GGT 63 - FF XIII on 360 too! Sony fans am cry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, here's how it looks now:
Fall 09: FFXIII releases on PS3 in Japan
Fall 10: FFXIII releases on PS3/360 in US
Summer 11: FFXIII releases on PS3/360 in EU

This is standard Square fare when it comes to translations. If they delay the game because of a port job it really is bad news for the game in general. I might as well import it (region free PS3). Lord knows FF games are confusing as hell now anyway.

Since Crystal Tools is now showing up on 360 and PS3...and they've said it's going to be on Wii as well, where's the Cr.tl. Wii game? Also, where the hell is Dragon Quest IX? Is it coming to PSP as well? Or back to PS2? or maybe it's gone PS3 exclusive again?

NOTE: I said Cr.tl. because if I said CT people might think Chrono Trigger.

Alright. Its grasping for straws, but here goes:

1) SE is in trouble because they bet big on the wrong horse before the race started and are trying to make the best of the situation.
2) They know that 98%+ of the sales are going to come from the install base when the game comes out and not new console adoption. Therefore, the longer they wait, the better.
3) That gives them a 2 year buffer to hope that the USD is worth something in 2010.

I do like that they are in trouble though, since otherwise they may not have bothered to port/remake some of their older games which are actually good.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']the dominating console in Japan and the west may vary.[/quote]
What you mean is that 2nd place may vary, but point taken ;)

[quote name='KingBroly']So, here's how it looks now:
Fall 09: FFXIII releases on PS3 in Japan
Fall 10: FFXIII releases on PS3/360 in US
Summer 11: FFXIII releases on PS3/360 in EU

This is standard Square fare when it comes to translations. If they delay the game because of a port job it really is bad news for the game in general. I might as well import it (region free PS3). Lord knows FF games are confusing as hell now anyway.

Since Crystal Tools is now showing up on 360 and PS3...and they've said it's going to be on Wii as well, where's the Cr.tl. Wii game? Also, where the hell is Dragon Quest IX? Is it coming to PSP as well? Or back to PS2? or maybe it's gone PS3 exclusive again?

NOTE: I said Cr.tl. because if I said CT people might think Chrono Trigger.[/quote]

The biggest difference between current gen consoles and the current handhelds are that the DS is selling retardedly awesome and games like this would sell with head asploding results in any territory. Consoles have a different audience in each territory.

This is about DQIX. Not FFXIII.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Kendal']The biggest difference between current gen consoles and the current handhelds are that the DS is selling retardedly awesome and games like this would sell with head asploding results in any territory. Consoles have a different audience in each territory.

This is about DQIX. Not FFXIII.[/quote]

Yes, but we haven't seen it since it's announcement. At all. Where is it? It's supposed to be out this year in Japan, and it's nowhere.

[quote name='KingBroly']Yes, but we haven't seen it since it's announcement. At all. Where is it? It's supposed to be out this year in Japan, and it's nowhere.[/quote]

My guess is we will see tomorrow at Nintendo's press conference. Megaton will be it is in store right now!

Well PS3 only in Japan makes sense as there's hardly any 360 install base in Japan in comparison.

360 Europe and US only because, well...

And Fallout 3...I have it pre-ordered, but it better not have the same leveling system as Oblivion. :p

I still have my original skepticism about Fallout 3 that I had since Day 1.

I want to see it played with 100% turn based/action points, no going into real time action mode in any part of battle, from attacking to walking around. I just finished watching the G4 hands on video, and he goes into turn based mode to attack, and it eats AP, but then he goes right back into real time movement and his AP recharges automatically.

I still dont see how the game can fully incorporate two completely different playstyles to the full satisfaction of both parties. If I'm standing pretty close to a guy and its telling me I only have a 20% chance to hit his head, why wouldnt I just manually take that shot?

Saw Ninja Gaiden 2 (NES) and Lufia and The Fortress of Doom today at a pawn shop and bought both.
I'm assuming NG2 is good, but how's Lufia?

As for tomorrow, I wonder if Sony is going to announce anything new. I want to see some Infamous stuff the most. Resistance 2 stuff would be cool too.

I'm sure both will be there. It'll be interesting to see how Sony reacts (and I think "reacting" sums up Sony's business strategies pretty appropriately so far) to MS and SE's news today.

[quote name='gunm']I'm sure both will be there. It'll be interesting to see how Sony reacts (and I think "reacting" sums up Sony's business strategies pretty appropriately so far) to MS and SE's news today.[/QUOTE]

You think Sony didn't know about the game being exclusive until now?

And it will be interesting to see what they try to show. Some new stuff would be great...or another Jak and Daxter :D

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']1) SE is in trouble because they bet big on the wrong horse before the race started and are trying to make the best of the situation.
[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't really call the PS3 the wrong horse - they couldn't go 360 exclusive or they could forget about selling any copies in Japan, and god knows they'd never take the graphical hit by putting it on the Wii.

[quote name='refusedchaos']where was my e3 annoucement from Bandai about Moblie Ops?[/QUOTE]

E3 hasn't even started yet.

[quote name='pete5883']I wouldn't really call the PS3 the wrong horse - they couldn't go 360 exclusive or they could forget about selling any copies in Japan, and god knows they'd never take the graphical hit by putting it on the Wii.
[/quote]
If they knew years ago before they made that decision what the marketshare situation would be today, you better believe they would take that graphical hit. That also goes for most of the third party PS2 brands that made their HD commitment before launch, like DMC4 or RE5.

In both those cases as well, they had no choice but to go 360.

[quote name='Kendal']It sucks. I will take it off your hands! ;) :cool:[/QUOTE]

No way, I paid $2 for it!! That's too much money to just give away.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']If they knew years ago before they made that decision what the marketshare situation would be today, you better believe they would take that graphical hit.[/QUOTE]
I don't agree. By and large I don't think American Wii owners are buying games outside of Mario Kart, Mario Galaxy, Mario Strikers, etc.

[quote name='whoknows']You think Sony didn't know about the game being exclusive until now?

And it will be interesting to see what they try to show. Some new stuff would be great...or another Jak and Daxter :D[/quote]

Oh they knew. The question is, did they know enough in advance to do anything meaningful about it? Do they have enough in the pipe for that to matter? We'll see tomorrow, won't we...

[quote name='whoknows']No way, I paid $2 for it!! That's too much money to just give away.[/quote]

That is a steal and a half! Lucky!

[quote name='gunm']Oh they knew. The question is, did they know enough in advance to do anything meaningful about it? Do they have enough in the pipe for that to matter? We'll see tomorrow, won't we...[/QUOTE]

I'm going to guess they don't have anything that great...maybe due to it though they'll start a Killzone 2 beta and everyone is invited!

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Also I think Fable 2 looks good. I don't care what anyone says.[/quote]

Yeah, it has amazing frozen bird shit effects! :lol:

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']too human is pretty bad... I literally cleared a few rooms standing still and spiining the right stick in circles non-stop. bad.[/quote]

yep. Held the right analog stick forward and demolished a few entire groups without getting hit. The animation is absolutely retarded, as expected. :lol:

"instead of monsters, parents tell their kids stories about ME!" :rofl: you've gotta be. fucking. kidding me. This shit has to stop. Then Tales of Vesperia was a whole new stratosphere of saccharine. Why is video game writing the corniest shit ever?

[quote name='MarkMan']I'm just gonna post pics in my blog, it's a lot more fun...

I love reading everyone's blog though.

NINTENDO SUPER CD[/QUOTE]

same here... it's pretty nice to really see everyone's personality a bit more as well through the blogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back