Grammy nominated King Diamond screams "Metal Heads Unite!!"

If you can't grasp that everyone's individual tastes are inherently, objectively, and empirically superior to everyone else's, then you're not really into any kind of scene at all. You just listen to music.

Brutal Truth tour dates...

03/21/09 Chicago, IL Double Door
04/04/09 Tempe, AZ The Sets
04/05/09 San Marcos, CA The Jumping Turtle
04/07/09 Los Angeles, CA The Knitting Factory
04/08/09 San Francisco, CA The DNA Lounge
04/23/09 Rochester, NY Montage Music
04/24/09 Toronto, ON Wreck Room
04/25/09 Pittsburgh, PA 31st St Pub
04/26/09 Cleveland, OH Peabody's
05/01/09 Montreal, QC Underworld
05/02/09 Quebec City, Canada L'Anti
05/03/09 Ottawa, ON Maverick's
05/17/09 Brooklyn, NY Europa
05/22/09 Baltimore, MD Sonar

Expect Atheist to announce some U.S. shows for July/Aug!

[quote name='mykevermin']Like Toby Keith country of Bob Wills country?

World o' difference, man. World o' difference.[/quote]

Toby Keith, definitely. :wall:

Wolves in the Throne Room was amazing. It was almost like being in a dark room and listening to one of their albums on a venue sound system, because I couldn't see SHIT with all the fog. Still great though. Tombs was impressive too.

New Black Sabbath single has be released for streaming through various sources.

Upcoming Candlemass album can be streamed in it's entirety on their MySpace.

Hahaha sorry Sneaky.

In other news, I'll be interviewing Kelly Shaefer from Atheist! The interview is going to be over the phone on Wednesday, April 15th during my normal show hours (4-6PM EST).

Also, I might be interviewing Sigh at MDF in May!

http://www.supremebrutality.com/fest/tickets.html

"Many people have been wondering how long tickets will be on sale, so please take note of what is going on right now. We are waiting approval on permit applications to increase capacity with an outside production, but until the permits are received we must approach ticket sales as mentioned below.

As of today, April 7th, only 200 3-day passes are available. In addition, only Friday and Sunday single day tickets are available for the remainder of April. It is not certain how many single day tickets for each day will be made available in early May, but we will update you as soon as we know how many can be made available, if any at all.

We don't want this to be too alarming because we have been working on accommodating more people with an outside production in addition to the use of all three rooms of Sonar. However, it won't be until sometime during the first week of May that we would actually receive the permits from the city to proceed with the outside production, so until then we cannot oversell tickets.

So, once again, MDF VII could sell out in the next few weeks. If you already have a flight booked for MDF or plan on traveling from a far away distance in general, consider this a fair warning and do what you can to get your tickets as soon as possible. As already stated, as of April 7th there are 200 3-day passes available, but it's likely that they won't be available for long."

http://deathbyhanger.blogspot.com/2009/04/interview-with-kelly-schaefer.html

Tune in Wednesday, April 15 from 4:00-6:00PM (EST-U.S.) for a live interview with Kelly Schaefer from the legendary Technical-Death Metal band Atheist! We'll be talking about the upcoming album, Atheist's past and present, and just shooting the shit. So be sure to tune in! If you miss the live stream, I'll have the interview available to download later.

To tune in online: http://broadcast.umbc.edu:8000/wmbc.m3u

To download the interview: http://intothevoid.podomatic.com/

Thanks!

Pentagram is doing another set of shows in the U.S.
I suggest you go, Liebling is back...for now!

6/27 Chicago, IL @ The Empty Bottle
6/30 Seattle, WA @ Studio Seven
7/1 Portland, OR @ Satyricon
7/2 San Francisco, CA @ DNA Lounge
7/3 Los Angeles, CA @ House of Blues Sunset Strip
7/6 Austin, TX @ Emo's

[LNK]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sx7L1aZu698&annotation_id=annotation_336839&feature=iv[/LNK]

Bought this last year I guess.....and could have sworn this was recorded in like 88 :)

I saw Kreator a week or two ago, good show.

Also:

3044_80769035094_512255094_2190514_6710764_n.jpg

:bouncy:

Pentagram in Chicago? I'm gonna try to go.

I've actually been listening to a lot of Overkill lately, as well as Orange Goblin. I've been listening the fuck out of Orange Goblin.

I saw Cynic again last week and hung out with them, great set as usual.

Ate pizza with the guys before the show, haha the singer from DragonForce came into the pizza place(they were the headlining band for the show) and when he was ordering some food, my friend got up to get napkins and the singer from DragonForce thought he wanted his autograph! And then the singer ate alone :( haha.

After Cynic's set me and Paul, Tymon, and their guitar tech made fun of DragonForce. Haha, good times.

[quote name='CrimGhost']my friend got up to get napkins and the singer from DragonForce thought he wanted his autograph! And then the singer ate alone[/QUOTE]

That is the best possible ending to that anecdote.

Live in London is such a great live album. I listen to it all the time. The DVD is pretty cool too.

This summer is getting nuts.....Mayhem Fest, Heaven and Hell, Judas Priest.....just missed Queensryche but DreamTheatre is coming around.

Granted I know these aren't everyones tastes but...its still an assload of metal compared to previous years....

[quote name='CrimGhost']Pentagram is doing another set of shows in the U.S.
I suggest you go, Liebling is back...for now!

6/27 Chicago, IL @ The Empty Bottle
6/30 Seattle, WA @ Studio Seven
7/1 Portland, OR @ Satyricon
7/2 San Francisco, CA @ DNA Lounge
7/3 Los Angeles, CA @ House of Blues Sunset Strip
7/6 Austin, TX @ Emo's[/QUOTE]

Damnit no Ohio show!

Has any good metal albums came out recently besides Mastadon. I need some suggestions. Thanks! Typically into melodic death, thrash, doom, technical death, and math. I also like a little metalcore every now and then.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Has any good metal albums came out recently besides Mastadon. I need some suggestions. Thanks! Typically into melodic death, thrash, doom, technical death, and math. I also like a little metalcore every now and then.[/QUOTE]
Candlemass' "Death Magic Doom"
Pestilence's "Resurrection Macabre"
Thanatos' "Justified Genocide"

I like the new Mastodon but I must admit its my least favorite. I guess the clean vocals don't work for me.

I heard they sound bad live...

bread's done
Back