GGT #66: We present you a new quest. Push button B to select a world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='DarthPuma']I want SC4 and an arcade stick soooobad. I guess I'll be trading in uncharted. Gotta beat it this weekend. :([/quote]
Use the Gamestop.com online finder to locate a Hori EX2 360 stick. They have the price as $60 in the system but they used to sell them for $40 and my box still had the $40 sticker on it so the guy marked it down for me. Unless your competitive with fighters, meaning going to tournaments and stuff, this stick is really good.

[quote name='botticus']They are, but only as a result of their partnership with MMV. There isn't a whole lot of stuff they're picking up independently that thrills me. It's all the Marvelous localizations that are making an impression.[/QUOTE]

true, but apparently they have built a very good friendship with marvelous. The fact that they are godo buddies means alot of stuff that would never be released in the US actually will be. I'm still waiting for them to officially announce Flower Sun And Rain to come to the US.

Thanks! I probably will have to wait a few weeks to get the stick, but I'm getting the game on release for sure. Haven't been excited for a fighter in a long time!

[quote name='willardhaven']It's FF IV, how could you have any doubts?[/quote]

Sloppy shitty port job. See: Chrono Trigger (PSX).

Jesus, imagine you have a game where the battle system consists solely of selecting menu items. Now, about 25% of the time when you select a menu item, nothing happens. While nothing's happening, the enemy hits you and you die. This is the problem with FFIV GBA.

I just finished watching Carnivale. I think HBO should be brought up on criminal charges for canceling it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='willardhaven']It's not a port though.[/quote]

Split dick hairs. Seriously. I had small reservations, almost none. But in the past, some games have known to have major flaws. I was wondering if this had any.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']I want to watch Carnivale, but last time I checked the DVDs are ridiculously overpriced.[/QUOTE]

funny you guys mention it... my dad started watching it last week and he's engrossed with it. looks good, but not my type of show.

Honestly, I was put off by the "harder difficulty" FFIV DS was purported to have in the initial dev interviews, but GT explained how the difficulty was handled very succinctly, and I think I can live with it. Gonna pick the game up for sure now, but just going to wait for a price drop first.

[quote name='gunm']Reminds me I still haven't started Brave Story. :p[/quote]
You're not missing out on anything by not playing that game.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']I want to watch Carnivale, but last time I checked the DVDs are ridiculously overpriced.[/QUOTE]
BB had them for 19.99/season a couple times in the last few months.

Does every WRPG follow the formula of "travel for a while, get to a big town where everyone has a problem you need to solve, solving them gets you almost nothing"?

[quote name='gunm']Honestly, I was put off by the "harder difficulty" FFIV DS was purported to have in the initial dev interviews, but GT explained how the difficulty was handled very succinctly, and I think I can live with it. Gonna pick the game up for sure now, but just going to wait for a price drop first.[/quote]
I just hope it's not as hard as FF3 DS was... as much as I liked the game I need to stop after a while since it became to grind heavy.

Yeah grinding is kind of lame... a good JRPG has enough encounters (preferably non-random) that you should be able to handle the boss if you have the proper strategy.

I've been playing Maximo Vs. The Army of Zin. It's an awesome game that really improves on all the things I disliked in the first game.

[quote name='gunm']What's in the pipe for Xseed? Last I heard, they had several mediocre JRPGs for PSP. Reminds me I still haven't started Brave Story. :p[/quote]

XSEED and Marvelous:
:wii: Arc Rise Fantasia (Possible)
:wii: Little King's Story
:wii: Rune Factory Frontier
:ds: Avalon Code
:psp: Valhalla Knights 2

XSEED Only:
:ds: KORG DS-10
:ds: Retro Game Challenge
:ds: Populous DS

Marvelous Looking for Publishers for:
:ds: Lux Pain
:ds: Flower, Sun, and Rain
:ps3::360: Rainy Woods (possibly with XSEED)

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']I just hope it's not as hard as FF3 DS was... as much as I liked the game I need to stop after a while since it became to grind heavy.[/quote]
FFIII was just sticking with the NES FF difficulty. Friggin' hour-long endgame.

Someone convince me to get FFIV now. I'm probably a week away from finishing EO2 so if I wait till then, the CC deal will be over and I'll be stuck paying $40 for it (and even with gift cards, $40 is painful). Though I suppose I'm only doing the CC deal if I can PM it at Best Buy. Don't have any use for CC gift cards.

The alternative to FFIV would be... I dunno, Summon Night? Not sure what else I've skipped on buying in the last 6 months. Or I could just go back to some half-finished GBA games and wait for price drops.

[quote name='botticus']FFIII was just sticking with the NES FF difficulty. Friggin' hour-long endgame.

Someone convince me to get FFIV now. I'm probably a week away from finishing EO2 so if I wait till then, the CC deal will be over and I'll be stuck paying $40 for it (and even with gift cards, $40 is painful). Though I suppose I'm only doing the CC deal if I can PM it at Best Buy. Don't have any use for CC gift cards.

The alternative to FFIV would be... I dunno, Summon Night? Not sure what else I've skipped on buying in the last 6 months. Or I could just go back to some half-finished GBA games and wait for price drops.[/quote]

FFIV is like fellatio for the soul.

I'm interested in XSEED's Retro Game Challenge for the DS. The Japanese version got pretty good reviews. There's a great preview over at Nintendojo.

I'm doing a little griding just outside of Zanarkand in FFX. I want to get Lulu's Flare spell and Yuna's Holy before moving on.

[quote name='Kendal']FFIV is like fellatio for the soul.[/quote]
Sold.

I'll just pretend that my early support means FFVI DS will be out sooner.

:whistle2:(

[quote name='botticus']FFIII was just sticking with the NES FF difficulty. Friggin' hour-long endgame.[/quote]

Nahhhh
FF3 on the NES was way easier than FF3 for the DS. There is way too much unnecessary grinding on the DS. The NES version, I hardly recall any grinding but for the DS, my monk doesn't do any damage until he skills up? wtf.

Well I think IV has a better story than VI, but I know I'm in the minority.

A 3D remake of VI would be so cool, you guys are making me want to spend full price on FF IV.

[quote name='botticus']
I'll just pretend that my early support means FFVI DS will be out sooner.

:whistle2:([/quote]

Yeah, I hope Square skips the FFV remake and goes straight to the FFVI remake.

God Linux is a bitch. I'll be happy when I get this piece gone and get my laptop.

Digging postholes tomorrow night, dad is paying me 100 bucks and more if it takes another day. I'm getting SC4 fosho now.

[quote name='Krymner']I'm interested in XSEED's Retro Game Challenge for the DS. The Japanese version got pretty good reviews. There's a great preview over at Nintendojo.[/quote]

Yeah, me too.

Good morning GGT.

Hope to finish the rest of the extra achievement crap in Alone in the Dark today so I can finish the final chapter.

[quote name='willardhaven']Well I think IV has a better story than VI, but I know I'm in the minority.[/QUOTE]
I agree with you. I never could get into VI. Never understood why people like it so much. FFIV is vastly superior.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I agree with you. I never could get into VI. Never understood why people like it so much. FFIV is vastly superior.[/quote]

VI is the one where you start in the mech-type things amiright? I never could get into that game. IV DS was kicking my ass until I got Tellah, I don't remember him being so powerful.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I agree with you. I never could get into VI. Never understood why people like it so much. FFIV is vastly superior.[/quote]
The rest of the world is similarly clueless how FFIV can be considered better than VI. It happens!

I don't really know why I prefer VI, especially considering I played (though did not finish) IV first. VI just had a much deeper back story and the fact that your party wasn't set for you gave you a lot more flexibility in how you played through it.

[quote name='botticus']The rest of the world is similarly clueless how FFIV can be considered better than VI. It happens![/QUOTE]
I don't know if I'd say the rest of the world. I think a good number of people like IV better than VI.

[quote name='botticus']I don't really know why I prefer VI, especially considering I played (though did not finish) IV first. VI just had a much deeper back story and the fact that your party wasn't set for you gave you a lot more flexibility in how you played through it.[/quote]I still havent opened VI to play it. But IV... I'm looking forward to it for the DS because I loved III with the jobs and the character models.

But I never liked IV. Rosa and Cecil ...I felt bad for Kain.

[quote name='Krymner']Yeah, I hope Square skips the FFV remake and goes straight to the FFVI remake.[/QUOTE]

Hear hear.

I'm going to try and hold off on IV DS for as long as I can, but I don't know if I'll be able to. Going to a wedding across the country in August, and it'll be nice to have something new to play. It's either IV or FFTA2.

I just removed two bullet fragments from a heart. I am the shit. I wish someone would make a good anime game on a next gen console. Gantz would make an awesome co-op game.

[quote name='Krymner']Yeah, I hope Square skips the FFV remake and goes straight to the FFVI remake.[/QUOTE]
Blasphemer!

[quote name='willardhaven']Haha nobody wants V... but only time will tell.[/QUOTE]
Blasphemer!!

*cough*

In case it wasn't obvious, FFV is one of my favorites of the series, and one that (amazingly enough) I absolutely wouldn't mind a remake of :razz:

Nostalgia is probably a bitch, but I've been waiting for a remake on VI for a long time, since it was my first RPG and I have very fond memories of it.

FFV was okay for the gameplay. The job system was actually done pretty good, and I even prefer it to FFIII.

It's just the story. I have a big problem with it. It sucked. The characters were uninteresting, the main villian was uninteresting, and the whole plot was uninteresting. Just one big pile of "meh".

But if Squeenix could remake it with the extra story touches like they've done with FFIV, then maybe it will be okay. It would just need a TON of story touch-ups to make it anywhere near as interesting as FFIV & FFVI.

[quote name='Krymner']FFV was okay for the gameplay. The job system was actually done pretty good, and I even prefer it to FFIII.

It's just the story. I have a big problem with it. It sucked. The characters were uninteresting, the main villian was uninteresting, and the whole plot was uninteresting. Just one big pile of "meh".

But if Squeenix could remake it with the extra story touches like they've done with FFIV, then maybe it will be okay. It would just need a TON of story touch-ups to make it anywhere near as interesting as FFIV & FFVI.[/quote]
Let's just pretend optimistically that 80% of the story was cut for the US release (even though it's pretty similar to the translated ROM I played years ago, from what I remember, and it's an odd-numbered game which means story = zero), and that a remake would make it infinitely more entertaining.

IV has always been my favorite. But VI and III are not far behind.

I enjoy when they keep the difficulty high. Yet there is an important distinction between difficulty and cheapness. Endless grinding falls under cheapness.

[quote name='botticus']Let's just pretend optimistically that 80% of the story was cut for the US release (even though it's pretty similar to the translated ROM I played years ago, from what I remember, and it's an odd-numbered game which means story = zero), and that a remake would make it infinitely more entertaining.[/quote]

Well, changing the main villain's name from "X-Death" would be a good start.

I've been wondering this for a while now. Since my computer has an HDMI port, is it possible to hookup a PS3 or 360 up to it and play and capture footage from games that way opposed to using a capture card/gamebridge?

Well it just says "HDMI" on the port, and I can't really find anything in the manual about saying which type it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back