Grand Theft Auto IV - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='Callandor']Anyone have a good suggestion for where to go to get the 10 melee counters? Maybe somewhere the cops won't rush to?[/quote]

I don't know, everytime I start a fight in a dark area (with bums) they always show up in 1 minute or 2. I did mine in downtown area(2nd Island), near the safe house. I saw a bunch of cabs lined up and started getting into fight with the cab drivers. The cab drivers are slow and you can counter there punches easily,so you might as well try that. If you run into cops just get in to a car and clear the 1 star, it's not that hard.

[quote name='dealer']Where does the Annihilator helicopter spawn after you kill all 200 of the flying rats?[/quote]

Anybody?

You don't get anything while unlocking them either. I missed 1, but fortunately it was one of the first ones and I had looked in the wrong place and just assumed it was one of the few I had already shot. I got to the 200th one using the Gamespot guide with 1 left and it wasnt there. I thought my head was going to explode.

Quick question. So after I beat the game does it let me just roam free doing the cheesemints?

How else would you be able to do the 30 hour one.

Also since I think I have no hope of doing that now......do I have to start a completely new game to get the one later?

[quote name='Callandor']Anyone have a good suggestion for where to go to get the 10 melee counters? Maybe somewhere the cops won't rush to?[/quote]

I did it in the docks with no issues...next to the big ships. Never had cops.

----

How many missions to complete the game...I'm still trying to wrap my head around how the finish the game under 30 hours works. Do I have to do the side missions like dating/stealing cars...etc.?

[quote name='Callandor']Anyone have a good suggestion for where to go to get the 10 melee counters? Maybe somewhere the cops won't rush to?[/QUOTE]

The best spot to do it is where you get the Helicopter tours.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I did it in the docks with no issues...next to the big ships. Never had cops.

----

How many missions to complete the game...I'm still trying to wrap my head around how the finish the game under 30 hours works. Do I have to do the side missions like dating/stealing cars...etc.?[/quote]

94 Main missions, some missions count as double for some reason.

You dont need to do the dating, other than the few you are introduced to as a way to progress to more main missions like
Michelle, and Kate Mcreary

I finished it at 28 hours. Just do mission after mission and take taxi cabs to save on extra time, some missions take alot of time one took me 20 minutes to finish

I need some Stunt help. Look at the pic, there are 2 yellow dots i need help with.

Left dot, i have no idea where that is.

Right dot, i try and try and it always says i wasnt good enough. Maybe im doing it too fast? Any tips?

Map in spoilers
stunthelpxw7.jpg

[quote name='The 7th Number']I need some Stunt help. Look at the pic, there are 2 yellow dots i need help with.

Left dot, i have no idea where that is.

Right dot, i try and try and it always says i wasnt good enough. Maybe im doing it too fast? Any tips?

Map in spoilers
stunthelpxw7.jpg
[/quote]

Use this flash map, it's got photos of every ramp/jump

http://grimreapers.org/GTA_RampLocations1-50.swf

Sweet im at 89%.

Only things i have left to do are...
Beat someone on every activity - 5%

(are there 5 activities? Because after i do the bottom that adds 10% with 1% left. Ive beaten people at Darts, Pool, Bowling, and highscore on cub3d. I could be wrong about pool, i could have beaten girlfriends at it. hmmm)

Get all special abilities from your friends (doesn't include Dwayne or Roman and do the associated activities - 10%

[quote name='KiLL3r']I don't know, everytime I start a fight in a dark area (with bums) they always show up in 1 minute or 2. I did mine in downtown area(2nd Island), near the safe house. I saw a bunch of cabs lined up and started getting into fight with the cab drivers. The cab drivers are slow and you can counter there punches easily,so you might as well try that. If you run into cops just get in to a car and clear the 1 star, it's not that hard.[/QUOTE]

This is basically what I did. Just started punching cars to piss people off and get in fights.

On an additional note, the 4 minute counter carries over if you get killed. So if you, say, get 8 counters and then die, just find another fight quickly and you can still finish the achievement.

Finished with 19:54 hours, JEEZE! I wish there was a 20 hour achievement

Also, when does the Social Club update? I wanna see all there is to do but of course, it wont update.

[quote name='Callandor']This is basically what I did. Just started punching cars to piss people off and get in fights.

On an additional note, the 4 minute counter carries over if you get killed. So if you, say, get 8 counters and then die, just find another fight quickly and you can still finish the achievement.[/QUOTE]

I did it in front of a hospital.. this way if the cops ever show up, I just let them gun me down real fast, and start fighting right where I spawn.

Was an easy achievement, I thought.

I am going for 100% and saw this Rockstar's site for the contest in the Terms. "Players may use any enhancement intended to be accessible within the Game, such as unlockable items or codes entered via the controller. " I'm pretty sure this means we can use our cell phone to type in the number to clear wanted level right? Just wanting to know if others have used cheats to make their way to 100%.

So, after about a full week of the social club not updating, it finally did and I can now view the story book thing (meaning that I beat the main story). Funny and really strange is that I click on the 100% book and it says 0%....dammit. I am 5% from 100% and want that key.

[quote name='Roufuss']I did it in front of a hospital.. this way if the cops ever show up, I just let them gun me down real fast, and start fighting right where I spawn.

Was an easy achievement, I thought.[/QUOTE]

That's not a half-bad idea.

Did a bunch more story tonight. Helicopter is now my new favorite mode of travel.

Im at 95% with the only thing left to do is....

Little Jacob
- Show
- Strip Club

Brucie
- Heli Ride
- Show
- Strip Club

Packie
- Show
- Strip Club

Other then that, i believe ive done everything.

Does anyone know if the last mission from
Bernie, where you pick up your car
is counted towards 100%? I havent done it since its not needed, and would rather not do it.

[quote name='Littlefields']If I'm not mistaken, the Strip Club security takes away your weapons right? How do you get in without losing all your weapons?[/quote]

No, you just cant enter it with a weapon in your hand.

There are a couple strip clubs that you cant go into at all. "pillows" and another one on the middle island. :(

PS. dont try to use your camera phone in the strip clubs. :D

[quote name='Scorch']I wish you could take pictures of whatever and send them to whomever. I'd love to see some random responses..[/QUOTE]

yeah... it's a bit unfair that my love meat girl cassandra sends me pics of herself, but I cant >_

Its official....i got 100% :D

Playing time 64 hours, 3 minutes, 29 seconds.

Dont i get anything for unlocking 100%? I thought i would get an email or something but nothing. I cant find any info on it either.

Hmm the social site wont let me in....says 21% :(

^
go to socialclub, click on GTA4, click on the 100% club. It say access denied then shows a percent on the bottom. Im guessing thats your current % according to the website. It shows me @ 57% when im actually @ 92%

[quote name='The 7th Number']Its official....i got 100% :D

Playing time 64 hours, 3 minutes, 29 seconds.

Dont i get anything for unlocking 100%? I thought i would get an email or something but nothing. I cant find any info on it either.

Hmm the social site wont let me in....says 21% :([/quote]

Awesome!!!! Make sure that you take pictures of your Key when you get it.

Also, now that you got 100% do you feel like you won't play GTAIV anymore?

----

I was having such a hard time trying to blow up 10 cars via chain reaction for the achivement...I tried it under one of the tunnels, blocked the area threw grenades, but not enough cars blow up...

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Awesome!!!! Make sure that you take pictures of your Key when you get it.

Also, now that you got 100% do you feel like you won't play GTAIV anymore?

----

I was having such a hard time trying to blow up 10 cars via chain reaction for the achivement...I tried it under one of the tunnels, blocked the area threw grenades, but not enough cars blow up...[/QUOTE]

Block one of the bridges with a bus. Wait until 10 or more cars come. I used a Rocket Launcher but grenades should work as well.

I also just finished up 100%. Took me about 59 hours. I'll end up playing online and messing around a little more in the single player but after that wears off I can't see myself playing it that much more.

I'll have to try the bus thing, guess a limo could work for that too. Thanks, and :applause: on your 100%...wish I had the time to had gotten it...the key to the city trophy is a really cool prize.

[quote name='The 7th Number']PS. dont try to use your camera phone in the strip clubs. :D[/quote]

I was able to get mine out once without being detected. They move around too much to get a good closeup shot, so I had to settle for full body.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Awesome!!!! Make sure that you take pictures of your Key when you get it.

Also, now that you got 100% do you feel like you won't play GTAIV anymore?[/quote]

Well the challenge of getting 100% is gone. Ill still play it, but more of a casual thing. I still have dating, watch tv, achievements, multiplayer, and more.

what do you guys think
should I kill dwyane or playboyX? I'm leaning towards dwyane because he creeps me out.
without spoiling any advice on which leads to a more interesting storyline?

27%.. which obviously isn't right.. I'm about 40% done.. it angers me that my game glitched.. I was at 37% 4 days ago... with a lot more done..

[quote name='dubbfoolio']what do you guys think
should I kill dwyane or playboyX? I'm leaning towards dwyane because he creeps me out.
without spoiling any advice on which leads to a more interesting storyline?[/quote]

You kill:
Playboy X - you get his penthouse and Dwayne as a friend
Dwayne - you get cash.

[quote name='DJSteel']
You kill:
Playboy X - you get his penthouse and Dwayne as a friend
Dwayne - you get cash.
[/quote]

I guess you failed to read "without spoiling".

In case you didnt read that....its better to kill....
Playboy X

[quote name='The 7th Number']I guess you failed to read "without spoiling".

In case you didnt read that....its better to kill....
Playboy X
[/quote]

sweet thanks man.

bread's done
Back