Give me dem nice shoes, you bitch-ass OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='mr ryles']How big is a .700 rifle?

I imagine that is huge. At work there was a gun case in the back that had a pad lock on it. I checked the tag and it was a Springfield .700

It has been on my mind the last few days.[/quote]
.70? That's pretty big. On modern rifles there's a legal cap on rifled weapons of .50 cal, for smoothbore (shotguns) it's ten gauge, I think. Anything above that is a Class III destructive device. That's why you don't see guys with 15.3mm Steyr anti-material rifles at the range. ;) Now, old muskets and black powder firearms don't have that limit, so they have insane bore sizes like .75.

I like my .223 and 7.62x54R, thanks. :lol:

rt20_1.jpg

The ammo is 20x110mm- Twenty millimeters wide, one hundred and ten long. There's a reason there's a recoil tube on the top to vent excess gas. :lol:

[quote name='Punk_Raven']Oh, and Brak, years from now you'll feel the exact same way about Gears. I'm really starting to hate it at this point. It's so busted yet so fun.[/QUOTE]

The only thimg Gears lacks is a matchmaking system.

And what exactly is so busted about the game? Pretty balanced IMO aside from host advantage.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']And what exactly is so busted about the game? Pretty balanced IMO aside from host advantage.[/quote]

It's probably my fault for being a 'nub', but Gears isn't fun to play when you get into a close-range shotgun duel with some kid, and he takes about seven shotgun shots to the legs or chest, then he manages to put you down in two. =/

For some reason, most shooters on Xbox that I've played always have the host advantage. PlayStation has been better about it but on PS2 all the online games lag so bad it's just ridiculous. The PS3 should be better, but I wouldn't know personally.

[quote name='Sleepkyng']just got back from a 14 day distpatch for a forest fire[/QUOTE]
So you are like a less hairy Smokey the Bear now?

[quote name='Hex']It's probably my fault for being a 'nub', but Gears isn't fun to play when you get into a close-range shotgun duel with some kid, and he takes about seven shotgun shots to the legs or chest, then he manages to put you down in two. =/[/QUOTE]Gotta learn how to do that active reload, son.

Oh, and fuck economics.

[quote name='Liquid 2']Gotta learn how to do that active reload, son.

Oh, and fuck economics.[/quote]

Dude, I active reload *every* time. I swear, not once do I normal, quick or jam the reload, it is consistently an active one.

I usually just end up meleeing or pulling out the handgun.

Horse

[quote name='Hex']It's probably my fault for being a 'nub', but Gears isn't fun to play when you get into a close-range shotgun duel with some kid, and he takes about seven shotgun shots to the legs or chest, then he manages to put you down in two. =/[/QUOTE]

You got to come packing that active and use corners and anything else around you to make sure that they get damage while you don't. Remember that your gun is in your right hand so you want to shoot around a wall where pretty much only thing sticking out is your gun.

Also if you put seven shots in him, chances are if there was any break in the fighting his health started to recover.

The best way to be successful in gears if you are new is to play defensively. Try and make sure there is distance between yourself and others and make sure that you won't be flanked or double teamed. Also negate the other team from picking up the power weapons by covering them. Those are probably the two best peices of advice I can give you.

[quote name='zewone']Tomorrow you can finally play Dead Rising, and realize how much it sucks.[/QUOTE]
I'll have to play that shit Bohemian style, with the new TV on the floor.

I couldn't find a fairly priced TV stand anywhere, and my entertainment center is on the brink of caving in.

[quote name='Liquid 2']
Oh, and fart, I'm having some of those Last.fm issues now too.[/quote]

After I uninstalled it and re-installed it, it works fine right now

I honestly don't see the appeal of Gears after playing Vegas online. Maybe it's just me (and it probably is), but I just don't enjoy the style of online play as much in Gears.

[quote name='zewone']Tomorrow you can finally play Dead Rising, and realize how much it sucks.[/quote]

Wrong.

Dead Rising is incredible.

[quote name='Dkellar']I know a lot of books are floating around the web in a nice PDF file.[/quote]Can you give me more info about this.

just finished a bomb ass game of NCAA online. Some fool beat me by a field goal with no time left on the clock. Shit was intense.

24-27

Just got home. Saw these guys at a field party. Pretty good, considering. Apparently they're opening for PM5K in September.
[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Cause they know that you can rock?[/QUOTE] Of course. :cool:
[quote name='bmachine']Do it...when will you ever have another chance to see that many shitty heartagram tattoos gathered in one place? :)[/QUOTE] There are a couple groups I want to see, a couple I really don't, and a few that I have no opinion on. Just depends who I could get to go with. :whistle2:k

[quote name='Eviltude']I guess once this PlanetEarth episode ends I'm going to bed.[/QUOTE]

episodes are like an hour long.

Good shit, though, especially on blu ray. :drool:

Fart, when you uninstalled and reinstalled the Last.fm client, did it catch up on what it had not scrobbled?
My client doesn't even seem to know I'm listening to music.

[quote name='Liquid 2']Fart, when you uninstalled and reinstalled the Last.fm client, did it catch up on what it had not scrobbled?
My client doesn't even seem to know I'm listening to music.[/quote]

nope, I lost 3 days of music

[quote name='Scorch']Zodiac was a great movie/recap of the entire history of the Zodiac killer.[/QUOTE]
I liked it, but it runs a little long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back