GGT #47 Hates Halo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha, well, pretty much. ;)

I was just about to submit GGT #47, but then I saw this.

Anyway, I definitely have a plan for the next GGT I start. It's not completely Square related, unless I find one to another game I really want one to (one of my favorite non RPG series).

Gaylo just rips off Doom anyway. And Master Queef is the biggest turd evar.

Truthfully, Halo is alright. The second one sucked except for the multiplayer. First one is still my fave.

The only reason I have Halo is because that deal at FYE that pretty much gave me Forza Motorsport 2/Marvel Ultimate Alliance and Halo 3 for $300 (after all the main in rebates).

GTA IV is on its way...sometime soon!

I bought the first Halo on release and enjoyed it, but then again, Xbox was the only console I had outside the Dreamcast at the time.

I skipped on Halo 2 since there were many other games I wanted more in genres I liked. I eventually got it, but it was meh.

Halo 3, only played my friends copy. It's good, but I don't think I'll ever buy, unless cheap. I'm perfectly happy with my 360 collection outside of not owning Ace Combat 6 and Triggerheart Excelica(sp) right now.

Played more Mario Kart Wii. I'll admit I was rarely playing my Wii and was starting to wonder whether I should have gotten it (because I played a lot of DDR: HP, NiGHTs, and SMG early on, then nothing), but Mario Kart Wii has given new rebirth to my Wii. I absolutely love it and it may be my favorite Wii game.

There is a lot of replay to it if you play online, it has good single player options for the most part too.

And if all else fails, you can use the Wii wheel as a keychain. That shit is straight gangsta son...

I like Halo :(

But, Red Shell > Plasma Grenade

GTA4 introduces some interesting morality choices in the game. You can kind of shape Niko as you see fit.

I want Space Invaders Extreme. I think DS is my platform of choice. Hopefully online works alright.

Also, I too am tainted from seeing LTTP as late to the party.

Whenever I see that acronym I immediately think Link to the Past. ;/
Oh God, that's what it stands for? Whenever I saw it on gaf I assumed it did stand for Link to the Past, and it was some sort of joke where you're playing an old game... so it's like a link to the past. Now I feel silly.

[quote name='pete5883']Oh God, that's what it stands for? Whenever I saw it on gaf I assumed it did stand for Link to the Past, and it was some sort of joke where you're playing an old game... so it's like a link to the past. Now I feel silly.[/QUOTE]

LOL that kinda makes sense....I think I rather believe I am like Link to the past when playing old games XD

[quote name='whoknows']Grabbed Sega Superstars Tennis today for PS3 since it's only $20.

Fun stuff.[/QUOTE]Yeah, I really like the game myself and find it very underrated. The demo may have had some issues, but the full version is much better. It was actually one of my most played PS3 games for a while (I paid $40 for mine). I love playing as Sega characters on Sega courses. :D

Maybe we'll use Naughty By Nature for GGT #48... We'll have JEKKI rework the lyrics on that one...

GGT Entertainment 2008

HOLLA

[quote name='jer7583']I hate japanese games[/quote]Haven't you been playing a lot of SE RPGs recently?

LATE EDIT: Jer, did you see that there was a typo in what you posted for your MK:Wii friend code?

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Yeah, I really like the game myself and find it very underrated. The demo may have had some issues, but the full version is much better. It was actually one of my most played PS3 games for a while (I paid $40 for mine). I love playing as Sega characters on Sega courses. :D[/QUOTE]

I was considering getting it when it came out, but I'm so glad I didn't. I wonder how badly this game sold, since it dropped to $20 pretty fast.

But yeah, the music and levels are awesome.

[quote name='whoknows']I was considering getting it when it came out, but I'm so glad I didn't. I wonder how badly this game sold, since it dropped to $20 pretty fast.

But yeah, the music and levels are awesome.[/QUOTE]Yeah, I wonder too. I'm quite surprised, but I guess the demo really hurt the PS3/360 versions. Overall, I finally the game very underrated and a lot of fun. I felt it was worth $40, although $20 would be better. I was actually expecting a pricecut to $30 around May/June, but not $20 in April. Saving $20 would be nice, but I had too much fun with it to really care. :p

I have to be like under 300 kills to finish up my RSV2 point hunt. I keep finding douchebag hosts and douchebag rooms. I just want to kill faces dammit! I am realistically under 100 away from getting my last cheezmint. I wanted to finish it for tomorrows 360voice.com blog. Oh well.

there was a typo? Oh noes.. guess that's why nobody added me yet..

here's the real thing, i'll post in the MK Wii thread too-
1289-8756-5437

I don't hate japanese games, just people who like them too much. And anything with stupid names like Mana Khemia, Atelier Iris, Weeaboo Super Adventure of Pedo Mega Style. It was kind of a joke.

[quote name='jer7583']there was a typo? Oh noes.. guess that's why nobody added me yet..

here's the real thing, i'll post in the MK Wii thread too-
1289-8756-5437

I don't hate japanese games, just people who like them too much. And anything with stupid names like Mana Khemia, Atelier Iris, Weeaboo Super Adventure of Pedo Mega Style. It was kind of a joke.[/quote]I'll get you added tomorrow night when I hope to play again.

[quote name='AlbinoNinja']I keep getting distracted from GTA4 by Astro Boy for the game boy advance...[/quote]

It is because that game is awesome!

I liked halo until I played Team Fortress 2.

Now I play that, shadowrun, and old Xbox 1 Counter-Strike.

Do people still play Shadowrun online? I actually liked it, but didn't buy it since I heard the online community for it is kind of dead.

I've not had any trouble finding people online. I'm still wrapping my head around it. People who are on are really good.

[quote name='MarkMan']Maybe we'll use Naughty By Nature for GGT #48... We'll have JEKKI rework the lyrics on that one...

GGT Entertainment 2008

HOLLA[/quote]
If Jekki needs some collaboration on the lyrics, I'd be down ;)

Go for it!

I'm sleepy, it's 10 PM, and I think I'm going to Dragon Warrior III until I crash...

zzzzzzzzzz

I'll complain about it being Wednesday in about 10 hours... b r b

[quote name='whoknows']So what do I need to buy for my Dreamcast so it doesn't look like complete ass on my HDTV?[/quote]
Hmmm...I don't know about HDTV, but if you have a VGA Monitor lying around, that might be your best bet (look for a DC to VGA adaptor), or just your good ole analog boob tube TV :/

Someone might know a better solution, but I've seen DC on a VGA Monitor and it looks pretty clean for it's age. I'll probably dump my DC collection soon though, I rarely use it anymore if at all...

[quote name='whoknows']So what do I need to buy for my Dreamcast so it doesn't look like complete ass on my HDTV?[/quote]

S-video works fine, but if you are really desperate you could try an RGB/VGA solution. Not all games will run properly in VGA mode, and may end up looking worse though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back