rin is an official image girl for Sega.

B3vPWzOCYAAlyiK.jpg

My favorite GGT threads were the ones after everyone left cuz they showed me who my real friends were.

https://twitter.com/ActionAndPraxis/status/884059244340948994

https://twitter.com/theUraizen/status/884112031787474946

Turns out it was all the people who left by the way.

Why would you listen to Spanish music?? You don't even speak Spanish so it's not like you'd understand what they're saying.

*continues to listen to K-Pop*

You misplaced Umi she should be in the top 3 if not for anything related to her than for the fact she's voiced by Suzuko Mimori.

Another interesting seiyuu Love Live thing is Sora Tokui (Nico) and Pile (Maki) actually approve of the fan pair up for Nico x Maki.
Yo hablo espanol... maybe.

I didn't really like Umi for some reason, she and Rin seemed a bit masculine to me, or at least compared to the other girls.

The art book that came with the Blu Ray set I have actually has interviews with all the voice actresses. I'll have to scan it some time, but they ask them what they think makes Love Live so remarkable, and give a message to their own character, and their responses are pretty sweet and touching. The Blu ray set actually goes for upwards of $150 now which is insane, it's 3x what I paid for, and idk why anime Blu rays are so expensive when you can easily watch it online or pirate it, compared to video games.

Idk about Nico x Maki, it sounds cute but I always think Eli x Nozomi works the best, since Nozomi seems like a lesbian to me. Kotori x Honoka and Rin x Hanayo seem alright too.

#1 Nozo

#2 Eli

#3 Nico

#4 Kotori

#5 Honk

#6 Umi

#7 Maki

#8 Hanayo

#9 Rin
This list seems pretty close to mine. I can see the reasoning for it, but I'll definitely stick to mine.

Pretty much a couple of items had multiple prime discounts stacked on top, and it was random too. It was an assortment of 3 prime discounts, so games came out to 75% off or so. I was so preoccupied with the games people were mentioning, and I came in to the thread late, that by the time I realized it worked on figures and went to go check, it was already too late.

It was only the figures on sale for Prime day though, so no crazy rare ones from a 3rd party seller or anything. But still there were some pretty damn nice 1/8th and 1/6th scale ones. Even people who got in on the nendos were disappointed they didn't get enough time to nab the even more expensive ones.

I missed out on the Nico Yazawa birthday figure and the Kancolle ones. Sad Face.

Always next time

I have 7/9 of the bday figures.
Wow, you're a hardcore collector. I don't think I've ever tried collecting a figure series before besides maybe the Black Rock Shooter figmas, or as many Super Sonico figures as I can lay my hands on. Usually I just buy whats cheap and looks nice. Looking at the Bday figures now, they look really nice but seem to cost a pretty penny.

Wow, you're a hardcore collector. I don't think I've ever tried collecting a figure series before besides maybe the Black Rock Shooter figmas, or as many Super Sonico figures as I can lay my hands on. Usually I just buy whats cheap and looks nice. Looking at the Bday figures now, they look really nice but seem to cost a pretty penny.
They're not too bad if you're patient and know where to look.

Always next time

I have 7/9 of the bday figures.
Actually, I really love Love Live, and want to get at least one figure from that series. Not for all the characters, but just one that looks really nice. I usually do that for series that I love. Any suggestions?

I guess if I'm only buying one, I wouldn't mind spending a little bit more than usual. But it'll have to be from Amazon credit and not cash. I guess between $100 - $200. I also assume that since the series is pretty old now, I probably won't get any of the good ones at or less than MSRP and have to pay premium prices instead.

Honestly, any character other than Rin, Hanayo, and Umi would be fine. I guess Nozomi and Kotori would be the best since they look the prettiest. Maybe Maki and Nico too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back