GGT #45 has covered wars, y'know...in Fortune City, baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='BlueScrote']Which "message" does that survivor correspond to?[/QUOTE]
I think it's called "Wilted Flower?" JSP's description works well too.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It doesn't say that in the preview FAQ. It just says that it needs to be updated by the developer, which isn't guaranteed.[/QUOTE]

The Giantbomb guys seem to think MS is fixing that.

After the gametrailers review I think I'll hold off on Lords of Shsdow. While it looks like I'll have some fun with the game it doesn't sound like it's worth full price.

Kinectimals Limited Edition?! :whee: So strange, but for some reason I think it will sell...

200937b.jpg

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?sku=200937

I wonder if Castlevania Lord of Shadows would be getting better reviews if it didn't have "Castlevania" as part of the title. I watched the GT review, and I personally feel like they are deducting points because it's not a true Castlevania game. Despite the faults mentioned, I will still be picking the game up. It looks very interesting, the settings are stunning and action/adventure is one of my favorite game genres.

[quote name='Cheska19']I watched the GT review, and I personally feel like they are deducting points because it's not a true Castlevania game.[/QUOTE]
7.9 is a perfectly fine score...

[quote name='corrosivefrost']
Anyone waiting for Dragon Age GOTY -- they just announced Dragon Age Ultimate edition.[/QUOTE]

Yep. Have been waiting for that. Probably be the one game I pick up this fall. Few others I want, but not at launch.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']7.9 is a perfectly fine score...[/QUOTE]

It's not necessarily the scores themselves, but more or less the general complaints about how it's not a 2D sidescroller taking place in a castle. I'm sure some of these a valid points, like the clumsy controls, but besides that I think the game looks promising :).

It's kind of L4D style deathmap/mission. Beta only has one mode and map I believe.

Humans vs different kinds of player controlled creatures.

Not a Castlevania game? Pfft. I'll tell you what isn't a Castlevania game.
Symphony of the Night. That's what.

[quote name='KingBroly']I'll tell you what isn't a Castlevania game. Symphony of the Night. That's what.[/QUOTE]

Your words are as empty as your soul!

Gran Turismo just bored me right up...the only racing games I can play are futuristic stuff like F-Zero/Wipeout or silly fun kart racers.

How much better is AC2 than the first? I loved the first but it got repetitive. Worth 14.99?

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']I thought you loved Bayonetta Ninja Dog?
[/quote]

I do! I beat Infinite Climax mode and just have a few unlockables left that I don't really care to grind for. After about 50 hours on the game, I'm done for a long while. And $11.25 is the best I'll get for it as it continues to drop in price.

Apparently the developers of Hydrophobia are unhappy about the reviews they are getting. I have to admit that I laughed when they mention what happen after a Tweet for Jim Sterling.

[quote name='Cheska19']I wonder if Castlevania Lord of Shadows would be getting better reviews if it didn't have "Castlevania" as part of the title. I watched the GT review, and I personally feel like they are deducting points because it's not a true Castlevania game. Despite the faults mentioned, I will still be picking the game up. It looks very interesting, the settings are stunning and action/adventure is one of my favorite game genres.[/QUOTE]
The funny thing is it sounds like far more of a true Castlevania than the metroidvania style games we've been getting.

[quote name='seanr1221']AC1 is like getting your butt licked by TMK. AC2 is like licking Chest-kas butt. You decide what to do.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if I should be flattered by that comment or if I should be creeped out :roll:

JSP- AC2 is a very good game, it took everything that was good about the first one and fixed all the problems that were present. Even if your not too interested in the story, the gameplay itself is fun and there is plenty to do. When all else fails, you can spend countless hours trying to find all 100 feathers in order to get one of the trophies.

OH and before I forget, GT5 is hard as fuck, even with a steering wheel.

[quote name='Cheska19']I'm not sure if I should be flattered by that comment or if I should be creeped out :roll:

JSP- AC2 is a very good game, it took everything that was good about the first one and fixed all the problems that were present. Even if your not too interested in the story, the gameplay itself is fun and there is plenty to do. When all else fails, you can spend countless hours trying to find all 100 feathers in order to get one of the trophies.[/QUOTE]
Or you could do what I did and print out maps of the cities with the feather locations pointed out. Saved me so much time in the end.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Or you could do what I did and print out maps of the cities with the feather locations pointed out. Saved me so much time in the end.[/QUOTE]

I used the maps too, but I was still missing a few feathers and I couldn't figure out which city I was missing them in. Thankfully, there actually is an option in the game that tells you how many feathers you've found in each city, and then voila the platinum trophy was mine! :D

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Gran Turismo just bored me right up...the only racing games I can play are futuristic stuff like F-Zero/Wipeout or silly fun kart racers.

How much better is AC2 than the first? I loved the first but it got repetitive. Worth 14.99?[/QUOTE]

It depends on your take. I, too, liked the original AC, even if it got repetitive. AC2 is more like... GTA:Renaissance -- it's a fun game, for the most part, but it almost felt like a different series.

[quote name='Cheska19']I'm not sure if I should be flattered by that comment or if I should be creeped out :roll:

JSP- AC2 is a very good game, it took everything that was good about the first one and fixed all the problems that were present. Even if your not too interested in the story, the gameplay itself is fun and there is plenty to do. When all else fails, you can spend countless hours trying to find all 100 feathers in order to get one of the trophies.

OH and before I forget, GT5 is hard as fuck, even with a steering wheel.[/QUOTE]

(1) nobody forced you to get the feathers.
(2) it's supposed to be realistic, not arcade-y -- of course it's hard. :p

I'm one of those people that feels the need to play the original before the sequel, and the first AC was just too sloppy to play through for me.

The platforming and visuals were great, and the game had an interesting concept -- but it was simply too bogged down by shitty game design choices and poor A.I.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Yeah, AC2 is great. If you loved the first one, you should be blown away by the 2nd.[/QUOTE]

See, I dont agree with that.
The first never felt like GTA:Holy Land to me.
The sequel feels like GTA went to Italy during the Renaissance.

You *could* conceivably like the first and hate the second.

That said, for $15? There's no reason he shouldn't try it and find out.

----

JSP, did you turn Chuck Greene into Wolverine?

Fair enough. I didn't play the first--just going by all the reviews that said the second was much better.

ACII didn't feel much like GTA to me--just following objectives to missions on the map/radar I guess. I loved ACII and HATE the GTA games.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']
JSP, did you turn Chuck Greene into Wolverine?[/QUOTE]

Yeah.

Was the first game this sexy? I don't remember. There's a lot of fondles and boobs.

I'll go against popular opinion and be the one to say that AC2 was way more tedious than it was fun. I don't think it's worth playing.

Frost, why do I get the feeling your a bit pessimistic? :whistle2:#

I started Nier, and holy effin shit the music is absolutely breathtaking, I'm trying to find the soundtrack online right now so I can bring it to work and listen to it there as well. Game is pretty fun so far, my biggest complaint is that it looks like a PS2 game and I'm not fond of the main characters VA, but graphics don't make a game and it's seems solid enough so far.

Also, slightly back to LoS, I'm actually disappointed about the fact the game lacks a mini map feature :(

Time to hop on TIR and make some cash.

Am I weird for being creeped out so much that I don't want to play Case 6 for a little while? :oops:

[quote name='Cheska19']Frost, why do I get the feeling you're a bit pessimistic? :whistle2:#

I started Nier, and holy effin shit the music is absolutely breathtaking, I'm trying to find the soundtrack online right now so I can bring it to work and listen to it there as well. Game is pretty fun so far, my biggest complaint is that it looks like a PS2 game and I'm not fond of the main characters VA, but graphics don't make a game and it's seems solid enough so far.

Also, slightly back to LoS, I'm actually disappointed about the fact the game lacks a mini map feature :([/QUOTE]
Fixed.

Because I'm a negative person? Wait. That's not right. I'm just a fucking realist. :D

LoS? Lords of Shadow? We don't need no stinkin' mini map.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back