gohastings.com Used Blu Ray Sale 40% Off

jd302426

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
gohastings.com is having their blu sale again Friday and Saturday. 40% off used Blus. They also have a $5 off $25 automatic discount. Here are some blus cheaper than $5:
http://www.gohastings.com/browse/MO...64/N/2458+4294940756/departmentName/MOVIE.uts

Shipping is $3 for first movie $1 for each other after. Use discount multiple times to get free shipping. Sale is also in-store.

Boxsets are not included in this sale, sale just kicked in District 9 was 20 when posted now 12.

Here is a list of games you can trade in for $20 credit in-store, maybe some good flips?
http://www.gohastings.com/catalog/section.jsp?departmentName=POD&podName=VGTradeIns

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm having trouble deciding what to get.

So far I have
Funny People
Observe and Report
Jeff Dunham Arguing With Myself
17 Again
Role Models
Transformers ROF
Wolverine Origins
Night At the Museum 2
Ice Age 3
Taken

for 73.60 is that good/bad?

Would have loved to get World's Greatest Dad

I placed an order for

My bloody Valentine 3D
Friday the 13th (new one)
Taken
Tropic Thunder
Transporter 3

28 and change

I got the confirm email and they took the money out of my bank.. i hope that is a good sign, i was going to order more but with all these problems i just jumped on the first 5 ones i really wanted and ill add more if this order went through which i assume it did

[quote name='MrDubbs']I'm having trouble deciding what to get.

So far I have
Funny People
Observe and Report
Jeff Dunham Arguing With Myself
17 Again
Role Models
Transformers ROF
Wolverine Origins
Night At the Museum 2
Ice Age 3
Taken

for 73.60 is that good/bad?

Would have loved to get World's Greatest Dad[/QUOTE]

$7.36 per blu-ray from that list is pretty damn good. You can't beat a good blu-ray for under $8, especially considering none of those are considered catalog titles yet.

Well, I hope this is my last one. Picked up
A Scanner Darkly
Horton Hears a Who
Star Trek IV
Rocky Balboa
Harry Potter: Sorcerer's Stone
and to push it up over $25...
Waterworld (DVD) (my wife and I went to this movie when we were kids)
Spent a lot of money on all of these I have gotten, but this is an amazing deal on a lot of these movies. Between this and the recent Target coupon my BR collection has gone from 2 or 3 to about 50. Now CAG makes it so I get too many games and too many BRs.

[quote name='freshzen']$7.36 per blu-ray from that list is pretty damn good. You can't beat a good blu-ray for under $8, especially considering none of those are considered catalog titles yet.[/QUOTE]

I guess your right, I'm trying to decide too if the blu ray is worth it over the dvd, but I guess at the price it doesn't matter

[quote name='postulio']wow man, thats a pretty sandy vagina. it seems gohastings is 98% awesome, but those 2% have some quite bad experiences... =[

sorry to hear[/QUOTE]

They do have a piss poor website, but their prices are just amazing. Where else can you find used WWE dvds priced at 2 bucks?

The B&M is another story. I rarely find a good deal. Prices are ridiculous. 90% used blus are $19.99. Their tv boxsets are a joke. They still want $90 dollars for Star Trek seasons. Sometimes I see used inventory priced higher than brand new.

My biggest annoyance is they keep dvd boxsets and video games under lock and key so you have to flag down a worker just to look at an item and see the price, and it is hard to get someone to come help you!

Yeah I had Crank 2, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, and some other titles I actually wanted in my cart, was like 6.15 each and now the site isn't working.

Was suprised Wall-E was still in stock.

Apocalypto Used - Blu-ray $6.92
The Spiderwick Chronicles Used - Blu-ray $4.27
Pineapple Express Previously Viewed - Blu-ray $4.43
Year One Used - Blu-ray $5.39
Wall-E Previously Viewed - Blu-ray $7.74

Merchandise:$28.75
Tax: $2.11
Shipping/Handling:$6.99
Total:$32.85

wow out of the 20 i got, 5 are in stock, but my orders were placed HOURS ago when everything was still relatively good, hopefully everything will go through.

try to place multiple orders at 25-29$ (merchandise, before shipping) each for best savings. since you get $5 off every order of 25+. (if they still have that).

[quote name='postulio']wow out of the 20 i got, 5 are in stock, but my orders were placed HOURS ago when everything was still relatively good, hopefully everything will go through.

try to place multiple orders at 25-29$ (merchandise, before shipping) each for best savings. since you get $5 off every order of 25+. (if they still have that).[/QUOTE]

same here, 3 of the 4 I ordered are listed as "out of stock" but are listed as "in progress" in the status field. If they f@ck this up I'm just cancelling the 1 that is in stock and saying FU until they can get into the 21'st century with real time inventory

[quote name='postulio']wow out of the 20 i got, 5 are in stock, but my orders were placed HOURS ago when everything was still relatively good, hopefully everything will go through.

try to place multiple orders at 25-29$ (merchandise, before shipping) each for best savings. since you get $5 off every order of 25+. (if they still have that).[/QUOTE]

Ditto here, I put in 4 orders before 7am CST and then one more just now.

I'm about ready to say screw it, it came back up, went to check out and it won't load again. I have to work in a half an hour too :(

I hope all my orders go through.. I Placed about 10 plus orders.. Thanks for letting us know about the $5 off the $25 purchase. The Blu-Rays I ordered was :

Rambo Used - Blu-ray $6.20
Rambo III Used - Blu-ray $2.68
Rocky Balboa Used - Blu-ray $3.05
The Condemned Used - Blu-ray $2.94
War Used - Blu-ray $3.49
The Replacement Killers Used - Blu-ray $3.59
Shoot 'Em Up Used - Blu-ray $3.71
Mission: Impossible III Used - Blu-ray $5.38
Mission: Impossible II Used - Blu-ray $4.34
Mission: Impossible Used - Blu-ray $5.02
Pirates of Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest Used - Blu-ray $5.93
Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End Used - Blu-ray $5.94
Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl Used - Blu-ray $5.80
The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3 Used - Blu-ray $6.46
The Last House on the Left Used - Blu-ray $6.67
Blood Diamond Used - Blu-ray $5.58
The International Previously Viewed - Blu-ray $3.75
Little Man Used - Blu-ray $3.78
Rush Hour 3 Used - Blu-ray $3.90
The Messengers Used - Blu-ray $3.91
Next Used - Blu-ray $3.95
Kiss of the Dragon Used - Blu-ray $3.98
Good Luck Chuck Used - Blu-ray $4.84
Stealth Used - Blu-ray $4.85
Changeling Previously Viewed - Blu-ray $4.92
Eagle Eye Used - Blu-ray $5.06
The Simpsons: The Movie Used - Blu-ray $5.10
Superbad Used - Blu-ray $5.32
Passengers Used - Blu-ray $5.33
Push Previously Viewed - Blu-ray $5.45
The Covenant Used - Blu-ray $5.87
A Perfect Getaway Used - Blu-ray $11.99
The Proposal Used - Blu-ray $8.63
Body of Lies Used - Blu-ray $3.49
The Bucket List Used - Blu-ray $3.61
Pride and Glory Used - Blu-ray $4.03
What Happens in Vegas Used - Blu-ray $4.37
Pineapple Express Previously Viewed - Blu-ray $4.43
The Devil's Rejects Used - Blu-ray $3.18
The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor Previously Viewed - Blu-ray $4.67
Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li Used - Blu-ray $4.15
Mirrors Used - Blu-ray $4.80
Yes Man Previously Viewed - Blu-ray $4.81
Max Payne Used - Blu-ray $4.81
Marley & Me Previously Viewed - Blu-ray $5.00
My Best Friend's Girl Used - Blu-ray $5.04
Seven Pounds Previously Viewed - Blu-ray $5.29
Role Models Previously Viewed - Blu-ray $5.42
Friday the 13th Used - Blu-ray $5.45
Death Race Previously Viewed - Blu-ray $5.93
The Eye Used - Blu-ray $5.36
Ladder 49 Used - Blu-ray $6.43
The Incredible Hulk Previously Viewed - Blu-ray $6.81
Punisher: War Zone Used - Blu-ray $6.53
The Mask Used - Blu-ray $6.65
Bolt Previously Viewed - Blu-ray $7.96
Menace II Society Used - Blu-ray $9.69
Step Brothers Previously Viewed - Blu-ray $7.30

Also , just wanted to let everyone know if interested I know we are in the month of Jan but the calendars are also on sale. Once you add the calendar you selected into your cart it will show the sale price.

I hope they restock like with their current game sale. Took me a week before heavenly sword was in stock and I have a huge list from this sale I'll be monitoring.

The site has been down for me for about an hour now. I was still going to do 2-3 more orders but I already got a ton of good stuff.

GF ordered some for us, but a lot of titles I really wanted were OOS, Snatch+LockStock, Silent Hill (I know, the movie wasn't good, but Paramid-Head looked awesome), The Big Hit (mindless fun), and 28 Days Later.

I just placed an order. I had some problems getting to the final checkout page, but eventually it let me subit an order. We'll see if it actually went through.Picked up:pineapple ExpressDan In Real LifeTropic ThunderI Love You Man (Previously viewed)Twilight (for the wife...seriously)Total: $34.27 shipped. Less than $7 per movie...I can handle that. Luckily for my wife (and credit card), most of the movies I wanted were out of stock.

[quote name='freshzen']Click on the 40% off all blu-rays banner and skip the first 20 pages. The site is running fairly well at this point but everything is OOS. Still finding some decent stuff though, Mall Cop is $3.99, just added to cart a minute ago.[/QUOTE]

MALL COP was decent?!? lol. One of the worst "box office hits" of all-time.

For $3.99 on blu-ray I totally bought it. Also bought Observe & Report for a little under $5.

edit: The website goes down every 20 minutes, hope I can get Crank 2 from this sale.

I don't want to be that guy...but I would love for anyone here to post when they receive some bullshit DVD instead of the blu-ray they ordered. I thought they were the cat's meow on my first order (everything was damn near mint condition), but my second order they sucked major balls.

They sent some worthless FLEETWOOD MAC DVD instead of my copy of Blood. Someone else here had the same thing happen (a random concert DVD instead of their blu).

I'm not rooting against any of you...this is just coming from some poor bastard burned by these a-holes.

It was a mix-up. Contact them and I'm sure they will fix it. I've never had an order go bad from Hastings.

I went to a Hastings B&M today and while they had a ton of used movies, I couldn't bring myself to actually buy anything. I was very sad about that.

[quote name='tidwell']I don't want to be that guy...but I would love for anyone here to post when they receive some *** DVD instead of the blu-ray they ordered. I thought they were the cat's meow on my first order (everything was *** near mint condition), but my second order they sucked major balls.

They sent some worthless FLEETWOOD MAC DVD instead of my copy of Blood. Someone else here had the same thing happen (a random concert DVD instead of their blu).

I'm not rooting against any of you...this is just coming from some poor *** burned by these a-holes.[/QUOTE]

Didn't you already post this months ago in another thread? Just because you had a poor experience, which as I recall they readily corrected when you called, doesn't mean that they're a terrible company. Even Amazon has issues and hickups every now and then. Hastings hasn't been online for even a full year yet. All things considered, they're doing a great job.

I'm hoping mine all ship since I got in on most of mine in the first hour that the sale was live very early this morning.

Had I known about this sale this morning, I probably never would have made it to work.
Tons of great prices.
I'm new to Gohastings. Do they ever restock DURING the sale? I would expect not, seeing as though it is only 2 days.

[quote name='sunnysky']I think they just officially shut down there site. They have the "site under construction" page up.[/QUOTE]

Works for me. It's probably just them not prepared to deal with so many people. Forgetting Sarah Marshall, one of the Underworld's, and something else... were still in stock when I checked about an hour ago.

the site finally comes back up for me, and some in my cart are now oos.. makes me mad too, because it went down as I was checking out, and everything I had was in-stock

Edit: and now it's down again

site up, site down, site up, site down.
Maybe I'll try later tonight when more people have gone to bed.
Looks like more are available than I had originally thought, as long as you have the "previously viewed" option for the title.

didnt notice when i checked out, but my order details say 2 of the 6 movies are previously viewed instead of used. Hope they aren't too crappy looking.

Well, every movie I've got in my cart is marked as "previously viewed". Here's hoping they aren't too scratched up. I could really care less what the Case looks like. I'll just end up picking up some replacement cases from Ebay probably.
Also from what I remember, part of the Blu Ray advantage is that they are supposed to be difficult to scratch up.
Looks like the site goes down every 5 minutes or so. It's up for 5, then down for 5.
I grabbed:
Ice Age 3
last house on the left
Drag me to Hell
Gran Torino
Bolt
Fast and Furious
Indian Jones
$8/movie including shipping is pretty good.

Managed to get 2 orders in. Some decent stuff for the pricing. I'll check tomorow to see if the site is better.

Order #1
Rambo III Previously Viewed - Blu-ray $2.68
Resident Evil: Degeneration Previously Viewed - Blu-ray $4.26
The Scorpion King 2: Rise of a Warrior Previously Viewed - Blu-ray
$4.41
Stargate: Continuum Previously Viewed - Blu-ray $4.67
The Happening Previously Viewed - Blu-ray $5.10
Starship Troopers 3: Marauder Previously Viewed - Blu-ray $5.38

Total w/ $5 off - $29.49

Order #2

Underworld: Rise of the Lycans Previously Viewed - Blu-ray $3.52
Prom Night Previously Viewed - Blu-ray $3.71
Doomsday Previously Viewed - Blu-ray $3.77
The Invasion Previously Viewed - Blu-ray $4.78
Witless Protection Previously Viewed - Blu-ray $4.79
Bruno Previously Viewed - Blu-ray $6.35

Total w/ $5 off$31.99

[quote name='Brian9824']Managed to get 2 orders in. Some decent stuff for the pricing. I'll check tomorow to see if the site is better.

Order #1
Rambo III Previously Viewed - Blu-ray $2.68
Resident Evil: Degeneration Previously Viewed - Blu-ray $4.26
The Scorpion King 2: Rise of a Warrior Previously Viewed - Blu-ray
$4.41
Stargate: Continuum Previously Viewed - Blu-ray $4.67
The Happening Previously Viewed - Blu-ray $5.10
Starship Troopers 3: Marauder Previously Viewed - Blu-ray $5.38

Total w/ $5 off - $29.49

Order #2

Underworld: Rise of the Lycans Previously Viewed - Blu-ray $3.52
Prom Night Previously Viewed - Blu-ray $3.71
Doomsday Previously Viewed - Blu-ray $3.77
The Invasion Previously Viewed - Blu-ray $4.78
Witless Protection Previously Viewed - Blu-ray $4.79
Bruno Previously Viewed - Blu-ray $6.35

Total w/ $5 off$31.99[/QUOTE]

How were you able to get the $5 off?
My order was well over $25, but I never got $5 off.

[quote name='Brian9824']No idea, were you signed in before you went to cart? I thought someone said you had to be.[/QUOTE]

Oops. I was not signed in, because I didn't originally have an account with them. And still don't.
I suppose the deal was only good for members. Oh well, I still won't complain at $8 per movie.

[quote name='sunnysky']Well, every movie I've got in my cart is marked as "previously viewed". Here's hoping they aren't too scratched up. I could really care less what the Case looks like. I'll just end up picking up some replacement cases from Ebay probably.
Also from what I remember, part of the Blu Ray advantage is that they are supposed to be difficult to scratch up.
Looks like the site goes down every 5 minutes or so. It's up for 5, then down for 5.
I grabbed:
Ice Age 3
last house on the left
Drag me to Hell
Gran Torino
Bolt
Fast and Furious
Indian Jones
$8/movie including shipping is pretty good.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't worry about being scratched, blu ray's don't scratch easily. not to say they won't, but the chances are slim

bread's done
Back