Grammy nominated King Diamond screams "Metal Heads Unite!!"

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']And too bad Anal Cunt blows. I'm still suprised that Seth Putnam is still alive.[/quote]

They're ok as a once in a while thing, though went I want grind, they're far from the first place I look.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']They're ok as a once in a while thing, though went I want grind, they're far from the first place I look.[/quote]

I will admit that the only thing I like about them is their song titles. I guess thats my sick and twisted sense of humor that kicks in when I do...

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']I will admit that the only thing I like about them is their song titles. I guess thats my sick and twisted sense of humor that kicks in when I do...[/quote]

Yea, their lyrics and song titles are fucking hysterical. Songs like "Hitler Was A Sensitive Man" and "I Sent Your Rapist A Thank You Card" are awesome like that.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Yea, their lyrics and song titles are fucking hysterical. Songs like "Hitler Was A Sensitive Man" and "I Sent Your Rapist A Thank You Card" are awesome like that.[/quote]

Oh yeah, those are classic lol

Listening to the new Celtic Frost, and I'm really fucking digging it. To be honest, this is the first time I've ever sat down and listening to them. I so can't wait till they play The Norva in Norfolk on Nov 2nd. Cool thing is next night Soilwork is headlining. I'm gonna be in heaven!

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']Listening to the new Celtic Frost, and I'm really fucking digging it. To be honest, this is the first time I've ever sat down and listening to them. I so can't wait till they play The Norva in Norfolk on Nov 2nd. Cool thing is next night Soilwork is headlining. I'm gonna be in heaven![/QUOTE]

I didnt like Monotheist at first but after a few listens, I really started to dig it. My fav album by them will forever be "To Mega Therion" but this is an excellent album.

[quote name='CrimGhost']Needed more Stallone? Haha.[/QUOTE]

Ha Ha...I guess CrimGhost and I are in Slayer's corner.

Give the album a couple listens though....

I guess I'm really liking it because I've been wanting something kinda slower and stoney. Plus, this is the first time I've ever heard Celtic Frost. I know I know, and I call myself a metal head. I'm seeing what I can do about acquring some more stuff right now...

Has anyone ever heard of Darkseed? I'm pretty knowledgeable about their releases. Just wondering if anyone else here might listen to them. Them and GodGory.

GodGory and Fear Factory are a tie for my favorite metal bands of all time. Too bad GodGory broke up.. :whistle2:(

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']I guess I'm really liking it because I've been wanting something kinda slower and stoney. Plus, this is the first time I've ever heard Celtic Frost. I know I know, and I call myself a metal head. I'm seeing what I can do about acquring some more stuff right now...[/QUOTE]

The first 2 albums were hard-driving and thrashy. The third album is more experimental in nature.

The fourth album is the infamous record "Cold Lake" which basically killed their careers.

Dont feel bad if you haven't heard their stuff. Its hard to keep track of all the bands out there. THats why this thread exists....

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']I've been wanting something kinda slower and stoney.[/QUOTE]

If you want something really slow and stoney, you should check out Electric Wizard's Dopethrone. Its actually one of my all time favorite albums of all time. Its really slow and heavy as fuck!!!!

[quote name='Xevious']If you want something really slow and stoney, you should check out Electric Wizard's Dopethrone. Its actually one of my all time favorite albums of all time. Its really slow and heavy as fuck!!!![/quote]
No offense, but if the group is what I think they sound like, then its borderline sludgy for me. Not really my taste.

I really like doom metal, but its hard to find anything that fits my liking

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']No offense, but if the group is what I think they sound like, then its borderline sludgy for me. Not really my taste.

I really like doom metal, but its hard to find anything that fits my liking[/QUOTE]

Fair enough...I listen to a lot of doom metal bands myself. Name some bands that you dig so that I can get a clear understanding of what you are looking for.

Sure. Favorite of all time is a tie between Fear Factory and GodGory and Soilwork (the tour Soilwork did with Fear Factory was pure bliss to me). Others ares Nevermore, Lamb of God, Scar Symmetry, Carcass, Lacrimosa, In Extremo (god I love their mideval stuff), Theatre of Tragedy (old and new stuff, Aegis is my favorite album though), Nothingface, Sins of Thy Beloved, Sirenia, Nightwish, MacBeth, In Flames, Nile, Naplam Death, Aborted, Emporer, Darkseed, Axis of Perdition (I have SneakyPenguin to thank for getting me interested in them, Dark Tranquillity, Crematory, Mnemic, and thats just going thru two folders I have of stuff.

As you can tell, my metal taste, very much like my musical taste run the gamut. As long as its good, I'll listen to it. I mean, its not uncommon for me to go from some old country song to jazz, then to metal to ska, and back again...

Though as of the past year or so, I'll check out the reviews on Blabbermouth and then go see what I can find online and give htem a listen or two. Doesn't matter what either the reviewer or reader rating is...just looking to find new stuff.

Though one thing I hate with a fucking passion is hardcore.

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']Sure. Favorite of all time is a tie between Fear Factory and GodGory and Soilwork (the tour Soilwork did with Fear Factory was pure bliss to me). Others ares Nevermore, Lamb of God, Scar Symmetry, Carcass, Lacrimosa, In Extremo (god I love their mideval stuff), Theatre of Tragedy (old and new stuff, Aegis is my favorite album though), Nothingface, Sins of Thy Beloved, Sirenia, Nightwish, MacBeth, In Flames, Nile, Naplam Death, Aborted, Emporer, Darkseed, Axis of Perdition (I have SneakyPenguin to thank for getting me interested in them, Dark Tranquillity, Crematory, Mnemic, and thats just going thru two folders I have of stuff.

As you can tell, my metal taste, very much like my musical taste run the gamut. As long as its good, I'll listen to it. I mean, its not uncommon for me to go from some old country song to jazz, then to metal to ska, and back again...

Though as of the past year or so, I'll check out the reviews on Blabbermouth and then go see what I can find online and give htem a listen or two. Doesn't matter what either the reviewer or reader rating is...just looking to find new stuff.

Though one thing I hate with a fucking passion is hardcore.[/QUOTE]

Our tastes are different but there are a few on your list that I like: Nile, Naplam Death, Carcass. Nevermore is a good one; I remember that singers old band too- Sanctuary which was a great fucking band live (Yeah I'm old)

[quote name='Xevious']Our tastes are different but there are a few on your list that I like: Nile, Naplam Death, Carcass. Nevermore is a good one; I remember that singers old band too- Sanctuary which was a great fucking band live (Yeah I'm old)[/quote]

Well, like I said, I listen to literally everything, so its not ust relegated to metal and its sub genres. For example, I just went from listening to some Celtic Frost to listening to Garbage then onto Public Enemy. I can be bi-polar as all hell when it comes to music period. As for Nevermore, I never have their album Enemies of Reality a chance, and have yet to listen to This Godless Endeaver. I've heard they're fuckin killer live. I just wish they'd come to my area. The closest is Jaxx in Springfield, VA. They sell out in record time there.

Of course my heart and soul are tied to metal and industrial though

If you still want some slow/droney shit, I can list a bunch:

Sleep
jesu
Sunn 0))) (I'm not a fan, but you don't get much slower)
Boris on the album Amplifier Worship
Thrones
HALO

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']If you still want some slow/droney shit, I can list a bunch:

Sleep
jesu
Sunn 0))) (I'm not a fan, but you don't get much slower)
Boris on the album Amplifier Worship
Thrones
HALO[/quote]

I thought that Sunn O)))) was industrial??

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']I thought that Sunn O)))) was industrial??[/quote]

God no. Full on Drone metal, some of the most boring shit I've ever heard. White2 is the only album I've enjoyed, and that's because of the heavy noise influence.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']I didn't know the new album was so close. Thanks for the heads up.[/QUOTE]

comes out september 12th i believe, a webrip leaked

Can anyone recommend me some metal of any genre that you can find at Best Buy? I want to try and listen to something different or new for a change.

[quote name='AshesofWake']comes out september 12th i believe, a webrip leaked[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just didn't realize the new album was coming out this year (though now I remember Leviathan came out in 2004). On another note, Christ Illusion kicks ass.

[quote name='RedComet']Can anyone recommend me some metal of any genre that you can find at Best Buy? I want to try and listen to something different or new for a change.[/QUOTE]

Best Buy has an extremely limited selection. If thats the only thing thats in your town, I feel bad for you.

So that leads up to my next question- what bands are you into. Maybe someone here can recommend something...

Hmm well I guess it doesn't have to be something mainstream you could find at BB. Here's some bands I've been listening to as of late.

!T.O.O.H.!
Amon Amarth
Ensiferum
Korpiklaani
Sigh
Strapping Young Lad
Wintersun

[quote name='RedComet']Hmm well I guess it doesn't have to be something mainstream you could find at BB. Here's some bands I've been listening to as of late.

!T.O.O.H.!
Amon Amarth
Ensiferum
Korpiklaani
Sigh
Strapping Young Lad
Wintersun[/QUOTE]

What I can suggest is that you check out www.allmusic.com

You can look up information on some of your favorite bands and there is a section where they show related bands. It's a good place to do research on music in general.....

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']I need a recommendation from a Slayer fan. I love Reign in Blood, and Christ Illusion is incredible. What album should I listen to next?[/QUOTE]

South of Heaven? i personally think you can't go wrong with any of them, even God Hates Us All

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']Could give Diabolus in Musica a spin. Thats what I cut my Slayer teeth on. I'd have to say that that is my favorite Slayer album[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I'll put it in the queue.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Thanks, I'll put it in the queue.[/quote]

Hell, the opening lyrics to Deaths Head has been stuck in my mind for years lol:

"Death's pointed at your head
Your mind on the trigger pull it
Bludgeon bodies give up their muted horror story
Scene of your rage
Death is not strange"

Show No Mercy to Seasons in the abyss are the best thrash albums ever! Haha ok so maybe there's some from other bands, but we'll get to that later. If you like Slayer, listen to Death, I suggest Scream Bloody Gore by Death.

[quote name='CrimGhost']Show No Mercy to Seasons in the abyss are the best thrash albums ever! Haha ok so maybe there's some from other bands, but we'll get to that later. If you like Slayer, listen to Death, I suggest Scream Bloody Gore by Death.[/quote]

Ahh, Death. Bless Chuck Shuldiner(sp?) for being one of the pioneers of death meatl! Just sucks that they poor guy a few years back

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']I need a recommendation from a Slayer fan. I love Reign in Blood, and Christ Illusion is incredible. What album should I listen to next?[/quote]

Reign in Blood, South of Heaven and Seasons are three core Slayer albums that you should check out.

I do have a lot of love for Hell Awaits and Show No Mercy but those albums had lesser production values than the before-mentioned records.

Human is the better Death album.

Get Alice in Hell by Annihilator, Slaughter in The Vatican by Exhorder, The Sun of Tiphareth by Absu (if you want some blackened thrash), and Darkness Descends by Dark Angel. Darkness Descends is probably the best thrash album ever.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Human is the better Death album.

Get Alice in Hell by Annihilator, Slaughter in The Vatican by Exhorder, The Sun of Tiphareth by Absu (if you want some blackened thrash), and Darkness Descends by Dark Angel. Darkness Descends is probably the best thrash album ever.[/quote]

I think I have that Death album sitting somewhere on my PC.

Ultimatly, I prefer melodic metal. I don't care if its death, black, goth, or whatever...

I love Annihiilator--Alilce in Hell, though I'm not too enamored of their other stuff. I think the only Death album I have is Spiritual Healing.

I noticed all you guys are talking about album leaks. Here is an interesting article:

MASTODON Drummer Says British Journalist Is Responsible For New Album Leak - Aug. 16, 2006 MASTODON's drummer, Bränn Dailor, has told MTV.com that a certain English journalist is the one behind the online leak of the Atlanta metallers' forthcoming album, "Blood Mountain", last week.

"Hopefully one day, he'll introduce himself," Dailor joked about the journalist, who claimed he was one of the band's biggest fans. "[Our record label] traced it back to the guy who did it, and he got fired from wherever he was working. It's just so stupid. And it's such a sh---y copy. It sounds like sh--. I'm not concerned with record sales, because I think that if anyone's looking for it online to download it and listen to it, when it comes out [on September 12], they'll buy it anyways. They're fans.

"My problem is, I can equate it to when I was 11 years old," he continued, relaying a story about discovering his Christmas presents in his mother's closet a month before the holiday. "I wrapped it all back up, and then Christmas came, and I went downstairs, and I knew everything I was going to get. And that sucked. It totally ruined the whole thing. Up until then, I had never done that before and I was always really excited to wake up and open that first present. But that wasn't awesome, and I never did it again.

"When I was a kid, you had to wait for that IRON MAIDEN record," he recalled. "The whole thing was, this is the day it comes out, and you cannot have it before that day. But these days, with the Internet, everything just leaks. I urge people not to download it if they see it there, but I understand if they do. I want people to be excited for it and to hear it for the first time and hear it the way it was supposed to be heard."

MASTODON last week shot two videos within five days, with director Jonathan Rej (FURTHER SEEMS FOREVER, STRETCH ARMSTRONG), who worked with the band on the video for "Blood and Thunder" from 2004's "Leviathan".

Read more at MTV.com.

[quote name='Xevious']"My problem is, I can equate it to when I was 11 years old," he continued, relaying a story about discovering his Christmas presents in his mother's closet a month before the holiday. "I wrapped it all back up, and then Christmas came, and I went downstairs, and I knew everything I was going to get. And that sucked. It totally ruined the whole thing. Up until then, I had never done that before and I was always really excited to wake up and open that first present. But that wasn't awesome, and I never did it again.[/QUOTE]

Least metal analogy ever.

[quote name='mykevermin']Least metal analogy ever.[/quote]

Ha Ha! I know what he's saying though. I'm pretty old school in a sense that I still buy cds. I decided not to download the album cause I rather hear it on my stereo than on my computer speakers.

-------------------------------

Speaking of old school, I've been lately listening to one of the most underated metal bands of all time - Coroner! I've forgotten how tight that shit is!

[quote name='AshesofWake']so, the frontman of Dissection committed suicide?

that's what it says here: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=56681

:/[/quote]
Eh, I could care less, from my understanding, Jon Nödtveidt was a douche bag anyway (and yes, I know about his whole murder, conviction thing, whatta dumbass). Even though I really like Storm of the Light's Bane.

Now if that Aryan wannabe moron Varg Vikernes would do the same.

Yes everybody with a difference of opinion from you should die, even if you don't know them personally or other than from what people tell you!

Nödtveidt could shit better riffs than most bands could possibly dream of in a lifetime, I guess that doesn't matter when bands for you are just MP3s "sitting somewhere on your PC"...

bread's done
Back