God of War III -- Gen. Discussion

[quote name='GameOverSuckas']No it didn't ..mine did the same thing.. The disc that came in the Ultimate Edition is the same disc as you get regularly. The DLC"s change that and add the challenge of the exiles[/QUOTE]
When are these unlocked? After you beat the game once?

I'm assuming the same goes for the pre-order costumes?

My friend who I set the Apollo code up for used the code. I am so fucking angry. I have an extra Phantom of Chaos code if someone is willing to swap. It would be greatly appreciated.

[quote name='The 7th Number']The music part never gave me any trouble, and ive been past it three times now. Doesnt seem like difficulty effects how hard it is. [/QUOTE]

Well, I'm personally done with the game myself, since I refuse to re-do that frickin' music bs. It's not that it was that hard, but just fuckin' annoying and as others said it took you out of the immersion of the game.

I definitely liked the scale of the game, though at times the fact that Kratos looked like an ant in the background during the titan sequences was a bit annoying to squint to see where he was at.

Other than that, it was an interesting end to the series, though some portions of the ending I truly didn't like
like the 10 minute swim in spirit or whatever mode following Pandora's voice

That shit was just too damn drawn out for my liking.

Anyone that got the ultimate edition want to gameshare it? You can share with up to 4 other people. I would be willing to provide the other 5 skins to compensate.

Im disappointed that one of the songs in the game, where you are in hades and hear the souls singing...think there is even a note about it you can read on the ground, doesnt seem to be in the soundtrack. Its kind of creepy, but i love it.

I written down all the hades notes you can find on the ground, and you press R1 to read them. Let me know if i missed any.

Notes of Hades

- This oppressive darkness is no place for a delecate flower to bloom. Tonight, I honor Hades' request and join his table, but I swear on the morrow, I will leave this foul place with you at my side. Nothing shall keep me from you my darling Persephone.
- Peirithous

- The melody, it plays on and will not stop. The voice sings of pain and loss. These things I know too well, but still can bear. It is when the voice sings of hope that I learn true anguish, a longing for that which I can never have.
- ??? (Pandora?)

Young Soul
- The fires! The people screaming! I was so scared. Why didnt father protect us? The judges say I have to go now to Elysium and that it will be nice there. I miss my family.
- ??? (Calliope)

- He was my responsibility. It was my burden to raise him, teach him right from wrong. All who get too near him suffer or die. His wife, his child, his brother, and now me. I failed him; as a mother, as a human being. His sins are mine to bear. Punish me for his shortcomings, and grant my son redemption.
- ??? (Kratos' Mother)

- He could have saved me. He held my life in his hand, and still he let go. I may have been just a mere boat captain, but he treated me as if i was nothing! He is to blame for my torment here! I hope he suffers in Hades as I have. Damn that Ghost of Sparta!
- ??? (Boat Captain)

- Hades, I beg at your palace gates, grant me a reprieve! Have I not become all you have wanted? Are my debts not paid in full? How long must I hope for a rescue that will never come? He becomes a God, while I rot and suffer. Release me so that I may have my revenge!
- ??? (Kratos' Brother)

Laughed after reading the boat captains. I loved how they keep bringing him back somehow.

[quote name='slickkill77']If anyone wants it, its yours

Here is your Voucher Redeem Code for Apollo:

42EJ-JLBT-9D5N[/QUOTE]

Someone already redeemed it. Damn whenever someone hands out a free code, the lurkers are always there first to get them >,

[quote name='flameofdoom666']My friend who I set the Apollo code up for used the code. I am so fucking angry. I have an extra Phantom of Chaos code if someone is willing to swap. It would be greatly appreciated.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='slickkill77']If anyone wants it, its yours

Here is your Voucher Redeem Code for Apollo:

42EJ-JLBT-9D5N[/QUOTE]

Today is not my day.......

Has anyone played the bonus DLC challenges from the Ultimate edition? I just got the game and was wondering if I had to beat it first to unlock this and the other pre-order costumes.

I wish it would list them at least, but it said beat the game to unlock bonus costumes.

[quote name='emeraldgsl']Has anyone played the bonus DLC challenges from the Ultimate edition? I just got the game and was wondering if I had to beat it first to unlock this and the other pre-order costumes.

I wish it would list them at least, but it said beat the game to unlock bonus costumes.[/QUOTE]
Yea I've played them. beat one on the Challenge of Exiles. I've only got two more to beat on the Olympus one. Pretty cool But you have to beat the ones for Olympus to unlock the arena or whatever is grayed out until you beat the Olympus one. I don't know what you get for finishing the Exile one.

Wtf... I've been trying to rip this Minotaurs head off for like 5 minutes now. When I fail it doesnt hurt me so I can just retry, but I can't do it. It says SPIN THE ANALOG stick, but I spin it as fast as I can. Tried both directions. Uh, what do I do?

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Wtf... I've been trying to rip this Minotaurs head off for like 5 minutes now. When I fail it doesnt hurt me so I can just retry, but I can't do it. It says SPIN THE ANALOG stick, but I spin it as fast as I can. Tried both directions. Uh, what do I do?[/QUOTE]

I go counter clockwise... and fairly slowly. It is the left stick and it does not have to be fast by any means. After that I think there is another prompt.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Well, I'm personally done with the game myself, since I refuse to re-do that frickin' music bs. It's not that it was that hard, but just fuckin' annoying and as others said it took you out of the immersion of the game.[/QUOTE]

Man.. some of you are sensitive as hell about video game content. Regardless of how pointless it seemed, it was like 10 whole seconds.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Wtf... I've been trying to rip this Minotaurs head off for like 5 minutes now. When I fail it doesnt hurt me so I can just retry, but I can't do it. It says SPIN THE ANALOG stick, but I spin it as fast as I can. Tried both directions. Uh, what do I do?[/QUOTE]

are you spinning the left analog stick ? all those directional movement things are set to the left stick now.

[quote name='Vinny']Man.. some of you are sensitive as hell about video game content. Regardless of how pointless it seemed, it was like 10 whole seconds.[/QUOTE]

im surprised people are having trouble with that it only took me 2 tries to get it but that said it was a pointless section. the parts that imo were hardest are
flying down the tube and the giant scorpion battle. both of those sections were cheap especially the flying one since your body placement obscures your view so its hard to see whats coming up.

[quote name='Vinny']Man.. some of you are sensitive as hell about video game content. Regardless of how pointless it seemed, it was like 10 whole seconds.[/QUOTE]

It seemed out of place to have the Playstation controller buttons in this game, plus it added a level of annoying to the game. I loved the rest of the game, but the GH crap was worthless and annoying and nothing else.

Normally, I'd play back through a game like this just to see if I missed anything along the way(and no doubt I did since I didn't max my items out, I think). Playing the rest of the game would be a blast again, but playing this segment would suck ass completely.

[quote name='lokizz']are you spinning the left analog stick ? all those directional movement things are set to the left stick now.[/QUOTE]
Yea... that was my problem. Haha, I'm going nuts today. How come it feels like this was the only one that used the left?

I died twice, with full life while trying to kill a certain God
Hermes
because I kept failing the analog stick prompt. I also almost threw my controller at that point, until I figured out the trick is to make the motion quickly, and to not worry about having the analog stick touch the the rim of the well it sits in. The times I died, I tried to make sure I slid the stick along the rim of the analog stick's well to make sure the game got the motion correct, needless to say, don't do this. My suggestion is to just make a motion with your thumb like you're trying to rub a spot out using a circular motion.

I had the most troubles where the prompts asked you to make half circles or 3/4 quarter motions, never ran into an issue where I had to constantly spin the stick though..

People seem to always find something to bitch about even in a badass game all around such as God of War III Seriously.. the music section took all of 20 seconds.. with the success of Rock band and guitar hero .. they probably threw it in rather than put a greek letter and then had to show a diagram saying what PS button each correlated with.. how simple can you be haha

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DarkNessBear']Yea... that was my problem. Haha, I'm going nuts today. How come it feels like this was the only one that used the left?[/QUOTE]

I was confused as hell the first time I went to do one of those kills and I was using the right stick too. I especially hated the slapping the stick left and right since it seemed like you had to do it a bit more vigorously than in the prior games.

Unfortunately, the left stick is the one most games use for movement, so I was worried bout it fuckin' it up.:roll::cry:
[quote name='GameOverSuckas']People seem to always find something to bitch about even in a badass game all around such as God of War III Seriously.. the music section took all of 20 seconds.. with the success of Rock band and guitar hero .. they probably threw it in rather than put a greek letter and then had to show a diagram saying what PS button each correlated with.. how simple can you be haha[/QUOTE]
It's called I hate Rock Band/Guitar Hero and games like it. Personally, I would've much rathered a puzzle ala Uncharted/Uncharted 2 with symbols that I had to twist and turn till I got them positioned to match a map I picked up.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Yea... that was my problem. Haha, I'm going nuts today. How come it feels like this was the only one that used the left?[/QUOTE]

i had trouble with that when i first started this game too. the first 2 games it was all in the left stick then they change it up to the right and its weird as hell. it never feels right and i still dont get why they did it. i had trouble with the wall climbing too id try to go to the left or right and id go up and vice versa.

For half/3-quarter circle motions, you have to move your Analog stick out to the side and then do the motion.

So if it's half circle from the bottom going up, you have to move your analog stick down, and then rotate it counter-clockwise.

The analog stick ones that I hate the most are the single directional ones. Where you just swing down the the left or down to the right. Those are the easiest ones to mess up in the heat of battle. Another control I didn't like is when you were hanging and you had to move in a certain direction. No matter where you pointed it always seems that you would go in the wrong direction. Boss fights were annoying because of this.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Im disappointed that one of the songs in the game, where you are in hades and hear the souls singing...think there is even a note about it you can read on the ground, doesnt seem to be in the soundtrack. Its kind of creepy, but i love it.[/QUOTE]

I liked that song as well, it reminded me of one the tunes in Shogun Assassin.

[quote name='Thomas96']After playing the game on the first night, I called my mom Wednesday morning and told her. "ma... you need to come over to my house and see this game... the most action, greatest graphics that you'll ever see in a video game" She's coming on sunday and I'm going to take the PS3 to the living room and play that first level on my big screen 1080p TV. [/QUOTE]

My mom would laugh at me and tell me to go fuck myself if I called her and told her to come over and look at a video game.

You are out of this world, man.

[quote name='lokizz']i had trouble with that when i first started this game too. the first 2 games it was all in the left stick then they change it up to the right and its weird as hell. it never feels right and i still dont get why they did it. i had trouble with the wall climbing too id try to go to the left or right and id go up and vice versa.[/QUOTE]
Yea, it also did not help that I played Heavy Rain before GoW3. Every analog move is done with the left stick...

Wow i just ran into this, i cant believe i didnt read about it before. But DC is coming out with God of War 3 figures, around november. First set includes Kratos, Zeus, Hercules, and Hades. There are no pics as of yet. Wow i was just thinking that would be sweet if they came out with these. If they look anything like the WOW figures they are going to look sweet.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Wow i just ran into this, i cant believe i didnt read about it before. But DC is coming out with God of War 3 figures, around november. First set includes Kratos, Zeus, Hercules, and Hades. There are no pics as of yet. Wow i was just thinking that would be sweet if they came out with these. If they look anything like the WOW figures they are going to look sweet.[/QUOTE]
Wonder no more here are what they are going to look like and when they hit stores...

http://www.dccomics.com/dccomics/search/?q=god+of+war&x=0&y=0

They had some DC Universe figures made before if you look around and on ebay

I got mine last week. But I entered it a week before the game came out.

Hey, who wants to skip 20 minutes? I know I do. Here's a sequence breaking video.

The guy who made it has a more optimized video of the same sequence too, but that's kinda hard to make out what's happening.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Wow i just ran into this, i cant believe i didnt read about it before. But DC is coming out with God of War 3 figures, around november. First set includes Kratos, Zeus, Hercules, and Hades. There are no pics as of yet. Wow i was just thinking that would be sweet if they came out with these. If they look anything like the WOW figures they are going to look sweet.[/QUOTE]

I'm definitely going to pick some up this time. I didn't even know they made figures until recently.

[quote name='GameOverSuckas']And another thing has anyone gotten their damn preorder codes yet????????? It's the 24th now and I haven't heard fuck[/QUOTE]

nope. did mine on the 12th ( same day i got my gs code) ive sent sony 2 emails about it and only got the standard wait 5 days bs on the first one. they ignored the second one.

[quote name='GameOverSuckas']Wonder no more here are what they are going to look like and when they hit stores...

http://www.dccomics.com/dccomics/search/?q=god+of+war&x=0&y=0

They had some DC Universe figures made before if you look around and on ebay[/QUOTE]

There are no images there, just a coming soon pic. Unless you meant for me to read the descriptions?

As for GOW3 skins, i did 3 of them on march 15th, and still nothing. They should have just made them redeemable through PS3 and not this crappy way.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Im disappointed that one of the songs in the game, where you are in hades and hear the souls singing...think there is even a note about it you can read on the ground, doesnt seem to be in the soundtrack. Its kind of creepy, but i love it.

I written down all the hades notes you can find on the ground, and you press R1 to read them. Let me know if i missed any.

Notes of Hades

- This oppressive darkness is no place for a delecate flower to bloom. Tonight, I honor Hades' request and join his table, but I swear on the morrow, I will leave this foul place with you at my side. Nothing shall keep me from you my darling Persephone.
- Peirithous

- The melody, it plays on and will not stop. The voice sings of pain and loss. These things I know too well, but still can bear. It is when the voice sings of hope that I learn true anguish, a longing for that which I can never have.
- ??? (Pandora?)

Young Soul
- The fires! The people screaming! I was so scared. Why didnt father protect us? The judges say I have to go now to Elysium and that it will be nice there. I miss my family.
- ??? (Calliope)

- He was my responsibility. It was my burden to raise him, teach him right from wrong. All who get too near him suffer or die. His wife, his child, his brother, and now me. I failed him; as a mother, as a human being. His sins are mine to bear. Punish me for his shortcomings, and grant my son redemption.
- ??? (Kratos' Mother)

- He could have saved me. He held my life in his hand, and still he let go. I may have been just a mere boat captain, but he treated me as if i was nothing! He is to blame for my torment here! I hope he suffers in Hades as I have. Damn that Ghost of Sparta!
- ??? (Boat Captain)

- Hades, I beg at your palace gates, grant me a reprieve! Have I not become all you have wanted? Are my debts not paid in full? How long must I hope for a rescue that will never come? He becomes a God, while I rot and suffer. Release me so that I may have my revenge!
- ??? (Kratos' Brother)

Laughed after reading the boat captains. I loved how they keep bringing him back somehow.
[/QUOTE]

Cool list! Yeah, i think that's pretty much all to it, but i might have missed one or two...

The boat captain is funny as hell... especially in part II. Personally, i want to know more about Kratos' mother, she has to be a larger than life character for leaving such note! Then there's Kratos' brother... He seems to be interesting too.

[quote name='Vinny']I'm definitely going to pick some up this time. I didn't even know they made figures until recently.[/QUOTE]
same here... i didn't like the Kratos figure that's on the shelves now (err, they're hard to come by though, i only saw the lightning Kratos, translucent one).

I probably going to pick up a set too. Hercules is cool!

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']It seemed out of place to have the Playstation controller buttons in this game, plus it added a level of annoying to the game. I loved the rest of the game, but the GH crap was worthless and annoying and nothing else.[/QUOTE]

Did you forget that in the last 2 games, giant sized PS buttons flashed on the screen during QTEs? Or how, even in this game, the O button flashes above an enemy's head?

[quote name='flameofdoom666']Agreed.[/QUOTE]

Just got off of the phone with Sony Customer support they said that the servers didn't go up until the 18th and takes 5 "business days" so should be sent by tomorrow or friday

[quote name='GameOverSuckas']Just got off of the phone with Sony Customer support they said that the servers didn't go up until the 18th and takes 5 "business days" so should be sent by tomorrow or friday[/QUOTE]

i hope they never do this again. if youre worried about people in stores stockpiling them and selling them and not having enough for preorders then why not just put the codes for the skins inside the damn box sealed. did they ever give a reason for why they did it like this?

no I asked her.. but honestly its just the girl on the phone she's just told what to say .. probably doesn't know much else than her script.. I did ask her this.. when 2 more days pass and I still don't get my email code .. and I call back up will someone else tell me a new story and have to wait another 5 business days? haha

just beat gow3, on normal; just beat all the god of wars right after another (all on normal), but was disappointed in gow 2 & 3 because seemed like the platforming wasn't as tightly tuned as the first one which i guess some would call bad but i loved.

i was wondering, i haven't tried it yet, is any of the platforming harder if you increase the difficulty or is it mostly have to do with damage input/output on enemies? if so might give gow2 and gow3 another play through.

[quote name='Guy Mockingdale']just beat gow3, on normal; just beat all the god of wars right after another (all on normal), but was disappointed in gow 2 & 3 because seemed like the platforming wasn't as tightly tuned as the first one which i guess some would call bad but i loved.

i was wondering, i haven't tried it yet, is any of the platforming harder if you increase the difficulty or is it mostly have to do with damage input/output on enemies? if so might give gow2 and gow3 another play through.[/QUOTE]
haha Try Titan mode on GOW 3.. let us know how that goes.. there are some parts that will have you like how the fuck do I beat this guy .. or animal.. haha I'm at Zeus now on Titan mode.. wanna platinum the game as I did GOW 1 and 2 .. only a few trophies away

[quote name='GameOverSuckas']wanna platinum the game as I did GOW 1 and 2 .. only a few trophies away[/QUOTE]

Me tooo!

I just killed
Hades
, and have a hectic week- but damnit, I will get that platinum! Two trophies awayyy!

yea I missed one damn godly possession I'm pissed but I'm beating it on titan so ill be able to use all of the others and play it again through for the third time and do it on easy so it should be a breeze then I'll be PLATINUM haha

If you have any probs this guys vids and walk throughs are awesome.. you can go through the different ones but he has everything up for the entire game. I've done some my own way and beat it faster especially cerebus after the labrynth.. I just put on Nemean Cestus and pounded his ass using square .. gets you to the first head cut fast with no damage if you stay to the back and side of him while punching him and the dogs get knocked out of the way at the same time.. then I did the same thing second round.. keeping the sword guy on the other side of the dog so he couldn't touch me.. 3rd round and final head.. MAGIC olympus archer and USE the O button .. destroys the dog.. you get full health back and then L1 and O to jack the swordsmen up or you can use your blue sword I know I'm a dumbass but I'm drawing a blank to what the name of it is but it tears them apart and you're finally DONE

http://www.youtube.com/user/NextGenTactics#p/u/5/2YCmpGkcntE

[quote name='GameOverSuckas']yea I missed one damn godly possession I'm pissed but I'm beating it on titan so ill be able to use all of the others and play it again through for the third time and do it on easy so it should be a breeze then I'll be PLATINUM haha[/QUOTE]

If you've got a save near that possession, you can just re-load it and get it that way.

Anybody else notice that the counter on spartansstandtall.com is just past the 1/4 point? You guys need to hurry up dammit!

[quote name='Vinny']If you've got a save near that possession, you can just re-load it and get it that way.

Anybody else notice that the counter on spartansstandtall.com is just past the 1/4 point? You guys need to hurry up dammit![/QUOTE]

Just to add to this: they also don't have to be on the same file. You can have 10 files, with one possession each and still get the trophy.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']Just to add to this: they also don't have to be on the same file. You can have 10 files, with one possession each and still get the trophy.[/QUOTE]
how do I get back to that point or where are some spots that I can still back travel from to get there

[quote name='Vinny']Anybody else notice that the counter on spartansstandtall.com is just past the 1/4 point? You guys need to hurry up dammit![/QUOTE]

It's moving? Does it count actual Platinum trophies? It can't be hits, since the site has been plastered on game news sites.

bread's done
Back