Grand Theft Auto 5 $14.98 + Tax Sam's Club YMMV B&M

^Great score! Brought 16 copies and traded them all into Walmart for $670+ (paid $250+). Amazing deal that I will use to save up money for other things. Thanks for the updates!

Damn, if the Destiny pre order bonus really lasts 3 more days I might have to look into this. Could grab one copy of GTA to flip from GS ($35 with BD/$5/PUR), then use that credit toward whatever stock they have at Sams. Thanks OP!

im jelly that you guys 1. actually find GTA at sams 2. actually find competent walmart workers to do MULTIPLE trade ins

thats like finding a talking unicorn. 

10410663_677676895660007_3550560465337111032_n.jpg
fuck you and take this shit to Slickdeals. Is this what CAG has turned into? I remember when seeing this type of action on this site would ensue a riot - we're about scoring good deals, not being dicks and clearing shelves.

fuck you and take this shit to Slickdeals. Is this what CAG has turned into? I remember when seeing this type of action on this site would ensue a riot - we're about scoring good deals, not being dicks and clearing shelves.
To me, that is a great deal for him. You have no idea what he's doing with those games. Could be donating, giving away for birthday / christmas presents or as a side job.

Be quick and don't complain b/c one person can get it or hundreds.

I'm shocked that some retail employees let people buy so many copies. When someone walks into your store and clears out your stock on one of your heavily discounted items, you have a good idea what they're going to do with that stock. I remember walking into Target and one of the employees told me that they sold 300 copies of $5 Halo 3 to a single person. I inquired about who it was and it turns out it was a local shop owner that I would turn down regularly for deals like this. Yeah, it sucks when people take them all, but when there are no systems in place to prevent it it's sometimes hard to resist.

Last edited by a moderator:
To me, that is a great deal for him. You have no idea what he's doing with those games. Could be donating, giving away for birthday / christmas presents or as a side job.

I can't complain since I did buy more than one game (I did apply my money toward Destiny though) but come on, we know exactly what's going on with those games. In the end we're supposed to be gamers, people getting good deals on games they play not arbitrageurs.

That's true, I don't know what he did with them. Sorry, I jumped the gun - he probably donated them to inner city youth. OH WAIT, WHAT'S THAT?!?!

|

|

V

Total of 46 copies bought today, traded them all into walmart for 2,000 store credit.
So yeah, it's called being a douche bag and clearing a shelf - again, that's not what CAG has been about. As I said, take this shit to Slickdeals if you want to brag about clearing out a store.

It's the retailers own fault. Here's a lesson, how about, before you start a new trade in program, take a look at the policies of other companys programs. Oh that company limits 3 copies, thats probably a good idea to limit dealers or abuse. Genius!

Idk what your definition of a good deal is but I just got an Xbox 1,wii u deluxe, Ps4. and food for me and my roommates. For $700 not only did I take care of Xmas but also food for the rest of the semester

I can confirm this as of this morning for both 360/PS3.  Both consoles had the wrong stickers on the games, but the shelf itself had this printed on it:

Except he said that he traded them all in to walmart for $2000, They were not for gifts, all 40 of them were bought for personal profit

Everyone here is a scammer.. Including myself. Only difference between him and you/I is the personal limit enforced. Get off your high horses!

Idk what your definition of a good deal is but I just got an Xbox 1,wii u deluxe, Ps4. and food for me and my roommates. For $700 not only did I take care of Xmas but also food for the rest of the semester
I'm not against flipping, but there is a fine line between making a nice profit, and just being plain greedy. Your greed caused other people to miss out on a deal.

You are on the wrong site, if you thought nobody was going to call you out for bragging about buying 46 copies of a game. Go back to lurking and contributing nothing, or even better go to slickdeals. You would be a hero there.

By the way, that really isn't that impressive of a flip. There are CAGS on here who bought all the current gen consoles with credit, and haven't paid cash for a game in years.

Went in and bought 6 copies for ~$90.. traded them into Walmart for $232.. after paying back for the games I purchased I will walk away with $142... Thanks OP

I'm not against flipping, but there is a fine line between making a nice profit, and just being plain greedy. Your greed caused other people to miss out on a deal.

You are on the wrong site, if you thought nobody was going to call you out for bragging about buying 46 copies of a game. Go back to lurking and contributing nothing, or even better go to slickdeals. You would be a hero there.

By the way, that really isn't that impressive of a flip. There are CAGS on here who bought all the current gen consoles with credit, and haven't paid cash for a game in years.
Who? Spent barely $500 and he brought all the current gen consoles and that isn't impressive. You're really salty and just saying that proves it.

As for making a profit, he made $2k. That is amazing for spending only 1/4th of that. As for people missing out on it, better luck next time. I don't buy out stores though I resell (which provides more money than any job I'd ever had) but I don't hate on others for doing it. It's all about timing and whether you have the revenue and ambition to make / spend more money.

You can choose to be mad at the person buying a store out or at a bunch of people getting the deal before you. Either way, you were slow and lacked funds. That's no one's fault but your own.

I bought all 8 in one store and all 4 in another. If they had 40 more I would have bought them. So I don't see the big deal about buying all the inventory a store has, I did in 2 stores not a huge amount but o well.

I love when people get bent out of shape because someone maxes out on a deal.

I bought all 8 in one store and all 4 in another. If they had 40 more I would have bought them. So I don't see the big deal about buying all the inventory a store has, I did in 2 stores not a huge amount but o well.
Look, I'm not on a "high horse", but to clear out a store is just being fucking selfish and greedy. Maybe it's because I'm no longer in the stage of my life where I'm living paycheck to paycheck, but it seems like common decency has been thrown out the window anymore.

Look, I'm not on a "high horse", but to clear out a store is just being fucking selfish and greedy. Maybe it's because I'm no longer in the stage of my life where I'm living paycheck to paycheck, but it seems like common decency has been thrown out the window anymore.
If you're not living paycheck to paycheck (which from reselling I don't either) than why do even deal hunt if you have all this money. There is no difference (at least imo) from getting a game on a deal to getting a deal to stack w/ another deal to get a better deal (being more money to spend on daily activities and expenses).

Who? Spent barely $500 and he brought all the current gen consoles and that isn't impressive. You're really salty and just saying that proves it.

As for making a profit, he made $2k. That is amazing for spending only 1/4th of that. As for people missing out on it, better luck next time. I don't buy out stores though I resell (which provides more money than any job I'd ever had) but I don't hate on others for doing it. It's all about timing and whether you have the revenue and ambition to make / spend more money.

You can choose to be mad at the person buying a store out or at a bunch of people getting the deal before you. Either way, you were slow and lacked funds. That's no one's fault but your own.
First of all, he spent ~$700 (plus tax, unless he lives in a state without sales tax). Anyway, I'm not going to call out CAGs who flip, but I for one have not paid for a game in about two years, and I am not even a huge flipper. Also, I'm not salty I didn't get the game (already have it), nor am I salty he made a profit.

Again, I don't have anything against flipping. I even flip when I am not busy with school. All I'm saying is that he should take the hoarding and mass flipping posts to slickdeals.

Reading comprehension is important.

First of all, he spent ~$700 (plus tax, unless he lives in a state without sales tax). Anyway, I'm not going to call out CAGs who flip, but I for one have not paid for a game in about two years, and I am not even a huge flipper. Also, I'm not salty I didn't get the game (already have it), nor am I salty he made a profit.

Again, I don't have anything against flipping. I even flip when I am not busy with school. All I'm saying is that he should take the hoarding and mass flipping posts to slickdeals.

Reading comprehension is important.
You're right, roughly $700 to make $2000+ which is a $1300 profit. I don't see how that's a bad thing. You have to spend money to make money and he made more than double his profit.

Why take it to SD? People post there hauls all the time (and you're assuming he cleared out stock too). Just b/c someone got more than others means they shouldn't post. Honestly. But it's whatever. A great deal is a great deal. If you miss out, better luck next time.

You're right, roughly $700 to make $2000+ which is a $1300 profit. I don't see how that's a bad thing. You have to spend money to make money and he made more than double his profit.

Why take it to SD? People post there hauls all the time (and you're assuming he cleared out stock too). Just b/c someone got more than others means they shouldn't post. Honestly. But it's whatever. A great deal is a great deal. If you miss out, better luck next time.
Eh, majority of CAGS do not post hauls like that, especially multiple brag posts, and the ones that do actually contribute to the forum, unlike that user.

Anyway, lets just agree to disagree, there is no point in arguing in this, and we are starting to derail this thread too much, lol.

You do realize he posted 2 post (1 pic, the other text) on the haul right. 

Go to the Amazon Warehouse thread. People post their hauls all the time (when it's good that is). But yeah, I don't agree with you but back on topic.

Great deal!  But some hoarder/reseller went around to all of my Sam's Club and bought all of them.  

Oh well!  You snooze, you lose!

It looks like the price is nationwide now, I went to the sams club today that scanned the game at $30 on sunday and it scanned at $15 today.  All out of PS3 versions (too bad woulda played one a bit until PS4 release) but I bought 4 xbox copies, gonna trade 2 and donate 2 to local shelter.

not sure where to trade though, not gonna bother with walmart since the only ones that trade are too far and i don't shop at walmart anyways.  @ Best Buy its $27, $25 at Gamestop (base TIVs but no bonuses).  I think at Target you can get a 20% coupon for trading in on Destiny, but you only get $20 and I already get 20% off at Best Buy.

Trade it into BB b/c you can price match almost any site at BB. Plus the 20% you have with GCU.
Not anymore:

At the time of sale, we price match all local retail competitors (including their online prices) and we price match products shipped from and sold by these major online retailers: Amazon.com, Bhphotovideo.com, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, HP.com, Newegg.com, and TigerDirect.com.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Payment-Pricing/Best-Buy-Low-Price-Guarantee/pcmcat297300050000.c?id=pcmcat297300050000

Maybe you can get lucky with an ignorant/uncaring employee, but officially, you're limited to those sites.

Not anymore:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Payment-Pricing/Best-Buy-Low-Price-Guarantee/pcmcat297300050000.c?id=pcmcat297300050000

Maybe you can get lucky with an ignorant/uncaring employee, but officially, you're limited to those sites.
Their list has over 50 places to price match so I think you're good. I don't see anywhere on that list that stops you from price matching any store.

I went in last week and got a PS4 controller from NewEgg. I saw the list and it still shows over 50 places to price match.

If you've taken part of any deal where there is a "glitch", you're scamming. Preorder cards, price errors, etc, it's all the same..

Just because "you left copies for other people/CAGs" doesn't change the fact that you're flipping games from one company to another..

This isn't a glitch.

Though I agree with you to an extent, pricing errors and preorder deals are not your fault nor is it a scam. Employees should know their policy and their register shouldn't even allow it. Target has had this problem for well over a year and still haven't told all their managers or changed their systems.

As for price mistake, idk. That's the fault of the company though a customer should see that it isn't the right price.

..well you definitely are a scum bag for being proud of being a scammer
How did you decipher that out of my quote? Lmao.. I'm far from proud about using this site and similar ones. I'd rather have a profession where I can afford to buy whatever I want than doing this shit. Anyone who's been on this site is a scammer.. Stop being ignorant!

...though a customer should see that it isn't the right price.
Ding ding ding. If you know the price is wrong, and you purchase the game, what is that called exactly? I don't mind if people do it.. Hell, I've done my fair share. But to call it anything other than a "scam" or "scamming" is ridiculous..

bread's done
Back