Goozex has a New update you can now trade your UMD,DVD,HDDVD,Blu-ray

After my last batch of stuff is received I'll be placing the rest of my stuff on hold. It seems like no one actually offers up any movies, and when they do, your 20th in line. I keep on accumulating these points yet there is nothing to get with them. They really need a way to filter out people that x amount of points means you can 'want' x amount of items. I have 2000 points and not a thing to get :(

Keep in mind that they just added movies, so it will take a while.

But yeah, you don't want to build up too many points, as it can take while to use them up if you're wanting a few specific things. Especially if you're not requesting games.

I've gotten 3 blu rays with a 4th on the way so far, so people are sending them out. But most things I'm either far back on, or first in line when someone finally lists it.

I've been loving the service so far-- great condition DVDs. Until I got a HD DVD of Casablanca, which as requested as complete. Asshole didn't send it with the cover art (no doubt sent it away to Warner)

I get stuff all the time when I'm 20th in line, especially high-priced items. Just because there are 19 people in front of me with something on their want list, doesn't mean that any of them have the points and/or trade credits to actually get that item.

There are 8,685 different DVDs available right now and 290 different blu-rays available right now, so I wouldn't say there are no movies listed on the site. New releases often have a long wait, although I did get a sealed copy of Snow White on blu-ray last week.

So far, since they added the movie feature, I have received:

13 blu-rays (including several box sets)
73 DVDs (including several box sets)

I would have received more blu-rays, but I've missed out on a bunch due to lack of points.

I've received over 100 DVDs & Blu-Rays since it has gone live. :D

[quote name='Rictor']
I would have received more blu-rays, but I've missed out on a bunch due to lack of points.[/QUOTE]

Definitely don't have that problem. xD

Had an odd occurence with this today. Got Interview with The Vampire on blu.

But it didnt' come from the goozex member, but rather from Amazon. The person ordered it from Amazon and had it shipped directly to me.

Very odd as I can't imagine he came out on top in that transaction. I guess maybe he had Amazon GCs to burn or something and wanted Goozex points.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Had an odd occurence with this today. Got Interview with The Vampire on blu.

But it didnt' come from the goozex member, but rather from Amazon. The person ordered it from Amazon and had it shipped directly to me.

Very odd as I can't imagine he came out on top in that transaction. I guess maybe he had Amazon GCs to burn or something and wanted Goozex points.[/QUOTE]

Actually Interview with a Vampire is $8.50 on Amazon right now and is 300 points on Goozex. So, effectively he is getting goozex points for $2.83 per 100 points (assuming he has Prime or goes with FSSS). Not a bad little deal if you ask me.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Guess that makes sense then! Good deal for him, and for me since it's a new copy.[/QUOTE]

I've had something similar happen to me recently. Seller sent me Shaun of the Dead but it was sent directly from amazon. I found it a little odd, 'til I found out that amazon had a little blu ray sale, which happen to have Shaun of the Dead on the list. Good for me and him I suppose.

Oh BTW in case you guys didn't know Goozex is having two promos effective today. Links below--

http://www.goozex.com/community/forums/t/55701.aspx

http://www.goozex.com/community/forums/t/55699.aspx

[quote name='Interstella 5555']I've had something similar happen to me recently. Seller sent me Shaun of the Dead but it was sent directly from amazon. I found it a little odd, 'til I found out that amazon had a little blu ray sale, which happen to have Shaun of the Dead on the list. Good for me and him I suppose.

Oh BTW in case you guys didn't know Goozex is having two promos effective today. Links below--

http://www.goozex.com/community/forums/t/55701.aspx

http://www.goozex.com/community/forums/t/55699.aspx[/QUOTE]

Nice promos - the free trades one should hopefully make the free bluray one more attainable. Doesn't hurt that i shipped out 2 movies wednesday and no feedback yet (one being Shaun of the Dead via Amazon sale ;))

[quote name='G-Nitro']I've received over 100 DVDs & Blu-Rays since it has gone live. :D

Definitely don't have that problem. xD[/QUOTE]

you complete me

Goozex has pretty much stalled out for me movie wise now.

Most of my requests haven't been moving for months, as have the one's I have offered which haven't moved yet.

Seems everyone's doing the same I am--ditching DVDs and requesting Blu Rays. So DVDs--especially of popular movies--are back in the queue and going nowhere, while Blu Rays take for ever to get matched up to receive.

Oh well, I'll keep requesting stuff while looking for deals on the titles in the meantime and deleting them when I purchase. DVDs I'll keep listed a bit longer, but eventually will give up and just give them to someone or donate them somewhere.

I have 2300 points and nothing to get. Even cheap common titles are not 'in-stock'. I've since pulled just about all my titles except some I can't sell anywhere (American Pie DVDs) and won't be using Gozzex again until I use up most/all of my points. No point is spending $2 to ship a DVD to get 100-200 useless points.

Even old, common DVDs (Disturbing Behavior) are not available. Oh well. I learned my lesson.

Do you use it for games? I have much more luck on that front than I do with movies. You can get most games--especially newer games--if you don't mind waiting a few months beyond release.

I don't seem to have a problem at all. I get in anime and blu-rays all the time. With the bonus point promo on recent releases, they've been moving a lot more. I also trade a bunch out too. Goozex is about patience. If you want stuff immediately, you're better off buying and selling on ebay or Amazon.

I'd much rather rack up points and not spend much more than shipping or $1 for a token to get some games and movies. Don't forget, the movie section has been up since mid-August and is still in beta

I love Goozex, don't get me wrong. I'm just not having much luck with getting movies--and even less with getting rid of DVDs.

It's great for games as I don't mind waiting, and it's easy to get new releases in 4-6 months. With movies I tend to just buy new releases I really want, and I'm having less luck getting some older movies etc.

I don't really care about not getting movies, I was more just hoping to get rid of some old DVDs I don't watch or have upgraded to blu and have the points to use for games and the occasional movie that I can get matched up for. So I've been more annoyed at how hard it is for old 100pt DVDs to move for popular movies like Harry Potter, Pirates of the Carribean, the Spiderman Trilogy etc. since everyone is ditcthing them for blu rays.

Just a matter of what you're listing and requesting I guess. If you're listing high demand movies (like newer releases) and requesting stuff that's not in high demand you'll have a lot of success.

But I've really cut back movie buying in recent years (mainly watch stuff from Netflix) so I never have any newer, high demand stuff to trade as I only buy stuff I know I'll want to keep. And most of the stuff I request seems to have pretty long lines, and few offers compared to games.

Which makes sense I guess. Movies have a lot more replay value and more people collect them to keep permanently. Where as more people beat a game and then want to ditch it and move on to the next one and seldom replay games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe someone can help me. I sent a movie to a guy on goozex and usps said it arrived a week ago. I still have no feedback from him and I've sent him a few messages with no replies back. I understand it's the holidays but I'm trying to get to the 10 movies by the 31st for a free bluray and being a newer trader I need that slot open. Is there anything I can do?

[quote name='exileinoblivion']Maybe someone can help me. I sent a movie to a guy on goozex and usps said it arrived a week ago. I still have no feedback from him and I've sent him a few messages with no replies back. I understand it's the holidays but I'm trying to get to the 10 movies by the 31st for a free bluray and being a newer trader I need that slot open. Is there anything I can do?[/QUOTE]

unfortunately there isn't much you can do. If he isn't answering your PMs, you will just have to wait the 15 days until system closes feedback automatically.

[quote name='G-Nitro']unfortunately there isn't much you can do. If he isn't answering your PMs, you will just have to wait the 15 days until system closes feedback automatically.[/QUOTE]

Lame, I wish there was some way to leave neutral feedback as a seller. Something to let people know that he is going to hold up their slots when they trade with him.

Yeah, that's an annoyance with the site. Though it has only happened to me once or twice in 48 things I've sent out so far. Thankfully it becomes of little concern once you have 15+ positive feedbacks since you have unlimited offers at that point, so it's just a pain when you're first starting.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']Maybe someone can help me. I sent a movie to a guy on goozex and usps said it arrived a week ago. I still have no feedback from him and I've sent him a few messages with no replies back. I understand it's the holidays but I'm trying to get to the 10 movies by the 31st for a free bluray and being a newer trader I need that slot open. Is there anything I can do?[/QUOTE]

Just saying but you realize the promotion lasts until JANUARY 31st , not December 31st correct? That still gives you another month. Granted that doesn't help you any if you keep getting stuck with people not leaving timely feedback or not being quickly matched up with items.

[quote name='StarKnightX']Just saying but you realize the promotion lasts until JANUARY 31st , not December 31st correct? That still gives you another month. Granted that doesn't help you any if you keep getting stuck with people not leaving timely feedback or not being quickly matched up with items.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I realize this but One is this guy who has not responded to my PM's and one of my other slots is from a guy I sent a sealed copy of inglorious basterds to, problem is he's home for the holidays and won't be back for a couple of weeks and doesn't want to leave feedback till he sees it. So I'm stuck with only one trade slot open and 5 movies left to trade and receive feedback for by the 31st.

Yeah, that kind of sucks. Especially with the guy home for the holidays, as he should have put his account in vacation mode.

I forgot to do that once, and just left feedback from the road without seeing the game when the seller PM'd me as it was my mistake for forgetting to set vacation mone.

bread's done
Back