Grand Theft Auto 5 $14.98 + Tax Sam's Club YMMV B&M

Ding ding ding. If you know the price is wrong, and you purchase the game, what is that called exactly? I don't mind if people do it.. Hell, I've done my fair share. But to call it anything other than a "scam" or "scamming" is ridiculous..
How would you know it's a glitch from a clearance item or a manager discount? Usually people don't know until they check w/ the store which why would they. When I see a good price, I'm getting it now, not wondering if it's a glitch.

Scam means fraud. How is anyone committing fraud from buying something legitimately. I go in the store, buy something with cash and walk out with a product. How is that fraud? And fraud means criminal deception, which no criminal act is being committed.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you've taken part of any deal where there is a "glitch", you're scamming. Preorder cards, price errors, etc, it's all the same..
Just because "you left copies for other people/CAGs" doesn't change the fact that you're flipping games from one company to another..
Agreed. Just report threads like this, especially ones that advocate flipping and post trade values for stores.

How would you know it's a glitch from a clearance item or a manager discount? Usually people don't know until they check w/ the store which why would they. When I see a good price, I'm getting it now, not wondering if it's a glitch.

Scam means fraud. How is anyone committing fraud from buying something legitimately. I go in the store, buy something with cash and walk out with a product. How is that fraud? And fraud means criminal deception, which no criminal act is being committed.
I think you should consider the many definitions of scam and not the one that suits your argument or justifies actions..

there is no glitch here, Walmart ordered thousands and thousands of extra copies of GTA5 and they have been sitting collecting dust in shelves.  Sams Club presumably is the same, at the one by me when the cashier took out my 4 copies there were still 100+ xbox 360 copies left.  They want to get rid of them all before the PS4/Xbox One remasters come out and devalue these even more.  

Dunno why frankly they just don't return them but maybe they have a deal with Rockstar or something.  If someone's local Walmart allows them to trade in 50 copies more power to them, I seriously doubt most people would be successful trying that.

Sam's Club on Beach Blvd in Stanton, CA had 1 card for the xbox360 version.  Not being entirely trusting of Sam's Club's ability to have the merch cards accurately reflect inventory I checked in the cage and there were over a dozen PS3 copies.  I only picked up 2 so if you live in the area and are looking to get in on this deal head over there!

Also, stopped by Walmart in Westminster and found out the hard way that not all stores do trade-ins.  

PS- Just wanted to say thanks for all of the hard work you guys do to spread the word about deals.  I've saved a lot of money over the years thanks to you.  

I did an in-store price check scan on a few other games.

The ones worth mentioning from what I remember off the top of my head are:

$19.98 - (360) Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
$29.98 - (PS4/XB1) Watch Dogs (360 version was the full $59.98. So I'm guessing PS3 is also $59.98.)

Neither are as quite good as the GTA V deal, but still not bad.

Sam's Club on Beach Blvd in Stanton, CA had 1 card for the xbox360 version. Not being entirely trusting of Sam's Club's ability to have the merch cards accurately reflect inventory I checked in the cage and there were over a dozen PS3 copies. I only picked up 2 so if you live in the area and are looking to get in on this deal head over there!
Cage? What do you mean? Where is that? I just went to my local Sams club and they didn't have any GTA cards where the video game section was, it was a small section, smaller than I thought it was, is it like that at every sams club?

Mine had about 20 copies of each when I got there. Grabbed 2 of each and ran over to the Wal Mart next door to trade them in. They informed me that this store had stopped taking trade ins... I called the next closest one and they said they were still doing them so I drove over there, but its a 20 minute drive each way. Traded them in, after $5.00 down on Destiny I had $149.88 left or something like that. Drove back to Sams to try and grab more using that but someone had cleaned them out...

Too bad, I was going to grab 5 more of each and leave the rest. Didn't need them all, just wanted enough to get a PS4. Think instead now I'm going to use the money I did get and put in a bit more to get a Vita...

Edit: At least I think I'll get a Vita when Wal Mart gets some... no stock seemingly anywhere...

Cage? What do you mean? Where is that? I just went to my local Sams club and they didn't have any GTA cards where the video game section was, it was a small section, smaller than I thought it was, is it like that at every sams club?
Over by the registers there was a cage where they keep games and other electronics under lock and key. I peeked in there and saw a big ol' stack of GTA5 PS3s.

Mine had about 20 copies of each when I got there. Grabbed 2 of each and ran over to the Wal Mart next door to trade them in. They informed me that this store had stopped taking trade ins... I called the next closest one and they said they were still doing them so I drove over there, but its a 20 minute drive each way. Traded them in, after $5.00 down on Destiny I had $149.88 left or something like that. Drove back to Sams to try and grab more using that but someone had cleaned them out...

Too bad, I was going to grab 5 more of each and leave the rest. Didn't need them all, just wanted enough to get a PS4. Think instead now I'm going to use the money I did get and put in a bit more to get a Vita...

Edit: At least I think I'll get a Vita when Wal Mart gets some... no stock seemingly anywhere...
I heard the limit for trade in is 2 per transaction, with this Madden/Destiny bonus do you need to buy a preorder for each time you trade in?

Say I have 10 games to trade in, am I going to have to do 5 transactions for example?

Thanks OP! Stopped by before work and the local Sam's Club had them @ $14.98. I bought one copy to play (PS3 version). Glad I got one before the flippers/resellers go to them. 

A cheap copy of GTA V was the top of my Black Friday wish list. One less thing to look for on BF. Thanks again!

Over by the registers there was a cage where they keep games and other electronics under lock and key. I peeked in there and saw a big ol' stack of GTA5 PS3s.
Damn I knew there was somewhere else I should have checked or I should've at least asked someone :/ o well I’ll try again tomorrow, thanks.

I decided to run back over this morning and grab two more.  They had the cards out on display, but when I went to check out, they said there were no more in the cage.  $50 says they are at the gamer reseller shop down the street (and my main Goodwill video game competition)

Sounds like they're clearing shop to make room for the next-gen versions. Very good deal for those lucky enough to have a Sam's nearby. 

My Sams club actually had a deal for once shocking. going to flip them at gs tomorrow for more psn and eshop credit. I could get more elsewhere but  walmart by me is the worst trash of all time and bestbuy is a 40 minute drive

My local Sam's Club (Fresno CA) had sales signs for both versions, but only cards out for the PS3 version.  I wound up buying 2 copies (one to trade and one to play for now).  They also had Watch Dogs for both :ps4: & :xb1: for $29.99.

While tempted, I'm going to hold out for a cheaper price on Watch Dogs (and also see if my PC rig can run the game good enough to be equal in quality to the current gen versions)

FYI for California residents, you do not have to pay the additional 10% with the day pass (if the extra 10% was holding you off on buying this ;)

For Watch Dogs, you're better off getting it on consoles. Even on a great rig the game runs poorly. It is badly optimized. Not unplayable but the PS4 and Xbox One versions are smoother.

Was at my local Sam's tonight and the shelf sticker is still showing the $54.99 price.

I take ALL of the 4 tickets up to the register and it indeed rings up at $14.98.

They give me a story that I am taking the very last one and the remaining tickets I hold are for stock that they don't have.  "Tickets don't always match what we have in inventroy."

I have them check 2 other stores and they tell me they show 3 copies in stock.  They call and hold on the phone for a few minutes and come back.  "No we are now SOLD OUT of all of them."

3 in stock -- but then, "No we are now SOLD OUT of all of them."  That occurred in calls to 2 separate locations.

:nottalking:

But I did get my ONE copy for myself!

Employees quickly buying them up since it was still showing $54.99 on the shelf but ringing up $14.98 at the registers? 

Who? Spent barely $500 and he brought all the current gen consoles and that isn't impressive. You're really salty and just saying that proves it.

As for making a profit, he made $2k. That is amazing for spending only 1/4th of that. As for people missing out on it, better luck next time. I don't buy out stores though I resell (which provides more money than any job I'd ever had) but I don't hate on others for doing it. It's all about timing and whether you have the revenue and ambition to make / spend more money.

You can choose to be mad at the person buying a store out or at a bunch of people getting the deal before you. Either way, you were slow and lacked funds. That's no one's fault but your own.
You are just as bad if not worse...U seem to be just here for flipping info. Also it is bought and not brought!!!!!! Do you know how ignorant you sound every time you write brought when describing a purchase you made (which of course is just for resale/flip)???????

I don't get how anyone can defend clearing out a store like that. People like that are the reason that deals get ruined for everyone else. If you do it, whatever, but don't come and brag about it and expect everyone to he impressed.

You are just as bad if not worse...U seem to be just here for flipping info. Also it is bought and not brought!!!!!! Do you know how ignorant you sound every time you write brought when describing a purchase you made (which of course is just for resale/flip)???????
Yeah yeah yeah. I flip and get games for myself. About to buy a Wii U tomorrow for $130 for myself after combining deals and trades. Do I feel bad, no. I did not buy out stock, made enough money to buy several consoles (but using it as savings) and getting a cheap WiiU (deals on deals).

I've been on CAG for years now. I get many deals and thank the community for the info. No shame. Also. Brought. Feels good saying it the way everyone around me says it. No fuck given.

Was going on at my closest Sam's Club. Got one PS3 and one 360. Traded in the PS3 to Walmart to recoup the credit and holding on to the 360 copy to tide me over until the :xb1: version hits.
Where'd you go, sir?

Man this thing is always on sale somewhere lol. Did anyone actually ever pay full price for it like me? If you did I assume you got it at launch as it seems that's the only time it was ever full retail with the sales that have followed it since.

Man this thing is always on sale somewhere lol. Did anyone actually ever pay full price for it like me? If you did I assume you got it at launch as it seems that's the only time it was ever full retail with the sales that have followed it since.
I got mine used at Gamestop like 2 days after launch and used PUR and BD coupon and walked out with it for ~$40.

Yeah, I grabbed it at launch and don't regret the $60 I paid. Granted, I received $45 for it when Target did their 100% bonus trade and I was just going to wait for the PS4 version. I figure for $15 it's worth it just to continue the storyline.

Grabbed 3 and traded in 2 over at BBY to recoup the cost for all 3 and kept one to hold just in case there's like a TLOU promo whem the remastered version comes out since I traded my 1st copy at Target.

Thanks OP!

Found more PS3 copies at another sams club, traded in a ps3 and 360 version into Best Buy for $27 each base TIV (no promos other than GCU 10%).  My Sams Club also had a titanfall xbox one controller out that scanned at $50 but decided to pass, since it doesn't work wirelessly with a PC - it does work wired though.

What a pain, I go to my local sam's club and it starts pouring down rain. I get inside and they have a bunch of cardboard cards for purchasing the stuff in the cage so I grab one for each console and take it up to the register. I hand the guy two twenties and get my change. After a bunch of searching by the staff, it turns out they have none, they say they'll have to give me a refund. I hand the returns lady my receipt and the change I got from the clerk so I can get my two twenties back. She was having trouble figuring out the amount (even though it should of had on the receipt the amount for the items, the amount I paid, and how much i had in change which would have told her the correct amount) Initially, she tried telling me I would be getting two tens back. When I corrected her, she double checked and realized her mistake. she had me sign the first incorrect return receipt to process a second, correct one. She was really nice and we all make mistakes but the whole thing was a frustrating waste of time and gas but that's how these deals go I guess. Hopefully I'll have better luck on the next deal.

Edit: Oops, forgot to mention she did give me the correct amount of money after the second receipt she had me sign.

What a pain, I go to my local sam's club and it starts pouring down rain. I get inside and they have a bunch of cardboard cards for purchasing the stuff in the cage so I grab one for each console and take it up to the register. I hand the guy two twenties and get my change. After a bunch of searching by the staff, it turns out they have none, they say they'll have to give me a refund. I hand the returns lady my receipt and the change I got from the clerk so I can get my two twenties back. She was having trouble figuring out the amount (even though it should of had on the receipt the amount for the items, the amount I paid, and how much i had in change which would have told her the correct amount) Initially, she tried telling me I would be getting two tens back. When I corrected her, she double checked and realized her mistake. she had me sign the first incorrect return receipt to process a second, correct one. She was really nice and we all make mistakes but the whole thing was a frustrating waste of time and gas but that's how these deals go I guess. Hopefully I'll have better luck on the next deal.
That cashier messed up. They are supposed to get one of the supervisors in the green vests to go grab the items from the cage before even ringing you up.

I did self checkout for mine but at my store they always get them after ringing you up.
Odd. I did self checkout at mine the first time and before I could scan my membership card, the lady swooped over and said she had to have them pulled first, to make sure they are in-stock. Second time I went through the regular checkout and the cashier took the cards over to a green vest before starting the transaction.

Grabbed 4 360 games and traded them at 2 different Walmarts. First was super quick. Manager knew what was going on, but would only let me do 1 transaction..

The second one was also fast but they didn't know how to do the 50% bonus so they're giving me 50% off the game once it releases. A little better than the bonus.. Good day..

That cashier messed up. They are supposed to get one of the supervisors in the green vests to go grab the items from the cage before even ringing you up.
When I get games at sams I pay. they call some one they bring to the register where you are supposed to wait

bread's done
Back