GGT 63 - FF XIII on 360 too! Sony fans am cry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
hm. just read cliff notes and such about M$ conference and it was uneventful as always. Finished up reading the new updates coming to XBL this fall and I'm about ready to sell this noise making behemoth because of how awful everything is going to be.

play from hdd - yay! M$ can gouge more money from me by forcing me to upgrade my hdd becuase I aboslutely know there's going to be games that require installs.

access XBL content from the web - don't care

new dashboard interface - looks like itunes album browsing. the blades already suck, why are we going to an even stupider looking interface?

live party system - dumb

xbox live primetime - dumb

new display support - FINALLY getting 1680x1050. took long enough. god damn.

Star Ocean 4 and Tales of Vesperia not going multiplatform - dumb

y? cause they will get low software sales. They are not Final Fantasy big or well known

[quote name='zewone']I thought Star Ocean 4 was on the PS3 as well.[/QUOTE]
There's speculation that it will be, but it's not confirmed.

damnit ncaa 09 comes out tomorrow can i still go back to gs by say the end of the week and get my money back on the preorder? :lol:

I agree with Slain. Even though the Play From HDD thing is being PR'd as "optional" there's nothing to stop what could be an inevitable tide. I think it's just a soft way of getting folks into the concept as future large scale games could very well require it.

I'm probably mistaken, but I thought the whole PS3 HDD thing was because the BR drive in current PS3s are dog slow. Did they ever release anything faster than a 1x BR drive for PS3 yet? Will they?

So, you're basing that it's stupid based on your assumptions of the future instead of the facts at hand?

The PS3 requires mandatory installs now.

A battle?

You guys are proving Jer right, hating on shit just to hate.

You're assuming something will happen later, so you're hating now.

Yet, you don't hate on the system that does do which you assume the 360 will do later.

FYI - Frisky alerted me to the fact that there's some E3 stuff up on PSN already. Here's whats available:

Fallout 3 trailer
Naruto: Ultimate Ninja promo trailer
Guitar Hero World Tour Drum Vignette
Guitar Hero World Tour Reveal trailer
Destroy All Humans: Path of the Furon trailer
2 Soul Calibur 4 wallpapers

[quote name='zewone']
Yet, you don't hate on the system that does do which you assume the 360 will do later.[/QUOTE]

Maybe because the comment was based on something MS just announced? What the hell does the PS3 even have to do with it?

Because there's so much complaining over something that hasn't happened, yet you guys have all experienced it with the PS3 and not complained.

Doesn't make any sense.

[quote name='zewone']So, you're basing that it's stupid based on your assumptions of the future instead of the facts at hand?

The PS3 requires mandatory installs now.[/quote]

But the PS3 had installs that where "optional" from the consoles launch, and now more and more are popping up as "mandatory".

The 360 is getting "optional" installs, so what to stop them from becoming "mandatory"?

I see a trend......

To try to instigate and turn this into a namecalling argument and say that the 360 optional installs won't eventually turn into mandatory installs is just ignorant. One thing leads to another, one event causes another to happen, and so on.

And lol at hating shit just to hate. No, I really don't like the things I say I don't like. It's all just an act. :roll:

[quote name='zewone']A battle?

You guys are proving Jer right, hating on shit just to hate.

You're assuming something will happen later, so you're hating now.

Yet, you don't hate on the system that does do which you assume the 360 will do later.[/quote]

Nope, you're wrong. I HATE that I have to install shit to play games on PS3. It's there and that's that, so there's obviously no point in me going on and on about it right?

I'm only "hating" on MS because we never used to worry about shit like that on 360. And now, MS is pretty much opening Pandora's Box on it. I just don't feel it's "feature" worth crowing about, is all.

You're entitled to your opinion, of course.

Edit: I see Slain's response above, and agree with most of that.

Edit2: And yeah, we did bitch about PS3 installs, but again that's old hat now. No reason to keep on going with that dead horse.

Last edited by a moderator:
Right, no more speculation if it's damaging to the 360's rep.

And people totally didn't complain about the PS3's installs when they became mandatory. You have a point.

Okay, I get what you guys are saying now.

Slain - I didn't call anyone names or instigate anything. It's called a disagreement. Look it up.

Chacrana, did you complain about the mandatory installs?

I seem to remember a bunch of people in this thread brushing DMC4's install like it was nothing, I'm not sure if you were one of them.

ooo, SCIV wallpapers. Gotta check that out, as well as DL the ToV demo. Lots to do tonight, gaming-wise...whee!

Ugh, why does MS have to copy Wii's worst "feature" of ugly 3D avatars? Don't they know it's not going to draw anyone to their system?

[quote name='zewone']Chacrana, did you complain about the mandatory installs?

I seem to remember a bunch of people in this thread brushing DMC4's install like it was nothing, I'm not sure if you were one of them.[/QUOTE]

I remember not liking the MGS4 installs, particularly when you want to play through the game again.

I never complain about installs, so I don't think that was me.

Installs don't bother me, it gives me more time to do something else (always more time

Also, I'm glad Nintendo is releasing their Wii Remote peripheral, basically admitting their technology blows and needs improvement.

I'm pretty sure if you go back to when the DMC4 install was announced, you'll find most of saying how stupid it was. For M$ to announce it and act like it's this new, awesome feature that hasn't been around, is just silly.

I don't really have any issue with the 360 installs, either... I was just disappointed that they weren't incorporating some way to play without the disc in.

I did say that the DMC4 install was helpful in that you could go over the entire history of DMC to get you up to speed on the series.

It was a nice way of handling the install, even if you disagreed with the concept in principle.

Still, MS gives you 120GB max, if you are willing to shell out for their proprietary drive whereas you can stick, what, up to 250 (350?) gigs into a PS3 yourself without having to go through Sony (which to me is actually pretty fuck ing amazing considering Sony's history of proprietary shit).

So I think there is a couple of things not to like about this HDD thing...

[quote name='Chacrana']I don't really have any issue with the 360 installs, either... I was just disappointed that they weren't incorporating some way to play without the disc in.[/quote]

If only this were possible, sadly we won't see it this day in age. :(

But you know what we will see?

FINAL FANTASY XIII ON THE 360

Kingdom Hearts 3 for the 360!

I was kidding about KH3, just poking to poke, that's all.

But man, we should all post pics of hot chicks on our blogs tonight yea?

[quote name='gunm']Hm, was I the only one who couldn't get into KH2? :hides:[/quote]

I'm too manly for Kingdom Hearts. The testosterone in my blood literally boils when I see someone playing it. It hurts to have things boiling in your body :(

oh and holy fuck @ MS. I was in the chat during the part of the conferences where they were embarrassing themselves on stage, but they came out looking godly. I hope the other 2 conferences are as good (I would like all 3 console makers force me to own their systems...)

[quote name='gunm']Hm, was I the only one who couldn't get into KH2? :hides:[/quote]

You're not special. I didn't like either of the PS2 games. I did enjoy the GBA card game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back