God of War III Ultimate Edition $24.99 @ GS Stores

DanteWarrior

CAGiversary!
Feedback
81 (100%)
If you can find one, the GOW3 Ultimate Edition is now sold as a used copy of GOW3 ($24.99)in all Gamestop stores.
Some stores still have them sealed but the UE SKU does not show up in their system anymore, so you can either call or check in person.

There have been 3 or 4 people people getting a free box or book while looking for guides. Can you explain this more? You are checking gamestops for old material and guides they are discarding, and getting it free? I don't get it. How do you bring it up? Just ask if they have extra materials they are going to throw away?

Went to my nearest Gamestop and asked the employee if they had the God of War III Ultimate Edition. He then tried convincing me that there was no such thing and that he'd never heard of it. While I was talking to the cashier, I overheard another employee talking to a customer about how they were on the Fortune 500.:roll: It's a wonder they're doing so well, when Gamestop employs people who are completely oblivious/idiots.

[quote name='nbballard']more incentive to buy these- they are trading for $37 on Amazon right now.[/QUOTE]

That's not bad, but if one chooses to sell on eBay, they could make those $37 in pure profit.

[quote name='sgr76']You know what? From my last interaction with the store that the site says had it, I'm sure they have it but aren't selling it. The associate seemed a little too sure for someone who didn't even bother to look[/QUOTE]
If it will ease your conscience, reconfirm with another employee at another time. This is a deal that you should get in on if you can. Otherwise, it's not worth mulling over, because it's so YMMV or out of your control.

I lucked out by calling the first store on the inventory checker, which had one copy available, as well as an employee who didn't sound like he'd provide any weird hiccups whatsoever. Once he said the copy was unopened and he'd hold it for me, it was a no-brainer to drive to the store to buy it. I almost resigned myself to skipping the deal initially, because of the varying accounts from members here.

It sucks for those who dealt with having new copies gutted.

[quote name='karatebear']That's not bad, but if one chooses to sell on eBay, they could make those $37 in pure profit.[/QUOTE]

the last one i saw sold was $39 final price....that isn't that great of profit

[quote name='sadboy']If it will ease your conscience, reconfirm with another employee at another time. This is a deal that you should get in on if you can. Otherwise, it's not worth mulling over, because it's so YMMV or out of your control.

I lucked out by calling the first store on the inventory checker, which had one copy available, as well as an employee who didn't sound like he'd provide any weird hiccups whatsoever. Once he said the copy was unopened and he'd hold it for me, it was a no-brainer to drive to the store to buy it. I almost resigned myself to just skipping the deal initially, because of the differing accounts from members here.

It sucks for those who dealt with having new copies gutted.[/QUOTE]

I decided to do that, when I first went to the gamestop closest to me this morning the guy working there said they hadn't carried the ultimate edition in a while.

I called back a few hours later, got a different guy that said that their last copy was sold to someone last week when the "sale" started. Kinda makes me think an employee snatched it up..

[quote name='oldboy26']the last one i saw sold was $39 final price....that isn't that great of profit[/QUOTE]

I was basing that number off a brand new copy selling for $70 with $15 shipping and if you look at the eBay completed listings for this item, it's definitely possible. At the same time, I can see the value of this game plummeting with this deal getting so much attention so my numbers could be outdated in the very near future.

P.S. Awesome username and pic, Oldboy was a really unique and great movie. If you haven't checked it out yet, "Sympathy for Lady Vengeance" is pretty good as well and is made by the same director. Not as good as Oldboy, but definitely worth checking out.

Will see if GS has a copy of GoW3 after returning my copy of Killzone 3 tomorrow. I'll see if I can give a fellow cheapy a hand.

[quote name='sunghost']I decided to do that, when I first went to the gamestop closest to me this morning the guy working there said they hadn't carried the ultimate edition in a while.

I called back a few hours later, got a different guy that said that their last copy was sold to someone last week when the "sale" started. Kinda makes me think an employee snatched it up..[/QUOTE]
You know, I spoke with one employee who gave me both those excuses. I didn't want to push it any further, given I had no real reason to suspect he wasn't telling the truth. :lol:
[quote name='karatebear']P.S. Awesome username and pic, Oldboy was a really unique and great movie.[/QUOTE]
I never saw the movie, but that octopus-eating scene is hilarious. Masitkke deuseyo! (bow)

[quote name='skateraXVIII']Went to my nearest Gamestop and asked the employee if they had the God of War III Ultimate Edition. He then tried convincing me that there was no such thing and that he'd never heard of it. While I was talking to the cashier, I overheard another employee talking to a customer about how they were on the Fortune 500.:roll: It's a wonder they're doing so well, when Gamestop employs people who are completely oblivious/idiots.[/QUOTE]

I had a similar experience at the Lloyd Center, OR store (upper floor) this afternoon. Went in and the clerk bluntly asked "Why would you want the Collector's Edition?". I was with a buddy, and we just both looked at each other, furled brow and everything, in the 'Did he really just ask us that question' way. While I was fighting the urge to face-palm right there, the clerk went on about how the CE couldnt be found in retail and blah blah blah...

The funny part about it, was there is another GS located on the floor directly below that we tried first. They were the store that had copies on the locator, and they chatted about how like 6 people already came in asking for it (it sold like right after opening apparently).

What the lower floor store did though, was hook me up with a mint used copy of UC2 (original release) INCLUDING an unused GOTY code that someone traded in with a used copy. This is the same store that also managed to score me a (basically) free copy of Document of MGS2, after dealing with the nightmare of store-to-store shipping.

So yeah, I hope some of you folks found a copy. And curses to the other CAGer in the PDX area that snatched it. :applause:

[quote name='dinovelvet']Hmm...is there no way to check stock online?
gam.jpg
[/QUOTE]

None that I know of....

[quote name='Marauder7']Will see if GS has a copy of GoW3 after returning my copy of Killzone 3 tomorrow. I'll see if I can give a fellow cheapy a hand.[/QUOTE]

If you can find me one, I'd happily pay the cost, shipping, and a few bucks for the trouble.

To clarify about my prior post: When you buy the GoW3 UE at gamestop they are selling it to you at the regular edition used price, same sku etc. Much like if you trade in a collectors edition you will only get the regular edition price for credit with or without your extra items (except on a very rare occasion the edition actually contains more for example- force unleashed ultimate sith edition or bad company gold edition)

So considering most gamestops are forced to toss the extras away for that very reason and having first hand done this myself being a former gamestop manager, did this exact same thing with the halo 3 legendary editions w/ helmet etc and had to move them to regular used price and dispose of helmet. To return your already owned copy of GoW3 or even to open the UE and return that game and keep the box, codes etc is exactly what the receipt from your purchase has on it, they are not losing anything. Again, not against their return policy just more so slightly shady , if you wish to be polite about it just return it to another store.

Think about this next time your in a gamestop and see where someone traded in the CE version(which is the same price as regular used version) of a game you already own =)

[quote name='Madrocsz']To clarify about my prior post: When you buy the GoW3 UE at gamestop they are selling it to you at the regular edition used price, same sku etc. Much like if you trade in a collectors edition you will only get the regular edition price for credit with or without your extra items (except on a very rare occasion the edition actually contains more for example- force unleashed ultimate sith edition or bad company gold edition)

So considering most gamestops are forced to toss the extras away for that very reason and having first hand done this myself being a former gamestop manager, did this exact same thing with the halo 3 legendary editions w/ helmet etc and had to move them to regular used price and dispose of helmet. To return your already owned copy of GoW3 or even to open the UE and return that game and keep the box, codes etc is exactly what the receipt from your purchase has on it, they are not losing anything. Again, not against their return policy just more so slightly shady , if you wish to be polite about it just return it to another store.

Think about this next time your in a gamestop and see where someone traded in the CE version(which is the same price as regular used version) of a game you already own =)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. Looks like I will be stopping by Gamestop tomorrow before school to return my game. I don't see what the big deal is since I now have 2 copies and was going to trade in one anyway. As much as I have been screwed over by GS in the past, I'm sure I won't lose any sleep over getting my 24 bucks back.

Now that the GOW3 site has fixed its login issue from this morning, I was able to redeem my voucher for the soundtrack and download both of the soundtrack downloads without any issue.

[quote name='sadboy']If it will ease your conscience, reconfirm with another employee at another time. This is a deal that you should get in on if you can. Otherwise, it's not worth mulling over, because it's so YMMV or out of your control.

I lucked out by calling the first store on the inventory checker, which had one copy available, as well as an employee who didn't sound like he'd provide any weird hiccups whatsoever. Once he said the copy was unopened and he'd hold it for me, it was a no-brainer to drive to the store to buy it. I almost resigned myself to skipping the deal initially, because of the varying accounts from members here.

It sucks for those who dealt with having new copies gutted.[/QUOTE]

I gave up and just said forget it. I have only lived in this city a few years but in my attempts to get deals, i learn more and more about the stores/employees/natives every attempt. This particular store is one i have never visited (and likely never will again). I will just stick to my normal store from now on

On a related note, i noticed the Target store nearest to me no longer has a clearance section and when i asked an associate about it, he just double-talked me into a corner and walked away.

Me: What happened to the clearance section?
Him: This is it
Me: But there are no games here marked clearance
Him: We just put older games here that don't fit anywhere else
Me: But there are no prices on them
Him (walking away): Exactly
Me: ???

[quote name='sgr76']I gave up and just said forget it. I have only lived in this city a few years but in my attempts to get deals, i learn more and more about the stores/employees/natives every attempt. This particular store is one i have never visited (and likely never will again). I will just stick to my normal store from now on

On a related note, i noticed the Target store nearest to me no longer has a clearance section and when i asked an associate about it, he just double-talked me into a corner and walked away.

Me: What happened to the clearance section?
Me: ???[/QUOTE]

The target closest to me does not put the clearance games on the end rack anymore. Instead, they just leave them in the glass case and paste the clearance sticker on them. It's worth a shot to check.

my old used copy just sold on Amazon for $19, so makes for a nice cheap CE upgrade. Off to download stuff before it's too late...

Picked up the last one, but it had already been opened and the outer box was a little beat up. Fortunately, the game itself and all of the digital download codes are intact. I hadn't played this game yet, so it was a nice find. Thanks.

[quote name='Pookymeister']my old used copy just sold on Amazon for $19, so makes for a nice cheap CE upgrade. Off to download stuff before it's too late...[/QUOTE]

all the codes worked except for the documentary.
That one says "
The code you entered may not be correct or may no longer be valid. Please check your entries."

didn't fat finger it, since typing some gibberish gets another message. Oh well.

[quote name='Pookymeister']all the codes worked except for the documentary.
[/QUOTE]

Did you buy a sealed one or open copy. If the documentary code is not working in new boxes, I may keep mine sealed. Already have the regular copy

On a different note, I am glad so many people got onto this deal. :)

[quote name='sgr76']Me: What happened to the clearance section?
Me: ???[/QUOTE]
Exactly! Just kidding.

Have you tried scanning them at one of their terminals?

[quote name='sadboy']Exactly! Just kidding.

Have you tried scanning them at one of their terminals?[/QUOTE]

No, i just stood there thinking and staring at the games for a few minutes and eventually left

Well, the GS I visited supposedly had some in stock (according to the previous url to the Gamestop website) and I called them to ask them if they had any in stock. I recall specifically asking for the "God Of War III: Pandora's Box" and the girl who answered said that they had it for $24.99.

I asked her to hold it for me and that I'd pick it up later in the afternoon.

When I arrived there and asked for the game, the male clerks were somewhat helpful, but more apathetic than anything.

The kicker? The girl thought I was asking for the "God Of War Collection". Needless to say, I was a bit irritated, nearing borderline pissed but decided that getting angry and raising my voice would do no good, as if they did not have any in stock, what is the use of me being angry; it's not like another set will materialize right then and there.

All in all, I have a feeling they weren't telling the whole truth and that they possibly knew where some sets may be available.

Regardless, I don't plan on going to that GS store for any needs in the foreseeable future, considering that the employees didn't seem to care too much for their mistake.

They could have at least been a little more helpful in attempting to find another copy via another store, yet their attitudes were simply like "We don't have any. Sorry." then proceed to go on about their business.

Went to the only store that still had it and was told that it had been "discontinued". Which means, "I'm buying it after shift end."

Thank you op! I got the only one in the county. Lady at the store thought somehing was wrong and I assured her it was.correct. very happy I waited on getting the game.
Also mine was 25.99 but I didn't argue.

Naturally, when deals like these come up, the closest Gamestop that has the item is 63 miles away. Plus, with the way gas prices are, I'd be better off just buying a copy off Amazon and actually saving some money

I know it's a long shot here, but if anyone can pick up a second copy, or just doesn't really want the one they have, I'll pay $30 cash, standard GoW3 game, and 1 or 2 other PS3 games for their Ultimate Edition

Just called my local GS and they are holding a copy for me to pick up at lunch time. The best part? I have two copies of the non CE edition I will be selling this afternoon for $25 each. :D

[quote name='Organization_XIII']I know it's a long shot here, but if anyone can pick up a second copy, or just doesn't really want the one they have, I'll pay $30 cash, standard GoW3 game, and 1 or 2 other PS3 games for their Ultimate Edition[/QUOTE]

Hey if you will do the leg-work to find the copy and have them hold it, I don't mind picking it up and trading with you. You'd have to cover the cost of shipping though. If that sounds good, check this zip code in the Dallas,TX area: 75207

I'm picking up the last one in the south Dallas area in about an hour, so anything N,E, or W of Dallas should still show it available. Use this link:

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/stor...D=FKSJxY2VJAk-PnK4l9pqN6_jr5Pqwg.eXw&CCTest=1

(sorry for the double post)

[quote name='fortunado']Hey if you will do the leg-work to find the copy and have them hold it, I don't mind picking it up and trading with you. You'd have to cover the cost of shipping though. If that sounds good, check this zip code in the Dallas,TX area: 75207

I'm picking up the last one in the south Dallas area in about an hour, so anything N,E, or W of Dallas should still show it available. Use this link:

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/stor...D=FKSJxY2VJAk-PnK4l9pqN6_jr5Pqwg.eXw&CCTest=1

(sorry for the double post)[/QUOTE]

Would they let me hold a copy and have someone else pick it up?

[quote name='GunPanther']Well, the GS I visited supposedly had some in stock (according to the previous url to the Gamestop website) and I called them to ask them if they had any in stock. I recall specifically asking for the "God Of War III: Pandora's Box" and the girl who answered said that they had it for $24.99.

I asked her to hold it for me and that I'd pick it up later in the afternoon.

When I arrived there and asked for the game, the male clerks were somewhat helpful, but more apathetic than anything.

The kicker? The girl thought I was asking for the "God Of War Collection". Needless to say, I was a bit irritated, nearing borderline pissed but decided that getting angry and raising my voice would do no good, as if they did not have any in stock, what is the use of me being angry; it's not like another set will materialize right then and there.

All in all, I have a feeling they weren't telling the whole truth and that they possibly knew where some sets may be available.

Regardless, I don't plan on going to that GS store for any needs in the foreseeable future, considering that the employees didn't seem to care too much for their mistake.

They could have at least been a little more helpful in attempting to find another copy via another store, yet their attitudes were simply like "We don't have any. Sorry." then proceed to go on about their business.[/QUOTE]

They didn't have any copies of a LIMITED EDITION, so... What do you expect them to do? Magically rip one from their anus? Most GS employees have no knowledge of what's going on, so expecting anything other than what happened is expecting far too much.

I called three area stores in Baton Rouge and was told that it had been "transferred to used" and that no GameStops would have it anymore. All three stores told me basically the same thing. I figure that means they got rid of them, employees bought them, they sold off or trashed the CE items, or some combination of things that were described earlier. I put in a couple of half-hearted bids for new UEs on ebay, but I'm probably not going to pay more than $30 in any case.

[quote name='Organization_XIII']I know it's a long shot here, but if anyone can pick up a second copy, or just doesn't really want the one they have, I'll pay $30 cash, standard GoW3 game, and 1 or 2 other PS3 games for their Ultimate Edition[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a good deal to me. However, the edition I bought was already opened, and the outer box shows some wear. However, the insert with the codes has not been disturbed. If you're interested, PM me.

Checked both Gamestops that showed it on the tracker, and they already took apart the Ultimate edition and employee's took the parts home. It was worth the try, but in a good way at least I saved all my money :p

[quote name='Ultragamer']Checked both Gamestops that showed it on the tracker, and they already took apart the Ultimate edition and employee's took the parts home. It was worth the try, but in a good way at least I saved all my money :p[/QUOTE]
Follow them back to their homes, Kratos-style. ...Err--just kidding.

I just picked the last one up here locally. It was already opened (seals popped) but looks like they just opened it to look at the box as the game was still sealed. Still in great condition.

[quote name='sadboy']Follow them back to their homes, Kratos-style. ...Err--just kidding.[/QUOTE]

If I was gonna stalk someone I would do it Splinter Cell style. Or Metal Gear Solid style with a cardboard box.

[quote name='Ultragamer']If I was gonna stalk someone I would do it Splinter Cell style. Or Metal Gear Solid style with a cardboard box.[/QUOTE]

Hell, I'd do it Duke Nukem style.

bread's done
Back