Gold/Ultimate Editions $59.99 @ Target.

Kurosaki-san

CAGiversary!
Feedback
84 (100%)
The majority of stores have them at this price, I provided BS links for the ones I purchased. However, South Park & MvC:I is also included in this deal. PS4 versions are as well. 

Assassins Creed: Origins (XB1)

http://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=207-32-1728

Shadow of War (XB1):

http://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=207-32-1664

Forza 7:

http://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=207-32-0272

2w57xb8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If it was, how do I get the amount that I originally paid before the merging?
The Target website still lists the DCPI before the merge. Have them look at the number on the receipt and look up the product page on the Target website, and they'll see the DCPI does match.

Edit: For Xbox One, that is.

Just picked up a Shadow of War PS4 at my local Target--it was listed as out of stock on Brickseek and definitely wasn't on shelf when I checked last week. Assuming it was either a return or a single copy that had been in the storeroom.

Ok, something really weird happened to me. So I bought a MvC deluxe edition before it merged, which was at $59.99 + tax. Then, once it merged, I bought another one which was 20 bucks less. Here's the thing, tried to return the $60 dollar one yesterday, and she said that the receipt didn't have the item being returned. Now, what the heck did I do wrong? I am pretty sure that was the right receipt, but I'll look into my receipts once again. Has anyone else faced this issue as well? Was it because of the merge? If it was, how do I get the amount that I originally paid before the merging?
Exact same thing that happened to me except it was with Shadow of War. I told the rep it's the right one since I keep the receipts with the game. She looked up the DPCI on her had scanner and it matched the game. I informed her the DPCI prob merged after I purchased the game. She manually changed the DPCI and gave me the refund.

Did you get the PS4 or Xb1 version? You could probably make your case with the Xb1 since their website still have it. Deluxe dpci still in tact, Dpci doesnt merged online.
Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
The Target website still lists the DCPI before the merge. Have them look at the number on the receipt and look up the product page on the Target website, and they'll see the DCPI does match.

Edit: For Xbox One, that is.
Yes, it's the Xbox one version. But I don't think they'll go based on the online price, so I'll point out the DPCI.

Exact same thing that happened to me except it was with Shadow of War. I told the rep it's the right one since I keep the receipts with the game. She looked up the DPCI on her had scanner and it matched the game. I informed her the DPCI prob merged after I purchased the game. She manually changed the DPCI and gave me the refund.
I'll be trying this out either today or tomorrow. Thanks for the info!

I understand. I was able to pick up the last new/ used copy for $60 at my local gamestop. Use a $10 cert to get it close enough to target price. Just had some gift cards to use and hoping for a good target deal. Oh well...

So since the DPCI merged for mvcI, would that mean it’s $30 this week? It’s showing up $30 everywhere around me for standard
I picked up the Deluxe yesterday and noticed on the receipt that it lists the DPCI for the standard. I was charged $39.99, but I suppose it may be possible to try to price match with online price since the DPCI has merged.

Thought I posted this last night, but I guess not...strange. So I stopped by a Target on the way home last night to see if I could score :pS4: MVCI for cheap...I was not disappointed.
a75bc0b2d75a9225a8bba3fc8aca97a6.jpg

Rang up as $29.99 on both the in-store scanner and the Target app...it was the last copy, sitting in the protective case in front of the plastic doors. Also found :pS4: Fractured But Whole Gold, but it still rang up as $99.99, so I put it back. Couldn’t find :pS4: Shadow of Mordor Gold or :pS4: Forza 7 Horizon Gold at all, but I honestly wasn’t looking too hard...was way more interested in MVCI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thought I posted this last night, but I guess not...strange. So I stopped by a Target on the way home last night to see if I could score :pS4: MVCI for cheap...I was not disappointed.

Rang up as $29.99 on both the in-store scanner and the Target app...it was the last copy, sitting in the protective case in front of the plastic doors. Also found :pS4: Fractured But Whole Gold, but it still rang up as $99.99, so I put it back. Couldn’t find :pS4: Shadow of Mordor Gold or :pS4: Forza 7 Horizon Gold at all, but I honestly wasn’t looking too hard...was way more interested in MVCI.

Thank you for the info! Just a heads up, any game in the plastic coffin that’s attached in the aisles will get ruined, especially steelbooks. The back piece dents the metal in and it cannot be fixed.

Thank you for the info! Just a heads up, any game in the plastic coffin that’s attached in the aisles will get ruined, especially steelbooks. The back piece dents the metal in and it cannot be fixed.
No problem at all...and damn, really? I must have been very fortunate then, because my game shows no signs of damage anywhere:
d600aca8f7d5ba4f85e38f8763a3f73b.jpg

I wonder if that particular copy had just been placed into the plastic coffin...the Target I went to is notoriously ghetto and usually a God-awful mess, but last night it looked pretty damn good and decently organized.

No problem at all...and damn, really? I must have been very fortunate then, because my game shows no signs of damage anywhere:

I wonder if that particular copy had just been placed into the plastic coffin...the Target I went to is notoriously ghetto and usually a God-awful mess, but last night it looked pretty damn good and decently organized.

I got a copy of AC:O steelbook a while back. It looked perfect on the outside. Once I took the slip off I could easily see the dents (almost like a snake bite) on the bottom back of the steelbook. I took it back and exchanged it for another copy.

I got a copy of AC:O steelbook a while back. It looked perfect on the outside. Once I took the slip off I could easily see the dents (almost like a snake bite) on the bottom back of the steelbook. I took it back and exchanged it for another copy.
Yeesh...that sucks. I’ll definitely keep an eye out for that, then...thanks for the heads up.

Spent way too much time returning a SP Gold that I bought at $59.99, but before the merge.  Kept telling me it wasn't on the receipt.  Five different people scanning the same game at least 3 times each all scratching their heads even after I told them what happened.  Got it done, but it was a show.  Best (worst) part was when a manager told me I must have bought the game at Walmart because Target doesn't sell it.  Boy was she surprised when I showed her a copy locked up in their own case!

I don't know if they aren't merging the DPCI's like they used too, but there is some screwy stuff going on in Target's system with these Steelbook Golds and Ultimates.

So I went to a couple of more Targets today for a total of three: one is selling the standard edition for $40, one has it for $30 and it rung up with a DPCI of 099-09-0999 (cashier stated that was what came up when she scanned the UPC), and the other didn't have any even though inventory said it was in stock.

I wonder if the standard edition DCPI is now the Steelbook's, and the standard now has a misc DPCI at least in my area.

Spent way too much time returning a SP Gold that I bought at $59.99, but before the merge. Kept telling me it wasn't on the receipt. Five different people scanning the same game at least 3 times each all scratching their heads even after I told them what happened. Got it done, but it was a show. Best (worst) part was when a manager told me I must have bought the game at Walmart because Target doesn't sell it. Boy was she surprised when I showed her a copy locked up in their own case!

I don't know if they aren't merging the DPCI's like they used too, but there is some screwy stuff going on in Target's system with these Steelbook Golds and Ultimates.
Gawd damn, it seems like I'll have to go through the same thing on Thursday :(
I'll just have ready the DPCI (receipt, and online item are the same one as well as the price) on hand when returning it

Looks like I was quite fortunate again...stopped by the Target in Pacoima after work to search for :pS4: Gold editions of Middle Earth: Shadow of War and/or South Park: The Fractured But Whole. No luck in the plastic coffins or behind the glass doors, but I found a single Gold Edition copy of ME:SoW buried under a huge stack of value games by all the PC software. Rang up as $59.99 as expected, but I also knew the DPCIs had merged and the vanilla version also rang up for $60, so I went to Guest Services to see if I could price match GameStop’s cost of $39.99 (knew it was a long shot, but what the hell?). Asked the nice young lady at the counter if they PM’d GameStop, which she confirmed, and told her the game was ringing up $59.99 while GS had it for $39.99 (I had the page pulled up on my phone). She then told me she had to use the Target handheld scanner to double check the price and verify the PM, at which point I thought to myself, “Welp, the jig is up...” No sooner had I finished my thought when she scanned the game, saw the vanilla version pop up on her screen, and then tapped on the GameStop app to confirm the PM. Strangely, it didn’t take her to the product page, but GameStop’s main page, so she exited and started scanning the other apps for potential lower prices. After a few seconds, she looked up at me and said, “Well, it’s not coming up on GameStop’s page, but Target.com has it for $38.99, if you’d prefer that?” “That would be just fine!” I responded with a smile.
f8c6687ea705c83278e9d7665d71ce33.jpg

Good couple of back-to-back finds the last two days...thanks to everyone who’s been on the ground floor of finding these great deals.

Trying to decide whether to buy the mvc deluxe or not. The character pass is just for 6 characters and 6 costumes? Where my boy wolverine at

Can confirm that the MvC deluxe edition is now currently at $30, both consoles. I couldn't find a X1 version, but got a PS4 edition anyway as it has an extra thing that the X1 and I figured that I'd never play the game lol. Now I gotta return the $60 and $40 versions. The $60 is gonna be a pain in the neck

I see GameStop has MvC:I standard on sale for $24.99 starting today. I think I'll try getting a price adjustment for the deluxe one at Target since DPCI has merged.

No luck finding MvC:I Deluxe for PS4 but was able to get a X1 version, anyone willing to trade me for a PS4 version?  My Target still has the ACO for PS4 and X1 versions.  

Does Target do any kind of price guarantee? I seemed to have bought MvC a day earlier than I should have on Saturday, but it was after it merged and was $39.99 so if I just go in with my receipt would they credit me back $10?

Does Target do any kind of price guarantee? I seemed to have bought MvC a day earlier than I should have on Saturday, but it was after it merged and was $39.99 so if I just go in with my receipt would they credit me back $10?
Their price match policy covers 14 days after purchase was made too, not just at the time of purchase.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Instead of a price adjustment and if it's the standard edition, ask them to price match GS which currently has it for $24.99.

Credit goes to intelligentidiot

Instead of a price adjustment and if it's the standard edition, ask them to price match GS which currently has it for $24.99.

Credit goes to intelligentidiot
Well it's the deluxe so while I would love to be able to get $20 back because of BB's current price, I don't see how they would do that despite them being merged in their system. I know some are claiming they have so I would like to know your approach. I mean I totally get why they should do it, but convincing them that a version that looks completely different with a different UPC is the same as the deluxe seems slim.

But knowing I should at least be able to get $10 back helps.

Well it's the deluxe so while I would love to be able to get $20 back because of BB's current price, I don't see how they would do that despite them being merged in their system. I know some are claiming they have so I would like to know your approach. I mean I totally get why they should do it, but convincing them that a version that looks completely different with a different UPC is the same as the deluxe seems slim.

When price matching, they did point out the cover difference, wondering why it doesn't have PS4 or Xbox One along the top as it usually would. With GameStop, they also initially thought it was the pre-owned price and almost shot it down there, but I explained that it was the New price.

You should easily get it for $30 since everything merged, but getting it for $25 or $20 is very YMMV.

In my particular case, I went to guest services instead of being rung up at electronics (because I knew the associate working there and knew he was knowledgeable about video games), kept the game face down when asking for the price match and showed them the picture of the lower price from the competitor on my phone so that they wouldn’t need to look anywhere else other than the back of the game (to scan it with their handheld scanner and verify the vanilla version appears rather than the deluxe due to the DPCI merge). It’s all very YMMV, though, obviously...

In my particular case, I went to guest services instead of being rung up at electronics (because I knew the associate working there and knew he was knowledgeable about video games), kept the game face down when asking for the price match and showed them the picture of the lower price from the competitor on my phone so that they wouldn’t need to look anywhere else other than the back of the game (to scan it with their handheld scanner and verify the vanilla version appears rather than the deluxe due to the DPCI merge). It’s all very YMMV, though, obviously...

The more I think about it I might be in better shape since I was only planning to take in my receipt. Unless of course they require the item to scan. Not having it to look at can only help. I figured having them put the DPCI in off the receipt should hopefully be enough to at least get the difference back on the current price in store, but I might not be able to try until tomorrow.

The more I think about it I might be in better shape since I was only planning to take in my receipt. Unless of course they require the item to scan. Not having it to look at can only help. I figured having them put the DPCI in off the receipt should hopefully be enough to at least get the difference back on the current price in store, but I might not be able to try until tomorrow.
Can you do a price adjustment or return/rebuy with only the receipt? I thought you had to have both the item in question and the physical receipt with you for that to work...at a Target I went to last night (Eagle Rock), the GS rep tried to tell me she couldn’t process either without a physical copy of the receipt: the photo I had on my camera roll of both the receipt and the game weren’t good enough.

There are two more MvCI Deluxe copies on X1 at the Chicago 2656 N Elston Ave Location. Easy to find as they are just behind the stack of MvCI games in the kiosk. I picked up one but would greatly prefer a PS4 copy if anyone in the area wants to trade.  

Damn wtf, I just spent about half an hour to return my MvC before the merging. They wouldn't let me do it. First, i tried to explain as best as I could, even when I showed them that the same DPCI that was on the receipt, was on the website for the same game. The guy was like "you have to go to the original place where you bought it, because its showing me three different codes, and the one you are showing me is different" I was like 'welp, okay then'. Instead of leaving the store, I went to the video game section, and asked one of the guys that worked there to help me. I explained the situation, and he started to realize that it was unfair, and that I was completely right. His scanner was the key to my return, then I went back with him, and he explained the situation again, and after a while, it finally went through.

Now, I feel like returning Origins before it becomes too complicated lol. Just having to think about returning my SP gold edition and going through the same process gives me a headache (yes original DPCI was merged), and yes, I was dumb enough to not bring it today (they both MvC and SP were on the same receipt, with the same case lol) RIP

Well I made it out tonight to see what would happen with my receipt-only price adjustment and only got $10 back. The customer service dude was friggin Sherlock Holmes and despite the artwork matching on the Target app and Best Buy site, he kept saying that the UPC for the version I bought matched the $49.99 version at BB and refused to match the $19.99 price. So even though I bought it long after it merged, the number on the receipt still identifies it as the deluxe edition even though the artwork that now shows on their little scanner is for the vanilla.

Well I made it out tonight to see what would happen with my receipt-only price adjustment and only got $10 back. The customer service dude was friggin Sherlock Holmes and despite the artwork matching on the Target app and Best Buy site, he kept saying that the UPC for the version I bought matched the $49.99 version at BB and refused to match the $19.99 price. So even though I bought it long after it merged, the number on the receipt still identifies it as the deluxe edition even though the artwork that now shows on their little scanner is for the vanilla.
I had a similar but slightly better experience just now at the same store I bought MvC:I deluxe at for $29.99. I took just my receipt to guest services and asked for the price match to Best Buy for $19.99. Although their scanner showed the vanilla version, the SKU did indeed show the deluxe edition...I told them I couldn’t remember if I had purchased the regular or deluxe version and didn’t have the game with me, so the GS rep gave me the $10 refund on my RedCard. I then tried to press my luck and grab :pS4: SP:TFBW Gold for cheap by price matching Amazon ($27.99 for the vanilla version for Prime members as of right now), but because there was such a large price discrepancy between their handheld scanner said and the comparable prices (it also showed the vanilla version’s picture but had the Gold Edition info next to the SKU), I had to feign ignorance and leave it there. I guess I could have picked it up for $60 and done another return/rebuy later, but it’s not a huge deal for me to grab that game. I figure if it’s still there when I next drop by and I’m able to PM it, it was meant to be.

bread's done
Back