Grand Theft Auto 5 $14.98 + Tax Sam's Club YMMV B&M

Still dozens upon dozens of GTA games in my area. I actually traded in my 2 copies last week at BB when the TIV was $43 each. Bought them back today knowing they'll be worth more then just $15.

As soon as I walked in the store I just went to CS dept and asked them to check if they're in stock figuring things would be cleared out. Had the inventory of every store in the area and saw several had 40-60+ of each version in stock with only a couple stores with under 15 copies.

I guess it's a Feast/Famine thing on this. When he was done I just went to Electronics and saw at least 80 copies on the shelf in this one store alone.
Copies on the shelf in electronics? At a Sam's Club? All the Sam's I've been to keep the games in a cage up front and have cardboard or plastic placeholders that don't bear any correlation to the amount of stock on hand.

Copies on the shelf in electronics? At a Sam's Club? All the Sam's I've been to keep the games in a cage up front and have cardboard or plastic placeholders that don't bear any correlation to the amount of stock on hand.

Yeah, 2 others in the area I've been to do this but this one keeps all hardware in the cage and software on the shelf.

80 copies!!??!! Wth Sams??!! Why would any store need that many copies and then have such a high TIV at their retail store and a low wholesale store price???

80 copies!!??!! Wth Sams??!! Why would any store need that many copies and then have such a high TIV at their retail store and a low wholesale store price???
tbh I think this store had over 100 copies total when you combined the PS3/360 copies. I know most stores had more then any store would really sell.

PLUS they had every copy listed for $30 or $55 each. No where did it say $15.

I picked up a couple of GTA V's...they had a LOT of copies (emphasis in a LOT) lol but I don't know how I feel about turning cash into Best Buy credit at the moment (maybe tomorrow's 50% extra trade in will make up my mind)

Well, I'm done. The two Sam's Clubs in my area were cleared out. I had an employee that was nice enough to call another Sam's (over 50 miles away) for me, since it showed they had over 60 copies; they were apparently cleaned out too. Either that employee was lying, their was a glitch in the system, or the system hadn't updated yet.

Overall, I bought 15 copies, traded in 13, and gave two copies to a couple of Wal-Mart employees that helped with the trades. I guess you could say I'm pretty happy. This is right up there with Target's $1 Tomb Raider and  Wal-Mart Ninokuni trade in deal. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I'm done. The two Sam's Clubs in my area were cleared out. I had an employee that was nice enough to call another Sam's (over 50 miles away) for me, since it showed they had over 60 copies; they were apparently cleaned out too. Either that employee was lying, their was a glitch in the system, or the system hadn't updated yet.

Overall, I bought 15 copies, traded in 13, and gave two copies to a couple of Wal-Mart employees that helped with the trades. I guess you could say I'm pretty happy. This is right up there with Target's $1 Tomb Raider and Wal-Mart Ninokuni trade in deal. LOL
How much did you get back after trade ins?

Walmart trades in around $42 each in store.   So he'd have gotten around $546, paying around $200 out of pocket (if cash).

Walmart trades in around $42 each in store. So he'd have gotten around $546, paying around $200 out of pocket (if cash).
Thanks for the reply. Went to WalMart today with a destiny preorder in hand and said that GTAV is only worth $27.xx in value. They didn't have a single ad/flyer in store.

Hopefully this ad runs another couple days. I'm new to being a CAG and usually pay full price for everything for my kids.

Thanks for the reply. Went to WalMart today with a destiny preorder in hand and said that GTAV is only worth $27.xx in value. They didn't have a single ad/flyer in store.

Hopefully this ad runs another couple days. I'm new to being a CAG and usually pay full price for everything for my kids.

It's only $27 normally, it bumps to $42 after the 50% TIV bonus. You don't need a flyer, when they sign in to trade a game it'll prompt them if the Destiny/Madden promo was used. They hit yes, enter the UPC from the receipt (sometimes minus the 0 in front of it) and it'll apply the 50% bonus.

There's also the option to trade in online. There is a little trick with this though.

To get the 50% bonus online you must preorder it online (pay in full). There is a trick to not having to pre-order. The trick here is (and I got this from a friend in NM)

Go to the Trade in section, you'll see the Madden 15 TIV promo ad come up, select the ad when it shows up in the revolving ads.

When you click it it'll ask if you pre-ordered Madden, Destiny or Neither.

Select Destiny, click continue

It'll prompt for your order # for Destiny

Instead simply go back to the previous page with the 3 previous options (Madden, Destiny, Neither).

Select Neither, click continue

You'll get the TIV promo on your trade in's without entering actual proof of pre-order.

last I checked you got $35.xx per copy (not the full $42 in store).

Limit trade-in's to 2 copies per version (360/PS3)

lmk if that helps?

It's only $27 normally, it bumps to $42 after the 50% TIV bonus. You don't need a flyer, when they sign in to trade a game it'll prompt them if the Destiny/Madden promo was used. They hit yes, enter the UPC from the receipt (sometimes minus the 0 in front of it) and it'll apply the 50% bonus.
There's also the option to trade in online. There is a little trick with this though.

lmk if that helps?
Thanks bud! I'll give it a try. Looks like the online exchange is down right now. I'll give it a try as soon as it's back up and I'll let you know. If not, I hope the ad will continue for another day or two.

Since I'm not a Sam's Club member, and I'm interested in buying just one copy, this deal doesn't work for me. I'll just have to wait until Black Friday, or next year. :whistle2:

I checked my Sam's near work and they had some PS3 copies in stock. I grabbed 2 because I have no intention go getting myself banned from Walmart. I'm keeping one for myself and selling the other. If anyone here wanted a copy for PS3 and wasn't able to get one thanks to flippers, hit me up. $20 shipped (cost of bubble mailer and postage on top pf the $14.95 + tax)

So is Walmart still the best place to trade this in.  Picked up the final 2 copies at my Sam's Club last week, the cashier was pretty surprised when he saw the price and was about to pick up a copy for himself on the xbox 360 but they only had the 2 for the PS3.

With 50% back at BB, the TIV has dropped to $20 (must have had a lot of tradein's at the $27 it was with the last 50%), so it's $30 + GCU.

Hopefully Walmart is still doing the 50%, that would be a far better deal.

So is Walmart still the best place to trade this in. Picked up the final 2 copies at my Sam's Club last week, the cashier was pretty surprised when he saw the price and was about to pick up a copy for himself on the xbox 360 but they only had the 2 for the PS3.

With 50% back at BB, the TIV has dropped to $20 (must have had a lot of tradein's at the $27 it was with the last 50%), so it's $30 + GCU.

Bestbuy is the best $32 gcu

Walmart is $27

Gamestop is like $23-24

Walmart's 50% bonus ended last week.

So is Walmart still the best place to trade this in. Picked up the final 2 copies at my Sam's Club last week, the cashier was pretty surprised when he saw the price and was about to pick up a copy for himself on the xbox 360 but they only had the 2 for the PS3.

I think the 50% bonus at Walmart ended.

Heads up, guys.......it's definitely a ymmv find, but I scored a clearanced PS3 copy of Sleeping Dogs for like $6.71 or so the other night at Sam's. Might wanna keep your eyes peeled.

yeah the sams in my area too had like 50+ copies of the xbox 360 copy still when i bought one last monday, I doubt it got sold out.  only one walmart around here does trades and frankly its a town where you can easily make more money hustling tourists than driving around flipping games.

i kept one ps3 copy for myself, was gonna play but with GTA5 coming out now in 2 months on ps4 gonna keep and see if there are any trade deals at GS/Target/BB like TLOU.

also if you still have yours take out the GTA5 map and the zeppelin code if its inside, may be useful if you play the remaster

Yesterday was supposed to be the last day of the 14.98 sale price. I waited until the end to pick up the remaining copies for each platform so anyone that wanted in could get it. The store had 4 of each up to the last day

bread's done
Back