GGT #66: We present you a new quest. Push button B to select a world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to see those PC numbers.

It must be easy/cheap to port those games, otherwise I don't see why a company would port a single player game to the PC because of the high levels of piracy.

yeah, right. I'm sure a 3 disc PS1 game would fit under 350mb on XBLA. And don't give me this 'they can take out the CG and it'll fit argument' because then the game has no value because you miss out on the story.

[quote name='KingBroly']yeah, right. I'm sure a 3 disc PS1 game would fit under 350mb on XBLA. And don't give me this 'they can take out the CG and it'll fit argument' because then the game has no value because you miss out on the story.[/quote]

They'll just increase the limit again, MS won't give a shit once they start pushing the 200 gb HDD's.

[quote name='zewone']I'd like to see those PC numbers.

It must be easy/cheap to port those games, otherwise I don't see why a company would port a single player game to the PC because of the high levels of piracy.[/QUOTE]
Aren't most games made using PCs? That's probably why.

Ooo, yah 1942 JS tonight!

For whoever was/is in WoW, I finally discovered a use for Arcane Explosion last night. Our party was 3 mages and a 'lock, so after a few rounds of safe single-pull-sheep-the-adds, we decided to just bum rush a camp of mobs, stand in the middle of 'em, and then spam the AoE over and over until all the mobs were dead. You have to sit around to mana up afterwards, but at least you're sitting on a pile of bodies glistening with phat lewtz.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Aren't most games made using PCs? That's probably why.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the work is in place already.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']More FF7 rumors.... Apparently this time it's about FF7 coming to PSN and XBLA.[/QUOTE]
Destructoid's source is PSX Extreme, which loves them some FFVII remake rumors and is shoddy with their sources (the original PlayStation LifeStyle post - which isn't linked to in the PSXE story - mentions nothing about XBLA). Generally, I don't trust them.

Here's what I posted about the rumor earlier today.

anyone who registered for that GTA contest MS was having check ur emails

i just won a year of live :bouncy:

Congratulations! As the official judging organization for the Xbox LIVE GTA IV Promotion, it is our pleasure to inform you that you have been selected as an Eighth Prize winner!

Your prize is a twelve (12) month Xbox LIVE Gold subscription!

Last edited by a moderator:
Gratz Nelo, that's pretty kewl.

Edit: oh hay, I just got a prize too! Not as kewl as 12 months, though:

[quote name='MS GTAIV onlinepromo']Congratulations! As the official judging organization for the Xbox LIVE GTA IV Promotion, it is our pleasure to inform you that you have been selected as a Sixth Prize winner!

Your prize is a one (1) month Xbox LIVE Gold subscription![/quote]

How being a Sixth prize winner translates to less of a Live sub than an Eigth prize winner, I don't know. :p

[quote name='refusedchaos']is $10 good for a complete R-Type Final for ps2?[/QUOTE]

Well, I got R-Type Final for free (this was prior to when I got into shmups... I tried R-Type to see if this was a genre I'd like) and it made me never want to play a shmup again. So I'd say no... it's probably the least enjoyable shmup I've played.

Put that $10 towards something from Cave.

[quote name='KingBroly']yeah, right. I'm sure a 3 disc PS1 game would fit under 350mb on XBLA. And don't give me this 'they can take out the CG and it'll fit argument' because then the game has no value because you miss out on the story.[/quote]Music and video compression are WAY better now than they were when FF7 hit. They could get the same quality as those PS1 discs easily under the XBLA limit. Heck, with the lower resolution, they could shove that thing on a DS cart.

[quote name='Chacrana']Well, I got R-Type Final for free (this was prior to when I got into shmups... I tried R-Type to see if this was a genre I'd like) and it made me never want to play a shmup again. So I'd say no... it's probably the least enjoyable shmup I've played.

Put that $10 towards something from Cave.[/QUOTE]

*whew* thanks, i almost had my GF buy it (im at home sick), got Silent Hill 2 for xbox instead

[quote name='refusedchaos']*whew* thanks, i almost had my GF buy it (im at home sick), got Silent Hill 2 for xbox instead[/QUOTE]

See, now Silent Hill 2 is something you can actually get some enjoyment out of. Good decision.

Unless you hate fog, because if you hate fog you'll probably have some kind of brain explosion playing Silent Hill 2.

[quote name='Chacrana']See, now Silent Hill 2 is something you can actually get some enjoyment out of. Good decision.[/QUOTE]

thanks

[quote name='heavyd853']Unless you hate fog, because if you hate fog you'll probably have some kind of brain explosion playing Silent Hill 2.[/QUOTE]

im used to it

got this in the mail from a certian GGTer....NSFW!!!

SH2 and this made my shitty day of vomiting into a good one;)

NSFW!!!!
100_0881.jpg

[quote name='daroga']Music and video compression are WAY better now than they were when FF7 hit. They could get the same quality as those PS1 discs easily under the XBLA limit. Heck, with the lower resolution, they could shove that thing on a DS cart.[/quote]
also, japanese people suck at compression

i've played crappy h-games that took up 8 gigs!

8 gigs! for a game that is essentially 60 high-res pictures, 8 high-res backgrounds and text! and the voice was on the cd!

*sigh*

The World of Disgaea 2 artbook arrived, but it's damaged and was amazingly badly packaged for Amazon two-day shipping (it arrived in a bubble mailer of all things, which had obviously seen some wear and tear).

Bleah -_- Well, at least Amazon has a good return/exchange policy...

I am cuttin' bishes left and right. I am enjoying TC2. I am going to tear into FFIV that was $40 and is a kick in the nuts because every other game on the DS is $30 or lower. Ever!

Refused, that is pretty sweet. I wish I had one......or 5...... Enjoy! I mean, who sent that shit?

[quote name='blueshinra']The World of Disgaea 2 artbook arrived, but it's damaged and was amazingly badly packaged for Amazon two-day shipping (it arrived in a bubble mailer of all things, which had obviously seen some wear and tear).

Bleah -_- Well, at least Amazon has a good return/exchange policy...[/quote]

I ordered this the other day. It's coming via Super Saver, I hope I don't get a messed up copy as well.

I also ordered the first with it, but it seems like it's out of stock.

Atlus: "We promise to never ship enough!"

I ended up renting Izuna 1. It's pretty hard. I don't know how to describe the game (Never played a Dungeon Crawler of any kind) and it's got some interesting stuff, but...I don't know if I'd call it good. I guess I'll wait on reviews for Izuna 2.

I finished up the Shadow Missions of Sonic 2006 just as my blog post about the game got taken off the most popular postings (it was #1).

So looking back at my Blockbuster receipt I read...
Sega Rally Revo - $15
Stranglehold - $15
Tomb Raider: Legend - $10
Prey - $10
King Kong - $10
Chronicles of Riddick - $5
Coupon - -$10
Coupon - -$10
Coupon - -$5

Ummm.. where's my $5 bud?

So I was going to go tonight but I'm going tomorrow to get my $5 back and I think I'm going to return Riddick and King Kong. Then pick up King Kong, Katamari, FEAR, and Lego Star Wars at a different Blockbuster for only $5 more then I originally spent.

Can't decide to start Tomb Raider or Stranglehold. I think I'm going with Stranglehold.

I'm basically buying all the games I didn't want to spend $60 each on at the time. Now I get them (Sega Rally, Tomb Raider, Katamari, King Kong, Stranglehold, Lego Star Wars 2, FEAR, and Prey) all for $50. Or $6.25 each.

Also about to trial 1942: JS and if all goes well we can get some GGT co-opage.

Toooooo many games.

Computers suck balls.

I think I'll go back to BB and get Fear and Proving ground if they have them. Project 8 got me back into THPS.

1UP: How many people were paying for Gold Games for Windows Live access prior to today's announcement?
KU: We aren't disclosing the numbers -- we don't break out on either the console or Windows -- but I can tell you that, for the people who did sign up for a Gold subscription on Windows and played on Windows, we are proactively refunding their Gold subscription costs as a result of this change. That communication will start going out, probably this week.
Wait, what?

[quote name='nyprimus4']Wait, what?[/QUOTE]
They don't "break out" the numbers of how many paying customers they have.

[quote name='blueshinra']Not to nitpick, but Layton came out at $30 ;)[/QUOTE]
You're right. I think GS was charging 35 for it though.

[quote name='DarthPuma']Computers suck balls.

I think I'll go back to BB and get Fear and Proving ground if they have them. Project 8 got me back into THPS.[/quote]

Project 8 was the best since 3/4, just be sure not to play the next one.

[quote name='refusedchaos']is $10 good for a complete R-Type Final for ps2?[/QUOTE]
Yes. It's a good, classic style shooter. But really.. all you have to know is that it's R-Type. It's pretty slow in pace, so if you're sort of new to shmups, it might be hard to get into. You can't completely rely on twitch reflexes.

I grew up on shooters like R-Type and Gradius, so they're a must buy for me. Also has a ton of ships to unlock and choose from. Check out some YouTube videos.

Agreed with Gabers. R-Type Final is a solid horizontal shmup, but only if you like those type of games. It won't convert anyone not interested in the genre.

I know this is going to fly over alot of people's heads here since they may not be "in the know":

Does anyone think XSeeD is becoming the newer and cooler Atlus?

They easily became my favorite publisher within the span of half a week. such a good lineup.

Also agreed on R-Type Final, I like the crazy variety of ships also.

Does anyone remember why there were 2 different cover art inserts for the original Disgaea?

Grab it!

If you like shmups, you'll like that. If you want a better shmup on PS2 and don't have it already, track down Gradius V. That game is so awesome my PS3 almost explodes everytime I put the disc in to play it.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']

They easily became my favorite publisher within the span of half a week. such a good lineup.[/quote]
Nope... The only game I have played from them was Brave Story(Which is pretty meh). And the other titles from them don't really stand out...

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I know this is going to fly over alot of people's heads here since they may not be "in the know":

They easily became my favorite publisher within the span of half a week. such a good lineup.[/quote]
They are, but only as a result of their partnership with MMV. There isn't a whole lot of stuff they're picking up independently that thrills me. It's all the Marvelous localizations that are making an impression.

[quote name='gunm']Dayum. I'm not one to go solely on reviews, but I admit the GT review of FFIV makes it so much more tempting, even though I already have the GBA version that I haven't started yet.[/QUOTE]

I hated the GBA port. It's choppy and the cursor lags. The battles are also very strange as enemies sometimes get way more attacks than they should. I realize it's supposed to be different from the original Super Nintendo release but it isn't even similar to the PSX port of FF IV.

Praying that the severe thunderstorm watch/flash flood watch/flood advisory means that the subway isn't going to run tomorrow which means I get to stay home tomorrow and play some of my new games. About to throw down some Stranglehold.

Grabbed Pursuit Force Extreme Justice and Space Invaders Extreme with that 20% off GS coupon. I've been playing both all day...reminds me why I love my PSP and handheld games in general.

What's in the pipe for Xseed? Last I heard, they had several mediocre JRPGs for PSP. Reminds me I still haven't started Brave Story. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back