GGT #45 has covered wars, y'know...in Fortune City, baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You fuck ers are good sales people. I kind of want DR2 now, even though I have a strong feeling I'm not going to like it nearly as much as you guys do. :p

[quote name='gunm']You fuck ers are good sales people. I kind of want DR2 now, even though I have a strong feeling I'm not going to like it nearly as much as you guys do. :p[/QUOTE]

I actually hated the first one. But there is something about DR2 that makes me like it...

Just killed Leon and brought back three more survivors (Esther, Kenneth and his son-in-law) JUST in the nick of time to catch the next story case. Really thought I would miss it.

If the game is forgiving about stuff like that, then I'll probably pick it up later after a price drop and Fight Club action.

Loving DR2 so far, I'm not having any of the hang ups that I had about the original.

My only gripe so far, is I don't think combo weapons will get used much (except for bat n nails), since you have to actively look for the items you want then find a maintenance room.

Ugh, finished Mafia 2. I don't recommend it. God awful checkpointing and a story that doesn't earn any of the dramatic moments.

[quote name='diddy310']Ugh, finished Mafia 2. I don't recommend it. God awful checkpointing and a story that doesn't earn any of the dramatic moments.[/QUOTE]

I didn't have problems with the checkpoints. I must have just been more awesome at it than I thought :cool:

I bought Baldur's Gate: Original Saga and Planescape Torment. Do I have time for either right now? HA! Not even close. But I wanna play Planescape in a couple weeks. I like the aesthetics.

Tried the Lords of Shadow demo. Don't like the main characters voice. Don't like the magical unicorn that talks. Don't like the wonky camera angle. The combat was decent though and I still have high hopes for the full game.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Tried the Lords of Shadow demo. Don't like the main characters voice. Don't like the magical unicorn that talks. Don't like the wonky camera angle. The combat was decent though and I still have high hopes for the full game.[/QUOTE]

I'm trying to decide if I should play the demo or just wait for the game...since I'm planning to get the game anyways.

Can we keep the DR2 stuff in spoiler tags? I know it is only minor stuff, but I am going to be progressing through the game pretty slowly and would appreciate it.

and yeah I picked up Quantum Theory.

sike.jpg

I got Linette too. So fucking useful, that reward.

And yeah, the combo weapons are, in general, pretty useless. There are a few that are useful for certain boss fights (like Slappy's flamethrower, the Broom + Machete weapon, and the Nail Bat), but the rest are pretty much for novelty purposes.

Just now got to File 6, and the military is finally here. Whew!
WHAT THE fuck? WHAT. THE. fuck!? fucking swamp-gas shit that mutates those fucking zombies? I was actually on the edge of my seat when Rebecca nearly got run over.

I haven't cared this much about a main character's story since Ass Creed 2.

Randy is a jackoff. I'm done for the night.

GODDAMN at the iPod sales. This sucks, I'm just finally clearing my backlog of iPod stuff. Now everything ever is on sale.

Yeah, Randy was a bitch.
The flamethrower is great on him though. Hop onto the other side of a bench, then let him have hit. Once the fuel is gone, make him chase you until he has to stop to catch his breath, then wail on him.

I was originally gonna play TIR in the hopes that I would make enough money to just buy the Zombrex from the Pawn Shops, but I found two of the four hidden ones, so now I'm just gonna save up for the keys to the car, or something.

The Xbox 360 update took about 23 minutes to download and install over three separate bars. They changed the fonts? Weird.

I'm glad that I spent the time to unlock the avatar awards to see that none of them work anymore. I'd be pissed if I actually spent money on avatar clothing. The props don't work either and that makes no sense at all.

The only disappointing thing I wish Dead Rising 2 had was suggested by the Giant Bomb QL, which was GPS waypoints that could be set by the player.

Beyond Good & Evil HD, eh? Sounds like a plan.

I bought Lair of the Shadow Broker for Mass Effect 2. Pretty meh if you ask me. Really short for the $10 asking price.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Make sure to save Linette on Day 2,
she shows you a shortcut
[/QUOTE]

Which "message" does that survivor correspond to?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The only disappointing thing I wish Dead Rising 2 had was suggested by the Giant Bomb QL, which was GPS waypoints that could be set by the player.[/QUOTE]

I agree. For some reason I get easily confused when selecting which message is my waypoint, like my brain doesn't like the shuffling of the "messages" in the sidebars.

[quote name='KingBroly']
I bought Lair of the Shadow Broker for Mass Effect 2. Pretty meh if you ask me. Really short for the $10 asking price.[/QUOTE]

I though it was great, but yeah a bit short for the price. Especially if you have only one character to play it with. More value for those with multiple playthroughs. I have 2 characters, still need to play through it with my female renegade.

Move is nice, I like the color changes of the sphere to be honest. Very hypnotizing.

Surprised by how accurate it is in Table Tennis and Tumble, very unlike the Wiimote+ in those to games. Feels great.

Dead Space 2 multi is meh.

hmmm, $11.25 for bayonetta and $25 for MW2. Guess its time to rear up some black friday credit. Didn't know amazon trade in values were so good! I like that you can lock in prices, then have a week to ship out too.

Hope black friday isn't shit this year.

Yeah, I really like trading to amazon.

One tip, don't trade a brand new game back the week or so it's released. They lower the values during the spike of people beating said game and trading back. They rise quickly after that.

Man, the Gamefly sale is amazing. Finally able to pick up some cheap stuff that I've been looking to get for a while. Can't wait to finally jump into Dante's Inferno.

Oh wow, the prize fulfillment service for the Subway contest confirmed my PS3 Move Bundle prize! If it really does get to me, I'll leave it at my parent's place so my dad will have a blu-ray player. They can also use it for Move games, if my parents babysit the kiddies.

[quote name='BlueScrote']Which "message" does that survivor correspond to?

.[/QUOTE]

It's the one about
a woman in a clothing store being "trapped by her vanity".

gunm, send me your move bundle.

Do you need to have a paid GameFly subscription to buy used from them? Eyeing up Assassin's Creed II.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='seanr1221']All your avatar gear will work when the update is officially out for everyone.

You're usually on top of that info, mang.[/QUOTE]
It doesn't say that in the preview FAQ. It just says that it needs to be updated by the developer, which isn't guaranteed.

Use the penis pattern

Play at 2am

Well, backlog is coming back with a vengance. Just bought Zenonia and I doubt that's all I'll get from the iPod sales.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I hope Beyond Good and Evil HD is $10 as a nod to its clearance price after it bombed.[/QUOTE]

I think it's coming out during the MS "Special Period of Magic" promotion on XBLA, so it will be 1200 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back