GGT170 knows exactly what it wants in a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy is a G:
1256411B8B1A84EDD417E4F2F42AD04D9BF208CB

[quote name='The Crotch']It's only, like, 2 gigs.

2 gigs does not buy a lot of hate these days.[/QUOTE]

Hate because I can. But It does bring back some tribes memories. I still seem to have it somewhat. Hit me up, names: jcart

[quote name='icebeast']This guy is a G[/QUOTE]

Once you have seen the jaggies, you can unseen them.

So like, for those of you that weren't in Skype the other night: I have a girlfriend now!

She's really awesome, I love her, and am marrying her as soon as humanly possible because she's the single greatest human being ever made.

I'm not bulshitting around here either, which is the best part! I totally found my real soulmate! She totes exists and acts just like me!

Yarr, I'm Batman! Take my hand and join the clan!

[quote name='shrike4242']What class did you pick for this time around?[/QUOTE]

I'm just recreating my main character from my 360 play throughs of ME1 and 2, since I lost my saves from trading in my console.

So default male Shepherd, Soldier, Paragon. ME1 decisions I re-did with the interactive comic were Liara as romance, saved the Rachni Queen, saved Wrex, saved Ashley, sacrificed the council, made Anderson the human Council Member.

[quote name='dmaul1114']I'm just recreating my main character from my 360 play throughs of ME1 and 2, since I lost my saves from trading in my console.

So default male Shepherd, Soldier, Paragon. ME1 decisions I re-did with the interactive comic were Liara as romance, saved the Rachni Queen, saved Wrex, saved Ashley, sacrificed the council, made Anderson the human Council Member.[/QUOTE]
Saved Ashley?

You're terrible.

[quote name='BlueScrote']Whoa whoa whoa people in the GGT have 3ds's?[/QUOTE]

Actually quite a few of us do. I know me, whoknows, icebeast, Joel, and TMK all have one. I think ReRo does too and maybe some others.

I personally like mine quite a bit, although I do kind of wish I had waited until after the price drop. All the free games almost make up for it though.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']So like, for those of you that weren't in Skype the other night: I have a girlfriend now!

She's really awesome, I love her, and am marrying her as soon as humanly possible because she's the single greatest human being ever made.

I'm not bulshitting around here either, which is the best part! I totally found my real soulmate! She totes exists and acts just like me!

Yarr, I'm Batman! Take my hand and join the clan![/QUOTE]

facepalm.jpg

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I love my 3DS, but I don't play it enough. I should probably pick up more games for it since I'm mainly just playing DS games on it.[/QUOTE]

There's a lot of good stuff on the eshop if you haven't looked there yet.

[quote name='ihadFG']There's a lot of good stuff on the eshop if you haven't looked there yet.[/QUOTE]
I've looked around in there, but nothing's really grabbed my attention, honestly.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I've looked around in there, but nothing's really grabbed my attention, honestly.[/QUOTE]

I'd highly recommend Pushmo, Mutant Mudds, Might Switch Force, and VVVVVV.

Oh and I guess you would have access to all the original DSi-ware stuff now too, so I'd also recommend Shantae and the first two of WayForward's Mighty games.

Y'know, I don't mind the kind of straight up ghetto port of The Simpsons. Yeah, it didn't age well in terms of gameplay, but it's still kind of fun since I love the show.

For $10, I'd be a bit cheesed and skip it. For $5, I'd get enough out of it... but for free? Can't complain a bit. Thanks for the free game, PS+!

[quote name='ihadFG']Your link didn't work right and your sentence didn't make sense.[/QUOTE]

I posted that from my busted ass phone after being up for 22 hours on 3 hours of sleep.
11732094.jpg

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I've looked around in there, but nothing's really grabbed my attention, honestly.[/QUOTE]
Just buy Resident Evil

[quote name='MusicNoteLess']I dunno why, but I have been listening to this for awhile now. I never played the game before. I feel like this song should have been in a megaman game. :3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp7rPxqbCvI

Has anyone played the console release of Bionic Commando? Any good?[/QUOTE]

The remake with the version of Spencer in UMvC3?
Personally no. Most people say it's horrible. Hank loved it and played it twice. (You're welcome, Hank. :cool:)

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Saved Ashley?

You're terrible.[/QUOTE]

Played 2 different characters in ME 1/2 on the 360 (both sexes) and saved Ashley both times. When I played ME 2 on PS3 saved Ashley there also. Die Kaiden.

[quote name='MusicNoteLess']I dunno why, but I have been listening to this for awhile now. I never played the game before. I feel like this song should have been in a megaman game. :3

Get Bionic Commando Rearmed 1. Awesome redone version of the NES Bionic Commando and one of the best downloadable games on XBLA/PSN. The 2nd one is ok, but beware the PSN version of BCR 2 MANDATES you be online and signed into PSN to play it.

I'd personally recommend just playing the NES original Bionic Commando, but that's just me. I'm not a fan of the Rearmed graphics, or the feel of the game. The challenge maps are good though.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Played 2 different characters in ME 1/2 on the 360 (both sexes) and saved Ashley both times. When I played ME 2 on PS3 saved Ashley there also. Die Kaiden.[/QUOTE]

If I end up redoing my 2nd ME2 character (never played ME1 twice) I'd go with Kaiden in that one as I basically try to go opposite on every decision fro the most variety possible.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Y'know, I don't mind the kind of straight up ghetto port of The Simpsons. Yeah, it didn't age well in terms of gameplay, but it's still kind of fun since I love the show.

For $10, I'd be a bit cheesed and skip it. For $5, I'd get enough out of it... but for free? Can't complain a bit. Thanks for the free game, PS+![/QUOTE]

I bought it on xbox even though I knew I was getting it for free on PSN+, I still love the damn game, still as fun as it was years ago.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Played 2 different characters in ME 1/2 on the 360 (both sexes) and saved Ashley both times. When I played ME 2 on PS3 saved Ashley there also. Die Kaiden.

[/QUOTE]

Kaiden is so dull, one of his hobbies is watching paint dry.

Sure, Ashley is a racist bitch, but at least she has a personality.

[quote name='ihadFG']Actually quite a few of us do. I know me, whoknows, icebeast, Joel, and TMK all have one. I think ReRo does too and maybe some others.

I personally like mine quite a bit, although I do kind of wish I had waited until after the price drop. All the free games almost make up for it though.[/QUOTE]

I was just surprised because I have one also. Tonight when i'm at home i'll post my friend code.

[quote name='jello44']Kaiden is so dull, one of his hobbies is watching paint dry.

Sure, Ashley is a racist bitch, but at least she has a personality.[/QUOTE]

I just hate Kaiden because, if you're a female, he thinks you're into him instantly. He's like "Hey baby, I know we just met each other like 2 days ago, but I'm in love, you feel the same way right? I hope I'm not coming on too strong." And he totally gets depressed when you tell him to stop being creepy.

Ashley is somewhat racist at first, although in some sense she that kind of comes from being super pro-human (for instance her point that if things got really bad the other races wouldn't hesitate to sacrifice humanity to save themselves probably isn't too far from the mark). She also changes her mind, although somewhat slowly, about accepting help from individuals of alien races. For Kaiden, I couldn't stomach talking to him enough my first time through ME1 to find out if his character changed at all, and playing through it again now I'm still not all that interested in talking to him after those first few awkward conversations.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I killed Ashley in my PS3 femshep's reality. Originally I saved Ashley because I used her in my squad a lot... Kaiden was useless as far as I was concerned.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']The remake with the version of Spencer in UMvC3?
Personally no. Most people say it's horrible. Hank loved it and played it twice. (You're welcome, Hank. :cool:)[/QUOTE]
Hey, when it clicks, it's a legitimately good game, IMO. Most people just said "It ain't Calladuty with swinging!!" and skipped it.

It's old school tough too. Definitely not a bad game, put it in the Dark Sector category of games i.e. really solid, just not outstanding. My biggest complaints are how limited your ammo supply is for most guns and some of the "BAM YOU'RE DEAD" instant kills you can run into, specifically the radiation.

2nd time through was a speed run, got so good at swinging that I barely stayed on the ground. :cool:

Though Dread Spencer is still lol worthy. ^__^
[quote name='MusicNoteLess']Reviews said it was pretty crappy, but I wanted to see if anyone actually played and enjoyed it. Guess I'll just enjoy the OST then.[/QUOTE]
OST is awesome, same with Rearmed's OST.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']So like, for those of you that weren't in Skype the other night: I have a girlfriend now!

Yarr, I'm Batman! Take my hand and join the clan![/QUOTE]It's you, with tits? :lol:

How about you wait a bit before you decide you need to get a ring out of the vending machine? :D

[quote name='dmaul1114']I'm just recreating my main character from my 360 play throughs of ME1 and 2, since I lost my saves from trading in my console.

So default male Shepherd, Soldier, Paragon. ME1 decisions I re-did with the interactive comic were Liara as romance, saved the Rachni Queen, saved Wrex, saved Ashley, sacrificed the council, made Anderson the human Council Member.[/QUOTE]That's a little off of the "holy crap, you're the goody two-shoes Paragon"' playthrough I did on ME1 for my first playthrough.

First playthrough in ME1:
Default male Shepard / Vanguard / Paragon / pro-alien
Romanced Liara (switched to Tali in ME2 as a LI)
Saved the Rachni Queen
Saved Wrex
Sacrificed Ashley (it's a better cutscene if she's sacrificed to see off the nuke)
Saved the Council
Appointed Anderson to the Council

Second playthrough in ME2:
Default female Shepard / Adept / Renegade / pro-human
Romanced Liara (no ME2 LI)
Killed the Rachni Queen
Saved Wrex (just can't seem to kill off that damn Krogan, used him too much)
Sacrificed Kaiden
Sacrificed the Council
Set up a new all-human Council, appointed Udina the head

So, they're about as opposites to one another between #1 and #2 playthrough.

[quote name='dmaul1114']If I end up redoing my 2nd ME2 character (never played ME1 twice) I'd go with Kaiden in that one as I basically try to go opposite on every decision fro the most variety possible.[/QUOTE]See above.

[quote name='icebeast']I just hate Kaiden because, if you're a female, he thinks you're into him instantly. He's like "Hey baby, I know we just met each other like 2 days ago, but I'm in love, you feel the same way right? I hope I'm not coming on too strong." And he totally gets depressed when you tell him to stop being creepy.

Ashley is somewhat racist at first, although in some sense she that kind of comes from being super pro-human (for instance her point that if things got really bad the other races wouldn't hesitate to sacrifice humanity to save themselves probably isn't too far from the mark). She also changes her mind, although somewhat slowly, about accepting help from individuals of alien races. For Kaiden, I couldn't stomach talking to him enough my first time through ME1 to find out if his character changed at all, and playing through it again now I'm still not all that interested in talking to him after those first few awkward conversations.[/QUOTE]I'll certainly agree with that comparison between Ashley and Kaiden. From a combat perspective, Ashley is much more useful without question. From a character backstory perspective, Ashley's is better than Kaiden's, yes.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I think I killed Ashley in my PS3 femshep's reality. Originally I saved Ashley because I used her in my squad a lot... Kaiden was useless as far as I was concerned.[/QUOTE]Kaiden is only useful until you pick up Garrus, Wrex or Liara, because his biotics don't compare to theirs in combat situations. At least they didn't for me.

[quote name='shrike4242']It's you, with tits? :lol:

How about you wait a bit before you decide you need to get a ring out of the vending machine? :D [/QUOTE]I don't buy rings from vending machines! I order them from Jewelery stores, my good Shrikey!

Ashley would abandon her dog to die at the hands of a bear.

Eat a nuke, Ash.

EDIT: And I considered Ashley the most useless squadmate in the game, too.

My Shep was a one man army. If you wanted to tag along, go ahead, but I'm not going to try to save you if shit hits the fan.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I don't buy rings from vending machines! I order them from Jewelery stores, my good Shrikey![/QUOTE]Surprise, surprise.

Huge sale thread in the Trading Forum incoming? :D

Kaidan was more attractive as a woman than Ashley was.

Good thing it doesn't matter whose ass you shove that nuke up because after ME1 they immediately gave up on any overarching story.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Kaidan was more attractive as a woman than Ashley was.

Good thing it doesn't matter whose ass you shove that nuke up because after ME1 they immediately gave up on any overarching story.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much the truth.

Also, my enemy is the Reapers, not the collectors. So why the hell do people consider ME2 an amazing story when you don't even fight the main villain?

[quote name='j-cart']Pretty much the truth.

Also, my enemy is the Reapers, not the collectors. So why the hell do people consider ME2 an amazing story when you don't even fight the main villain?[/QUOTE]Have to work through the flunkies to get to the big bad.

Plus, they have technology that would be useful in the fight against the big bad, so we've seen.

[quote name='shrike4242']Have to work through the flunkies to get to the big bad.

Plus, they have technology that would be useful in the fight against the big bad, so we've seen.[/QUOTE]
Truth in every way.

None of that excuses there being ten minutes of plot at the beginning and end of the game with the middle full of boring characters who are just replacements for other boring characters

[quote name='shrike4242']Have to work through the flunkies to get to the big bad.

Plus, they have technology that would be useful in the fight against the big bad, so we've seen.[/QUOTE]

Obviously the Reapers are not in the same league as The Emperor.

ME1's final sequence > ME2's whole gameplay

Nothing felt better than to tell those racist aliens to shove it.

That's the joint, that's the jam!

Bionic Rearmed is the only console release you should touch imo. For a fun time, pass it on Super Hard :D

[quote name='j-cart']Obviously the Reapers are not in the same league as The Emperor.

ME1's final sequence > ME2's whole gameplay

Nothing felt better than to tell those racist aliens to shove it.[/QUOTE]Are you talking the gameplay as a whole as the "Dirty Dozen assemble!" concept, or every single mission from beginning to end?

I wasn't a fan of ME1's final sequence.

Technically, we could have beaten Saren if we never proved he was a traitor, never became a Spectre, and just hung out in the Presidium arguing with the council. We would have been right there. Right fucking there. If we'd done nothing.

Also, the "just a minute late" thing going on at the end there? Not so good if I've spent the last three hours looking for rare elements and one light metal.

Also also, Saren was a terrible boss. Not Reaper Baby terrible, but still. Back to the Future II hoverboard, yo.

I take back the good things I said about that Nyko Raven PS3 controller after playing around with it some more.

The analog sticks aren't very precise. Didn't notice it when testing it in Batman, but defintely noticed it when testing out Killzone 3 that I just got from Goozex. Couldn't aim nearly as quickly or precisely as I can with the Dual Shock.

Shame as I love the 360 style layout. I'll hold onto it anyway since it was reasonably cheap in case I ever want to play local multiplayer.

[quote name='dmaul1114']I take back the good things I said about that Nyko Raven PS3 controller after playing around with it some more.

The analog sticks aren't very precise. Didn't notice it when testing it in Batman, but defintely noticed it when testing out Killzone 3 that I just got from Goozex. Couldn't aim nearly as quickly or precisely as I can with the Dual Shock.

Shame as I love the 360 style layout. I'll hold onto it anyway since it was reasonably cheap in case I ever want to play local multiplayer.[/QUOTE]

Really? That's good to know, I considered getting it at one point or another. Perhaps I'll just tough it out with the Dualshock for now.

[quote name='shrike4242']Are you talking the gameplay as a whole as the "Dirty Dozen assemble!" concept, or every single mission from beginning to end?[/QUOTE]

ME1 was an action RPG that had some much OP skills with a deep item and weapon customization. That is what I believe is missing in ME2. ME1 my Shep was so OP I had the mindset of "I don't need followers, but if you want to be a bullet sponge, tag along."

ME2 they removed everything RPG wise (in my opinion) and just made an action shooter where the good stuff only unlocks after you complete side missions and stuff. ME2 overall just felt like a Naruto filler episode, but it was just 25+ hours long.

ME2 is by no means a bad game, I just feel that it isn't THAT amazing game that the industry wants you to think it is.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']I had a good time with the console Bionic Commando.[/QUOTE]

I know, Bionic Commando: Rearmed was awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back