GGT 84 Bought Killzone 3 And Regrets It Like Last Night :(

So I buy a game at GameStop today used on PS2 because I regret getting rid of it (.Hack//INFECTION). It was kept in great shape, but said it lacked the bonus DVD when I bought it. I said ok, I just want to play the game again. Well, when I booted it onto my PS2, it turned out to be the DVD and not the game itself. While I like the DVD, I wanted the game too. Time to go back out to GameStop, UGH.

Liking KZ3. About to try out my sharpshooter with my PS Move.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']So I buy a game at GameStop today used on PS2 because I regret getting rid of it (.Hack//INFECTION)..[/QUOTE]

Yuck, I tried to play that game but I just couldn't get into it; like the concept is interesting but the execution is awful (randomly generated dungeons just got so monotonous combined with very simple combat that I was bored of it really fast). At the same time I watched all of .Hack//Sign and felt the exact same way about it, like the concept is good but the execution of the plot in the anime is fairly bad, I also wasn't that impressed with how the ending was handled. With the combination of not liking the gameplay and determining that if the story was anything like .Hack//Sign the series was really going to disappoint me I just cut my loses and stopped without even finishing the first game in the series.

[quote name='icebeast']Yuck, I tried to play that game but I just couldn't get into it; like the concept is interesting but the execution is awful (randomly generated dungeons just got so monotonous that I couldn't play it). At the same time I watched all of .Hack//Sign and felt the exact same way about it, like the concept is good but the execution of the plot in the anime is fairly bad, I also wasn't that impressed with how the ending was handled. With the combination of not liking the gameplay and determining that if the story was anything like .Hack//Sign the series was really going to disappoint me I just cut my loses and stopped without even finishing the first game in the series.[/QUOTE]I prefer .Hack//GU greatly, but I still enjoyed INFECTION a little (.Hack//SIGN is one of my favorite animes).

[quote name='icebeast']Yuck, I tried to play that game but I just couldn't get into it; like the concept is interesting but the execution is awful (randomly generated dungeons just got so monotonous that I couldn't play it). At the same time I watched all of .Hack//Sign and felt the exact same way about it, like the concept is good but the execution of the plot in the anime is fairly bad, I also wasn't that impressed with how the ending was handled. With the combination of not liking the gameplay and determining that if the story was anything like .Hack//Sign the series was really going to disappoint me I just cut my loses and stopped without even finishing the first game in the series.[/QUOTE]

Lol, the .hack anime was fucking awful. I got through three of the original .hack series of games, but never played the fourth... don't really regret it either. They were kinda fun, but nowhere near great. The ideal game to play over Summer or Christmas break when you have nothing better to do.

Fun fact: If you go into the first person view mode in one of the towns in .hack, look up at the sky. It's just a black hole. The world is just a cube that you're inside. They didn't anticipate people doing that, so they cheaped out.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']:rofl:

If there are any apartment complexes nearby, Joel, that's where you want to be![/QUOTE]
I'm on an army base, all the houses are made super close together, as I type this from my bedroom I have 19 network signals that my PSP can sense. I'm going to take a walk around the 2-3 blocks of my street today and get lots of soldiers!

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']People LIKE the triple controller? Sounds like they're suffering from a bad case of the wrongies.[/QUOTE]
I know, right? I can only use it for fighters. Anything else makes me want a Gamecube/360 controller.

And props Icebeezy for the Black and Yellow! If I was here I would've posted it :cool:

I like the DS3 controller.

Except when games force me to use the R2 and L2 as triggers *Looks at Bioshock and RDR.*

x360 RB and LB are jokes for being called "buttons." Those things are far worse than R2/L2. The x360 does feel the best, but those fucking shoulder clickers are NOT fuckING BUTTONS!

The 360 controller is great for a lotta different games, but sucks for anything that uses the d-pad. Dual Shock 3 is worse than the Dual Shock 2, which is just retarded. The Wiimote is not a controller, it is an impediment.

CONCLUSION: Go buy a PC.

[quote name='Chacrana']Lol, the .hack anime was fucking awful. I got through three of the original .hack series of games, but never played the fourth... don't really regret it either. They were kinda fun, but nowhere near great. The ideal game to play over Summer or Christmas break when you have nothing better to do.

Fun fact: If you go into the first person view mode in one of the towns in .hack, look up at the sky. It's just a black hole. The world is just a cube that you're inside. They didn't anticipate people doing that, so they cheaped out.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I never got into the anime. But I didn't enjoy the first 2 games... but I played all 4. I did play some of G.U. when TRU had it on sale for $9 a few year ago and thought it was garbage.

[quote name='Chacrana']
CONCLUSION: Go buy a PC.[/QUOTE]

Planning on it. Hoping to play me some BF3 and Deus Ex on the PC. Just like the good old days. Then once Diablo 3 comes out; shit doubt I'll have time to post here.

As for anime, I went to three Anime Expo's. After turning 18 I looked at my collection and was like "This stuff is pure shit." Most anime is crap, there are still some that are awesome. I also blame Love Hina for not getting as much ass as I should have in high school.

[quote name='Chacrana']The 360 controller is great for a lotta different games, but sucks for anything that uses the d-pad. Dual Shock 3 is worse than the Dual Shock 2, which is just retarded. The Wiimote is not a controller, it is an impediment.

CONCLUSION: Go buy a PC.[/QUOTE]
I can't say I have any problems with the DS3, though I've only played on an Xbox or a 360 a handful of times, so it feels strange for me to use it anyway.

But yeah, PC master race.

[quote name='j-cart']Planning on it. Hoping to play me some BF3 and Deus Ex on the PC. Just like the good old days. Then once Diablo 3 comes out; shit doubt I'll have time to post here.

As for anime, I went to three Anime Expo's. After turning 18 I looked at my collection and was like "This stuff is pure shit." Most anime is crap, there are still some that are awesome. I also blame Love Hina for not getting as much ass as I should have in high school.[/QUOTE]

PC gaming is for the gays~

I went to one AX and had a ton of fun. Saw a few cute cosplayers... wish I had the guts to asks for pictures back then.

Joel: I think the RB/LB button as a bit strange. But I still think they are much better than the PS3 R2 and L2 "triggers"

[quote name='j-cart']I like the DS3 controller.

Except when games force me to use the R2 and L2 as triggers *Looks at Bioshock and RDR.*

x360 RB and LB are jokes for being called "buttons." Those things are far worse than R2/L2. The x360 does feel the best, but those fucking shoulder clickers are NOT fuckING BUTTONS![/QUOTE]

My feeling on the bumpers is about the same as the DS3 triggers. If they are over used its obnoxious, but for things you only click occasionally its not too bad.

The only problem with the 360pad is the d-pad. The d-pad is only used for fighters (which you might as well use an arcade stick for) and stupid shit (which is stupid). I buy my fighters on PS3 but only because that's where my sticks are.

Due to weather I've decided to say goodbye to the surface world, living in an underground silo instead.

[quote name='panzerfaust']PC is the way to go.

Unless you're a hardcore FPS player -- in that case 360 analogs all the way.[/QUOTE]

See this Troll Necklace?

265980946_tp.jpg

I'm immune to your trolling. Unless we play in Nightmare difficulty with a full party. Then I am only 33.3% immune.

I'm just kidding. 360 is where the shooters are at. DAT CoD!

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']
Joel: I think the RB/LB button as a bit strange. But I still think they are much better than the PS3 R2 and L2 "triggers"[/QUOTE]

No they're not.

But we have this discussion at least once a month.

Some people have been so sheltered their entire life that it's almost amusing on how inconsiderate they can be with a roommate.

One of my old roommates would get up for class 3 hours before me at 7 in the morning, and while he was getting ready he'd make sure to turn on Nickelodeon on high volume. I was honestly more impressed than I was annoyed.

I didn't really have problems with my random roomate(s) throughout college. I lived in a 4 bedroom apartment and the 4th person was random and we got a new person on 3 separate occassions.

The only issue I had was the last one was disabled racist white trash who I'm 99% sure stole my Launch Wii.

[quote name='BlueScrote']I didn't really have problems with my random roomate(s) throughout college. I lived in a 4 bedroom apartment and the 4th person was random and we got a new person on 3 separate occassions.

The only issue I had was the last one was disabled racist white trash who I'm 99% sure stole my Launch Wii.[/QUOTE]

My final year of college, I lived in a 5 bedroom house. There was 6 of us living there, there was only 1 un-cool bro. I had to choke him out guy out and send him to small claims court for not paying rent. He cried to his mom about "almost dying." When I talk to his mom, she thanked me for putting him in his place, something she has never been able to do. That house was still awesome, I miss college parties.

JSP your roommate is not worse than the one I had.

After three years of not living at home, I've finally had my first truly bad roommate. He'll be gone in three days. There shall be much rejoicing/me wondering if I'm ever getting that stolen stuff back.

Even living with the Nazi that first year wasn't so bad.

6'4'' white dude that thought he was black. Smoked shwag weed in the worse rolled blunts. Left blunt tobacco on the carpet, chairs, table, MY fuckING PS3, and the couch.

This is just the start. I can keep going.

Nothing really bad happened with my roommates in college, the only semi-bad thing I can remember was one day I went out running and didn't bother to bring my keys since I knew that two of my roommates were in so I figured I could just knock when I got back. So after I was done with my 30 minute run I came back and knock and there wasn't a response, and then I checked and one of my roommates had taken his car out and wasn't there and the other one was asleep when I left (and had been sleeping in till 3-4pm everyday since it was summer so I wasn't expecting him to wake up on his own anytime soon). So I pounded on the door hard and still no response, I then beat the door for another minute and then wasn't really sure what to do since my roommate was apparently dead asleep, luckily I waited another couple of minutes debating what to do and my roommate who had taken his car out returned and let us both in.

I had much worse luck with the apartments themselves, basically had a power outage in our area that knocked the power around a large area of Seattle for 1-2 weeks Sophmore year, then our next apartment flooded Junior year and we had to move all our stuff to another apartment since that one needed to be entirely remodeled, then in the summer between Junior and Senior year while my mom was visiting a shooting happened literally right outside my front door while me and my mom were in the apartment (I saw the bodies right after it happened before the police arrived). Finally Senior year our apartment was broken into and I lost my laptop, PS3, and PSP (all of it was replaced by insurance though). It isn't like it was a bad neighborhood either, I lived literally directly across from a Microsoft building.

[quote name='j-cart']6'4'' white dude that thought he was black. Smoked shwag weed in the worse rolled blunts. Left blunt tobacco on the carpet, chairs, table, MY fuckING PS3, and the couch.

This is just the start. I can keep going.[/QUOTE]

What was his name?

[quote name='corrosivefrost']No they're not.

But we have this discussion at least once a month.[/QUOTE]
We probably do. And the correct answer will always be that the R2/L2 buttons are worse.

[quote name='Feeding the Abscess']Funny story about Chuckles.

A friend of mine found himself hanging with Chuckles and MJ one night in Vegas. MJ was off doing his thing most of the time, so my buddy was with Brokley frequently. Chuckster invites a bunch of people (homeslice, couple other guys, bunch of hot wimmenz) up to his hotel room, goes to the bathroom, comes out, and says "who's gonna suck my dick?"

When nobody takes him up on the offer, he kicked everyone out. "Y'all thought I was jokin'? Y'all are fuckin' STUPID. Get out!"

Charles Barkley! The man, the myth, the fucking legend.[/QUOTE]
Awesome story. ^__^ Dude, Barkley and MJ were HUGE party animals back in the day. I'm surprised it took Jordan's wife that long to get a divorce honestly. Dude has an appetite for white women.

[quote name='distgfx']So, I think my PS3 is broken. When I check my friends list, all I see is Killzone 3 over and over with a few MvC3 and SSFIV. See, thing is, there's no Bulletstorm on the list at all. I saw it once, but never again. I'm thinking of burning my PS3 now for showing a complete lack of respect toward that game.[/QUOTE]
Eww, SSFIV.
[quote name='j-cart']I like the DS3 controller.

x360 RB and LB are jokes for being called "buttons." Those things are far worse than R2/L2. The x360 does feel the best, but those fucking shoulder clickers are NOT fuckING BUTTONS![/QUOTE]
DS3 is aight, I have no problems with it now that I use REAL TRIGGERS. 360 bumpers do indeed feel cheap and shitty, but they work, I guess.

Long live the PC Master Race.

I want Bulletstorm so much. . .

.hack sucked.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']the xenogears thread is hilarious

TEN DOLLARS FOR A GAME WITH NO TROPHIES? BITCH THIS AINT 1997[/QUOTE]

It's pretty entertaining

Finished Brutal Legend (even if I had to set it to gentle).
Will do the final mission on Fallout 3 Sunday. Tempted to get the gold trophy for killing all behomeths but I think I'd just like to move on to a new game.

[quote name='j-cart']Hank, I had this poster for some time. Framed.
1875298819_bc5d441bfb.jpg
[/QUOTE]
My cousin used to have that poster. Shit was mad siiiiiiiiiiick. Had the comic too.

Basketball back then >>>> Basketball now.
[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']the xenogears thread is hilarious

TEN DOLLARS FOR A GAME WITH NO TROPHIES? BITCH THIS AINT 1997[/QUOTE]
Bro, that shit's a ripoff. $10 for a game from 1997? Get serious. This is almost as bad as paying $5 for Urban Champ on Wii VC.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']My cousin used to have that poster. Shit was mad siiiiiiiiiiick. Had the comic too.

Basketball back then >>>> Basketball now.

Bro, that shit's a ripoff. $10 for a game from 1997? Get serious. This is almost as bad as paying $5 for Urban Champ on Wii VC.[/QUOTE]

Xenogears is from 1998, and suck my dick.

[quote name='j-cart']Hank, I had this poster for some time. Framed.

1875298819_bc5d441bfb.jpg
[/QUOTE]

That'd probably be better then NBA Jam.

I'd get it.

Leon in MVC3 should have a hyper where he asks the opponent if their right hand comes off

then Mike crashes his helicopter into the other player

bread's done
Back