GGT #59: Love worth dying for? "But heed this, the price you pay may be heavy indeed"

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Mr. Anderson']They had Harvest Moon, Brave Story, and Crazy Taxi (all for the PSP) on clearance on Monday.[/quote]
I thought about getting Harvest Moon, but it's pretty much the same game as the GBA Harvest Moons. I still haven't gotten through the 1st winter in Friend of Mineral Town.... it's just too much of a pain to earn any money in the winter.

I finally put some time into Brave Story last week. It's a decent game for the $20 I paid for it. I am getting a little annoyed with the constant forced change of teammates...

[quote name='guinaevere']Hiya Daroga! *waves*

I know everyone's behaving. I was just slightly offended that clearly no one here loves me.[/QUOTE]

Comes with the moderator job I guess :)

You're on my friends list! How could we not love you??

Mega Man 3 = Awesome
Mega Man 2 = Slightly Awesomer

EDIT: EDITED!

Last edited by a moderator:
*hugs Gwen*

And Daroga (and Rolento), love the new sig banner!

Was inspired to make a new one of my own (using the Klonoa fanart I did not too long ago). I don't think I'll be changing my avatar, though; my current Pig Noise one is new as it is.

[quote name='guinaevere']Hiya Daroga! *waves*

I know everyone's behaving. I was just slightly offended that clearly no one here loves me.[/quote]

Ahh, I just have no idea HOW to invite you to the group! xD
This new-age technology is far too much for little 'ol me. :cry:

[quote name='blueshinra']*hugs Gwen*

Was inspired to make a new one of my own (using the Klonoa fanart I did not too long ago). I don't think I'll be changing my avatar, though; my current Pig Noise one is new as it is.[/quote]
Was there a Pig Noise pin in that game? Or does your avatar just make it look like one?

[quote name='blueshinra']*hugs Gwen*

Was inspired to make a new one of my own (using the Klonoa fanart I did not too long ago). I don't think I'll be changing my avatar, though; my current Pig Noise one is new as it is.[/QUOTE]Really like the signature Blueshinra. :D I am a Klonoa fan though.

[quote name='botticus']Was there a Pig Noise pin in that game? Or does your avatar just make it look like one?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, there is. It can be found
at Pork City during "Another Day". It's carried by the Pig Noise on the floor right below the boss.

Just playing around with 2.0. Exploring it all is almost like a game itself!

Sent out a buncha friend requests and now checking some blogs. Gonna write my own sometime too. What should I blog about??? My life is pretty mundane. A mundane blog sounds boring, so why should I write one and submit others to my mundane-ness? Or, could that be my new evil plan?

I think I'll just make up a life. It works for Jer.
Just kiddin, Jer! :lol:

EDIT: ZOMG!! New Avatar!!!!

[quote name='blueshinra']Yeah, there is. It can be found
at Pork City during "Another Day". It's carried by the Pig Noise on the floor right below the boss.
[/quote]
Ah, I had to break from playing after the main game. One day! Another day?

I might sell the Pelican PS2/PS3 Adapater that I bought for $2.99 at Gamestop to fund the Hori Soul Calibur IV 360 Arcade Stick.

[quote name='linkpwns']I really need to get off my ass and buy me Diablo 2.
I just got 40 bucks, mysteriously.
I'm just afraid I'm gonna need those $40.

In the meantime, if anyone is down to play some Warcraft 3: Frozen Throne with me, that would be cool.
I've been sinking A LOT of time into that recently.

EDIT: To avoid doubleposting.
I'm gonna be doing an EPIC update of my Tradelist today. It's so out of date. I really need to get rid of a lot of my old games, and pick up some new ones in the process. So I'll leave a nice post here when I finished doing just that.

Also, CAG 2.0 is awesome.[/QUOTE]

Well if it helps, the price on the Diablo Battle Chest dropped to $30.

Anyway, you people should read my blog. It's going to be better than Markman's, despite that he has a completely unfair advantage.

[quote name='linkpwns']Ahh, I just have no idea HOW to invite you to the group! xD
This new-age technology is far too much for little 'ol me. :cry:[/quote]If you go to the GGT group page at the bottom, do you have the Pending/Invited Members? If you do, click on that and if there's the open field for Inviting, try that. Otherwise it may only be refusedchaos who can send out invites.

I can do it myself, but I don't want to abuse mah powers. :lol:

I wanna join the GGT group...

Mana, I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed your singing last night. Whenever I need cheering up, I'm going to watch you sing "Take On Me".

CAG 2.0 is pretty cool. I don't really like the green used for the main text on everything, but overall pretty awesome. The pixel style header is the BEST.

Heavenly Sword, I hate it. I gave up on that last battle. I took so long and was so random and made NO sense at all. At least it was just a rental.

The SC IV sticks aren't bad. But they aren't good either. If you want quality you'd have to mod them with arcade parts. With those Hori sticks it's more of a bitch to try and swap out the parts, especially the stick.

Just my two cents.

You can always wait for the other arcade sticks coming out early next year.

[quote name='MarkMan']The SC IV sticks aren't bad. But they aren't good either. If you want quality you'd have to mod them with arcade parts. With those Hori sticks it's more of a bitch to try and swap out the parts, especially the stick.

Just my two cents.

You can always wait for the other arcade sticks coming out early next year.[/quote]
Ah, Well I'm not really one to mod anything. I'm actually just getting it to try out an arcade stick. If I like it I can always get a better one some other time.

Woo Chrono Trigger DS is REAL! I got a little emotional over seeing that!

I can't wait to start blogging on CAG.. everyone is going to hate me.. BWAH HA!

I would have rather had an HD Chrono Trigger, but I guess I will settle for that Duel Screen. I am rather excited that Squeenix is finally paying some attention to something other than Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest. Maybe we will get another sequel this gen.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']I wanna join the GGT group...

Mana, I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed your singing last night. Whenever I need cheering up, I'm going to watch you sing "Take On Me".[/QUOTE]Maybe I should make a YouTube video out of it. :p I did with other SingStar songs. I don't know if you saw, but earlier I sang Brittney Spears "Toxic" and Billy Joel "Uptown Girl".

Naruto, lol.

Let's call this a new beginning for the GGT. I'm going to try to not piss everybody off quite so much.

I started playing Jake Hunter, Detective Chronicles. It is... pretty boring.

It feels less like a game and more like a novel, but without the heavy depth of story that Hotel Dusk had.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I played some Tekken 6 yesterday. My arcade got one in a week or two ago. One of only 4 in the country![/quote]

Was it still $1.50 per game :x ?

Yup, it was a $1.50 >.< The guy who runs the place is holding a tournament in a couple weeks. I'm probably going to enter.

So, In game XMB is pretty sweet. I like that quite a bit. I might buy SSDHD just because of the trophy stuff now.

I just d/l SSDHD this morning and it's kind of fun. I also got a few trophies I think. But it wasn't shown when I checked.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Yup, it was a $1.50 >.< The guy who runs the place is holding a tournament in a couple weeks. I'm probably going to enter.[/quote]

Good luck... the RI crew should be there, they're a bunch of cool guys/good Tekken peeps. Have fun with that!

Tell any of the TZ members that might be there that MarkMan says hello ^_^

Now that you've seen it in person Rei, what do you think? Game is beautiful no?

It's a shame Arcades aren't around more. I don't think Milwaukee even has any dedicated arcades in the entire city, that I know of. Just crappy redemption sections in bowling alleys and stuff.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Maybe I should make a YouTube video out of it. :p I did with other SingStar songs. I don't know if you saw, but earlier I sang Brittney Spears "Toxic" and Billy Joel "Uptown Girl".[/quote]

Nah, I missed those.

Man, I feel like a puss, but I can't fucking beat Stage 19 on DMC4 on Devil Hunter. Last night I said fuck it and started playing Human again just so I can see the end of the game. But Human is stupid easy and I haven't gone below 3/4 health in the last six stages.

Taaaaaaaaaaaaaaake oooooooooooooooooooooon meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

[quote name='jer7583']So, In game XMB is pretty sweet. I like that quite a bit. I might buy SSDHD just because of the trophy stuff now.[/QUOTE]

I guess there are going to be trophy whores now just like acheivement whores.

[quote name='crzyboy88']I guess there are going to be trophy whores now just like acheivement whores.[/QUOTE]

Yep. It's going to take people a long time to get them with all one games that support it right now.

Pickup post...

img1126wj2.jpg

Cloverfield - $8.26 from DeepDiscountDVD through buy.com
Brute Force - $2.39 at Gamestop
Table Tennis - $9.99 at Gamestop
Hot Rod - $9.99 at Blockbuster
Project 8 - $9.99 at Blockbuster
NBA 2K8 - On loan from a friend

img1128me0.jpg

Picked these up for the brosky at Gamestop, came out to almost $60 for all of it. I wouldn't get the magazine but it came free with renewal of my edge card.

So I finally have a game i'm excited as fuck about once again... of couse, that's Chrono Trigger. It seems this is finally going to be another good year for the DS... FFIV, Chrono Trigger, new Castlevania...

the only downside is that Trauma Center 2 isn't going to be in stock at Gamestop till tomorrow... :(

i'm glad they didn't. Honestly, the graphics are perfect for the game. If they tried putting it in 3D or even redoing the 2D, I feel like they'd fuck it up. HD 2D sprites would look too clinical.

I've been interested in SSDHD for a while, the trophies are just an added bonus that makes me want to get it..

I'ma get SSDHD today, for real.

can anyone let me kno... I made a JPN PSN account and it's too hard to navigate thru the PSN store in japanese!!!

I heard the Hong Kong store's content is exactly the same as japanese, but it's in english!!!

can anybody confirm this?!?!

Chrono Trigger DS is friggin' sweet, no doubt.
And I'd like it more on the DS, I think. I want something to take around with me on the road.

I really wish I could get someone to fork over a DS debug unit for me, so I could play DS shit on the TV. I have literally zero interest in playing the game on the go. At least I can hook the thing up to my fancy pants sound setup, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back