Grand Theft Auto IV - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='The 7th Number']Honestly that was the better ending for me. The other ending is even more epic.[/quote]

Ok I have not beaten the game but now I need to know the other ending, what is it.

[quote name='yukafls']Ok I have not beaten the game but now I need to know the other ending, what is it.[/quote]

In the other ending...
The same thing happens at the wedding but kate doesnt go with you, then some guy comes from behind and says this is a gift from dimitri, or something...and tries to kill niko but he gets a hold of the guys arm and the dude ends up killing roman. After that you go kill dimitri on the mission and malorie calls and says she is pregnant.

[quote name='metalgear65665']Why does Kate die in the end thats so stupid[/quote]

Morons like you should dig a 15 foot hole, jump in it and let a backhoe do its job to fill said hole back up. Seriously, you idiot, don't you think spoiler tags are on forums for a reason? But no, you didn't see the other half of the thread that's riddled with spoiler tag.

[quote name='The 7th Number']About getting 100%

It says "Beat someone on every activity - 5%" But ive beatin people in bowling, darts, and pool. Bowling and darts have 2 different locations, and i even beat people at those alternate places too. Is there anything else i can beat someone at that im overlooking?[/quote]

You must do every activity with each friend that is still alive.

[quote name='The 7th Number']In the other ending...
The same thing happens at the wedding but kate doesnt go with you, then some guy comes from behind and says this is a gift from dimitri, or something...and tries to kill niko but he gets a hold of the guys arm and the dude ends up killing roman. After that you go kill dimitri on the mission and malorie calls and says she is pregnant.
[/quote]

Damn, I guess you are screwed both ways.

heh you know what.. i'm not even 20 pecent done with the game yet..and i've read most things with spoiler tags.. makes no difference to me.. actually its rather fun hearing "vague" spoilers..

[quote name='urzishra14']heh you know what.. i'm not even 20 pecent done with the game yet..and i've read most things with spoiler tags.. makes no difference to me.. actually its rather fun hearing "vague" spoilers..[/quote]

see, I do that too because then it make me want to play it more.

It says "Beat someone on every activity - 5%" But ive beatin people in bowling, darts, and pool. Bowling and darts have 2 different locations, and i even beat people at those alternate places too. Is there anything else i can beat someone at that im overlooking?[/quote]

I am almost positive you need to beat the high score of qub3d (spelling? - that game in the strip club)

Damnit, I was only a hundred or so points away from getting the high score in Qub3d and then I lost. :lol:

At least it's not too hard. I just made too many mistakes at the end.

Seriuosly though. This returning back to single player is really starting to fucking annoying me.

No game programmer should ever have it so that you must return all the way back to the start screen when things hey wire. With a note to thing that have to load......loading single player, loading party mode, finding a game loading.

Thats to much time when you dont have a stable multiplayer interface.

[quote name='yukine']Damnit, I was only a hundred or so points away from getting the high score in Qub3d and then I lost. :lol:

At least it's not too hard. I just made too many mistakes at the end.[/quote]

Yea I was surprised I got the high score and unlocked an achievement, that was pretty cool. Qub3d is pretty good too.

Seriuosly though. This returning back to single player is really starting to fucking annoying me.

No game programmer should ever have it so that you must return all the way back to the start screen when things hey wire. With a note to thing that have to load......loading single player, loading party mode, finding a game loading.

Thats to much time when you dont have a stable multiplayer interface.

Have you played Lost Planet before? Its not a big deal, instead of a menu like most games you go back to going through your phone again. I still say a speed dial function is essential.;)

[quote name='Spybreak8']Yea I was surprised I got the high score and unlocked an achievement, that was pretty cool. Qub3d is pretty good too.

QUB3D sucks. Maybe it is simply because I hate tetris. It took me a couple of times to get the high score but I finally did it and now like 1.5% closer to my 100% completion. Different strokes for different folks.

See this checklist. I'm 85% done and it's the best checklist that I've seen:

http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/32273/t1148563-100-completion-checklist-maps/

But to answer your question, you must beat the computer or a friend (doesn't matter which computer character) at bowling, darts, and pool. Must also get the high score at QUB3D which is 10900.

These pigeons are no joke. Even with a good guide that gives you an image and the location I can still get stuck on one for a good 10 minutes.

[quote name='metalgear65665']No freedom of speech...err text this is a discussion of the game is it not?[/quote]

Just shut the fuck up man. Dont play that card.

Just stop. You will be banned soon so it doesnt matter.

Quick question, since rockstar social club extended its 100% "Key to the City" contest...I was wondering how to I link my xbl account to the social club. I currently have an account on the social club but i dont see where i can link it to my xbox account. 28% & 9days seems pretty reasonable to me.

[quote name='naiku']Quick question, since rockstar social club extended its 100% "Key to the City" contest...I was wondering how to I link my xbl account to the social club. I currently have an account on the social club but i dont see where i can link it to my xbox account. 28% & 9days seems pretty reasonable to me.[/quote]

It sure is reasonable :D I hope other CAGs will get the key, gunning for one too. If I recall correctly, all you have to do is log into the social club website, then goto edit profile (top right) then there's an option on the right hand side that says "Link Xbox Live Gamertag." I would post a screenshot, but its hard using a mac keyboard with no direct print screen button (on my windows vista side right now).

[quote name='Spybreak8']Lol man I think you're a minority in that aspect.[/quote]

lol, probably right. Tetris is a mind game, makes you think. I don't like to think, stresses me out too much. GTA is all about taking out frustration, atleast for me, which I love, not sitting down playing a mind game. I want to shoot people, not figuring out which blocks go where, and why. :lol:

^

awesome man thanks a bunch.

edit/update: probably gonna finish up the story tonight. I think all i got left is stuntjumps & flying rats. would be pretty cool to get that key

I cannot sign up for the Key to the city contest because I am on firefox:cry:. If anyone gets on and want to trade it, I would do a trade+paypal deal.:D:D:D

[quote name='yukafls']I cannot sign up for the Key to the city contest because I am on firefox:cry:. If anyone gets on and want to trade it, I would do a trade+paypal deal.:D:D:D[/quote]

Why can't you get the key since you are using firefox?

As far as I know, you don't need to sign up for the contest. All you need to do is get 100% and then sign onto xbox live.

Could be wrong though, the website hasn't updated my profile because it still says "you haven't completed the main story yet." Using Firefox 3 Beta 5 currently.

I was looking at the liberty city marathon (rockstar social club) last night and it showed that i had the bronze medal for using public transport. I had like 30%. Now today using the same save file it says i have 5%! Anyone else notice weird stuff like that happening? Plus a lot of the categories show 0% when they should be at least some.

EDIT....yeah in my stats it says "Miles as taxi passenger 337.38. On the social site 100% would be 400 miles, yet it says i have 5%,.

Unless it means that pressing A and warping there dont count?

[quote name='The 7th Number']I was looking at the liberty city marathon (rockstar social club) last night and it showed that i had the bronze medal for using public transport. I had like 30%. Now today using the same save file it says i have 5%! Anyone else notice weird stuff like that happening? Plus a lot of the categories show 0% when they should be at least some.

EDIT....yeah in my stats it says "Miles as taxi passenger 337.38. On the social site 100% would be 400 miles, yet it says i have 5%,.[/quote]

Had somewhat the same thing happen to me. I had my game at like 60% complete, nearly had the main story done (was about 2% from completing it). It said it saved the game (auto-saved) but when I restarted the game, I was back down to my last save, at 45%. It sucked.

[quote name='redfusion']This is a stupid question, but how do you get a knife? I don't even see it in the weapon shop, and i'm 27% complete if that helps.[/quote]

You can get a knife from
Little Jacob's trunk,
iirc.

Anyone have any trouble with the "fly underneath all bridges" achievement?
I have 1 left to fly under and I swear I've flown under every bridge like 5x.......Anyone else having a simliar problem that could help me figure out what I'm doing wrong?

They have a little video on Xbox insider of all the bridges, basically where the "Messages button" used to be on ur 360. Check out the video and it may help...

Oh and QUB3D SUCKS!!!! I'm colorblind :cry:

[quote name='pelf21']Anyone have any trouble with the "fly underneath all bridges" achievement?
I have 1 left to fly under and I swear I've flown under every bridge like 5x.......Anyone else having a simliar problem that could help me figure out what I'm doing wrong?[/quote]

There's one bridge thats pretty difficult....its a low as fuck, your basically floating on the water to go under it. Its in Alderny

Try here http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/6667/undertheradarss8.png

# 11 is the low one, but # 2 is easy to miss as well.

[quote name='bmachine']You can get a knife from
Little Jacob's trunk,
iirc.[/quote]

Wait, what do you mean? Like in a car?

[quote name='yukafls']Wait, what do you mean? Like in a car?[/quote]

Make friends with Little Jacob, go out for a drink, play pool, eat some food, go to a strip club or watch a show or some shit with him, after about 75% of Little Jacob liking you...you unlock the ability to Call up Jacob for his supply of Guns at a nice % off regular price...and drive to a location nearest to you and sell you weapons out of the trunk of his car.

[quote name='joe2187']
Make friends with Little Jacob, go out for a drink, play pool, eat some food, go to a strip club or watch a show or some shit with him, after about 75% of Little Jacob liking you...you unlock the ability to Call up Jacob for his supply of Guns at a nice % off regular price...and drive to a location nearest to you and sell you weapons out of the trunk of his car.
[/quote]

Damn, time to take a friend to the strip club:D Thanks

[quote name='Wolve11']
Oh and QUB3D SUCKS!!!! I'm colorblind :cry:[/quote]

Same here man, its hard to tell green and yellows apart for me. Sometimes blue and pink or purple whatever the 2nd blueish color is. One of the reasons i hate Hexic HD too. After a while i cant tell colors a part, especially when those bombs come into play.

This was quite a few pages back, so I'm not sure who I'm replying to. Anyways if you Dwayne isn't picking up the phone to do friend stuff with, it's because you haven't replied to his "yo" email. After replying to that email, wait several hours game time and he'll call you.

[quote name='pelf21']Got it, thanks.....believe it or not is was #14.....I'm not sure how I swear I flew underneath that one before......[/quote]
You probably did fly under it (I had trouble with that one also), but you have to fly under a very particular part under that bridge. Lame...I know..

I think I'm stuck..

I've just opened up the Playboy X missions and opened up the Algonquin Island. So I have those missions available and I have the mystery mission down on the pier. The problem I'm having is that neither mission will trigger when I go over the arrows. So now I can't do any of the missions.

How are you going over them? With a car? On foot? Sometimes missions will only trigger when you use a specific vehicle/outfit. There should be a message telling you what you need.

I'm really close to 100% now.

[quote name='KingBroly']How are you going over them? With a car? On foot? Sometimes missions will only trigger when you use a specific vehicle/outfit. There should be a message telling you what you need.

I'm really close to 100% now.[/quote]

nothing on screen is telling me what i need to wear or whatever..

[quote name='KingBroly']How are you going over them? With a car? On foot? Sometimes missions will only trigger when you use a specific vehicle/outfit. There should be a message telling you what you need.

I'm really close to 100% now.[/quote]

For getting to 100%, do you just have to complete all of the main missions? I would really like to get one of those keys..

bread's done
Back