Grammy nominated King Diamond screams "Metal Heads Unite!!"

[quote name='Oktoberfest']Abigail, don't you think I know what you've done, Abigail
ahhhh ahh ah ahhhhhh[/QUOTE]

Awesome! You have a lovely singing voice!

Had to bring this thread back to life. Anyway, I missed the Slayer show in D.C. because I had some make up exams that day(fucking snow days). I haven't been to a metal show since August, but then I saw that Cannibal Corpse is coming to Maryland in April. Never seen Cannibal Corpse live should be awesome, a few days later I saw that Celtic Frost is coming to Maryland in May. The fucked up thing is that Celtic Frost is opening for Type O Negative, what kind of shit is that, Celtic Frost are legends. Type O Negative should be opening for them! Oh well, atleast I can see Celtic Frost and then leave. How about you guys? Been to any shows lately?

No shows lately for me, but Dark Tranquillity/The Haunted/Into Eternity/Scar Symmetry is coming up soon. There is a California Metalfest coming up headlined by Testament night 1 and Necrophagist night 2 but I will skip on that. Also the almighty Finntroll will finally tour the whole US this fall and there is no way in hell I'm missing that.

[quote name='themoor666']No shows lately for me, but Dark Tranquillity/The Haunted/Into Eternity/Scar Symmetry is coming up soon. There is a California Metalfest coming up headlined by Testament night 1 and Necrophagist night 2 but I will skip on that. Also the almighty Finntroll will finally tour the whole US this fall and there is no way in hell I'm missing that.[/quote]

Oh holy shit I would love to see Dark Tranquillity, but the closest they're coming to here is about seven hours away.

[quote name='themoor666']No shows lately for me, but Dark Tranquillity/The Haunted/Into Eternity/Scar Symmetry is coming up soon. There is a California Metalfest coming up headlined by Testament night 1 and Necrophagist night 2 but I will skip on that. Also the almighty Finntroll will finally tour the whole US this fall and there is no way in hell I'm missing that.[/QUOTE]

I heard about that California Metalfest, Testament and Necrophagist are awesome, I think Sadus is also performing. There's going to be a Maryland Death Metalfest in May, but I'm still debating about whether I should go or not. Here's the bands list, last years billing was better...
http://www.supremebrutality.com/fest/

Tix to the Heaven and Hell, Megadeth, and Machine Head tour are on the way.......

Picked up Satyricon's "Now, Diabolic" but only dig the first two tracks, the rest I can't get into...which is disappointing...

I'm an old school thrash guy so for me to find some modern metal that doesn't immediately turn me off with growling or distorted vocals its a big deal....but.I was hoping for more out of the Satyricon disc :(
And I paid through the nose for it too :(

[quote name='HeadRusch']Tix to the Heaven and Hell, Megadeth, and Machine Head tour are on the way.......

Picked up Satyricon's "Now, Diabolic" but only dig the first two tracks, the rest I can't get into...which is disappointing...

I'm an old school thrash guy so for me to find some modern metal that doesn't immediately turn me off with growling or distorted vocals its a big deal....but.I was hoping for more out of the Satyricon disc :(
And I paid through the nose for it too :([/QUOTE]

I hear that man, I'm an old school thrash fan myself. I haven't been listening or buying any modern metal albums, just buying vinyls and hard to find albums from some old bands that I like. A friend of mine showed me this band Sanitarius, and they definitely have a great thrash influence for a modern metal band, check em' out. http://www.myspace.com/sanitarius

I'm interested in seeing Celtic Frost and Type O Negative when they come to Charlotte....I don't know much about CF, I've got one album and like it but never really got 'into' them....Only thing is, my wife is entirely *not* into that kind of music, and I don't know anyone else around here who is (who I know well enough to see a show with). I really wouldn't want to go by myself, but depends on how much I like the new Type O album, I might consider it (or, anyone here live near CHarlotte?)

My iPod's shuffle gave me King Diamond's "Them" today. good stuff.

i bet you're dying for a cup of tea....

I'm glad you guys are keeping this thread alive and well. I missed the High on Fire show last Saturday because I am working on another animated film for a contest. The contest due on March 26 and that's why I'm busting my ass on it now. I'm really bumned that I missed the show but I had to put the time in into this project (I'm taking a break now...).

I heard Testament is going back to the studio in April. I say...its about fucking time!

I haven't been keeping up - so Testament is still playing? I thought they were done after Chuck's scare.

dtcarson - I dig the new Type O also...they're my favorite band though so I'm not an unbiased source. It's not their best but it's cool to hear them seemingly go back to some more Carnivore-style stuff in a few places.

Noooo, Type O Negative should not be opening for Celtic Frost. Jeez. I respect the "legends" but I can't imagine how bad of an idea that would be.

Would still like to see CF, but I'm shit out of luck because they aren't playing at the Detroit Type O show.

[quote name='KaneRobot']
Noooo, Type O Negative should not be opening for Celtic Frost. Jeez.[/QUOTE]

Could never get into Type O Negative, it just seems strange that Celtic Frost is opening.

God damn Celtic Frost put on one of the BEST live shows ever. I wish I could go to Maryland Death Fest. fucking show has Flagitious Idiosyncracy In The Dilapidation AND fucking SKITSYSTEM. I'd kill to see Skitsystem.

Although, I have no idea why they're at a death/grind fest. They're crust.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']God damn Celtic Frost put on one of the BEST live shows ever. I wish I could go to Maryland Death Fest. fucking show has Flagitious Idiosyncracy In The Dilapidation AND fucking SKITSYSTEM. I'd kill to see Skitsystem.

Although, I have no idea why they're at a death/grind fest. They're crust.[/quote]

No offense Sneaky...but forget about genre labels...if it sounds good to you, then its good...

[quote name='KaneRobot']I haven't been keeping up - so Testament is still playing? I thought they were done after Chuck's scare.

[/quote]

Testament is reformed with the original lineup (only the original drummer is unable to preform due to medical reasons). They are going back into the studio after a long hiatus.

Alex Skolnick motherfucker!!! That's the man!

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']No offense Sneaky...but forget about genre labels...if it sounds good to you, then its good...[/quote]

I have no problem with labels, and in fact, I subscribe to the same philosophy. I was merely commenting on how it was odd that a non metal band is playing at a metal festival. It'd be like Modest Mouse playing a hardcore show.

Yes, I also know punk birthed metal.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']God damn Celtic Frost put on one of the BEST live shows ever. I wish I could go to Maryland Death Fest. fucking show has Flagitious Idiosyncracy In The Dilapidation AND fucking SKITSYSTEM. I'd kill to see Skitsystem.

Although, I have no idea why they're at a death/grind fest. They're crust.[/QUOTE]

I wonder what the setlist is for the Celtic Frost show. Any idea what it was when they were in the states last time?

Ok so you more up-to-date metalheads must know this, as I'm FFWDing through Headbangers Ball last weekend I see ads for some band.......looked like GWAR, and now the name escapes me.....I was like "holy shit please tell me its not a GWAR-ish band thats trying to take themselves seriously". Nothing is worse than metal that takes itself seriously, nothing.

PS: WTF do you call the style of music that Mushroomhead makes.....you know, dudes in makeup and masks like Slipknot....because I'd like to hate it properly, with its proper genere name :)

[quote name='HeadRusch']Ok so you more up-to-date metalheads must know this, as I'm FFWDing through Headbangers Ball last weekend I see ads for some band.......looked like GWAR, and now the name escapes me.....I was like "holy shit please tell me its not a GWAR-ish band thats trying to take themselves seriously". Nothing is worse than metal that takes itself seriously, nothing.

PS: WTF do you call the style of music that Mushroomhead makes.....you know, dudes in makeup and masks like Slipknot....because I'd like to hate it properly, with its proper genere name :)[/quote]

You probably saw Lordi, who are a shitty rip off of GWAR.

Mushroomhead is like a more rock based nu-metal.

Also, I have no idea what the setlist was. All I know was, it was fuckING AWESOME.

[quote name='Xevious']Testament is reformed with the original lineup (only the original drummer is unable to preform due to medical reasons). They are going back into the studio after a long hiatus.

Alex Skolnick motherfucker!!! That's the man![/QUOTE]
This is my most anticipated album in quite a long time. I just wish their tour would take them through Chicago. I think they've played everywhere else. I haven't seen them since Skolnick left, but I'd like to again.

[quote name='HeadRusch']Ok so you more up-to-date metalheads must know this, as I'm FFWDing through Headbangers Ball last weekend I see ads for some band.......looked like GWAR, and now the name escapes me.....I was like "holy shit please tell me its not a GWAR-ish band thats trying to take themselves seriously". Nothing is worse than metal that takes itself seriously, nothing.

PS: WTF do you call the style of music that Mushroomhead makes.....you know, dudes in makeup and masks like Slipknot....because I'd like to hate it properly, with its proper genere name :)[/QUOTE]

Shitty mallcore?

[quote name='MorbidAngel4Life']Damnit you people got me listening to GWAR again :lol:[/QUOTE]

GWAR was the last band I saw live back in August, awesome show. I'll have to upload a picture of the white t-shirt I wore to the show, which is totally drenched in fake blood. The show was on a really hot day in August at the Sonar and their A/C was broken, but the fake blood that GWAR shot out at us cooled us off haha.
sonar_08-20-06_015-1.jpg

Good times.

[quote name='QuiteBitterBeing']If it wasn't for their great shows, GWAR wouldn't be in existence.[/quote]

I have to agree. I never thought much of their music. I had a roomate who was a groupie type, she slept with one of the member of Gwar. I thought that was kinda weird especially since they all wear masks.

dimmu borgir is coming around the states soon with kataklysm. wooo

North American tourdates:
(w/ KATAKLYSM, DEVILDRIVER, UNEARTH)
04/20/07 CLEVELAND, OH - Agora
04/21/07 DETROIT, MI - Harpo´s
04/22/07 TORONTO, ON - Kool Haus
04/23/07 MONTREAL, QC - Metropolis
04/24/07 QUEBEC CITY, QC - Theatre Capitole
04/26/07 NEW YORK, NY - Nokia Theatre
04/27/07 WORCESTER, MA - Palladium
04/28/07 PHILADELPHIA, PA - Electric Factory
04/29/07 BALTIMORE, MD - Sonar
04/30/07 CHARLOTTE, NC - Amos Southend
05/02/07 CHICAGO, IL - House Of Blues
05/04/07 MINNEAPOLIS, MN - Myth
05/05/07 WINNIPEG, MB - Burton Cummings
05/07/07 CALGARY, AB - MacEwan Hall Ballroom
05/08/07 EDMONTON, AB - Edmonton Events Centre
05/10/07 SEATTLE, WA - The Fenix
05/11/07 VANCOUVER - Commodore Ballroom
05/12/07 PORTLAND, OR - Roseland Theatre
05/13/07 SAN FRANCISCO, CA - The Warfield
05/15/07 SALT LAKE CITY, UT - Salt Air Pavilion
05/16/07 LAS VEGAS, NV - House Of Blues
05/17/07 LOS ANGELES, CA - Wiltern Theatre
05/18/07 TEMPE, AZ - Marquee Theatre
05/19/07 SAN DIEGO, CA - Soma
05/21/07 DENVER, CO - Fillmore
05/22/07 KANSAS CITY, MO - The Beaumont Club
05/23/07 SAUGET, IL - Pop´s
05/25/07 DALLAS, TX - House Of Blues
05/26/07 HOUSTON, TX - Verizon Wireless
05/27/07 SAN ANTONIO, TX - Graham Central Station
05/29/07 ATLANTA, GA - Tabernade
05/30/07 LAKE BUENA VISTA, FL - House Of Blues

Let's post some old metal music videos, new ones too if you want.
[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3IE8D4fw0o[/MEDIA]
Evil Dead - Annihilation of Civilization

[quote name='QuiteBitterBeing']If it wasn't for their great shows, GWAR wouldn't be in existence.[/QUOTE]

This is true, but honestly, I love the hell out of their music. My friends can't understand why I've bought all of their albums.

Man, I wish Manowar would cut their albums in half before releasing them. Their last 2 would be really kick-ass if it wasn't for all the extra fluff.

Eh Manowar is just kind of goofy. Now for another classic video.
[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euHMldrw4fw[/MEDIA]
Death - Lack of comprehension

Now when I hear Suicidal Tendencies, that makes me want to go and find my old Mark Rogowski Vision board and go skate.

fuck yea, Death and Suicidal Tendencies.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VBdAY8eA9w[/MEDIA]

This thread is complete, now that Immortal has blessed it.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgUl2KA95vY[/MEDIA]
Slayer - Seasons in the Abyss...let the headbanging commence when the video gets to 1:45 and 4:04

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']

This thread is complete, now that Immortal has blessed it.[/QUOTE]

That video looked like some hardcore Live Action Role Playing. :p

Not sure how many of you guys feel about Hatebreed, but I've just started getting into them. Starting to get into more hardcore punk (old skool mostly), and just now starting to like the blend of hardcore punk and metal they do...

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']Not sure how many of you guys feel about Hatebreed, but I've just started getting into them. Starting to get into more hardcore punk (old skool mostly), and just now starting to like the blend of hardcore punk and metal they do...[/QUOTE]

Get a copy of "Satisfaction is the Death of Desire" and forget they recorded anything else.

Instead, buy a buncha old school hardcore: Gorilla Biscuits, Youth of Today, Slapshot, Earth Crisis (I'm sure you'll like them), SSD, Negative FX, Judge, Bold...I could go on for ages.

Ewww, Hatebreed. I can't stand Jamey Jasta for some reason.

And how do you mention hardcore without some of the big ones? Like Bad Brains, Minor Threat and Black Flag?

Also, if you start liking hardcore, check out crust. It's way superior*

*Note: I am incredibly biased on this one.

HateBreed I think of more Metal than Punk......I mean, they sound more like BioHazard to me (metal) than, like, Minor Threat (punk)....

Minor Threat, Murphys Law, Sick Of It All......Holy shit I'm pretty sure I saw SlapShot twice, I swear their lead singer sounded he was Fozzy Bear :D

Check out Electric Frankenstein's "How To Build a Monster", I think every track on that disc is a killer, an absolute rarity for me...if I get one of those every 5 years I consider myself lucky....its gettin a little old now but its definately the shit, IMHO of course.

[quote name='Vampire Hunter D']Tools new album is comin in May. And Rob Zombies new one is supposed to come out in the end of this month. I know those two arent 100% metal but id say it s enough to let them in the club. Oh and SLAYERS new album. With Dave back and shit. And i think i read that Rick Ruben is producing Metallicas new album. I dont fuckin care what anyone says they are the best band eva. They may have strayed off the metal route but their music is still amazing.[/quote]

Im lost why did u mention TOOL in a metal thread? They r the worst band ever.

[quote name='mykevermin']Get a copy of "Satisfaction is the Death of Desire" and forget they recorded anything else.

Instead, buy a buncha old school hardcore: Gorilla Biscuits, Youth of Today, Slapshot, Earth Crisis (I'm sure you'll like them), SSD, Negative FX, Judge, Bold...I could go on for ages.[/quote]
I'll definatly see what I can find by them. I've been listening to Sham 69 and The Exploited all day. Starting to dig into what I have of the Descendents. And have been starting to really get into Dead Kennedys for a while. And I've all ways seen your mentioning of bands myke, I trust your suggetions

As for the suggestion of crust punk, I've heard of it, but I don't know of any artists...

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']As for the suggestion of crust punk, I've heard of it, but I don't know of any artists...[/quote]

Well my friend, are you in LUCK.

And since this is a metal thread, not a punk/hardcore thread, I'll say this. Everyone should check out Ritual Carnage. Awesome japanese death/thrash, really melodic sound too. Great shit.

bread's done
Back