Grand Theft Auto IV - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='xeno']
after getting the helicopter in paper trail i keep on losing the target that your suppose to go after,any tips? also any tips on the three leaf clover mission after you get outside the bank ?
[/quote]

Hmmm... I was able to pass Three Leaf Clover on my first try. Make sure you have full health, a bullet proof vest and a submachine gun (you'll pick up plenty of ammo along the way). Always use cover and kill all the red dots first. I wouldn't worry about the cops behind you unless you're taking too long killing the guys labeled with red dots. If you see only one red dot on your radar left, just go up to him and shoot him with a shotgun. Switch to the assault rifle once you pick it up for quicker kills and always try for a head shot (aim manually if you have to or adjust your auto-aim). If you take too long taking them down one by one, cops will start to arrive behind you which will slowly eat away at your health/armor. Pick up any health and armor along your route too! I ended up with full health (no armor) left by the end of the mission. G'luck!

The mission I had the most trouble with so far is
I need your clothes, your boots and your motorcycle. I hated driving the motorcycle b/c I ran into other cars all the time and went flying. :lol:
I tried that mission 4 times before I was able to pass it. I didn't like driving to the location to start the mission either. That was what made the mission so miserable since I had to try it so many times. :bomb:

While completing the under the radar achievement I noticed that "trophy" icons would appear on the map for a brief period of time. I have also noticed that if you get close to one of the unique people a "friend" icon will appear on your map.

Are there any other map oddities like these? I really wish there was an in game way to tell where the stunt jumps and pigeons are. It seems weird that there would be details added to the map for somethings and not others. It seems really random.

For the Snow Storm mission...

I brought a motorcycle with me through the abandoned hospital, moving it up as I eliminated the guys. Then I parked it facing towards the exit and sped out after I grabbed the coke and the cops arrived. All my attempts to gun my way out and hop in a nearby car failed.

[quote name='Halo05']For the Snow Storm mission...

I brought a motorcycle with me through the abandoned hospital, moving it up as I eliminated the guys. Then I parked it facing towards the exit and sped out after I grabbed the coke and the cops arrived. All my attempts to gun my way out and hop in a nearby car failed.
[/quote]
WOW. That is such a good idea, no joke. I wish I did that! I instead just conserved as much health/armor as I could while killing the gangsters and then ran for my life to that crappy car outside when the cops came in.

[quote name='Halo05']For the Snow Storm mission...

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip. I haven't played much lately, but I was frustrated with that mission (after only 3 attempts). I'll give your method a shot.

[quote name='help1']
WOW. That is such a good idea, no joke. I wish I did that! I instead just conserved as much health/armor as I could while killing the gangsters and then ran for my life to that crappy car outside when the cops came in.
[/quote]
also try and snipe the guards and use those grenades!

[quote name='xeno']
also try and snipe the guards and use those grenades!
[/quote]

I probably should have clarified. I already passed the mission after going through the now-unnecessary headache.

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']

The mission I had the most trouble with so far is
I need your clothes, your boots and your motorcycle. I hated driving the motorcycle b/c I ran into other cars all the time and went flying. :lol:
I tried that mission 4 times before I was able to pass it. I didn't like driving to the location to start the mission either. That was what made the mission so miserable since I had to try it so many times. :bomb:[/quote]

I really got lucky with this mission(First Try), I chased him down to the 3rd city. Then I crash into a vehicle and I thought it was over, I was basically waiting for the retry text message to appear. Until he started coming straight to at me with his bike, Blasted his ass with the couple of shotgun rounds to complete the mission.

[quote name='KiLL3r']I really got lucky with this mission(First Try), I chased him down to the 3rd city. Then I crash into a vehicle and I thought it was over, I was basically waiting for the retry text message to appear. Until he started coming straight to at me with his bike, Blasted his ass with the couple of shotgun rounds to complete the mission.[/quote]

Nice job! You must have terrific control with the bike. I was so desperate on my third attempt that I stole a bus and blocked the exit, but it disappeared when the mission started.
(pathetic) :lol:

The main problem was the lengthy drive to the "start" of the mission. I had to drive the same route so many times that I got sick of it. :bomb:

[quote name='drbutchevil']Looks like I'm not going to be getting my key to the city. I got 100 % last week, RS Social Club still says i'm at 95 %. Such bullshit.[/quote]

It won't matter, you will get the key, no doubt. If it makes you feel any better, I'm stuck at 0%, yes that's not a typo, its really 0% and I have 100% completion. The site might not update to us but it does update to R*, meaning, the minute you ding 100% and are online, they know.

Example:

I completed the main story on May 7th, the site didn't update til sometime around the 16th. Now, when I look at the story completion book, it says that I completed it on the 7th, and not on the 16th (when the site updated to me).

Have faith my friend. :D

I played multiplayer last night for the first time, holy shit is it fun. :lol: I've been missing out.

I got into a random team deathmatch game and it was just this other dude and me and we kicked some ass even though it was 2 vs 3, good times.

i dont know if this was asked before but..

anyone know if its possible to upload your own songs onto gta's radio station? san andreas for the xbox gave you the option so i wanted to know if this was possible

The Gracie Mission was awesome.
I thought it was cool how she tries to steer you off road. It was exciting! Lol, she had me going like 10 mph. All this while bitch slapping her haha.

[quote name='decrot']i dont know if this was asked before but..

anyone know if its possible to upload your own songs onto gta's radio station? san andreas for the xbox gave you the option so i wanted to know if this was possible[/quote]

Nope.

guys, can anyone help on the Rolled Over: Do 5 car rolls in a row from one crash achievement? I've been wrecking cars like a madman for the past hour, and I can't get it. tried all kinds of cars: Infernus, Comet, Sabre GT, Blista, SUVs, trucks, cabs, cop cars, and hell, even a semi just to see what would happen.

I tried lining up the crash at the end of a steep off ramp in Alderney, clipped a car then went over this jump (not one of the stunt jumps) and I swear I did more than 5 rolls, looked like about 7, but I didn't get it.

tips?

[quote name='kromekoran']guys, can anyone help on the Rolled Over: Do 5 car rolls in a row from one crash achievement? I've been wrecking cars like a madman for the past hour, and I can't get it. tried all kinds of cars: Infernus, Comet, Sabre GT, Blista, SUVs, trucks, cabs, cop cars, and hell, even a semi just to see what would happen.

I tried lining up the crash at the end of a steep off ramp in Alderney, clipped a car then went over this jump (not one of the stunt jumps) and I swear I did more than 5 rolls, looked like about 7, but I didn't get it.

tips?[/QUOTE]

Go to the airport. Using a cop car is fine. There are ramps in there. Just hit one on the side with only two wheels. You should get it after a few tries. The ramps are in the grass you should see that as there are a few one after another.

The achievement is also glitched. So say you do 3 rolls on the first jump. Then your next jump is two rolls, you will also get the achievement.

Do the insane jump off of the unfinished bridge (there's a ramp at the end) and use handbrake to get the car perpendicular to the jump so you land on two wheels.

Just finished "Three Leaf Clover".
I thought it was pretty easy, took me two tries. I do think I just got lucky though. As the first time I went across the bridge and slammed into all those cop road blocks, then I get to Packie's house to find out I need to lose the wanted level (!!!), the car I'm in catches on fire and we jump out but Derrick is on fire and dies.

However, on the second go. Once I get to the streets I jump into this SUV parked and haul ass out of there. I go down a street or two and the stars are already blinking. I didn't even have to deal with the bridges full of cops. :D

[quote name='menikmati']Awesome, the Social Club is still broken as shit for me.[/quote]

Its slowly updating for me. I beat 100% on wed night and almost a week has past and its showing 81% right now. Ive also had 2 of my zits show up.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']wow... I didn't know this... nice to know...

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/...o-iv/videos/ignstrategize08_GTAIV_051608.html[/quote]

that doesnt really work. Ive had 2 cars and a motorcycle all within the parking spot and one car disappeared. It may work for a while, but if you save and reload they wont all be there.

Nice! It finally told me I made it in the 100% Club (ranked at 89th in the world).

It lets you download wallpapers, print certificates/membership cards, download MySpace themes, make t-shirts, and download buddy icons once you get into the 100% Club.

I just finished the story tonight, it's a great game.

Now I'm off to do some of the side missions. I have all the assassination missions to do as well as finishing up a few things here and there. Then I have to decide if I want to go pigeon hunting or not.

yeah, just tried that tire trick I posted.. barely ever works >_<

as for pigeon hunting, other than ones I came across while doing the story I haven't even touched that... same goes for stunt jumps. right now I'm working on the races mainly as they could be a game in itself.

[quote name='DomLando']Go to the airport. Using a cop car is fine. There are ramps in there. Just hit one on the side with only two wheels. You should get it after a few tries. The ramps are in the grass you should see that as there are a few one after another.

The achievement is also glitched. So say you do 3 rolls on the first jump. Then your next jump is two rolls, you will also get the achievement.[/quote]

thanks. I did it last night and got it easy. it's amazing how I took a simple achievement and made it difficult for myself.

[quote name='kromekoran']thanks. I did it last night and got it easy. it's amazing how I took a simple achievement and made it difficult for myself.[/QUOTE]

Your welcome.

I was making it hard on myself as well until I found out that method.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']yeah, just tried that tire trick I posted.. barely ever works >_<

as for pigeon hunting, other than ones I came across while doing the story I haven't even touched that... same goes for stunt jumps. right now I'm working on the races mainly as they could be a game in itself.[/quote]

The races are extremely easy. I found myself always out in front about half way around the first lap of every race. I really dont mind since i hate racing in GTA, but its so easy a caveman could do it.

I finally was let into the 100% club. Damn that key looks cooler than i thought. I hope i get one, as i beat the 100% 4 days before the deadline.

Sad enough, since ive gotten 100% ive very rarely played this game anymore. :(

[quote name='DomLando']Your welcome.

I was making it hard on myself as well until I found out that method.[/quote]

Thanks from me as well. I pulled it off at lunch using your method and also nabbed the Walk Free achievement when escaping the ruckus I created at the airport.

I was extremely cautious after escaping the 4 star because I didn't want to have to get those achievements again so I hailed a cab to make it back to the safehouse. During the cab ride, I get a call from Jeff, one of the random characters I did a mission for before.

He wants me to meet him in a parking garage. Fearing that his mission might not come up again, I say sure and redirect the cab to the new location.

Now I meet Jeff and
he wants me to dump his wife's dead body and the car she is in for him. It seems straight forward until I start to drive the car. It is a hatch back and you can clearly see her dead body in the car from the street!

I knew that was going to mean trouble so I start to slowly inch the car out of the garage only to see a cop parked right outside. How convenient. I backed the car into the garage again and headed out the other side.

Of course on the drive there I get spotted by another cop and end up racing all over the city trying to ditch them. I had to repeat that like 3 times on my way to the drop-off point but I finally pulled it off.

I called Roman's taxi service, got to my safehouse, saved my game and breathed a sigh of relief.

[quote name='The 7th Number']The races are extremely easy. I found myself always out in front about half way around the first lap of every race. I really dont mind since i hate racing in GTA, but its so easy a caveman could do it.

I finally was let into the 100% club. Damn that key looks cooler than i thought. I hope i get one, as i beat the 100% 4 days before the deadline.

Sad enough, since ive gotten 100% ive very rarely played this game anymore. :([/quote]

Mind posting a pic of the key? I got 100% but site still says 92%.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']wait, who is it you can date on craplist and what's her ability? i got kiki and carmen already.[/quote]

What is craplist?

[quote name='ArthurDigbySellers']Thanks from me as well. I pulled it off at lunch using your method and also nabbed the Walk Free achievement when escaping the ruckus I created at the airport.

I was extremely cautious after escaping the 4 star because I didn't want to have to get those achievements again so I hailed a cab to make it back to the safehouse. [/quote]

just so you know, once you get an achievement it can't get taken away. I see from your gamercard you're quite new to the 360, but once you see that icon pop up letting you know you've gotten it the achievement is yours no matter what happens in-game.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']this[/quote]

The key says 1 of 100 though. Does only the top 100 get the key? I came in like 903rd. LOL. I was thinking anyone past 100 that got 100% in time would just get that silver bar, but not the key. I dunno, i have nothing to back this up.

[quote name='kromekoran']just so you know, once you get an achievement it can't get taken away. I see from your gamercard you're quite new to the 360, but once you see that icon pop up letting you know you've gotten it the achievement is yours no matter what happens in-game.[/quote]

Yeah, I just got a 360 and GTA4 is my first game. Thanks for the heads up.

Wow, pretty disappointed at the end of the game, espicially with the story.

They couldn't have made it anymore obvious that Kate was going to die... that entire conversation was so dripping with the knowledge that she wasn't going to live past the wedding. They should have just flashed it across the screen "KATE WILL DIE AT THE WEDDING". And what's up with him not getting Packie to help? Your friend's sister dies, and you don't call him up to help get revenge?

The only thing that shocked me was that Pegorino was the one that pulled the trigger... I was expecting Bulgarin

On the cargo ship mission (you know the one), and that's a beast. I hate when/if the cops show up, though.

I think next time I'm going to land a helicopter on the bridge as a shortcut.

To anyone else who's beat the game -

What happened to Mr Bulgarin? He came to Liberty City, he tracked down Niko, you kill his friend Dimitri, and he never shows up again?!? Or are they saving the other story for DLC?

[quote name='Roufuss']To anyone else who's beat the game -

What happened to Mr Bulgarin? He came to Liberty City, he tracked down Niko, you kill his friend Dimitri, and he never shows up again?!? Or are they saving the other story for DLC?
[/quote]

yeah, I'm guessing they're saving him for DLC or the sequel if they stick with Niko for the sequel. if they use his storyline for the exclusive DLC it'll suck for PS3 owners though, and that'd cause a minor shitstorm I'm sure.

[quote name='kromekoran']
yeah, I'm guessing they're saving him for DLC or the sequel if they stick with Niko for the sequel. if they use his storyline for the exclusive DLC it'll suck for PS3 owners though, and that'd cause a minor shitstorm I'm sure.
[/QUOTE]

Well, Microsoft did pay a ton of money for exclusive episodic content as a way to stick it to Sony. It wouldn't surprise me if this does happen.

[quote name='Roufuss']Wow, pretty disappointed at the end of the game, espicially with the story.

They couldn't have made it anymore obvious that Kate was going to die... that entire conversation was so dripping with the knowledge that she wasn't going to live past the wedding. They should have just flashed it across the screen "KATE WILL DIE AT THE WEDDING". And what's up with him not getting Packie to help? Your friend's sister dies, and you don't call him up to help get revenge?

The only thing that shocked me was that Pegorino was the one that pulled the trigger... I was expecting Bulgarin
[/quote]

There's another ending ya know...

If you take the deal path, Roman dies.

[quote name='kromekoran']
[/quote]

Ha, you probably chase him to San Andreas. Good place to build an army of gansters to fight Niko.:D:lol:

Sorry if it's been asked before, but I tried not to read any spoilers ahead of time in regards to the choices you can make in the game.
What are the major differences in the storyline if I choose to kill Derrick or Francis McCreary? The same question applies to Dwayne and Playboy X too (although that choice isn't as important to me. I chose to kill Playboy X to get his apartment a few nights ago and I see no discernible differences in the storyline thus far, and I chose to kill Francis last night b/c the guy is a blackmailing prick.

Also, for some reason I can never hang out with Dwayne. He never picks up his phone :lol: Any hints or tips on how to get him to hang out with me? I really want to try out his friend "bonus" with the two gangster allies in a gunfight. It sounds like something from GTA:SA which I really enjoyed hehe.

bread's done
Back