GGT 63 - FF XIII on 360 too! Sony fans am cry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='blueshinra']I don't think anyone is, considering the Development Hell it currently seems to be stuck in.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty much why I don't think it'll have as big of an impact on Sony as people think. Sure, it's a big deal now, but when the game finally comes out however many years from now, I don't think the console wars will be in a place where FFXIII will make a huge impact being on the 360 as well.

I wouldn't be surprised if we were getting ready for the next generation of consoles by the time FFXIII comes out.

What the fuck?

Why would you call MS stupid or half-assing it by giving you the option to install?

This doesn't screw over 20GB or Arcade users in any way.

[quote name='gunm']Holy shit, RE5 Co-Op! I just wet myself.

I call Shewa. :)[/QUOTE]

It looks awesome...I just hope the enemies are more aggressive when the game actually comes out. From what was shown it looked like they were just standing there waiting to be shot.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']looking forward to tomorrow not for consoles, but news for the portable platforms... man do I loves me my portables.[/QUOTE]

I hope Sony announces that the PSP will support Divx...would make putting video on so much easier since most of the stuff I want to watch is Divx.

Best part of the chat was when they revealed the new avatars/dash. And the stuff after it.

"I have cancer. I have just been diagnosed. That woman gave it to me."

"This is worse than palsy."

[quote name='zewone']What the fuck?

Why would you call MS stupid or half-assing it by giving you the option to install?

This doesn't screw over 20GB or Arcade users in any way.[/QUOTE]

I say it's half-assing it because you still need a disc in the drive to play. Other than the noise reduction from not having the drive working, there doesn't seem to be any point since games don't take long to load as it is. It would have been nice if you could just install a game and run it whenever, though, obviously, piracy would become an issue....

oh well.

Fallout3 looks great. As long as it does not have that retarded level up system that Oblivion had, I think it'll be great as well.

As for the Play Off HD thing, I say it's stupid because I never thought the disc loading was ever an issue in 360 games in the first place. And I don't care about the disc or fan spinning noise as I tune it out after a while. It doesn't matter if this is being positioned as an option now as all this does is open it up for devs to get lazy and end up making it a requirement in their games instead of optimizing the code to run smoothly off the disc like they have been (or supposed to have been) doing in the first place.

Last edited by a moderator:
disc copy = no more 360 wanting to be as loud as a dreamcast and gas engine combined.

the one full retail game that I really liked though was fallout 3. looks great and playing as a shooter or RPG is amazing.

Then people would just rent games if it didn't need the disc.

I don't see how this is any different from what the PS3 is doing, you still need the disc and it's mandatory.

So it looks like FF13 will probably not be on the 360 in Japan. GameSpot said they're intending for it to be a day and date release in NA and Europe, but Kitase says they'll finish it in Japanese, then start localization. And then start on the 360 version. That makes it seem like the PS3 version would be sitting on a shelf for a long time if they were going to release them simultaneously.

No plans for any differences in the two versions, but Blu-Ray vs. DVD, who knows!

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Best part of the chat was when they revealed the new avatars/dash. And the stuff after it.

"I have cancer. I have just been diagnosed. That woman gave it to me."

"This is worse than palsy."[/QUOTE]

I believe I called her a fat bitch, not a woman.

man freakin FFXIII yo... Final Fantasy sucks ass anyways...

but seriously what the heck is the reason for having 2 systems anyways when they pretty much mirror each other?!?!?

shyt's dumb... anyone remember Genesis and SNES?!?! yeay that was the shyt back in the days.

these days... fuck gaming...

JEKKI's PS3 + Wii = DUSTY

Dreamcast + PS2 = SOLID GOLD

[quote name='botticus']So it looks like FF13 will probably not be on the 360 in Japan. GameSpot said they're intending for it to be a day and date release in NA and Europe, but Kitase says they'll finish it in Japanese, then start localization. And then start on the 360 version. That makes it seem like the PS3 version would be sitting on a shelf for a long time if they were going to release them simultaneously.[/QUOTE]

Or, more likely, thoroughly delay both English versions even moreso.

Jekki's right. I don't get that MS and Sony are trying to win more customers...by being more like each other. It just helps Nintendo in the long run, IMO.

[quote name='gunm']Jekki's right. I don't get that MS and Sony are trying to win more customers...by being more like each other. It just helps Nintendo in the long run, IMO.[/QUOTE]
Also agreed with Jekki. It's definitely not the "Sega Does What Nintendon't" days of yore.

So now Sony and MS fanb01s can reconcile their differences (because there won't be differences anymore). And gang up on Nintendo fanb01s! lulz.

[quote name='zewone']You got scared in RE4?

It's about badass action, playa![/QUOTE]

I'm a wimp at anything horror based. I have no enjoyment in watching horror games or movies. I played RE4 and still didn't like the creepiness. I know it's just me.

[quote name='Magus8472']Or, more likely, thoroughly delay both English versions even moreso.[/QUOTE]

Doubt it. Didn't Square say not all that long ago that their goal is to do simulatenous worldwide releases for big games now?

I don't care for horror flicks myself, with a few exceptions.

I did enjoy RE4 though. Oddly enough, I can handle horror games better than horror films.

I still can't get over how awesome it was that the Guitar Hero guy announced Guitar Hero Metallica, and then waited for applause. But applause never came.

[quote name='Chacrana']I still can't get over how awesome it was that the Guitar Hero guy announced Guitar Hero Metallica, and then waited for applause. But applause never came.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

I wish no one had clapped for that blonde bitch who thinks she can sing.

I've got a feeling that both Nintendo and Sony will have better press conferences. Nintendo will because they'll have 1 good first party game (that's all it takes to improve on this), and Sony because they fuckin' need to. That FFVII remake needs to happen.

[quote name='Chacrana']I've got a feeling that both Nintendo and Sony will have better press conferences. Nintendo will because they'll have 1 good first party game (that's all it takes to improve on this), and Sony because they fuckin' need to. That FFVII remake needs to happen.[/QUOTE]

I don't think either could possibly be worse. Then again, from what I remember I think IMO Nintendo had the worst one last year.

[quote name='Chacrana']Doubt it. Didn't Square say not all that long ago that their goal is to do simulatenous worldwide releases for big games now?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, from the stuff coming out of the SE panel today it seems like they're going to finish the Japanese version and then begin both localization and 360 development. And, if they're planning on releasing the English PS3 and 360 versions simultaneously, I can't see how that wouldn't lengthen that half of the process.

So, then, the choice seems to be between across-the-board delays or NA/European delays.

[quote name='whoknows']I don't think either could possibly be worse. Then again, from what I remember I think IMO Nintendo had the worst one last year.[/QUOTE]

Nintendo introducing Wii Fit was definitely the beginning of the end, but then there was Make My Shitty Video and LIPS. So... that's basically the lowest it gets. Seriously, even Marky Mark had a better game.

[quote name='Chacrana']Nintendo introducing Wii Fit was definitely the beginning of the end, but then there was Make My Shitty Video and LIPS. So... that's basically the lowest it gets. Seriously, even Marky Mark had a better game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, those two parts make MS's conference the worst one ever. The Lips and video making thing presentations were the worst things from any E3 ever.

[quote name='gunm']I don't care for horror flicks myself, with a few exceptions.

I did enjoy RE4 though. Oddly enough, I can handle horror games better than horror films.[/quote]

I'm just the opposite. I think it has something to do with feeling like you're in the game and experiencing a more personal sense of danger. I was nervous as hell playing Bioshock at some points. :lol:

[quote name='whoknows']Yeah, those two parts make MS's conference the worst one ever. The Lips and video making thing presentations were the worst things from any E3 ever.[/quote]

You obviously don't remember Jeff Bell playing Madden 08, acting "ghetto".

[quote name='Maklershed']You obviously don't remember Jeff Bell playing Madden 08, acting "ghetto".[/QUOTE]

You know, I don't remember that, and maybe it's for the best. :lol:

Anyone else...disappointed with the RB2 song list? I'm all for opening up to less...mainstream songs, and yeah I'm not the most learned person as far as music goes, but I don't recognize the majority of those songs. And I'm familiar with most of those artists.

Oh no you dih-ihnt!

J/K. I know you're right. I'm getting RB2 for the limited drums alone, and of course, I'll learn to like the songs, but the lack of really "big" songs--is that a warning sign?

Man, Final Fantasy 13 seriously looks more interesting than anything. I fuckin' love that setting. Combat system does seem kinda Crisis Core-ish, so that could potentially be good. I just really hope it comes together.

So Gamefly said they sent me Lego Indy last Monday. Still haven't gotten it. Should I say I haven't gotten it yet or wait another day?

I could be interested in FF13 if it was Crisis Core-esque for it's combat. I'm not sure why, but I really, really liked that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back