Give me dem nice shoes, you bitch-ass OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I won a Xbox Live Bundle w/ camera on ebay. It says it's sealed so here's hoping. I got it for 41.
Soon, I'll be able to play Uno w/ the best of em, though it sounds like I better start getting better at Bomberman (which I utterly suck at).

[quote name='Eviltude']Yeah, Man vs. Wild is awesome. I've seen them all a ton of times though so I've moved on to Family Guy.[/QUOTE]

Ah ya, I just looked up the episode guide on Wikipedia, and it looks like I've seen about a 1/4 of them now, as he only does 8 a season (though I can't say I blame him).

[quote name='lordwow']Ah ya, I just looked up the episode guide on Wikipedia, and it looks like I've seen about a 1/4 of them now, as he only does 8 a season (though I can't say I blame him).[/QUOTE]

they had like a marathon last weekend, I can't even count how many episodes I laid on the couch and watched.

On an unrelated note, I've spent a crapload of money while here in Syracuse with my gf.

We went to Armory Square (a downtown area of Syracuse) where I found a record store with better prices on DVDs than DDD's 20% off sale. I picked up:
- Children of Men for $12
- Seasons 4 and 5 of Scrubs for $20 each.

Went to Borders today where they just have craploads of great books on buy 2 get 1 free. Picked up:
- Manhunt (the story of the hunt for John Wilks Booth)
- Blink (something my gf wanted)
- 1491 (about America before Columbus arrived)

all 3 for about $30, which is about the same as ordering them from Amazon, and will give us stuff to read on the flights back this week.

Finally, the girl picked up this shaker (for alcholic beverages) which this thing you turn and it gives you the list of ingredients for like 16 different drinks. I think it's called a Dial-A-Drink Shaker.

And by the way, I need a Target closer to where I live, because stuff is dirty cheap in there.

Oh, by the way, yesterday I performed my bridesmaid duties and if I learned one thing from it all, it's I don't want a traditional wedding. I would be content to just get married at the clerk's office and have a reception with guests. But having a rehersal, rehersal dinner, church ceremony and a reception is just too much.
If I happen to get a decent picture in my bridesmaid dress I'll post it. It wasn't hideous or anything.
I almost got the bouquet because it was thrown to me but someone taller and more vicious grabbed it as it was about to land in my hands. I guess I'm grateful because if Jonathan didn't get the garter there was no way I was going to let someone else reach up my leg.
I was content with my bridesmaid bouquet.

I was sitting around wondering "I wonder why people don't capitalize their usernames." And then... I realized I don't either.

Dusting off Lost Planet reminded me that Lost Planet's multiplayer is a steaming pile of hobo shit, and that I wasted my time even touching it.

[quote name='Brak']Dusting off Lost Planet reminded me that Lost Planet's multiplayer is a steaming pile of hobo shit, and that I wasted my time even touching it.[/QUOTE]It sure is pretty though.

[quote name='Liquid 2']It sure is pretty though.[/QUOTE]
Kinda.

Then again, it's like being in a relationship with a hot chick with no personality.

You guys didn't think so? I loved the way the explosions and lasers looked in the snow environment.
'Course, I only played the demo.

I think Microsoft's Demos end up turning me off of a lot of games I otherwise would have bought. I ended up ditching Lost Planet, Blue Dragon, Ace Combat and MLB 2k7 off my wish list after playing the demos recently.

Granted, I hated the R6 Vegas demo as well, and ended up buying it due to all the critical praise and it's probably my favorite game right now.

Probably safe to say there's a huge difference between R6: Vegas and Lost Planet, Blue Dragon, and Ace Combat. :)

The demos have saved me from buying at least two games so far. It's a great feature.

Oh, and Brak, years from now you'll feel the exact same way about Gears. I'm really starting to hate it at this point. It's so busted yet so fun.

[quote name='Brak']I didn't know Microsoft made those demos...[/QUOTE]

They don't, but they host them. I guess I should say "360 Demos" or "Microsoft 360 demos"

[quote name='Brak']Dusting off Lost Planet reminded me that Lost Planet's multiplayer is a steaming pile of hobo shit, and that I wasted my time even touching it.[/QUOTE]
Tomorrow you can finally play Dead Rising, and realize how much it sucks.

[quote name='Hex']For anyone who's a Pacino fan, go rent Dog Day Afternoon. Excellent movie.[/QUOTE]

I plan on catching this one. I was going to get it at DDD during their 20% off sale, but it was damn expensive.

[quote name='Hex']For anyone who's a Pacino fan, go rent Dog Day Afternoon. Excellent movie.[/quote]
Your not a pacino fan if you haven't seen it already :lol:

[quote name='lordwow']I plan on catching this one. I was going to get it at DDD during their 20% off sale, but it was damn expensive.[/quote]

Eh, I dunno if I'l buy many DVDs now that I have Blockbuster. It's less expensive and just seems like a better deal to be able to get just about any movie I want.

[quote name='panasonic']Your not a pacino fan if you haven't seen it already :lol:[/quote]

I know, I are teh fail. Blockbuster just never had it in stock, so I had to get it online.

[quote name='Hex']Eh, I dunno if I'l buy many DVDs now that I have Blockbuster. It's less expensive and just seems like a better deal to be able to get just about any movie I want.
[/QUOTE]

Ya, I had Netflix and it slowed down some buying, but I ended up finding a lot of movies I wanted to own (I'm the type who watched movies over and over again, namely because I have to analyze a lot of films just for classes in my major). That and I'm a huge collector of them, I already have like 400, and it (along with video games) are what most of my money goes to.

My girl and I canceled Netflix because we figured we have about 100 DVDs to watch out of the ones I own already.

[quote name='lordwow']Ya, I had Netflix and it slowed down some buying, but I ended up finding a lot of movies I wanted to own (I'm the type who watched movies over and over again, namely because I have to analyze a lot of films just for classes in my major). That and I'm a huge collector of them, I already have like 400, and it (along with video games) are what most of my money goes to.

My girl and I canceled Netflix because we figured we have about 100 DVDs to watch out of the ones I own already.[/quote]

Gotcha.

So on Cops, this female officer apprehended a drug dealer who's pager was going off like crazy. She called the numbers back and said the dealer allowed her to use the page and said she was the guy's girlfriend- basically to lure out the druggies. Now, is that legal? She basically lied and used his pager and phone without permission. Sure, I don't care if he's put away, but still, the police shouldn't be allowed to do something illegal.

Funny thing was, the officer had a very thick mexican accent, so she played the part of the girlfriend really well. :lol:

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']This ESPN on Demand stuff in NCAA 08's pretty cool. I wish I could downlaod the video to my hard drive and watch it later.[/QUOTE]

the 20 minute radio update has been playing yesterdays broadcast for me. It's really starting to piss me off.

[quote name='Hex']Gotcha.

So on Cops, this female officer apprehended a drug dealer who's pager was going off like crazy. She called the numbers back and said the dealer allowed her to use the page and said she was the guy's girlfriend- basically to lure out the druggies. Now, is that legal? She basically lied and used his pager and phone without permission. Sure, I don't care if he's put away, but still, the police shouldn't be allowed to do something illegal.

Funny thing was, the officer had a very thick mexican accent, so she played the part of the girlfriend really well. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Haha, I missed that one. I usually watch Cops on Sunday nights on CourtTV (well... pretty much every night, that show is so great), but Man Vs Wild has got me tonight.

[quote name='Hex']So on Cops, this female officer apprehended a drug dealer who's pager was going off like crazy. She called the numbers back and said the dealer allowed her to use the page and said she was the guy's girlfriend- basically to lure out the druggies. Now, is that legal? She basically lied and used his pager and phone without permission. Sure, I don't care if he's put away, but still, the police shouldn't be allowed to do something illegal.

Funny thing was, the officer had a very thick mexican accent, so she played the part of the girlfriend really well. :lol:[/QUOTE]I don't think it's legal to trick someone into committing a crime (my Gov teacher said something like that), but then again, they do "To Catch a Predator" stuff all the time.

Oh, and fart, I'm having some of those Last.fm issues now too.

I always tossed around the idea of instead of buying a $100+ book for class, spend a day at the library photocopying. Bring a binder to class instead of a book.

Even at 10 cents a page, which is twice as much as you can get elsewhere, a 500 page tome of a book is only $50.

[quote name='Liquid 2']I don't think it's legal to trick someone into committing a crime (my Gov teacher said something like that), but then again, they do "To Catch a Predator" stuff all the time.

Oh, and fart, I'm having some of those Last.fm issues now too.[/QUOTE]

I was reading the other day about how the cities that do that "catch a predator" stuff hardly press charges on them.

dammit, im stuck at 200.5% for Castlevania completition and can't figure where the extra %.1 is at (im counting the last room where you fight drac in the 200.5)

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']I always tossed around the idea of instead of buying a $100+ book for class, spend a day at the library photocopying. Bring a binder to class instead of a book.

Even at 10 cents a page, which is twice as much as you can get elsewhere, a 500 page tome of a book is only $50.[/QUOTE]

I know a lot of books are floating around the web in a nice PDF file.

[quote name='Dkellar']I was reading the other day about how the cities that do that "catch a predator" stuff hardly press charges on them.[/QUOTE]
Really? Looks like my Gov teacher was right then.
"To Catch a Predator" type stuff is still effective though, I'd imagine. It'd sure make the perp more wary of doing what he does again and it would show him how close he was to jail time.

I'm trying to remember what the laws are about photocopying books like that. It may fall under fair use. I don't recall.

Either way, a lot of my professors are now scanning and sending us PDFs instead of having us buy books. I only had to buy one book last year, everything else was uploaded to a private university website we have access to.

[quote name='Liquid 2']I don't think it's legal to trick someone into committing a crime (my Gov teacher said something like that), but then again, they do "To Catch a Predator" stuff all the time.

Oh, and fart, I'm having some of those Last.fm issues now too.[/quote]
I've seen that on Cops a lot- They'll leave a bike out in a bad part of neighborhood, then when someone steals it like a dozen cops pounce on them. Although, I suppose it's not really tricking anyone. :lol:

Man, I want an AR-7 so badly.. but I dunno if I want to spare the $175 or so for the rifle. =/

[quote name='Liquid 2']Really? Looks like my Gov teacher was right then.
"To Catch a Predator" type stuff is still effective though, I'd imagine. It'd sure make the perp more wary of doing what he does again and it would show him how close he was to jail time.[/QUOTE]

The only thing I don't like about TCAP is the reports that have come out showing Perverted Justice (the people playing the kids and chatting with the guys) harassing people if they're found not guilty or having the charges dismissed. I think a lot of the guys are sketchy, but if someone isn't found guilty, you shouldn't go around harassing them.

[quote name='Hex']I've seen that on Cops a lot- They'll leave a bike out in a bad part of neighborhood, then when someone steals it like a dozen cops pounce on them. Although, I suppose it's not really tricking anyone. :lol:

Man, I want an AR-7 so badly.. but I dunno if I want to spare the $175 or so for the rifle. =/[/QUOTE]

How big is a .700 rifle?

I imagine that is huge. At work there was a gun case in the back that had a pad lock on it. I checked the tag and it was a Springfield .700

It has been on my mind the last few days.

[quote name='Liquid 2']Really? Looks like my Gov teacher was right then.
"To Catch a Predator" type stuff is still effective though, I'd imagine. It'd sure make the perp more wary of doing what he does again and it would show him how close he was to jail time.[/QUOTE]

I know one town in Texas I think dropped all charges against everybody caught, and told the TCAP people to GTFO, and fired a few people over the incident.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back