GGT #66: We present you a new quest. Push button B to select a world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice setup daroga. How's the Onkyo 606 treating you? I have the 605, and the only thing I want that the 606 has is the extra 2 HDMI ports. My review : It's badass.

That den looks extremely cozy and functional. What more could you ask for? Only nitpick is that the walls look kind of plain. A warm color on the walls would make it the ultimate comfy.

Looks like you're getting settled in quickly, Daroga. But I thought you were gonna do those super mario blik thingys. Decided against them?

[quote name='daroga']Promised pictures!

http://picasaweb.google.com/daroga/Den

Everything's not completely done. The curtains need some attention and we'll be getting RR's stuff up when it's done. But I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out :)[/QUOTE]

Nice, I can see exactly what you mean by the framed pics being a better look.

sweet! I'm more motivated now :)

I've gots a test tomorrow (gah more evil spanish) and I'll be helping my sisters move in this weekend... thankfully next week is the last week of summer classes and I'll be able to chill out playing SCIV (comes out the day of my final) and do all the art I haven't been able to do :) yay!

[quote name='suko_32']Requested item not found...[/quote]

This better?

I have bowling, and while I haven't played hardly any of it what I have seems kinda fun. For 5 bucks it's a decent party game.

I'm acquiring a decent PSN collection! Gotta love gamesharing.

EDIT: Oh fuck it, it's the sony vaio on the front page of slick deals.
If I can move my comp tonight, it's ordered. If not I'm waiting 3 days for ebay.

1942 has made me discover a love of shmups I didn't know I had.

I wanna go buy Ikaruga and Triggerheart over on the sexbox now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice set up Daroga. It reminds me I need an A/V line conditioner. I have surge protectors and UPSes, but I'd like a little extra piece of mind.

RR, the Nyko Wiimote charge kit works well, and I'd recommend it if you don't want to wait or pay the inevitable premium for the "first party" charge kit.

I'd play co-op Joint Strike with you Darthpuma, but I have the 360 version. And I'm in another timezone.

And speaking of SDCC, my buddy is going and I asked him to get Kristen Kreuk and/or Olivia Munn's autograph. Apparently, AoTS autos are by lottery, so I'm not getting my hopes up, but if he can come through, I'll post the pics.

I wish I could go because I'm curious about that DC Universe MMO among other things...

Oh shit, God of War CoO is fucking lovely.

I've got the first Condemned coming from Gamefly. I hope it's all that like everyone says it is.

[quote name='Jest']Well Taylor was it worth your $1.70?[/quote]

Yeah, I got roughly the same level of enjoyment out of it I do with a pack of Stride, so It's pretty even.

The expansion looks really cool, too.

How do you save after each level in 1942?

Comic-Con 2008 is owning me up. I'll post up all day tomorrow when I'm bored we have free wifi set up in our game room.

Guess who visited our game room today? Will post pics tomorrow!

Look out for us on G4TV's AOTS coverage!

[quote name='gunm']Nice set up Daroga. It reminds me I need an A/V line conditioner. I have surge protectors and UPSes, but I'd like a little extra piece of mind.

RR, the Nyko Wiimote charge kit works well, and I'd recommend it if you don't want to wait or pay the inevitable premium for the "first party" charge kit.

I'd play co-op Joint Strike with you Darthpuma, but I have the 360 version. And I'm in another timezone.

And speaking of SDCC, my buddy is going and I asked him to get Kristen Kreuk and/or Olivia Munn's autograph. Apparently, AoTS autos are by lottery, so I'm not getting my hopes up, but if he can come through, I'll post the pics.

I wish I could go because I'm curious about that DC Universe MMO among other things...[/QUOTE]

yeah, but the official charger seems to have umlimited battery use alongside nothing to plug it into to. it uses magnetic waves to charge up.

also, nice MM :)

[quote name='MarkMan']Comic-Con 2008 is owning me up. I'll post up all day tomorrow when I'm bored we have free wifi set up in our game room.

Guess who visited our game room today? Will post pics tomorrow!

Look out for us on G4TV's AOTS coverage![/quote]

Was it Jesus? Godzilla!?

Tetris Evolution for 360 was worse than I thought, and I had a pretty low expectation for it too! I'm gonna return it tomorrow.

randomness but I always like looking at how dev kits look like. I hope from a year from now to own one of these thanks to a friend and I:

Wii_Dev_Kit_1.JPG

Wii_Dev_Kit_5.JPG

Wii_Dev_Kit_6.JPG

Wii_Dev_Kit_7.JPG

Wii_Dev_Kit_8.JPG

Wii_Dev_Kit_9.JPG

[quote name='SL4IN']I just crushed a guy in magic online...[/QUOTE]

Well I just beat a guy in Yu-Gi-Oh DS online, so take that.

Is there something wrong with me playing a digital representation of a children's card game at this age? I only play the DS games, I promise! :whistle2:(

Argh, WoW is taking me away from console gaming! Damn WoW.

I did grab the Virtuosity track pack for GHIII and PJM off PSN, though. :p

[quote name='MarkMan']Comic-Con 2008 is owning me up. I'll post up all day tomorrow when I'm bored we have free wifi set up in our game room.[/quote]If you can get anything signed by the MST3k/cinematic titanic crew I'll give you a cookie. Or a whole lot of cookies. hundr- THOUSANDS of COOKIES!!! Or... I dunno, name a reasonable CAG-type price.

coleco.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']randomness but I always like looking at how dev kits look like. I hope from a year from now to own one of these thanks to a friend and I:

Wii_Dev_Kit_1.JPG
[/QUOTE]
I've played an Elebits demo on one of those! It was at Konami's booth at DigitalLife, the summer before the Wii came out. Assumed it was a dev unit at the time; guess I was right.

[quote name='botticus']Time to blame Japanese Wii owners if Wario Land is the last 2D console platformer. Bomba.[/QUOTE]
I really want Wario Land to do well. I wanted this game even before I found out that Production I.G worked on it.

[quote name='botticus']Time to blame Japanese Wii owners if Wario Land is the last 2D console platformer. Bomba.[/QUOTE]

Hasn't the game only been released for a day or two? I will be seriously disappointed if its sales prove to be dismal.

Started to play Radiata Stories a couple of days ago, I'm surprised I haven't seen more on this game before. The combat system is kind of a button masher, but the world is very lively and interesting. The amount of characters to recruit remind me a bit of Suikoden.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Nice setup daroga. How's the Onkyo 606 treating you? I have the 605, and the only thing I want that the 606 has is the extra 2 HDMI ports. My review : It's badass.[/quote]It's really, really nice. The pairing of it with the Polk RM705 set is just the perfect amount of power for the space. The subwoofer in the back there is in a sweet spot so the whole room rumbles well. I popped in Uncharted to play yesterday afternoon and was blown away, sound wise.

[quote name='nyprimus4']That den looks extremely cozy and functional. What more could you ask for? Only nitpick is that the walls look kind of plain. A warm color on the walls would make it the ultimate comfy.[/quote]One of the things that surprised us when we got there based on former pictures is that the walls are a panneling, not dry wall, so paint on them is questionable at best. The curtains will be getting a red back sheet to go along with the couch which will brighten that up, and then RR's pieces will be hung around the room in some manner, which should brighten things up and make it look more interesting :)

[quote name='guinaevere']Looks like you're getting settled in quickly, Daroga. But I thought you were gonna do those super mario blik thingys. Decided against them?[/quote]Yeah, I'm not sure with the panneling how well they'd stick. But even so, I think the things RR is doing will make it sufficiently nerdy down there but also make it a bit classy.

But, if anyone has any other thoughts for how to make the space pop a bit or be more interesting, let me know! :)

[quote name='BlueLobstah']Hasn't the game only been released for a day or two? I will be seriously disappointed if its sales prove to be dismal.
[/quote]
10k the first day is awful. Maybe it'll have abnormally high sales the rest of the week, but for comparison, the less-than-stellar Wario: Master of Disguise on DS sold 90k its first week.

[quote name='daroga']
One of the things that surprised us when we got there based on former pictures is that the walls are a panneling, not dry wall, so paint on them is questionable at best. The curtains will be getting a red back sheet to go along with the couch which will brighten that up, and then RR's pieces will be hung around the room in some manner, which should brighten things up and make it look more interesting :)[/quote]It's probably not worth it now that you're already settled in there, but I imagine if you find out what kind of paneling it is you could probably find a paint that would work on it.

[quote name='suko_32']Tetris Evolution for 360 was worse than I thought, and I had a pretty low expectation for it too! I'm gonna return it tomorrow.[/quote]

WTF? They did a retail release of Tetris on 360? fucking why?

[quote name='suko_32']Well I just beat a guy in Yu-Gi-Oh DS online, so take that.

Is there something wrong with me playing a digital representation of a children's card game at this age? I only play the DS games, I promise! :whistle2:([/quote]

Not at all. Hell I still play the actual physical card games. I just have a thing for TCGs and other tabletop games in general , even if I never have anyone to play against.:cry:

Because of that I have been trying to thin down my collection of cards and replacing them with digital versions for the games that actually have them (Yugioh , Marvel/DC VS , Fullmetal Alchemist , and maybe Magic but I haven't decided on that yet). I really wish nintendo would release a new updated version of the Pokemon TCG video game. The original was good and seemed to sell well , as pretty much anything pokemon does;) , so why nintendo never made another one is anyones guess. It would be even easier for them now since they don't have to go through WOTC for licensing issues since the handle the TCG completly themselves now through Pokemon USA.

I'm still surprised that those card games still sell. But that is a good idea, SK. I never played the Pokemon TCG game. I think there was, what, two GameBoy games based on it?

I downloaded the first 4 episodes of Siren: Blood Curse this morning. I think I'm gonna wait to play this at night sometime this weekend. Turn off all the lights and see if it can spook me.

I also downloaded and played the demo for PixelJunk Eden. Maybe I just don't get the point, but it seemed rather boring.

TCG games still sell well these days. Magic has been around since like '97 I believe and Magic the Gathering Online is so profitable for WOTC that it's ridiculous. I still play paper magic in addition to online magic, but as time goes by, it just gets easier and easier to stay online only since there's always someone to play with and the cards 90% are tons cheaper than buying individuals in paper.

[quote name='daroga']But even so, I think the things RR is doing will make it sufficiently nerdy down there but also make it a bit classy.[/quote]RR? Is Rolento doing some art for your gameroom?

But, if anyone has any other thoughts for how to make the space pop a bit or be more interesting, let me know! :)
I always like the cardboard standees and those big cardboard display boxes from EB to decorate a dead corner or section in the entertainment room.

I was just watching those SF4 trailers that were put up on PSN... I want it now. All the SF4 is pretty cool as well.

Can someone explain the difference between 720i and 720p?

Kojima always strikes me as way too tiny and young to be... Kojima. Although he's Asian, which I guess explains both of these.

[quote name='KingBroly']720i doesn't exist[/quote]
You're right.... Thats what happens when I'm not paying attention to what I'm reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back