Grand Theft Auto 5 $14.98 + Tax Sam's Club YMMV B&M

How long does the 50 percent extra trade in last at Walmart last? Should I open the copies?

Last edited by a moderator:
I grabbed 8 at one location today, and the cashier was like "what could you possibly need 8 of these for" I'm like ehh probably to sell on craigslist, give to friends, etc. So she had to make a point to tell the manager that I was reselling them, and the manager basically just said she doesn't give a shit what I do with them as long as I pay for them lol. That was kind of a dick move on the cashiers part though. But all in all I walked away with a good haul and there's still a ton left, so I might have to hit it up again tomorrow. Thanks OP, and everyone who contributed to the thread so far!

How long does the 50 percent extra trade in last at Walmart? Should I open the copies?
Saturday is the last day, I usually wait until I'm in front of the store in case the values drop etc

I wasn't able to make it to Sam's last night. Went a little while ago. 3 Cards on the rack for ps3 but when I went to CS and they setup my 1 day pass. They then figured out they were out of stock. Oh well you snooze you lose.

If anyone lives in Arizona, there were about 20 PS3 copies left for $14.97 at the Sam's Club on Raintree and 101.  That Wal-mart right next door doesn't do trade-ins though.

WARNING it is harder to trade in GTA 5 due to every WALMART i go to have massive stack of GTA5 and are hesitating to take addition GTA 5. i made over $600 i am done... good luck to everyone.

Traded in 4. They only allowed me to trade 2, but I had a family member with me. I still have one I need to trade in. I definitely plan on hitting up another Sam's Club. LOL

FYI. You can buy from Sam's Club, trade into Wal-mart, use egift card from Wal-mart at Sam's Club to buy more....
That's exactly what I am doing. :) Thanks.

Wal-mart has Pre-owned copies of GTA V for $2 more than the new copies.  $39.32 vs. $37.33

New copies available immediately with site-to-store shipping (FREE) while Pre-owned available in a week.  :whistle2:k

2 of the same game of the same system per transaction. Other than that, there is no limit on the number of games on 1 trade in.
I'm not sure this is true. I just tried to trade in my three copies, and was told I couldn't trade in more than two. So I submitted the trade, then initiated a new one for the remaining copy only to be told that I've reached my limit for trading in the same title in a 30-day period.

Is this different in-store? I'll gladly swing by my local Walmart this afternoon if that's the case.

I'm not sure this is true. I just tried to trade in my three copies, and was told I couldn't trade in more than two. So I submitted the trade, then initiated a new one for the remaining copy only to be told that I've reached my limit for trading in the same title in a 30-day period.

Is this different in-store? I'll gladly swing by my local Walmart this afternoon if that's the case.
That is a lie. I traded in 4 copies of GTA5 (2 PS3, 2 360) yesterday (at Walmart). But different states might have different policies.

Alright which one of y'all bought all 66 of the copies at my local club. NO LIE. Was told someone just bought all 66 copies before I got there.

Alright which one of y'all bought all 66 of the copies at my local club. NO LIE. Was told someone just bought all 66 copies before I got there.
That person is going to have a hell of a time trading them in. Hopefully it was a roughly equal mix of PS3/360 to make it easier.

Which club? What area? That is ridiculous and now you know why retailers limit quantities!

At some point, you need to ask yourself, "what am I doing with my life?" Whoever bought 66 copies went way past that.

Someone bought 100+ in Arizona. Every story associate told me the same thing: "We were cleaned out of about 20-30 yesterday by some guy"....

Ahahha it goes for 20 to 25 new on Ebay so after fees and all you may make 5 dollars per copy.

That's what happens when you saturate the market all at once derpppppp.

It was Sams Club in calumet city Illinois. As a friend works there I can vouge there were 66 copies on Wednesday. All 360 versions. They also told me the man that bought them admitted he was going to return them to Targets for store credit to fund his kids Xmas.

It was Sams Club in calumet city Illinois. As a friend works there I can vouge there were 66 copies on Wednesday. All 360 versions. They also told me the man that bought them admitted he was going to return them to Targets for store credit to fund his kids Xmas.
lol Target will blacklist you for 6 mmonths I believe if you return up to three items without a recipt.

Sounds like this guy kids is going to have a great Christmas.

It sounds like you are pretty upset. I'm curious how many you were gonna pick up?

I'm confuzzled.  Is the 50% trade in bonus over?  Someone on here stated it ended yesterday and the someone else said it ends today.  Also, I still see the ad for it on their trade in page.  Could someone please clarify? :)

I'm confuzzled. Is the 50% trade in bonus over? Someone on here stated it ended yesterday and the someone else said it ends today. Also, I still see the ad for it on their trade in page. Could someone please clarify? :)
Depends on which store.

Bestbuy's 50% promo ended last Saturday, starts up again tomorrow.

Gamestop's 50% promo ended on the 31st

Walmart's 50% promo still works today but may last longer (like madden did).

Gamestop may have another 50% promo, I haven't kept up but I doubt it.

Depends on which store.

Bestbuy's 50% promo ended last Saturday, starts up again tomorrow.

Gamestop's 50% promo ended on the 31st

Walmart's 50% promo still works today but may last longer (like madden did).

Gamestop may have another 50% promo, I haven't kept up but I doubt it.
Thanks for the reply Worseley! I hope Walmart's 50% is still going on. x3

It sounds like you are pretty upset. I'm curious how many you were gonna pick up?
2. I just wanted madden for 30. I mainly PC game now only time my console gets used is for some friendly sports competition. Be it The Show or Madden.

I was more amused really that one person would buy 66.

How can you find out if your local Wal-Mart does innstoee trade ins? Went to one customer service said yes, electronics said no.

Sure I'll ask the lady at electronics for the number to customer service while I'm here....lol
Look on the website. Sorry i don't have a link for you, I'm on mobile, but if you go to the walmart trade in page there should be a "find a store near you" link. It took me a bit to find it at first, but it's on there. And yeah, of all the ones I've been to, some do it at electronics and others have it at customer service.

A little off topic, but on the subject of game trades, people give GameStop crap all the time, but at least its typically easy and pain free. You walk in, talk to the worker, trade your games in, and leave. Every other retailer seems to be a major headache. Why can't every electronics section do trade ins, or every customer service desk do it? I shouldn't have to walk all around the store to figure it out. Then theres the problem of waiting in line because the employees are trying to help grandma with her cell phone for 6 hours, or some sketch ball taking an hour fighting with customer service reps because they won't take their old dirty merchandise without a receipt. And lets not forget to mention how half of the employees don't even know how to use the system and aren't familiar with the promotions that are going on. If Walmart or any other retailer wants to succeed in the used game business, they have to do better IMO.

If you read his previous post.. he got two different answers in store. Nice job taking time to know the whole story before calling someone a loser.
I did read the post, my dude. He said he "went" there. The word, "went", is past tense.. Meaning he's not there anymore.

Still dozens upon dozens of GTA games in my area.   I actually traded in my 2 copies last week at BB when the TIV was $43 each.   Bought them back today knowing they'll be worth more then just $15.

As soon as I walked in the store I just went to CS dept and asked them to check if they're in stock figuring things would be cleared out.   Had the inventory of every store in the area and saw several had 40-60+ of each version in stock with only a couple stores with under 15 copies.

I guess it's a Feast/Famine thing on this.   When he was done I just went to Electronics and saw at least 80 copies on the shelf in this one store alone.

bread's done
Back