GGT #66: We present you a new quest. Push button B to select a world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if it was an input, it's not like your Windows operating system is going to pop up a "Found New Hardware" Wizard, say it found a PS3, and then ask you if you want to record your gaming session.

It has to go through your video card in some capacity in order for you to capture footage.

Last night was just tradeskillin' and chillin' in WoW. I ended up playing Joint Strike and GTAIV to get my kill on.

[quote name='BlueLobstah']Nostalgia is probably a bitch, but I've been waiting for a remake on VI for a long time, since it was my first RPG and I have very fond memories of it.[/quote]

not a bitch at all. I'm playing VI Advance and its still tops. The pacing is better than any JRPG I've ever played.

[quote name='ArthurDigbySellers']Even if it was an input, it's not like your Windows operating system is going to pop up a "Found New Hardware" Wizard, say it found a PS3, and then ask you if you want to record your gaming session.

It has to go through your video card in some capacity in order for you to capture footage.[/quote]

No clue why but that made me rofl.

That was a good waste of an hour. You are welcome. :D I am going to go do some Wii Fit outside. I am going to WiiWalk around the block. Then WiiShower.

NES.

[quote name='ninja dog']not a bitch at all. I'm playing VI Advance and its still tops. The pacing is better than any JRPG I've ever played.[/quote]
Nostalgia just gave me the motivation to finish VI Advance, whereas I had to stop in IV Advance at the Magnetic Cave cause that place annoys me.

One of my favorite locations in IV was the Cave of Summon Monsters, but damn is that place a bitch.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Are FF I-VI all on GBA?

EDIT: Except III obviously.[/quote]

yes.

I'd only buy a VI remake if they left it 2d rather than disgrace it with all this 3D garbage. And, only if they left the music alone. The music in VI was sooooo amazing, then they go and fuck it up with the advance version.

[quote name='botticus']Nostalgia just gave me the motivation to finish VI Advance, whereas I had to stop in IV Advance at the Magnetic Cave cause that place annoys me.[/quote]
magnet cave was hard?

i just remember running from every single battle.
the boss was kinda easy if you could stick it with "weak" or whatever they've changed it to now.

[quote name='SL4IN']
I'd only buy a VI remake if they left it 2d rather than disgrace it with all this 3D garbage. And, only if they left the music alone. The music in VI was sooooo amazing, then they go and fuck it up with the advance version.[/quote]

The 2D games are great and all, but the 3D designs on DS look really good.

I would love to see a compilation of these 3D FF games on a home console.

[quote name='SL4IN']I'd only buy a VI remake if they left it 2d rather than disgrace it with all this 3D garbage. And, only if they left the music alone. The music in VI was sooooo amazing, then they go and fuck it up with the advance version.[/QUOTE]

Was the music screw up due to the GBA sound chip?

IV & VI have some of the best music in the series IMHO, so I would be very disappointed if a remake messed around with it too much. Thankfully, the DS's sound chip seems to be much better and can at least handle anything up to SNES quality.

I don't remember much from IV though, since it's been years since I've played it, and I don't believe I played it to completion. I recall reaching
the moon
but don't remember actually getting past that, so I do look forward to picking up the remake eventually.

[quote name='Krymner']Well, changing the main villain's name from "X-Death" would be a good start.[/QUOTE]
I've usually seen his name translated as "Exdeath" *shrug*

FFV's story is simple and fairly generic, but at least it lacks the nonsensicality that a couple of the later games have. Besides, it's one of those RPGs you play mainly for the gameplay itself; the job system is awesome, and the main quests, sidequests, and boss battles are really well done. The music is great as well.

Just my two pennies. It's pretty low-key for a Final Fantasy, but that's what I like about it.

Switched Riddick out for Beautiful Katmari at Blockbuster. I walk into BB and see a dyke reading a comic or newspaper while sitting on top of the counter. I don't see much in the way of video games at first before I walk over to the game section. I look up from the games and see another worker sitting on a chair next to the counter in a deep sleep. They probably had half a shelf worth of used 360 games, then 4-5 end caps, then 3 plastic baskets worth of assorted PS3/360/Wii/GCN/XBX/PS2 games and absolutely nothing was organized. Probably took me 20 minutes to find BK. Grabbed some Gummiburst Starbust to see what the fuss is about with that new commercial and also got two Airhead Extremes for good measure.

More Stranglehold!

Pics of recent pickups coming soon.

I've been slowly playing through FF5a, after owning the PS1 version but never being able to finish it. I'm on the
third world
and I'm going to go fight
Bahamut
next time I play. I really love how the story is simple and the gameplay is outstanding.

I'm terrible with ebay. What should I set the starting price at for the linux comp in my tl?

They need to make a retail version of Phun.

What's happening, ggters?

Took a much needed break from gta4 today...turns out Drill Dozer is a pretty good action/platformer. Go figure: it has bosses that are actually challenging!

downloaded Pixeljunk Monsters since it finally went on sale today like I was predicting... even though I am super tight on money right now. Only on sale for a week so I couldn't pass it up.

[quote name='SL4IN']Damn you Criterion!

360 Burnout Paradise update delayed until August 4th. :([/quote]

2 days before Bungie's big one...err, annoucement!

Didn't play too much this week. Boo. But I am stoked that FFXIII is coming to PC. I be getting that fo'sho.

I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but will GS have SoulCalibur IV on Tuesday?

[quote name='Foo228']What's happening, ggters?

Took a much needed break from gta4 today...turns out Drill Dozer is a pretty good action/platformer. Go figure: it has bosses that are actually challenging![/quote]

Drill Dozer rocks. I would like to see a sequel for DS or even WiiWare.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']But I am stoked that FFXIII is coming to PC. I be getting that fo'sho.[/quote]

:shock:

Can you say late 2009 release at the very earliest? Most probably 2010.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Didn't play too much this week. Boo. But I am stoked that FFXIII is coming to PC. I be getting that fo'sho.

I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but will GS have SoulCalibur IV on Tuesday?[/quote]
My guess is no. Unless they got them in early.

[quote name='ArthurDigbySellers']Drill Dozer rocks. I would like to see a sequel for DS or even WiiWare.[/quote]

I agree that there should be a newer game out, it would even work on psp. :)

[quote name='Kendal']My guess is no. Unless they got them in early.[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping they will, since all the BB/CC ads say the 29th. But I have it preordered at GS, so they better have it that day. . .

[quote name='Kendal']My guess is no. Unless they got them in early.[/QUOTE]
Well you'd be wrong. GS will have the game on the 29th. In fact most stores have it already. It shipped out last Tuesday.

Toys N Joys here in Hawaii was selling them from this past weekend, I heard.

But I ordered the CE from amazon for $40, so I don't mind waiting.

[quote name='willardhaven']40 for the collector's edition?[/QUOTE]
Yeah. It was a pricing mistake. I guess they're honoring it for some people.

Wario Land looks really good. Something to look forward to this fall!

Tempted to grab Blast Works for $20, but I'm not sure if it will get more playtime than the usual shooter (a few hours). Anyone have it to comment on the community aspect after a couple months?

I played a round of Warhawk today, closing in 500 points (I'm at 415) which is a rank up. About 3 more games of Collection and I should have it (because you can easily get 25-40 points per match). Also played some more Sonic 2006. It's hilariously bad and frustrating at the same time. So...I'm compelled to play it.

Also got PJM and Pain for less than $10 total. You have to complete Pain's crash course before you can do anything, and if you stop in the middle of it, you gotta start again >_<

Also made a new blog entry about going back to formula. I tried to be a bit more funny with this one. Don't know if it worked or not.

I'll probably hang onto it. Although, you could go down to Best Buy and get it. The last time I was at my Best Buy, I kid you not, in the bargain aisle, they had at least 50 copies of the PS3 version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back