Grammy nominated King Diamond screams "Metal Heads Unite!!"

I like to add my 2 cents in the mix.

I grew up with Metalica. I saw them on the Master of Puppets tour (when they opened for Ozzy) and I saw them several times before the black album.

I can say is their 80's Cliff Burton shit are undisputed metal classics. I also liked the first Garage days ep as well as 'And Justice for All'.

When the Black Album came out, I was really disapointed. It was much more commercial than the other albums and I was pissed off. A few years have passed by and I soften my stance on that record. Now I actually enjoy it but I prefer the older albums in comparison.

As for load, re-load, St. Anger and S&M (the latter 2 were interesting experiments) are all misfires. I dont hate Metalica though. Those albums are not bad per se, they are just mediocre. They dont outright suck...they are just middle of the road.

I think Metallica is still a great band but they are out-of-focus right now. Hopefully Rick Rubin will set them straight. I still have hope that they still have one great thrash record in them. I still have faith.

[quote name='Xevious']

The Relapse Records-sponsored Heavy Metal Hookers are a part of the Philly Roller Girls league, an all-girl, skater-owned and operated, DIY roller derby league that formed in March of 2005. The Philly Roller Girls are credited members of the Women's Flat Track Derby Association (WFTDA), a group representing over 30 all-female, independent flat-track roller derby leagues throughout the U.S.
[/QUOTE]

Wow it's a small world. My sister just joined the Philly Roller Girls. She just passed her trials and will be a jammer on the Hostile City Honeys team. :)

I would not be a Metallica fan without TBA though. Many people wouldnt be. Probably not without the Loads either. Now yes they strayed VERY far away from Metal music but like they said it was just somethin different. And even though i also perfer their old stuff i still really enjoy their new stuff. Its not metal but it still is great music. Yeah its awesome to ponder "what if" but thats not the case.

[quote name='mykevermin'] I'm merely pointing out that Metallica has become a dreadful band over the years *not* because their albums are bad, per se, but because compared to their early body of work, there's no dispute over the fact that they *should* be playing much better music.[/QUOTE]

They are "dreadful" because they're not as good as they used to be? Even though their albums aren't bad? That is a weird stance IMO. Are you just saying they failed to live up to their own standards, even though they are still better than many other bands?

Anyway, for what it's worth, I thought the production of St Anger really really ruined it (wtf did bob rock do to the drums?). Hopefully Rubin will produce a good album.

[quote name='evanft']No, Metallica's albums since TBA are genuinely crap.[/quote]

Actually I did like "Garage Days Re-Visted".

[quote name='Backlash']They are "dreadful" because they're not as good as they used to be? Even though their albums aren't bad? That is a weird stance IMO. Are you just saying they failed to live up to their own standards, even though they are still better than many other bands?[/quote]

It's pretty contingent. It's like being a straight A student who finally gets a B; while you're still doing stellar work, it's hard to not be disappointed. I respect it because while it's good songwriting, it does nothing for me. I don't think it's metal, and I don't think it's good rock; that doesn't mean that I think it's poor songwriting.

Anyway, for what it's worth, I thought the production of St Anger really really ruined it (wtf did bob rock do to the drums?). Hopefully Rubin will produce a good album.

Rubin, to the best of my knowledge, has never produced a bad album, or even a mediocre one. He's a fuckin' genius.

[quote name='evanft']No, Metallica's albums since TBA are genuinely crap.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. In fact, I stopped listening to them entirely for a long time, and then heard a song off of Kill 'em All a few weeks ago, and was blown away by the fact that they were so good back then; I'd completely forgotten, it had been so long.

[quote name='Xevious']Actually I did like "Garage Days Re-Visted".[/QUOTE]

I didn't count it because it was a covers album. The second disc is better than thef irst disc, though, as it's a collection of covers from their entire career.

[quote name='Vampire Hunter D']No, Metallica's albums since TBA are genuinely awesome.[/QUOTE]
right because St. Anger was really good 8-[

[quote name='JebusMcLucifer']I cant beleive no one has mentioned the new Cannibal Corpse album that comes out this month.[/QUOTE]

Really? Their last one was amazing. Gotta check out this new one.

[quote name='JebusMcLucifer']I cant beleive no one has mentioned the new Cannibal Corpse album that comes out this month.[/quote]
I added it to the list. In fact, if anyone mentions any bands having a new record I will add them to the list.

EDIT: Ozzfest looks kinda weak this year; Of course, that is only my opinion. Some people might like the latest lineup

Ozzfest.com has released the official lineup for this year's Ozzfest. It is as follows:

Main Stage:

OZZY OSBOURNE
SYSTEM OF A DOWN
DISTURBED

TBA**
HATEBREED
LACUNA COIL

**Major main-stage band to be announced on May 23

Second Stage:

BLACK LABEL SOCIETY
ATREYU
UNEARTH
BLEEDING THROUGH
NORMA JEAN

Second Stage (rotating):

A LIFE ONCE LOST
STRAPPING YOUNG LAD
THE RED CHORD
FULL BLOWN CHAOS
WALLS OF JERICHO
ALL THAT REMAINS
BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME

All that looks good to me is Ozzy, Hatebreed, and Strapping Young Lad. The TBA on the main stage will probably be the deciding factor of wether or not I go.

I was wondering, does anybody know what Rick Rubins net worth is? Aka how rich he is? And i know Russel Simmons the farthest thing from metal but does any one know how much he is worth?

SLAYER guitarist Kerry King has posted the following message on his KFK Industries web site:

"First off, bottoms up, cheers and thanks a fuckin' lot for hangin' around since my last update- which seems like it was in the stone age it was so fucking long ago! Hey, everyone needs a vacation, right? Burnt the fuck out!!!! That's what I was. Anyway, I've been working non-stop toward finishing our new record... still on time for a June release! No one should be dissapointed. Everything really smashes you in the fucking head!

"I want to address a couple of thing that have been pissing me off lately. First, I'm sure some of you ran into, sent emails to, or whatever the fuck happens at the domain called MySpace. The no-life loser fuckface douchebag that was selling himself as yours truly. I think there is someone else on there now as well claiming to be me. I found out about this charade when a couple of endorser buddies of mine inquired whether or not it was me. I said do you really think I have time for that horseshit? Then I proceeded to have fuckface douchebag removed from the site. I never have nor do I plan on doing anything personally with MySpace. Nothing against it, but as you can see, I don't even have enough time for my own site. One last thought on this... Get a life you fucking idiot! I live my life, you fucking live yours!!!

"Second, I just want to give everyone a heads-up about purchasing autographs. My autograph isn't that hard to get. I do tons of promo. Whether it's for Jagermeister, B.C. Rich, Marshall, or even Guitar Abuse events. My point is, if you have to possess something signed, your best bet it to get it done yourself. If you can't do that, make sure you know what my signature looks like before purchasing anything! I hate to see shit go up on eBay that I know is phony. It sucks knowing that people spend their hard earned cash on counterfeit shit! Word to the wise (and un-wise), buyer fucking beware! Just pay attention and hopefully we'll roll through a town nearby and you can get your own shit signed in person so there is no question about its authenticity.

"Alright, now to biz...the new re-launch date for the site will be 6-6-06. I couldn't have planned it any better — a match made in hell. Between now and the end of March, I'm throwing a couple new items on the swag page to hold everyone over until the new site is complete. One will be a long sleeve version of the original Guitar Abuse t-shirt that was only sold at events. So for now, I'm back to the studio to work on the latest hellish symphony... Kill your shots!!!

The local record store was selling a mint "Slaytanic Wehrmact" shirt for $90. I drooled, but there was no way in hell I would bite. There were other cool shirts, but that one stood out.

I picked up a 2-cd set of Enemy Soil, which may be one and a half more cds than some may want.

well i might as well join in... after all... first off let me say that i hate pretty much all the bands in the OP, and i certainly dont like king diamond. so there.

here are some good albums that just recently came out:

Kataklysm - In The Arms of Devastation
Nightwish - Highest Hopes: The Best of Nightwish
Rhapsody - Live In Canada 2005 - The Dark Secret
Dragonforce - Inhuman Rampage
Savage Circus - Dreamland Manor
Dimmu Borgir - Stormblast

Also, there are some great tours this here for some really good metal. First and foremost, Dragonforce is making their US debut! If you don't go see them, then you're nuts, they are by far the most talented musicians ever, and pretty much play the fastest music humanly possible. I have my tickets for the SF show.

Dragonfoce:

Fri Apr. 28 - Canada, Toronto, ON, Opera House
Sat Apr. 29 - Canada, Montreal, QC, Medley
Sun Apr. 30 - USA, Worcester, MA, New England Metal and Hardcore Festival
Tue May 02 - USA, New York, NY, Avalon (Note: moved from 1st May)
Wed May 03 - USA, Philadelphia, PA, Trocadero
Thu May 04 - USA, West Springfield, VA, Jaxx
Fri May 05 - USA, Cleveland, OH, Agora Ballroom
Sat May 06 - USA, Chicago, IL, Metro
Mon May 08 - USA, Denver, CO, Cervantes
Wed May 10 - USA, San Francisco, CA, The Pound
Thu May 11 - USA, Los Angeles, CA, Whisky Sold out

The other one I'm looking forward to is the aptly titled "Metal Crusaders 2006". There is a great lineup, KATAKLYSM, VADER, NUCLEAR ASSAULT, SPEED\KILL/HATE, GRAVEWORM and THE ABSENCE. Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing Graveworm a ton, a fantastic black metal band from Italy. I never thought I'd get a chance to see them, let alone here in the states. again, ill be at the SF show.

May 26 - Montreal, QC @ Le Medley*
May 27 - Toronto, ON @ The Reverb
May 28 - Boston, MA @ The Middle East
May 29 - New York City, NY @ The Knitting Factory
May 30 - Springfield, VA @ Jaxx
May 31 - Vernon, NY @ Nothing Fancy Cafe
Jun. 01 - Cleveland, OH @ The Agora Ballroom
Jun. 02 - Detroit, MI @ TNT
Jun. 03 - Chicago, IL @ Logan Square Auditorium
Jun. 04 - St-Paul, MN @ Station 4 (Minneapolis Metalfest)
Jun. 05 - Madison, WS @ Big E's Beach Club
Jun. 06 - Cincinatti, OH @ Bogart's
Jun. 07 - Fayetteville, NC @ Jesters Pub
Jun. 09 - Spartanburg, SC @ Ground Zero
Jun. 10 - St. Petersburg, FL @ State Theater
Jun. 11 - Ft. Lauderdale, FL @ Culture Room
Jun. 12 - Tallahassee, FL @ Beta Bar
Jun. 14 - Houston, TX @ The Ballroom/Wharehouse live
Jun. 15 - Corpus Christi, TX @ The Ballroom
Jun. 16 - San Antonio, TX @ The White Rabbit
Jun. 17 - Arlington, TX @ The Phoenix Music Complex
Jun. 18 - Fayetteville, AR @ The Dart Room
Jun. 19 - Oklahoma City, OK @ The Conservatory**
Jun. 20 - Denver, CO @ Lliff Park Saloon
Jun. 22 - Tempe, AZ @ Clubhouse
Jun. 23 - Corona, CA @ Showcase Theater
Jun. 24 - W. Hollywood, CA @ Knitting Factory
Jun. 25 - San Francisco, CA @ The Pound
Jun. 26 - Boise, ID @ Imparts
Jun. 27 - Spokane, WA @ Fat Tuesdays Concert Hall
Jun. 28 - Portland, OR @ Rock'n' Roll Pizza
Jun. 29 - Seattle, WA @ Studio Seven

Last, but not least, Iced Earth, Children of Bodom and Evergray are going on a US tour. COB just did a US tour, but rather than go back home, they are looping around again. I'm up in the air on this one since every Children of Bodom album gets worse and worse. But, you may just see me there.

April 18 - The Odeon, Cleveland, Ohio
April 19 - Pop's, Sauget, Illinois
April 20 - Metro, Chicago, Illinois
April 21 - The Quest, Minneapolis
April 23 - The Eagles Club, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
April 24 - Harpo's, Detroit, Michigan
April 25 - Newport Music Hall - lower, Columbus, Ohio
April 26 - Guvernment, Toronto, ON
April 28 - The Medley, Montreal, QB
April 29 - BB Kings, New York
April 30 - Trocadero, Philadelphia
May 1 - Palladium, Worcester, Massachusetts
May 2 - Jaxx, Springfield, Virginia
May 4 - Masquerade, Atlanta
May 5 - House of Blues, Orlando, Florida
May 7 - House of Blues, New Orleans, Louisiana
May 8 - Engine Room, Houston, Texas
May 9 - The Back Room, Austin, Texas
May 10 - Deep Elm Live, Dallas, Texas
May 12 - Odgen Theatre, Denver, Colorado
May 14 - Commodore Ballroom, Vancouver, BC
May 15 - Graceland, Seattle, Washington
May 17 - Avalon, San Francisco, California
May 18 - House of Blues, Anaheim, California
May 19 - Cajun House, Scottsdale, Arizona
May 21 - House of Blues, Los Angeles, California

just remember everyone. metal is as broad a genre as everyone else, so nobody should be flamed for liking one band and not liking another. lets just all be happy we listen to stuff thats better than avril or no doubt or something.

and BTW, for god sakes take metallica off the list!

[quote name='iheartmetal']well i might as well join in... after all... first off let me say that i hate pretty much all the bands in the OP, and i certainly dont like king diamond. so there.[/quote]

I like King Diamond but I am the first to admit that his best work is with Mercyful Fate - 'Melissa' and 'Don't Break the Oath' are stone-cold metal classics.

[quote name='iheartmetal']Dragonforce is making their US debut! If you don't go see them, then you're nuts, they are by far the most talented musicians ever, and pretty much play the fastest music humanly possible.[/QUOTE]

When did Agothoceles change their name? ;)

I'd just like to throw in the comment that Metallica let Avril Lavigne do a cover of one of their songs. I don't care if she's hot or not, but when you're told that Avril is going to cover your song, you need to step up and say, "No fuckING way." Don't let it happen, then comment her on it, saying how it was so nice to hear a woman's voice singing Fuel.

I don't really give a damn about what happens in metal because I'll go to any concert that I can afford. If I want new music, I go to www.metalinjection.net and listen to something. They sometimes have good songs in their radio section that are downloadable.

[quote name='mykevermin']Aren't they making a PSP combat car game, a la Twisted Metal?[/quote]

:whistle2:s huh?

After several months away from his drumming duties in OPETH, Martin Lopez has permanently decided to leave the group. After being plagued by illness and anxiety attacks Lopez decided he wanted to concentrate fully on his own project, currently unnamed. His replacement will be Martin "Axe" Axenrot, who's been filling in for the last five tours and who also recorded with the band during the recent BBC sessions.

Commented OPETH frontman Mikael Åkerfeldt: "However sad I and the rest of the band feel in light of Lopez's departure, I want to thank him for his incredible work with OPETH and immense dedication to the band. We recorded some classic stuff together and he obviously had an enormous impact on our sound. I now feel very excited to hear the material of his own band. In the meantime, OPETH fans can rest assured that we'll continue jamming it out with Axe and we all have high expectations about our coming musical ventures."

In other news, Roadrunner Records will issue a special-edition deluxe version of OPETH's latest album, "Ghost Reveries", on July 25. More details will be made available soon.

www.metalinjection.net

for anybody that cares... :cry:

[quote name='AshesofWake']After several months away from his drumming duties in OPETH, Martin Lopez has permanently decided to leave the group. After being plagued by illness and anxiety attacks Lopez decided he wanted to concentrate fully on his own project, currently unnamed. His replacement will be Martin "Axe" Axenrot, who's been filling in for the last five tours and who also recorded with the band during the recent BBC sessions.

Commented OPETH frontman Mikael Åkerfeldt: "However sad I and the rest of the band feel in light of Lopez's departure, I want to thank him for his incredible work with OPETH and immense dedication to the band. We recorded some classic stuff together and he obviously had an enormous impact on our sound. I now feel very excited to hear the material of his own band. In the meantime, OPETH fans can rest assured that we'll continue jamming it out with Axe and we all have high expectations about our coming musical ventures."

In other news, Roadrunner Records will issue a special-edition deluxe version of OPETH's latest album, "Ghost Reveries", on July 25. More details will be made available soon.

www.metalinjection.net

for anybody that cares... :cry:[/QUOTE]

wait so he leaves the band after feeling sick and stressed out. so then he starts his own band?

One group I've really gotten into recently is Scar Symmetry...maybe a little hard to find if you want to buy it; but its definalty worth it. It reminds me of Gardenian(sp?, and if anyone remembers them) with some Dark Tranquillity. Lead singer uses clean vocals for about 60% of th album and it rocks really hard.

By the way, if any other you guys live in the Hampton Roads area, come Nov, its gonna be heaven at The Norva. As on Nov 2nd Celtic Frost is headlining (supposedly one of the few dates on the east coast), and the next night on Nov 3rd is Soilwork w/Mnemic! I've seen Soilwork twice all ready (I nearly shit myself when they played with Fear Factory late last year, my two favorite metal bands of all time, yeah baby!), and they know how to bring a place down

[quote name='Oktoberfest']wait so he leaves the band after feeling sick and stressed out. so then he starts his own band?[/QUOTE]

well, im pretty sure he left because of all the touring, i mean with his own band he can just work at home. have his own schedules. Especially with how big Opeth is now/becoming it would be a crazy touring/album recording cycle. Eventually that takes its toll.

[quote name='AshesofWake']omg like im so high right now, but oh man, like i was listening to Still Life, omg, such an amazing ALBUM!!![/quote]

Antischism?

newcover.jpg

New Slayer album art, looks like they got the same artist from Reign In Blood. Coming out July 25th! Haha look at the head of Mother Theresa floating in the blood, awesome.

[quote name='Xevious']:whistle2:s huh?[/QUOTE]

Forgive me for taking two months to respond, but here: http://ps2.ign.com/objects/818/818114.html

"Designed in conjunction with Earache Records, Earache Extreme Metal Racing features ten evil Earache racing teams burning a lot more than rubber through hell and other wastelands. Along with themed tracks from the combatants on the starting grid there's also a plethora of extreme Earache classics making up the soundtrack of the game from such luminaries as Napalm Death, At The Gates, Cathedral, The Haunted, Hate Eternal, Cult Of Luna, Beecher, Urkraft, Anata, Mistress, Severe Torture and many others."

I've really only read details about it on qj.net, and a lot of their news has a Euro focus. However, if it's PSP bound, that's a moot point since it's region free. Shame I fucking loathe car combat games.

[quote name='mykevermin']Forgive me for taking two months to respond, but here: http://ps2.ign.com/objects/818/818114.html

"Designed in conjunction with Earache Records, Earache Extreme Metal Racing features ten evil Earache racing teams burning a lot more than rubber through hell and other wastelands. Along with themed tracks from the combatants on the starting grid there's also a plethora of extreme Earache classics making up the soundtrack of the game from such luminaries as Napalm Death, At The Gates, Cathedral, The Haunted, Hate Eternal, Cult Of Luna, Beecher, Urkraft, Anata, Mistress, Severe Torture and many others."

I've really only read details about it on qj.net, and a lot of their news has a Euro focus. However, if it's PSP bound, that's a moot point since it's region free. Shame I fucking loathe car combat games.[/quote]

That sounds really really bad. Although it has Napalm Death, so it gains some points.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']I like this video and song better:

Impaled - Operating Theater
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1aPdRqHs9I

Also very NSFW.

And who can forget the record holder for shortest music video ever:

Brutal Truth - Collateral Damage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDW1bRgcw8w[/quote]

I'll check it out when I get home.

Has anyone heard the new Celtic Frost Album? Is it any good (Amazon has no song samples :cry:). One album I thought was above average is the new one from a band called "Lair of the Minotaur". Worth checking out if you like thrash metal with a low-fi sound.

bread's done
Back