Grammy nominated King Diamond screams "Metal Heads Unite!!"

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Hmm, lo-fi thrash, sounds interesting.[/QUOTE]
Almost as interesting as a red apple.

[quote name='mykevermin']Who am I?

D - R - I!
[/quote]

Did you know Spike has cancer? There is a fund drive going on to help pay for his medical expensives.

[quote name='Xevious']Did you know Spike has cancer? There is a fund drive going on to help pay for his medical expensives.[/quote]

Yea, it's really depressing. And they cancelled all dates, which blows cause I was gonna see them next month.

[quote name='Brak']Almost as interesting as a red apple.[/quote]
I prefer Red Delicious over Granny Smith myself.:cool:

Especially the poisoned kind with satanic symbols carved on it

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Yea, it's really depressing. And they cancelled all dates, which blows cause I was gonna see them next month.[/quote]

I know...First the guy from Voivod and now Spike from D.R.I. Why are all these kick-ass guitar players getting sick?

[quote name='Xevious']I know...First the guy from Voivod and now Spike from D.R.I. Why are all these kick-ass guitar players getting sick?[/quote]

Aids

[quote name='Xevious']SLAYER!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

No, it's

SLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='AshesofWake']doesn't King write all the lyrics?[/QUOTE]

Nope, Jeff and Tom write quite a lot of the lyrics. In fact a lot of Slayer's great songs were written by Jeff. The last Slayer album was written all by Kerry.

[quote name='CrimGhost']Nope, Jeff and Tom write quite a lot of the lyrics. In fact a lot of Slayer's great songs were written by Jeff. The last Slayer album was written all by Kerry.[/quote]

Jeff is the main songwriter on "Reign in Blood" although Kerry did contribute.

I just picked up the new Celtic Frost album. I haven't heard it yet though. I will when I walk home from work (I carry a portable CD player).

Its been getting pretty good reviews (Not that CD reviews matter)

[quote name='Oktoberfest']whatever Sepultura is mediocre at best now[/quote]

I actually like the new album Dante XII. I think its Derrick's best work.

I skipped Slayer, as it was expensive as fuck, the rest of the bands blew, and I heard Slayer wasn't the best band live (from a gigantic Slayer fan at that).

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']I skipped Slayer, as it was expensive as fuck, the rest of the bands blew, and I heard Slayer wasn't the best band live (from a gigantic Slayer fan at that).[/quote]

Well, I am a big Slayer and Mastodon fan so I would have gone to that show.

Admittedly there is the a little truth to what your friend said. Slayer is not the best live act I have ever seen. Really the fans are the show. I am a big Slayer fan (since Hell Awaits) and I still go to their shows.

Metallica with all of their shortcomings is actually a better live band than Slayer. Slayer has a better discography though. I'm sure some people might argue against what I said however...

[quote name='Xevious']Metallica with all of their shortcomings is actually a better live band than Slayer. Slayer has a better discography though. I'm sure some people might argue against what I said however...[/quote]

I despise Metallica with an unholy passion. When I wasn thrash, I go to fucking Dark Angel. Metallica leaves a bad taste in my ears.

And 324 is awesome fucking grind.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']If you consider yourself a DM fan in the least, you NEED to check out Quo Vadis. fucking brilliant technical death.[/quote]

Quo Vadis is the first death metal band I've liked and my favorite.

[quote name='Xevious']Well, I am a big Slayer and Mastodon fan so I would have gone to that show.

Admittedly there is the a little truth to what your friend said. Slayer is not the best live act I have ever seen. Really the fans are the show. I am a big Slayer fan (since Hell Awaits) and I still go to their shows.

Metallica with all of their shortcomings is actually a better live band than Slayer. Slayer has a better discography though. I'm sure some people might argue against what I said however...[/QUOTE]

I agree to that, and this is from a huge Slayer fan as well.

[quote name='Xevious']
kingdiamond3kg.gif

[/quote]

You know I'd forgotten all about King Diamond until I saw an advance screening back in May of...

... There's a great bit where Randal and Jay torture Elias (the new guy you cab see above with the hat & apron on) by attacking him whilst singing "Welcome Home"... I guess you have to see it but it's pretty funny and it totally brought back my memories of King Diamond! :D

Mastodon - Blood Mountain leaked

personally I hate the vocals Mastodon had on Leviathon, i bought the album couldn't stand it even though I LOVED everything else. with that said, i am totally digging this new album!!! i actually like it a lot and the vocals don't annoy me at all!

side note: i'm also really digging Deicide - Stench of Redemption, i've never really liked their other stuff

2nd side note: Christ Illusions kicks ass...

[quote name='AshesofWake']Mastodon - Blood Mountain leaked

personally I hate the vocals Mastodon had on Leviathon, i bought the album couldn't stand it even though I LOVED everything else. with that said, i am totally digging this new album!!! i actually like it a lot and the vocals don't annoy me at all!

side note: i'm also really digging Deicide - Stench of Redemption, i've never really liked their other stuff

2nd side note: Christ Illusions kicks ass...[/QUOTE]

When was Blood Mountain due out anyways? Maybe they will release it sooner (hopefully).

Some motherfucker is sure having a good time leaking out all these records.

Slayer's new album is decent, great improvement over God Hates Us All. My favorite tracks are Flesh Storm, Jihad, Black Serenade, and Supremist. They're filming a video for the worst track on the record though, Eyes of the insane. This album is going to go great while im playing Dead Rising.

Question for y'all: Which DragonForce album is the best?

I went to their site and downloaded the three songs they have available there. I liked all of them but of couse they're all from different albums.

I like songs from all three albums so any of them would be good. They are really similar to each other in the sound. I just got Inhuman Rampage the other day and had all of them sign it and got pics with them.

[quote name='CrimGhost']Slayer's new album is decent, great improvement over God Hates Us All. My favorite tracks are Flesh Storm, Jihad, Black Serenade, and Supremist. They're filming a video for the worst track on the record though, Eyes of the insane. This album is going to go great while im playing Dead Rising.[/QUOTE]

I just got the cd and I agree with you. Its better than 'God Hates us All' although I disagree with you about "Eyes of the Insane" being the worst track. I think 'Cult' is the worst track.

So far, 'Confearacy' is my favorite track but that might change with repeated listens. I just bought the cd about an hour or so ago.

EDIT:

Oh and I forgot,
\m/ SLAYER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! \m/

Picked up Christ Illusion, but no Dead Rising today, maybe tomorrow. Oh well...fuckING SLAYER! Oh and Skeleton Christ at exactly 2:06 is great headbang material while driving.

I love the name of this band Anal Blast:

ANAL BLAST, NINETY MINUTE REFLEX To Headline TAMPA BAY GRINDCORE MASSACRE - Aug. 8, 2006

Minnesota's ANAL BLAST, which is currently on the Bloody Holes of Summer tour, will hit Florida as part of the Tampa Bay Grindcore Massacre, set to take place August 19 at Tampa Bay's Legendary Brass Mug.

The event, co-headlined by Florida's NINETY MINUTE REFLEX (full-length album due out winter 2006, produced by HATE ETERNAL/MORBID ANGEL guitarist Erik Rutan at his Mana Recording Studio), will also feature Deathgasm Records' AMOEBIC DYSENTERY from Georgia, and Tampa natives GARDY-LOO! (featuring members of NASTY SAVAGE) as well as some of the best the Southeastern death/grind scene has to offer.

[quote name='Xevious']I love the name of this band Anal Blast:

ANAL BLAST, NINETY MINUTE REFLEX To Headline TAMPA BAY GRINDCORE MASSACRE - Aug. 8, 2006

Minnesota's ANAL BLAST, which is currently on the Bloody Holes of Summer tour, will hit Florida as part of the Tampa Bay Grindcore Massacre, set to take place August 19 at Tampa Bay's Legendary Brass Mug.

The event, co-headlined by Florida's NINETY MINUTE REFLEX (full-length album due out winter 2006, produced by HATE ETERNAL/MORBID ANGEL guitarist Erik Rutan at his Mana Recording Studio), will also feature Deathgasm Records' AMOEBIC DYSENTERY from Georgia, and Tampa natives GARDY-LOO! (featuring members of NASTY SAVAGE) as well as some of the best the Southeastern death/grind scene has to offer.[/QUOTE]

You like that band name then check out Goblin Cock.
http://www.absolutelykosher.com/goblincock.html

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Anal Blast isn't that good, and Anal Cunt is a better name. Paracoccidioidomicosisproctitissarcomucosis beats them both though.[/quote]

And too bad Anal Cunt blows. I'm still suprised that Seth Putnam is still alive.

bread's done
Back