GOG Deals Thread

Yeah, I was working on an update to my post when you posted this. It probably deserves it's on post though, so I'll just do it here.

Special promo

80% off High 5 Promo

Basically, you pick 5 games from the following list and you save 80%. A sort of Build-A-Bundle if you will. Price listed is after discount.

Alan Wake's American Nightmare - $2.00
Alan Wake - $5.00
Blackwell Bundle - $3.00
Torchlight - $2.00
Primordia - $2.00
Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers - $2.00
Zafehouse: Diaries - $2.00
Miasmata - $2.00
Strike Suit Zero - $4.00
Evoland - $2.00
Puddle - $2.00
Driftmoon - $3.00
Sword of the Stars: The Pit - $2.00
Waking Mars - $2.00
Lucius - $4.00
Cat Lady, The - $2.00
Stacking - $2.00
Anodyne - $2.00
Omerta: City of Gangsters (All DLCs included) - $5.00
Dyad - $3.00
Slender: The Arrival - $2.00
Signal Ops - $3.00
Amnesia: The Dark Descent - $4.00
Penumbra Collection, The - $2.00
Shattered Haven - $2.00
I'd be interested.. if they weren't all indie games.

Hrm, here's a set I put together:

$2.00 - MIASMATA

$2.00 - ANODYNE

$2.00 - PUDDLE

$2.00 - EVOLAND

$4.00 - STRIKE SUIT ZERO

TOTAL: $12.00
Any thoughts? Worth it? Naturally, with games like these, I expect we'll be seeing them in a Humble Bundle before long...

Omerta complete for $5 is the only thing that's interesting to me on the list, but then I'd have to get 4 more games that don't really interest me at all. Will wait for bundle.

Hrm, here's a set I put together:

Any thoughts? Worth it? Naturally, with games like these, I expect we'll be seeing them in a Humble Bundle before long...
Don't buy Anodyne unless you want an extremely shallow Zelda-like with ridiculously bad pretentious dialog that makes little to no sense and five hours of monotonous maze navigating.

In short, I hated it, but a scant few seem to have enjoyed it so YMMV. I wouldn't recommend it even for free, since there are too many better games for my time to be worth it.

For anyone who has missed a ton of bundles it's actually a pretty awesome deal.  Some games will likely not be bundled too often.  It does give me high hopes we'll see a Omerta complete on Steam for $5 at some point soon. 

Am I the only one who miss Veil of darkness?

Edit: GOG is celebrating its 5th birthday, hence the hi-5 discount. There would be more surprises and a grand finale by october

Last edited by a moderator:
unfortunatly i already have 3 or 4 on this list so i cant really fill it out for the 3 that i actually want.. Evoland, Anodyne, and the Cat Lady. Too bad it doesn't just take an ammount of the total like some other sales did in the past if you bought a bundle

Driftmoon is totally worth the asking price. I played about an three hours or so of that so far and it was a blast. Not the most difficult game ever, but it's just packed full of geeky references.

As for Evoland, I'd also say it's worth it at that price and I actually did a first look video earlier today for anyone who's curious. http://youtu.be/m0pIF5FVx2Q For the true CAG, it's probably a skip as the gameplay itself isn't that engaging, but it 'is' very fun to play for the memories and it totally reminded me of the NES games I played as a kid.

any suggestions for the last couple?

i have torchlight and driftmoon

im eyeballing Evoland, Anodyne, and i guess the cat lady... need 2 more. Primordia looks like a maybe. ANyone played it? any other ones there look good?

any suggestions for the last couple?

i have torchlight and driftmoon

im eyeballing Evoland, Anodyne, and i guess the cat lady... need 2 more. Primordia looks like a maybe. ANyone played it? any other ones there look good?
A fellow CAG really liked Primordia, but having played a bit of it I can say that it's very difficult. Maybe not if you are more familiar with point and click adventure games, but it's something to keep in mind (I've been getting stuck fairly often, more so than most adventure games I've played).

Anodyne I didn't care for and wouldn't recommend, but that's just my opinion. I'm very interested in Evoland as well, but haven't played it so I can't comment on it.

I had a great time with Waking Mars and would recommend it if you like metroidvania style games, but it has been bundled before. Same with Stacking and Alan Wake, though if you don't have them it's not a bad price.

http://www.gog.com/game/stargunner

Celebrate our fifth birthday and shoot for the stars--for free!

Our fifth birthday celebrations continue with the addition of a new free game to the catalog: Stargunner, a frenetic Sci-Fi side-scrolling classic shooter, is now on GOG.com!

In a distant galaxy of Andromeda an epic struggle between two planets is drawing to a close. The greedy, powerful Zilions are gathering an almighty fleet to destroy, once and for all, a neighboring civilization of Ytimians. When their army takes flight, there is nothing that can stop them from annihilating Ytima. Unless you--one of the elite squad of Stargunners--can cripple their immense forces while they are still stationed at strongholds scattered on the surface of Zile. The challenge, even for a special forces pilot like you, is daunting. So get your laser cannons charged and lead your swift spacecraft to victory!

Stargunner is an exceptionally well-crafted Sci-Fi shooter with fast-paced action and explosive boss fights. You will have to battle over 75 unique, fully-rendered and animated enemy ships in diverse environments: in space, on the planet's Zile mountainous surface, even underwater, with plenty of weapons, shields, and power-ups available to boost your craft. With fitting soundtrack and--for the time of its original release--ground-breaking pre-rendered 3D graphics, which made the game one of the most beautiful and detailed shooters of the 90s, Stargunner is a sure-fire pick for classic shoot 'em up fans!

Blast through the almighty Zilion fleet in this frantic space extravaganza, get your free copy of Stargunner on GOG.com!

via Steam group

I picked up Evoland, Lucius, Driftmoon, Omerta complete and Primordia for about $16 and I'm totally cool with that.  Wanted Miasmata at that price but I'm just not sure how much I'd enjoy it in the end.

I hope I get some extra cash soon. Daikatana -will be mine-.

That's a game I want to try too. It seems the main problem was the first levels and the über-hype

I'm telling you guys the Humble Squeenix Bundle is coming soon.  Look at all the promos they've had in the last couple of weeks.

I'm telling you guys the Humble Squeenix Bundle is coming soon. Look at all the promos they've had in the last couple of weeks.

But I don't think it will include the non steam classics... I want to try anachronox

I'm telling you guys the Humble Squeenix Bundle is coming soon. Look at all the promos they've had in the last couple of weeks.
Hmm, you just might be on to something there. Square/Enix sales are usually pretty hard to come by. Sometimes you have to wait a whole two weeks.

Square Enix has done a 75% off promo in each of the last two GOG major sales (June '13, Dec '12). I would count on some of these being featured in such a promo again (but not all, maybe 6-10 games).

Square Enix has done a 75% off promo in each of the last two GOG major sales (June '13, Dec '12). I would count on some of these being featured in such a promo again (but not all, maybe 6-10 games).

Yeah. But (if my memory is ok) to get the discount you had to buy all the games on the promo.

You're correct, but it's usually worth it to buy the whole pack, especially if it has games like Deus Ex, Anachronox, etc.

That's assuming you don't already have several of them though which most people do.

Then it makes even more sense to complete the pack and get the rest of the games at 75% off. :)

Even if it's Daikatana!

I have some of those games on Steam, don't want to buy it again.

Can I get some help buying Magna Cum Laude? I want to buy it at 65% off, but don't own the other games at GOG (and probably won't buy them since I have them boxed.)

I recently had to sell my physical copy of MCL Uncut to help cover a debt so I figure buying it back for $2.09 is cheap enough to do.

Can I get some help buying Magna Cum Laude? I want to buy it at 65% off, but don't own the other games at GOG (and probably won't buy them since I have them boxed.)

I recently had to sell my physical copy of MCL Uncut to help cover a debt so I figure buying it back for $2.09 is cheap enough to do.
Aww man, I could have helped you out here because I own the other two games. Unfortunately, I didn't see this post until just now. :(

Hope you got somebody else to give you a hand.

I didn't notice this thread yesterday so I missed out on MCL. I would've been able to help you out.

No! I've been looking for a deal on these for a while. Pissed that I missed this. Does this site ever repeat deals?

No! I've been looking for a deal on these for a while. Pissed that I missed this deal. Does this site ever repeat deals?

Pretty sure they will someday

bread's done
Back