Grammy nominated King Diamond screams "Metal Heads Unite!!"

New or upcoming albums you should check out...

Ulcerate - Everything is Fire
Exivious - S/T
Magrudergrind - S/T
Lord Mantis - Spawning The Nephilim
Asphyx - Death... The Brutal Way

Holy fuck, I must have been right next to you during Bolt Thrower's set :hot:

Also:

4225_91705930094_512255094_2354875_6724668_n.jpg

:bouncy:

Hell yeah! I smoked up with the Atheist/Gnostic guys at their hotel room, they had some killer bud. The night before I had dinner with them, missed Mayhem and most of Asphyx, but they told some great stories about the early days. Also talked with this fellow for about an hour, he was sitting alone on the curb outside the venue on the day of the pre-fest...
http://yfrog.com/07hpim4569j
He still remembers the dodgeball games Xevious, haha.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pitfallharry219']Goddamn. I went to that site and got attacked by pop-ups.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it sucks now. Not just popups, but the slowest popups of doom. I've been boycotting for a while.

"I am Fermentor!" ah Dino! I'm going to be seeing Bone Awl in Philly soon, still can't believe those guys are playing shows.

I so want to go see Dream Theater, but I am not driving 2 hrs and Philly traffic for the concert. Eight more days to Black Clouds and Silver Linings, got my preorder in at Amazon :D.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Eight more days to Black Clouds and Silver Linings, got my preorder in at Amazon :D.[/QUOTE]
I didn't think it was anything special, very forgettable sadly.

I gotta be honest.....thats like....the kind of metal that I find utterly unlistenable. I may as well just fire up my car and sit listening to the tailpipes......

To each his own, of course, but that is like......no 'tanks ;)

[quote name='HeadRusch']I gotta be honest.....thats like....the kind of metal that I find utterly unlistenable. I may as well just fire up my car and sit listening to the tailpipes......

To each his own, of course, but that is like......no 'tanks ;)[/QUOTE]

understandable. like i said, i know about 99% of the people in this thread dont like this type of metal. Guess you can say I like the crappy (well not to me :D) metal bands that no one likes here (ei: Decapitated, Job For a Cowboy, Behemoth, Dimmu Borgir, Aborted, etc). It goes great with computer programing :cool:

Funny Thing, I dont mind Dimmu Borgir.......I actually bought Death Cult Armageddon and enjoyed most of the tunes on there. Oh sure the dude sounds like Popeye sometimes but you know, thats half the fun... :D

I dont think this is crappy metal, I think its actually the logical "next step" in metal....at some point you get so fast that its not thrash anymore, you can't do much more than follow a 16th or 32nd note beat and it becomes..well...this. I can't get into it, but I'm sure alot of people can...whatever, if someones buying this shi..err..stuff, more power to em. Its a Karmic balance to the fucking Celene Dions of this world :D

Hey, you can be way faster than thrash and not be that (power violence: PLAY FAST OR DIE).

And out of the bands listed there, the only terrible one is Job For A Cockboy.

[quote name='HeadRusch']Funny Thing, I dont mind Dimmu Borgir.......I actually bought Death Cult Armageddon and enjoyed most of the tunes on there. Oh sure the dude sounds like Popeye sometimes but you know, thats half the fun... :D

I dont think this is crappy metal, I think its actually the logical "next step" in metal....at some point you get so fast that its not thrash anymore, you can't do much more than follow a 16th or 32nd note beat and it becomes..well...this. I can't get into it, but I'm sure alot of people can...whatever, if someones buying this shi..err..stuff, more power to em. Its a Karmic balance to the fucking Celene Dions of this world :D[/QUOTE]

:applause:

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Hey, you can be way faster than thrash and not be that (power violence: PLAY FAST OR DIE).

And out of the bands listed there, the only terrible one is Job For A Cockboy.[/QUOTE]

true true. As for JFAC, i really only listen to bits of their cd Genesis and a couple from their new album. Their girl screaming in the ep Doom was kinda werid.

[quote name='refusedchaos']i know not a lot of people here like Death Metal/Deathcore but was wondering if anyone else liked Here Comes The Kraken. I just found them the other day and I'm liking what I'm hearing (like the drumming ^_^ )[/QUOTE]

I've never really come into this thread before (ohai every1), but I think now's a good time to start.

I use to listen to a lot of bands like the one you posted, and while I'm not really into that stuff much these days, that song you posted was pretty good minus the vocals, IMO. That raspy shit just doesn't cut it for me.

I don't really know what gets talked about in this thread, but I guess I'll just add that I'm set to go see Judas Priest on July 5th and I am fucking psyched.

Some death metal is all right but some I can't stand. As I get older I'm not much into the constant bombardment of blast beats and cookie monster vocals. Not to mention the elaborate band name designs they come up with these days(can anyone read those things?).

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Crim, yer friend's with Ludicra? That's pretty awesome.[/QUOTE]

I know their drummer, he also drums for Agalloch now. Great bands. Wouldn't be surprised if Xevious knows him, haha.

Oh yeah the new Voivod is coming out soon, also Ibex Moon Records is distributing the new Asphyx album for the States.

[quote name='CrimGhost']Oh yeah the new Voivod is coming out soon, also Ibex Moon Records is distributing the new Asphyx album for the States.[/QUOTE]
The Voivod album leaked if you're into that kind of thing.

I've been listening to a lot of Powermad. They do a pretty good Ramones cover. I miss buying CDs. I'm too poor to keep up with all the releases and buy CDs every week like I used to.

well after complaining about the lack of concerts i just found out that *preparing to get flamed* sonata arctica and dragonforce are going on tour together late summer/fall. count me in.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']well after complaining about the lack of concerts i just found out that *preparing to get flamed* sonata arctica and dragonforce are going on tour together late summer/fall. count me in.[/QUOTE]

Haha, Dragonforce. They were on of the mainstage bands when I went to the Rockstar Mayhem Festival last year. I only caught the end of their set, but I have to say, the 4 minutes of hairblowing I saw was more than enough for me.

I don't think I've ever seen another band use fans just to help their hair whip around onstage.

[quote name='lolwut?']Haha, Dragonforce. They were on of the mainstage bands when I went to the Rockstar Mayhem Festival last year. I only caught the end of their set, but I have to say, the 4 minutes of hairblowing I saw was more than enough for me.

I don't think I've ever seen another band use fans just to help their hair whip around onstage.[/QUOTE]

Behemoth and Hate Eternal.. But it's totally badass.

It's a step away from metal so I guess it doesn't really fit in with this thread, but the new Devin Townsend album (Ki) is really good. Sort of ambient rock-ish with a few metal "moments" here and there. That said, this album is apparently the first in a series of four he's working on in rapid succession - the description for the next two make me think I'll like them even more ("Addicted will be an album of "melodic" and "danceable" music, but will be "much heavier" than his previous albums with The Devin Townsend Band." & "Townsend has stated that Deconstruction will have the heaviest music he has ever made.")

New Amorphis is good too, probably a close second behind Eclipse as far as albums with the "new" lineup.

New Spinal Tap also isn't bad at all. Was expecting crap since half of the material is redux versions of old stuff, but surprisingly the new versions are not nearly as offensive as most remakes.

Green Jello is back on tour. I highly recommend checking them out if they show up in your area, even if you're not a big fan they put on a really entertaining show. I saw them last year and loved it. Lower budget/more fun version of Gwar.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='RAMSTORIA']well after complaining about the lack of concerts i just found out that *preparing to get flamed* sonata arctica and dragonforce are going on tour together late summer/fall. count me in.[/QUOTE]

Dragonforce is tolerable, but sonata artica I'd definitely like to see. I'm with some of you others where death metal usually isn't my thing. Occasionally, superior musicianship and some variance in vocal style attracts my attention (psycroptic comes to mind).

For anyone who cares, it looks Fear Factory is now Bell, Cazares, Stroud, and Gene Hoglan on drums. There seems to be some dispute about whether or not they had the authority to reform this way. TBH, I'm glad to see Cazares back as the creative force, but extremely sad to see Herrera go (not that Hoglan doesn't have the chops). If they can make something like SOANM or Demanufacture again, I'd love them forever.

[quote name='Canadian_Man']Vader has just announced a North American tour.[/QUOTE]

With Augury! Definitely go check Augury out, their new album is going to be AMAZING.

Maryland Deathfest 2010:

ENTOMBED (Sweden)
OBITUARY
PENTAGRAM
EYEHATEGOD
SINISTER (Netherlands)
INCANTATION
PORTAL (Australia)
HAEMORRHAGE (Spain)
IMPALED
GRIDLINK
INGROWING (Czech Republic)