Give me dem nice shoes, you bitch-ass OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
See that's the sort of stuff I want updates on when I ask if anything good happened over the weekend. :bomb:

Anyway, just took a look and it appears he asked for a week long ban. I guess it wasn't anything exciting after all.

[quote name='mr ryles']u take the pics yourself sleepy?[/quote]

yeah, i had a tiny little digital camera that got fucked up, but it was worth it.

i couldn't get any of the crazy running crown fires, because you're running away from them.

hopefully i get enough good evaluations to do rappel helitack next season :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xI_bd0b0Qgw

they fly you out and drop you into the wilderness. then it's just you and 4 people doing intial attack on the fire.

also, i just made 4 Gs in 2 weeks.

Rock the Bells set times indicate that I'll be skipping Cypress Hill and the "special guest" to watch Felt (Murs and Slug). Glad it works out that way :). Kind of a shame that I'll have to ditch out of Public Enemy to watch Brother Ali, though. As long as I see Rage, Wu-Tang, the Roots, Mos Def and Talib Kweli, Pharoahe Monch, Immortal Technique, Felt and Brother Ali, I'll be one happy bastard.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']As long as I see Rage, Wu-Tang, the Roots, Mos Def and Talib Kweli, Pharoahe Monch, Immortal Technique, Felt and Brother Ali, I'll be one happy bastard.[/QUOTE]

:drool:

What is it with women and irrational fears? I've got one friend who's afraid of mascots/anyone in a mask, one who's afraid of zombies, and one afraid of dinosaurs. :whistle2:?

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']What is it with women and irrational fears? I've got one friend who's afraid of mascots/anyone in a mask, one who's afraid of zombies, and one afraid of dinosaurs. :whistle2:?[/QUOTE]

The almost universal fear of bugs gets annoying after a while. Especially the ones who scream when they see a moth or something. Also, I agree with woohoo, I'd be afraid if I saw a T-Rex.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Well, subwaysamich, I'm afraid of T. Rex's.[/QUOTE] So it's not just women. :lol:

At least it's a fairly safe fear to have. If your biggest fears are raptor attacks or zombies, you don't have much to worry about. Yet.

[quote name='Pancake Rabbit']The almost universal fear of bugs gets annoying after a while. Especially the ones who scream when they see a moth or something. Also, I agree with woohoo, I'd be afraid if I saw a T-Rex.[/QUOTE]

Ya, I agree with the bug thing. Unless it's a spider.

*hides*

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']So it's not just women. :lol:

At least it's a fairly safe fear to have. If your biggest fears are raptor attacks or zombies, you don't have much to worry about. Yet.[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

[quote name='email I just got from Gamefly'][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Dear Randy,

Starting this week, you may notice that the return address on your GameFly mailer will be Pittsburgh, PA. We're pleased to open this new Shipping Center as part of our continued effort to improve mailing times for GameFly members across the entire United States.

Your area will now be supported by this new Shipping Center. Depending on inventory availability, you may continue to receive some shipments out of Los Angeles. We expect your shipping times to improve over the next few months.

We would appreciate your feedback, both positive and negative. Please send any comments about your experience to [email protected].

The GameFly Team[/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]
Wicked good news!

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']So it's not just women. :lol:
[/QUOTE]

I'm seeing two confirmations in this thread that it is indeed just women.

OH SNAP

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']At least it's a fairly safe fear to have. If your biggest fears are raptor attacks or zombies, you don't have much to worry about. Yet.[/quote]
4125B4ZVXHL._AA240_.jpg

[quote name='Strell']I'm seeing two confirmations in this thread that it is indeed just women.

OH SNAP[/QUOTE]

:cry:

In other news, sometimes, I just hate talking to sources for information and quotes. I tell the guy that I need information from him so I'm not copying someone else's work, he laughs, and then acts like a complete asshole the whole time. This is why working for a weekly can just suck so much balls sometimes.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']What is it with women and irrational fears? I've got one friend who's afraid of mascots/anyone in a mask, one who's afraid of zombies, and one afraid of dinosaurs. :whistle2:?[/quote]

That reminds me of the clip they play on the Stern show of Tyra Banks' show where she reveals she's afraid of dolphins. And her guest is a woman who is afraid of lawn gnomes. Seriously. fucking lawn gnomes.

[quote name='Maklershed']That reminds me of the clip they play on the Stern show of Tyra Banks' show where she reveals she's afraid of dolphins. And her guest is a woman who is afraid of lawn gnomes. Seriously. fucking lawn gnomes.[/QUOTE] [MEDIA]http://youtube.com/watch?v=GjxOt2u2BGM[/MEDIA]

I'm also not a big fan of stepping on anything that suddenly moves when stepped upon in murky water.

Oh, and elderly drivers that are old and don't really care anymore. (Saw a pretty funny stand up bit along those lines a while back.)

I've seen mice but I can't say I've seen rats before. Feels like I'm missing out on something. Also, I'm terrified of insects, spiders, etc.

Does anyone know the name of the redobx-like DVD rental kiosk found in Kroger and Ralph's? I can't seem to find it online. i want to see if they're going to have Zodiac tomorrow.

Wubb, do you remember the last time ebay did a discounted listing day? Did it work for BINs? I need to prune my games and I'd like to wait until they run their special to list them. Thanks.

I'm pretty sure the last 2 listing sales have been auction style only. I think it's been at least 3-4 months before they had a sale good for fixed price listings. (I'm assuming you mean fixed price when you say BIN.) But I could be wrong.

The last two have been $0.20 sales IIRC which is also pretty crappy.

You can always just put a buy it now on an auction style listing, but then it's even more money down the tubes.

I actually own this. I don't think I'll ever get around to reading it before the zombie apocolypse... :cry:

[quote name='bmachine']
4125B4ZVXHL._AA240_.jpg
[/quote]

Despite the horror of it all I imagine the zombie apocalypse will be an interesting time. I just hope I get stuck with hot girls in a mall .. like Sarah Polley and that other girl in Dawn of the Dead.

[quote name='Sleepkyng']yeah, i had a tiny little digital camera that got fucked up, but it was worth it.

i couldn't get any of the crazy running crown fires, because you're running away from them.

hopefully i get enough good evaluations to do rappel helitack next season :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xI_bd0b0Qgw

they fly you out and drop you into the wilderness. then it's just you and 4 people doing intial attack on the fire.

also, i just made 4 Gs in 2 weeks.[/QUOTE]

what do you do in the winter? ;)

Say goodbye to your 4k.

[quote name='Maklershed']That reminds me of the clip they play on the Stern show of Tyra Banks' show where she reveals she's afraid of dolphins. And her guest is a woman who is afraid of lawn gnomes. Seriously. fucking lawn gnomes.[/QUOTE]

I'm afraid of snakes, but at least that is reasonable. It's not like a lawn gnome can bite you.

Well I just got home to find the PS2 that home dude sent me. The seal on the back is broken, implying he has opened the console and RE4 won't work. Good thing I made him send first.

[quote name='Eviltude']Well I just got home to find the PS2 that home dude sent me. The seal on the back is broken, implying he has opened the console and RE4 won't work. Good thing I made him send first.[/quote]

Is that the guy Wubb pointed out says "higher feedback ships first" on his trade thread?

[quote name='Maklershed']Is that the guy Wubb pointed out says "higher feedback ships first" on his trade thread?[/QUOTE]

I think so.

[quote name='Maklershed']Is that the guy Wubb pointed out says "higher feedback ships first" on his trade thread?[/QUOTE]
No this was another guy, I just made him send first because he had 2 feedback and we were trading PS2's.

Wubb, I need your advice.

I finally got RE4 to load(The disc has a few scratches but works fine in my slim) but it took three tries. The thing that is really bothering me is that the "Void if broken" sticker is missing. You can see where it used to be. Should I tell him I don't want it? He'll probably be pissed, but I don't want a console that he has opened, especially when he neglected to tell me that.

[quote name='Kayden']I actually own this. I don't think I'll ever get around to reading it before the zombie apocolypse... :cry:[/quote]
Max Brooks, the guy that wrote it, actually has a really good novel about the zombie apocolyspe called World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War. It's very much a "beach read" but it was really entertaining and nicely avoids being a rehash of every zombie movie you've ever seen.

Oh, and...I loves me some Sarah Polley.
SP_Pic2.gif
sarahpolley1a.jpg
sarahpolley1a.jpg

[quote name='Eviltude']No this was another guy, I just made him send first because he had 2 feedback and we were trading PS2's.

Wubb, I need your advice.

I finally got RE4 to load(The disc has a few scratches but works fine in my slim) but it took three tries. The thing that is really bothering me is that the "Void if broken" sticker is missing. You can see where it used to be. Should I tell him I don't want it? He'll probably be pissed, but I don't want a console that he has opened, especially when he neglected to tell me that.[/QUOTE]

send it back, but if you want to be a nice guy you could pay reimburse him for the shipping. But if the system barely works send it back.

[quote name='mr ryles']send it back, but if you want to be a nice guy you could pay reimburse him for the shipping. But if the system barely works send it back.[/QUOTE]
Thats what I want to do. Is there any way I could just make them return it to the sender?

If it's been opened and he didn't tell you that I'd say you're within your rights to just send it back to him.

It's possible he got it 2nd hand and didn't even know it had been open (though probably not very likely) so be nice about it. Not that you wouldn't of course. :mrgreen:

As for your next Q, you could try sealing it back up and writing 'Return to Sender' on the package (this is assuming it came USPS) but I'm pretty sure there won't be any tracking doing it that way and depending on the mail class he sent it to you there might be postage due when it gets back to him. IMO you are asking for trouble if you do that.

[quote name='wubb']If it's been opened and he didn't tell you that I'd say you're within your rights to just send it back to him.

It's possible he got it 2nd hand and didn't even know it had been open (though probably not very likely) so be nice about it.[/QUOTE]
OK. Don't bother replying to my PM.

Is there any way I can just make the PO send it back to him in that case so I don't have to ship his POS back to him for 14 dolla? I could be a super douche and make him pay for shipping, but I don't want to do that, unless he gets angry with me.
Ok, I'll talk to him and see whats up, but he is getting it back.

Shot him a PM. See what he has to say later tonight I guess.

Got back test scores for my econ class today. I made the highest grade in the class with a fucking 87 (VERY disappointing for me, but it should be easy to remedy).

Class average: 45. Pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back