Grammy nominated King Diamond screams "Metal Heads Unite!!"

[quote name='Xevious']Thats pretty fucking cool![/QUOTE]

I went to the show at the movies. Started late, sound went out during Harvester of Sorrow. Video went out during Hit the Lights. IDK if more was shown. About 6 of us (of the 15-20 who were in the theater....wtf) complained and got 2 free movie passes each. A chunky guy asked if he could have a free concessions pass, which I didn't find amusing until my brother pointed it out to me. The manager was clearly nervous and was only going to give us 1 free pass, but the show was $18 (minus my Tropicana code I got from this site, making them $12 each). I wish we got the complete and unscathed show, though.

All those guys on stage was cool. Hopefully they can do some other stuff like that. Especially with Mustaine. Call of Cthulu as a Cliff tribute, perhaps?

I was poking fun at it earlier, but the new Danzig is probably the best since 4, and definitely the best since 6.

Pretty weird to see that Mustaine/Hetfield thing, even if it is almost bordering on self-parody on a Spinal Tap level with all those people onstage at once.

*Edit* - I fucking hate how Metallica almost ALWAYS only plays the first half of that song and then stops.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just ordered a used CD from Wherehouse.com

It is the Obsessed - Church Within. Its out of print and its going for $20 used on Amazon and higher brand new. I got ordered for $10 but I'm a little nervous buying a used CD. Personally I like to inspect a used cd at a mom-and-pop music store before buying it.

It just occurred to me that I have some rare stuff that is out of print. Maybe we can do something where we can trade burned copies of CDs to each other. I'm looking for a band called Acrimony - their stuff is out of print and hard to find. If anyone else here has those cds maybe we can talk.

Just a thought.

I'm sure the mods wouldn't really like too much talk about that kind of thing.

If you want bootlegged copies, why not just download the albums yourself? I'm not saying that in an asshole-ish way. I'm just wondering.

[quote name='Canadian_Man']A whole lot of nothing going on in the world of metal right now.[/QUOTE]

Not true! The new Earthride album is out. If you want some quality Maryland-style doom...this is it.

I saw some hot Spanish chick at this carnival thing wearing a Razor Evil Invaders shirt. I almost died and went to heaven. I also saw a few seconds later that she was married to another metalhead and had like five kids. Oh well.

New Angra album is pretty good, although I was expecting better. I'll definitely be seeing them at the House of Blues in Hollywood when they come in January (with Sepultura). Looks like meet and greet tickets are $60.00, which I'll probably do since I go to so few shows and Kiko is my favorite guitarist out there.

So, I've been listening to In This Moment lately and I really like the band. Hot lead singer, too.

Anybody else listen to Liquid Metal on XM/Sirius radio?

Both the new Iron Maiden and Blind Guardian are pretty good actually. I can't wait to see Blind Guardian live again.

Some tour news for the USA:

Florida's death metal icons Cannibal Corpse have revealed the dates for their upcoming tour of the U.S. The tour kicks off on November 5th in Wilmington, North Carolina and runs for 17 days spanning the eastern states. Support on the tour will come from Dying Fetus, Vital Remains and Devourment.

Cannibal Corpse tour dates:
November 5 – Wilmington, NC - The Soapbox
November 6 – Spartanburg, SC - Ground Zero
November 7 – Birmingham, AL - Zydeco
November 8 – Memphis, TN - New Daisy Theater
November 9 – Nashville, TN - Exit In
November 10 – Lexington, KY - Buster’s
November 11 – East St. Louis, MO - Pop’s
November 12 – Des Moines, IA - People’s Court
November 13 – Grand Rapids, MI - Intersection
November 14 – Madison, WI - Annex
November 16 – Columbus, OH - Skully’s
November 17 – Williamsville, NY - Infinity
November 18 – Cleveland, OH - Peabody’s
November 19 – New York, NY - Santos Party House
November 20 – Philadelphia, PA - Trocadero
November 21 – Washington DC, - Rock & Roll Hotel
November 22 – Asheville, NC - The Orange Peel

http://www.metalunderground.com/news/details.cfm?newsid=58770

High on Fire, Torche, and Kylesa

9/29 San Francisco, CA @ Great American Music Hall
9/30 Pomona, CA @ Glasshouse
10/1 Flagstaff, AZ @ Orpheum Theatre
10/2 Albuquerque, NM @ The Launchpad
10/3 Denver, CO @ Bluebird Theater
10/5 Minneapolis, MN @ Varsity Theatre
10/6 Milwaukee, WI @ Turner Hall Ballroom
10/8 Rock Island, IL @ Rock Island Brewing Company
10/9 Urbana, IL Canopy Club
10/10 Chicago, IL @ Metro (Riot Festival)
10/11 Bloomington, IN @ Bluebird
10/13 Covington, KY @ Historic Southgate House
10/14 Detroit, MI @ Majestic Theatre
10/15 Cleveland, OH @ Grog Shop
10/16 Rochester, NY @ Water Street
10/17 Northampton, MA @ Pearl Street
10/19 Halifax, NS @ The Paragon Theatre (Halifax Pop Explosion)
10/21 Portland, ME @ Port City Music Hall
10/22 Providence, RI @ Club Hell
10/23 Boston, MA @ Middle East Downstairs
10/24 New York, NY @ Webster Hall
10/26 Philadelphia, PA @ Starlite Ballroom
10/27 Carrboro, NC @ Cat's Cradle

Mother fucking SLEEP: :drool::shock:
09/03 – Monticello, NY @ ATP New York
09/07 – Philadelphia, PA @ Starlight Ballroom
09/08 – New York, NY @ Brooklyn Masonic Temple *
09/09 – Chicago, IL @ Logan Square Auditorium *
09/10 – Austin, TX @ Mohawk %
09/11 – Portland, OR @ Musicfest NW
09/12 – San Francisco, CA @ Regency Ballroom

* = w/ Lichens
% = w/ Sub Oslo

During this tour, Sleep will play Holy Mountain in its entirety.

Damn, I wish there was an Ohio date :(

American Carnage (second leg) SLAYER, Megadeth, Anthrax (Clash of the Titans '91 sans Alice in Chains as the opener)

Sep. 24 - Verizon Wireless Theatre, Dallas, TX
Sep. 25 - AT&T Center, San Antonio, TX
Sep. 26 - Verizon Wireless Theatre, Houston, TX
Sep. 28 - Lakefront Arena, New Orleans, LA
Sep. 30 - Civic Coliseum, Knoxville, TN
Oct. 01 - The Arena at Gwinnett Center, Atlanta, GA
Oct. 02 - Hard Rock Live, Orlando, FL
Oct. 03 - Bayfront Park Amphitheatre, Miami, FL
Oct. 05 - Hampton Coliseum, Hampton, VA
Oct. 06 - 1st Mariner Arena, Baltimore, MD
Oct. 08 - Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum, Uniondale, Long Island, NY
Oct. 09 - Toyota Pavilion @ Montage Mountain, Scranton, PA
Oct. 10 - LC Pavilion, Columbus, OH
Oct. 12 - Freedom Hall, Louisville, KY
Oct. 14 - War Memorial Coliseum, Ft.Wayne, IN
Oct. 15 - DeltaPlex, Grand Rapids, MI
Oct. 16 - Eagles Ballroom, Milwaukee, WI
Oct. 19 - E Center, Salt Lake City, UT
Oct. 20 - The Pearl, Las Vegas, NV
Oct. 21 - Gibson Amphitheatre, Hollywood, CA

Anthrax with Belladonna, Megadeth will be playing RIP, and Slayer will be playing Seasons. :applause:

Last edited by a moderator:
Got tickets for Sleep on 9/7 at Starlight, High on Fire, Torche, and Kylesa on 10/26 at Starlight, and going to Nachtmystium, Zoroaster, Atlas Moth, and Dark Castle at Kungfu Necktie.

goddamn it's good to be out of the midwest.

[quote name='mykevermin']Got tickets for Sleep on 9/7 at Starlight, High on Fire, Torche, and Kylesa on 10/26 at Starlight, and going to Nachtmystium, Zoroaster, Atlas Moth, and Dark Castle at Kungfu Necktie.

goddamn it's good to be out of the midwest.[/QUOTE]

God dammit, I fucking love The Atlas Moth. Enjoy :cry:

Triptykon's debut came out quietly a couple of months back and I thought would Post about how awesome it is. Best metal album of the year so far, imo.

[quote name='Oktoberfest']I don't know if people find it too commercial or whatnot, but I really like the new Iron Maiden

can't wait to listen to the rest of the album![/QUOTE]

There are a few songs that sound like Dickinson's solo material, but are still good.
I'll be picking it up tomorrow for sure. Since I have the other 14 it's not a big surprise tho. :)

Final Frontier is pretty good very challenging stuff takes a couple listens to really shine, I would say as far as reunion material goes:

Brave New World > The Final Frontier > AMOLD > Dance of Death

Tracks I love - Mother of Mercy, Coming Home, Starblind, Isle of Avalon, The Alchemist, The Talisman, and When the Wild Wind Blows.

Not feeling yet - Eldorado, The Man Who Would Be King, Satellite.....The Final Frontier.
3.5/5

Autopsy's "The Tomb Within" EP is amazing. If you had told me it came out in between Severed Survival and Mental Funeral, I would believe you.

Death Angel's "Relentless Retribution" is pretty good and a firm step forward from Killing Season :whistle2:#

After giving a while to enjoy to the new Iron Maiden, I have to say I think it's ok but I have problems with Iron Maiden in general now. I mean I think the album is ok, but it seems nowadays Iron Maiden is trying to reach a new progressive metal element into their music and well they can't do it.

I am a big fan of bands progressive metal bands like Dream Theater, Symphony X, Shadow Gallery, Threshold to name a few and well when I listen to the new maiden style it seems like they wanna get into that territory with 8+ minutes songs on their last two albums but they just don't have the mind to do it and it falls very short of a mark that could of been great.

I will say I still love Iron Maiden to death and they are still probably my favorite metal band but overall I am not enjoying their new style much.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']After giving a while to enjoy to the new Iron Maiden, I have to say I think it's ok but I have problems with Iron Maiden in general now. I mean I think the album is ok, but it seems nowadays Iron Maiden is trying to reach a new progressive metal element into their music and well they can't do it.

I will say I still love Iron Maiden to death and they are still probably my favorite metal band but overall I am not enjoying their new style much.[/QUOTE]

Yeah... I thought the album was ok too. Its missing the speed of the earlier albums.

In-fucking-credibly pissed. Going to the Danzig BotB show tonight and was very excited...and just now found out Devin Townsend is playing about an hour away as well. Going to Danzig since the tickets were more expensive and I haven't seen Danzig in 4 years, but of all the fucking nights for Dev to play here, it has to be the SAME night? fuck.

Black Masses is not out in the US. So after comparing prices, I discovered that its cheaper on Amazon.com.uk then it is at amazon.com (usa). Even with the currency coversion and the shipping, its still a good 6 bucks cheaper. I ordered it from Amazon.com.uk and it accepted my regular login and password.

Kinda funny how that works out.

EDIT: I think its on sale on the UK site...that's why its cheaper. Sales do not last on Amazon though.

[quote name='mykevermin']^ It's been available on iTunes for a few weeks now.[/QUOTE]
I have a Zune. Besides...I wanted the CD anyways.

Thanks though.

[quote name='mykevermin']^ It's been available on iTunes for a few weeks now.[/QUOTE]

I heard there is a big difference in sound quality from the Mp3s and the CDs. I imagine it sounds best on vinyl though.

Black Masses is good.

Just discovered this came out a couple of months back, old school swedish dm done right.

INTERMENT-IntoTheCryptsOfBlasphemyCover2-low.jpg

The Crown's comeback album is pretty good so far, new vocalist fits in well.

The-Crown-Doomsday-King1.jpg

amorphis2010-magic_and_mayhem.jpg

New Amorphis is ok...it's sort of a cop out album (rerecording songs from the early-mid 90's with the current lineup) but the stuff they did from The Karelian Isthmus is an improvement. On the opposite end, I don't think anything they redid from Tales From The Thousand Lakes surpassed the original. The stuff from Elegy isn't really better or worse, just different.

I do like the current lineup, but I would have definitely just preferred a new album. Still worth a pickup if you're a fan though.

And what the fuck - I don't know how I missed Green Jello releasing a new album last year, but I somehow did. Still one of the best shows I've ever been to when they were touring back in 2008. Ordered it, should be getting it next week sometime.

Starting to formulate ideas for metal AOTY. So far I'm thinking:

Hayaino Daisuki - The Invisible Gate Mind Of The Infernal Fire Hell, Or Did You Mean Hawaii Daisuki?
Black September - Forbidden Gates Beyond
Bongripper - Satan Worshiping Doom
Deathspell Omega - Paracletus

Probably in that order too. Pretty damn good year though between those four.

bread's done
Back